Is this a chart of an asexual?

Slytherin88

Can you know based on someone's chart if that person is an asexual?I'd love to know your thoughts on it. Also, could you please look at my chart?I don't know whether I'm an asexual, or maybe I'm just asocial or simply afraid of forming romantic relationships?Your help would be much appreciated. Is it fear that is blocking me (Saturn in the 8th house square Pluto in the 5th house!) or I am actually an asexual?
nc.jpg

Last edited:

sylph

I like the way you put it ("fear that is blocking me"), as that definitely seems to fit with Saturn in the 8th house. Saturn alone might cause fear of "merging." Or, it could cause you to experience disappointments in the area of sexuality.

I say all of this with great empathy and understanding, because I have experienced exactly what you are talking about. In fact, I was going to post about this last night. I have had my heart broken and destroyed by sexual stuff (to put it simply). The last heartbreak of this type that I went through caused me to shut down and believe that I was asexual. I have Saturn in the 5th square Moon in the 8th.

At this point, I don't really care so much about labeling myself. But I totally get what you are asking. I can't tell you whether or not you are asexual, but maybe what I've written can give you some more insight into the nature of your own 5th/8th square.

Last edited:

Slytherin88

@slyph
Squares/Conjunctions/Oppositions between Saturn and Moon are probably the toughest aspects. Those who have this aspect have a much harder time expressing themselves.
I hope that you'll be able to heal your wounds, and find someone who loves you, and whom you love back equally.I truly do.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

The native's 5th house ruler, Venus, is in detriment in Aries. Also, the 7th house ruler, Saturn, is not in the happiest of houses. However, the Sun (self-confidence) is very strongly placed in Aries (exalted) and in the 10th house of wanting recognition. Also, Mercury in the 10th is happy to have contact with others, mostly through the native's work place/profession.

sylph

It disgusts me the idea of being in relationship just because of sex, or even one-night-stands.I can't believe that there are people who have sex without love.It's disgusting.I really don't understand it.I'm all about fully merging with someone, not just trying to have a good time.I'd like to know your thoughts about this?
I hope that you'll be able to heal your wounds, and find someone who loves you, and whom you love back equally.I truly do.

Aw, thank you :love:

And yes, I have similar feelings. I am the same age as you, and I have always been this way (not able to understand people who are so free and detached when it comes to sex).

I still think 8th house Saturn is to blame a bit, because even if you are not afraid of merging with someone fully, Saturn can create difficulties and blocks; he can inhibit you. I know this is the case with my 5th house Saturn.

craft94

Well, do you ever feel sexual attraction? That should probably answer your question.

I have a very debilitated Venus and I'm a lot like you. I have a lot of anxiety regarding sex, and I can't do one night stands. I associate sex with love and intimacy but even if not "in love" it's impossible for me to be completely detached but that doesn't make me asexual. If you have a regular sex drive and experience sexual desires, you're not asexual. But if you don't expereince these things, you probably are. Asexuality is a sexual orientation, and sexual orientations are all about attraction, who you are attracted to.

I think there's a word for it "demisexual" meaning you're only sexually attracted to people who you have an emotional connection to. Personally, I think this is completely normal, we just live in an oversexed culture, and I think this whole "demisexuality" thing is ridiculous but it may help you to identify with it.

thelivingsky

Can you know based on someone's chart if that person is an asexual?I'd love to know your thoughts on it. Also, could you please look at my chart?I don't know whether I'm an asexual, or maybe I'm just asocial or simply afraid of forming romantic relationships?Your help would be much appreciated. Is it fear that is blocking me (Saturn in the 8th house square Pluto in the 5th house!) or I am actually an asexual?
View attachment 65076

Slytherin,

You are correct that the square from H5 to H8 is a big part of your issue. Recently there was an article on the site of astro.com about how Saturn creates "struggles" in the case of Saturn/Moon aspects it denotes the struggle to connect.The article is probably still available _ I think the title was something about late-bloomers" since often where Saturn is in the chart often the person eventually becomes quite good at the very thing that was a struggle early in life.

But I also see you have no personal planets in Earth signs. This can lessen the connection to the body and then sex is less important for its own sake. I have three women friends (all older - in their 50's) who have lost all interest in sex- it's just not important to them and they all have charts with no Earth planets.

