Where are my art supplies?

Cypocryphy

This is a question I asked last week. I cast a chart, and if it had not been for this chart, I would not have found my lost items when I needed to. I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient this was. So, I thought it would be interesting to see if others would see the same.

The chart is attached. Where were my lost graphite/charcoal pencils?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_19_where_are_my_graphite_pencils_hr.14724.35413.jpg
    astro_2gw_19_where_are_my_graphite_pencils_hr.14724.35413.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 20

Harold

The ascendant and the 2nd house cusp are in Scorpio and so ruled by Mars. Charcoal is produced by fire and Partridge gives charcoal burning places to Mars, so let us give the pencils to Mars and you to the Moon.

The Moon is in Pisces, rules by Jupiter and the Moon is comfortable in Jupiter ruled signs. Mars, on the other hand, is in Cancer, disposed by the Moon, where it has mixed dignity. One way to think of mixed dignity is that it is in the wrong place for the right reasons. Perhaps you were using them somewhere and then you left them there...?

Mars is in the 9th, a cadent house, and so they are not around your house or close to you. Cancer signifies beaches, river or lake sides, marshy places, bars, and restaurants.

The Moon applied to Mars in 4 degrees so I would guess you had your hands on them in four days after asking the question.

Cypocryphy

Hey Harold,

The ascendant and the 2nd house cusp are in Scorpio and so ruled by Mars. Charcoal is produced by fire and Partridge gives charcoal burning places to Mars, so let us give the pencils to Mars and you to the Moon.

Hey! That's pretty good. It did not occur to me that my charcoal pencils (burnt) are the product of a Mars. I used the Moon as my significator too, and I used Saturn as my co-significator, though neither played a large role in my finding my lost goods.

The Moon is in Pisces, rules by Jupiter and the Moon is comfortable in Jupiter ruled signs. Mars, on the other hand, is in Cancer, disposed by the Moon, where it has mixed dignity. One way to think of mixed dignity is that it is in the wrong place for the right reasons. Perhaps you were using them somewhere and then you left them there...?

Yeah! That's right. I was using them and left them there, more or less. (You'll see what I mean by "more or less" in a moment.)

Mars is in the 9th, a cadent house, and so they are not around your house or close to you. Cancer signifies beaches, river or lake sides, marshy places, bars, and restaurants.

I can see that, but that's not how I interpreted this situation.

The Moon applied to Mars in 4 degrees so I would guess you had your hands on them in four days after asking the question.

I looked for them for about an hour or so, convinced that my brother had taken them. And then I had that moment, out of desperation, to cast a horary chart. I rarely ever do so for a lost item because (1) I rarely lose things, and (2) when I do, it's either my car keys or my wallet, and all I have to do is look through the clothes I had been wearing over the last couple days. 99.9 percent of the time, I find them there.

Anyway, my interpretation of the chart was quite simple, and after casting the chart, I found my lost items in under a minute.

Using Mars as the significator of my lost items (as you did), I noticed that it was in the sign of Cancer. Immediately I thought that the items had not been taken by my brother but were in my home, hence "Cancer" and its affiliation with home life and the fourth house by natural sign. But I also thought "water" as you did, so I began my search in the bathrooms. But this really did not make any sense to me because there was no reason for their being in a bathroom. And after a really fast search, that became obvious. But Mars was in the Southwest area of the chart, so I took my compass out, just to make sure, and walked in a southwest direction, which led me to my bedroom, which is the most southwest one can go in my home. Then, noticing that Mars was in Cancer, and Cancer is intercepted in the 9th house, I knew that it must be in between something. I then looked around my desk, and between the wall and the back of my desk were was my charcoal/graphite drawing utensils. They had fallen behind the desk, thus were in between the wall and my desk. It made me realize I should using this technique more often.

That was quite straightforward and leads toward my believe that the reading of charts, in general, is very much intuitive. And judging by your posts and your mentioning of "Guardian angels" or "Daemons" (if I remember correctly), leads me to assume that you believe the same.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I was really excited about this one.

Harold

Yes, it is exciting when a horary chart describes exactly what is going on. It can be quite scary too when you realise - I mean really realise - that you have opened a portal into another way of looking at the world which really does exist and which is not just an intellectual exercise.

Yes, you are right about Cancer being the sign of the home. I thought about that a while, but as Mars is in mixed dignity in Cancer, ("the wrong place for the right reasons,") and it was in the 9th house which is cadent and so "not close by", I set aside the "in the home" interpretation for Cancer.

I thought about the compass direction too, but unless there are some other details to go on I find that can be just misleading.

Answering a horary question should be a dialogue between the astrologer and the querent so that the symbolism of the chart takes on a meaning both for the astrologer and the querent. That is when horary is at its best. On a forum like this, it is often difficult to get that dialogue going and so the answers to the horary questions can fall short. But I decided to have a crack at it anyway. While we should take horary seriously, that does not mean we should get too serious about horary, it should be fun! :smile:

Cypocryphy

Yes, it is exciting when a horary chart describes exactly what is going on. It can be quite scary too when you realise - I mean really realise - that you have opened a portal into another way of looking at the world which really does exist and which is not just an intellectual exercise.

Yes! Absolutely. I see it the same way.

Yes, you are right about Cancer being the sign of the home. I thought about that a while, but as Mars is in mixed dignity in Cancer, ("the wrong place for the right reasons,") and it was in the 9th house which is cadent and so "not close by", I set aside the "in the home" interpretation for Cancer.

I believe this is where intuition comes in. Sometimes, the charts will not be perfect, and to choose the correct interpretation out of contradictory messages requires an attunement to one's spirit. That is my belief, anyway. A cadent house can also indicate that it is hidden from view, which the items were.

I thought about the compass direction too, but unless there are some other details to go on I find that can be just misleading.

Yeah. I already had the idea that my brother either took it or that it was somewhere in the house, so I had the advantage of knowing my situation. Either way, it couldn't be that far away (brother lives a mile away). So when I saw that Cancer encompassed Mars and in the ninth house, I decided that it can't be that far away, so the other meanings associated with the 9th must be pertinent.

Answering a horary question should be a dialogue between the astrologer and the querent so that the symbolism of the chart takes on a meaning both for the astrologer and the querent. That is when horary is at its best. On a forum like this, it is often difficult to get that dialogue going and so the answers to the horary questions can fall short. But I decided to have a crack at it anyway. While we should take horary seriously, that does not mean we should get too serious about horary, it should be fun! :smile:

Yeah. Well, I am glad that you did, and I think you point is a good one, that there needs to be a dialogue between the querent and the astrologer. It can be a hit and miss, but sometimes it works out really well. I think the best way to approach anything is with enthusiasm and joy. That's when really magic can happen. :smile:

Thanks for sharing your input, Harold. I agree with you 100 percent.

Last edited:

*emma*

Banned
Were they taken by a fellow student?/colleague? Or left in a class/work area? 11th house 6th and 9th house seem to stand out.

Cypocryphy

Were they taken by a fellow student?/colleague? Or left in a class/work area? 11th house 6th and 9th house seem to stand out.

Hey Emma.

No. They were in my bedroom, between the wall and my desk. They had fallen behind it. I am glad I found them. :smile: