Bottling the je ne sais quoi of a transit

passiflora

Do you ever get that sense during a transit that is just working for you, that it would be nice to preserve this experience? Venus and Jupiter transits can be really obvious and nice, but there are lots - conjunctions to the north node, even Saturn has been nice to me on occasion. Preserving the sense though is like trying to precipitate something out of the air. What are some good ways of doing so? Journaling?

katydid

Great idea for a thread. I have done a lot of those kinds of things over the years, meant to fortify or accentuate the beneficial transit.

I have Jupiter conjunct my Ascendant in Taurus, from the 12th. And Jupiter is in a mutual reception with my Venus in Sag, the ruler of the chart.

One year I had a Jupiter return which was accompanied by Tr Venus conjunct Jupiter.

So I built an altar, which is a Jupiter ruled thing, and filled it with Jupiter/Venus treasures, like gems and fresh fruit and figs and hand written passages from spiritual texts, and beautiful paintings of flowers and religious icons.

I kept that altar up and going for many years, until I moved from that studio apartment and had children. At that point it became difficult to keep their hands away from it. lol

I dated an amazing astrologer for several years in my early 20's/ Towards the end of our relationship, it became glaringly obvious that our relationship was coming to an end. :bandit:

My Virgo boyfriend was experiencing a very difficult transit to his Saturn in Scorpio in the 1st house. Tr Uranus was making a station on his Saturn, which already had a lot of difficult natal aspects. :ninja:

Uranus was conjunct his Saturn and opposing his 7th house Moon. So emotionally, he was not available to me and had a hard time expressing himself.

So on one of our final days together as a couple, we were silently, glumly, walking around Santa Monica, doing errands he needed to do so he could make a trip back East to see family. His father was very sick....{ and the unsaid undercurrent was that my bf was not coming back for a long time.]

He had been very quiet all day, just mumbling that he didn't know how to explain how we was feeling, or what he could say to me.

Then we came upon a weird situation. The downtown sidewalk was blocked of by barriers and construction signs...WARNING--Stay Back....

And we heard very loud jack hammers....we watched the scene for a minute because my bf was very engrossed....then saw that a crew was coming around moving everyone further back behind a small fence.

And they were about to demolish an old building...[ Uranus conjunct Saturn in Scorpio?]

We stood and watched the entire event. My boyfriend teared up. Later he told me it was like a sudden release for all of the internalized emotion/stress he had going on.

To this day when I see a Uranus/Saturn transit, I think of this building being blown up. :sideways:

Last edited:

Rawiri

That is basically the idea behind astrological talismans, such as expounded on in The Picatrix.

The talismans created in that work mostly (though not entirely) refer to the planets in the sky at that moment - not related to a person's natal chart. Although certain things may be noted.

However, the principle is basically the same. Some item is "given birth" to in the correct astrological moment, thus FIXING that energy in time and space, in the same way that it becomes (relatively) fixed in a person's natal chart.

There is no major theoretical objection the same cannot be done with opportune transits to the chart (although I personally prefer to just go straight for "purity" of a planet which normally does not coincide with particular transits to a person's natal chart)

The items "created" normally should involve materials and images that are relevant to the planet(s) or desired outcome.

passiflora

Vedic astrology also has this idea, and funnily enough I finally purchased a resonant stone just as Venus, ruler of my chart, approached conjunction with my ascendant.

Katydid, Venus and Jupiter in mutual reception and temporarily conjunct in Taurus, and the altar you created, are so reminiscent of Hindu goddess worship! (Perhaps other earth-based religions are similar in celebration and prayer.)

Putting a resonant stone on one's finger (or using a talisman somewhere on the body) is probably a lot like bottling a perfume and applying it to oneself. I want to diffuse the bottle through the air! Maybe that's what the altar does.

Rawiri, is Picatrix similar to Lal Kitab? Thanks for the mention, I have not heard of it before. Edit to say, I am looking at excerpts online. Fascinating! Really too bad my horary skills are such ****.

Last edited:

passiflora

Also how terrible for your poor ex to be so emotionally constrained by the Uranus / Saturn opposition to Moon as to need to watch buildings fall. A very useful image to us though!

Rawiri

No. I only have access to portions of Lal Kitab that I've been able to find in English...but from what I have seen it mostly provides remedies for certain positions in the natal chart.

As I presume you've found, Picatrix is a bit different...it is more "electional" and finding good times for specific effects. It doesn't concern itself (much) with the person's natal chart (although it should be considered, such as it being ill to have a talisman created which has the 8th house of the natal chart, rising at the time of the talisman creation)

Sometimes these are "pure horary" in nature (as is some portion of electional astrology)...so for example, a person might create a talisman for love when the 7th lord is in the first, with the first lord applying to it and the moon also applying (all in good dignity) without a square or opposition of Saturn or Mars to ruin it.

Other examples are lunar mansion talismans, created when the moon is in the correct mansion for some effect or decan talismans, such as engraving a picture of a woman (with a comb and apple if memory serves) on a quartz when Venus is in the first decan of Libra and rising to grant happiness to a person.

There are many of these...72 talismans just based on decans (36 using the typical western decans and then 36 using the "trines" as is used in Jyotish)...28 lunar mansions and then quite a few other ones based on Sun being in good dignity in Leo etc.

Some of these do good...and some act as curses. There's some for example, to make scorpions, snakes or flies leave a place. Good for people...but essentially a curse for the creatures. And some more gruesome things such as pickled decapitated heads, using the "oil" derived from them etc.