Your Moon in Libra in H5 suggests what you need to feel attracted or romantic and that implies friendship and lightness and refinement. But the Pluto in H5 suggest the desire for a deep connection to feel "turned-on."

Mars has much to do with the libido and your is in Pisces which denotes a sensitive and gentler expression of Mars.

So there are multiple influence contributing to your attitudes about sex. I wouldn't assume you are asexual, not just yet.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

sexual attraction(venus) is debiliated. sex drive( mars) is too week/feminine, orgazm(pluto) is badly affected by saturm, plus emotions(moon) are blocked. Of course this is chart of asexual. Do not confuse sex with love and relationships. They are absolutly different things. if someone needs full devotion and deep emotional connections for sex it still does not mean that sex and love are not different things.

craft94

sexual attraction(venus) is debiliated. sex drive( mars) is too week/feminine, orgazm(pluto) is badly affected by saturm, plus emotions(moon) are blocked. Of course this is chart of asexual. Do not confuse sex with love and relationships. They are absolutly different things. if someone needs full devotion and deep emotional connections for sex it still does not mean that sex and love are not different things.
Love and sex are two different things yes, but they do often intersect

Asexual people can still fall in love and form romantic relationships, but if a person can only experience sexual attraction and fulfillment in the context of a loving relationship, there is still sexual attraction and therefore its not asexuality.

do not agree with craft94. my friend and his wife love each other with true love, though she struggles with frigidity. she understands that husband needs sex and tries to give him sexual pleasure, but husband understands that she does not like it and never requests it from her, because he loves her and does not want her to sacrifice. so if you love someone and feel romantic about him it still is not equal to sexual attraction. Do not confuse sex with anything. sex is possible without love and love is possible without sex. I agree its very good when these to are together, its ideal and these is what I wish to all, but if someone feels frigidity, its better to tell that love and romance are still possible without sex, rather then to tell that sex and love are inseparable and thus make her feel guilty that she does not fill confident in that area of relationship. Believe me its possible to fall in love and be in love whole life and have romantic life without sex, without pushing yourself to like what you do not like. I understand boys love sex and its difficult to find a boy who would merry on a frigid but difficult does not mean impossible. its better to wait for your right and true chance rather then push yourself to like sex and assure yourself that you like it. happiness means when tbings happen in compliance to our deepest desires and emotions. happiness is not a compromise. so do not make compromises. be free and wait for your true love. may be you will meet a boy who does not need more sex then you feel comfortable to give. there are 3 bln boys in the world.. you always have chances to find the one that matches you emotionally and phisically both.

PinklySM

There is a conflict since childhood in the relations and the forms of love or love yourself.
I think perhaps you're young. In my case I'm not let me relate sex with love and everything comes from my childhood, family relationships and father relationship.
I'm Saturn in 8th House Square Sun and opposite Mars(1st). Mars square Sun(5th) and Sun square Nodes(2-8).
8th house is in Aries.

In your case the Moon opposition Sun and the Regent of House 5 in bad aspects with Uranus and Neptune.
Neptune rules Mars!
8th House regent is in bad aspects to Venus & Sun!
Saturn in 8th House square Pluto in 5th House.
Chiron square Sun & Moon too!

I do not think it's okay to define yourself. Now maybe, right now, you may not be ready but who knows. Tomorrow you might want to have that kind of intimacy. We live changing, we are not what we were yesterday and we are never going to be what we are going to be tomorrow!
Beyond all aspect and belief, you are what you want and you can be whatever you want. To be or not to be asexual What matters? You are yours and you have preferences, do not make sense of everything and accept what you are without seeking explanations.

Sorry for my English �� ��

craft94

do not agree with craft94. my friend and his wife love each other with true love, though she struggles with frigidity. she understands that husband needs sex and tries to give him sexual pleasure, but husband understands that she does not like it and never requests it from her, because he loves her and does not want her to sacrifice. so if you love someone and feel romantic about him it still is not equal to sexual attraction. Do not confuse sex with anything. sex is possible without love and love is possible without sex. I agree its very good when these to are together, its ideal and these is what I wish to all, but if someone feels frigidity, its better to tell that love and romance are still possible without sex, rather then to tell that sex and love are inseparable and thus make her feel guilty that she does not fill confident in that area of relationship. Believe me its possible to fall in love and be in love whole life and have romantic life without sex, without pushing yourself to like what you do not like. I understand boys love sex and its difficult to find a boy who would merry on a frigid but difficult does not mean impossible. its better to wait for your right and true chance rather then push yourself to like sex and assure yourself that you like it. happiness means when tbings happen in compliance to our deepest desires and emotions. happiness is not a compromise. so do not make compromises. be free and wait for your true love. may be you will meet a boy who does not need more sex then you feel comfortable to give. there are 3 bln boys in the world.. you always have chances to find the one that matches you emotionally and phisically both.
What is it you don't agree with?
Love is possible without sex, yes. Some people don't like sex at all but still like romance. I said this, but there are others who ONLY feel sexual attraction in the context of a romantic relationship. They like sex, just not with people who they have no emotional attachment to. It sounds like OP could be either one of these.
OP said she "can't believe there are people who have sex without love." So the question, in my mind, is not an astrological one but a question of whether she wants to have sex with the people she loves or doesn't want sex at all.

[stick to astrology - leave the pure psychological examinations for chat - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

craft94

On another more astrological note, every asexual person I know has a strong Pisces component in their chart (Mars, Venus or Sun). Pisces isn't the most physically-orientated sign, I guess, but of course there are also a lot of Piscean types who love sex.

Slytherin88

I edited out the part that had nothing to do with astrology. What I asked was whether was astrological possible to determine if someone is asexual and if I was an asexual according to my chart, or simply there are aspects that inhibit my sexuality.Although, it is not possible to the discuss this, without discussing what asexuality is in the first place.Asexuality is not the lack of sexual drive, but lack of sexual attraction. Thank you for your replies. I think I understand this a lot more.

@thelivingsky - Yeah, the lack of personal planets in Earth signs ,but also Mars in Pisces, plus Pluto in the 5th house, means that I am most likely to engage in sexual relations for emotional reasons then physical reasons.And, I'd like to ask what you mean "not just yet".And thank you for your reply.Much appreciated.

@That night - Thank you for your reply.Although, aren't the inhibitions of Saturn gradually removed after the first Saturn return? And also, I don't understand what you mean with "emotions(moon) are blocked"?

@craft94 - From what I know asexuality is lack of sexual attraction, not sexual drive.I do have sexual needs, but I'm not attracted to anyone. That's want got me worried in the first place.

@PinklySM - I will turn 25 this April. I don't if you consider this young...What I know is that Saturn in the 8th house blocks the sexuality of someone, but it could also mean someone who takes sex very seriously. I think that having Pluto in the 5th house means someone who doesn't take sex light-heartily; it's almost like having a Scorpio 5th house. It's either no sex at all or fully merging with someone. Also, I agree with you when you say that "we live changing".Maybe, after age of 30(Saturn return!) I'll understand my sexuality a lot better. Thank you for your reply.

hi slytherin. moon is responsible for our emotional security, our vision of the world. when moon is affected by saturn, we feel this world as a bit cold place, we feel like the world lives by its life and we live by our. we prefer to keep some distance from it. this makes us serious even on emotional level. usually moon is suposed to be free in expression, it should be childly free. but when saturn aspects moon this freedom is taken. I will tell you one analogy example: lets admit you were born a singer, but suddenly appared saturn and told you "well, you can be a singer, but with one condition, No one should here you singing!". Are you still a singer? well, for yourself you are! but for the world you are not, as no one hears you! may be and i believe you have deep emotions, but you will never express them as someone with better .oon will do.

when i say blocked emotions i do not mean that you do not have them at all. I mean you do not feel free to express them naturally. why asexual? have you ever met a person who is aroused by coldness? why we use "hot" to denote sexy stuff? sexuality and coldness are opposite. again, i did never say you do not have emotions. i say saturn blocks free expression of them and makes you serious and cold.

you mentioned we do not understand anything about sexuality. but think about one thing. you think asexual is when others do not see you sexual, but you still can be a passionate person. just others do not see it. this is mistake. asexual means when you radiate nothing to be attracted to. which is result of saturnian block. a passionate person can not be asexual. frozen or burried emotions can not radiate or be passionate. you have them but you cover them with iron, thus preventing them to radiate, to be feeled. for the world you do not have emotions. what you have for yourself does not metter to the world.