AC conjunct Royal Star Regulus

SagiCap

I saw a chart where the ASC was exactly conjunct the Royal Star Regulus. The Querent's AC of course was so late at 29 degrees Leo and therefore a consideration before judgement.

What does that mean when the person's AC is right on a very royal star? I know Napoleon Bonaparte was born with his Sun conjunct Regulus in his Leo Midheaven, so for NB, this would bring connections, notoriety, fame or kingship, etc,...

What would it mean for a querent in a love question perhaps?

Last edited:

dr. farr

The ascending degree conjunct or parallel a star colors the entire chart with that star (or stars) influence(s). Whenever you find a horoscopic point (includes planets) in longitudinal conjunction with a star, also see if there is a parallel of declination with another star: if so, the influnce of one star modifies the influence of the other (the brighter magnitude star tends to be most influential) Sometimes, if 2 stars are connected (one by longitude and one by declination) they can entirely cancel out each other, if their qualities(essential natures) are diametrically opposite.

Regulus (enters the sign Virgo in 2012 after 2160 years in Leo) is much like the "Sun behind the Sun" (it is the only 1st magnitude star at the latitude of our Sun) and so, to a significant degree, can be interpreted as if it were the Sun (so Sun conjunct ascendant); however, it also have very martial qualities (the great war eclipse of August 1914 fell almost exactly on Regulus) The Robson book, will be the best source for information; constellationsofwords.com will be a convenient internet source.
Don't forget to find the declination of the ascending degree and then (using the constellationsofwords star list of declinations) find any major star within 1 degree of parallel with that declination. You would contrast the influences of that star with the star in longitudinal conjunction with the ascending degree (in the Fixed Stars section here on AW I have posted a list of major star declinations entitled "Declinations of several stars along the Solar Path")

theV

The ascending degree conjunct or parallel a star colors the entire chart with that star (or stars) influence(s). Whenever you find a horoscopic point (includes planets) in longitudinal conjunction with a star, also see if there is a parallel of declination with another star: if so, the influnce of one star modifies the influence of the other (the brighter magnitude star tends to be most influential) Sometimes, if 2 stars are connected (one by longitude and one by declination) they can entirely cancel out each other, if their qualities(essential natures) are diametrically opposite.

Regulus (enters the sign Virgo in 2012 after 2160 years in Leo) is much like the "Sun behind the Sun" (it is the only 1st magnitude star at the latitude of our Sun) and so, to a significant degree, can be interpreted as if it were the Sun (so Sun conjunct ascendant); however, it also have very martial qualities (the great war eclipse of August 1914 fell almost exactly on Regulus) The Robson book, will be the best source for information; constellationsofwords.com will be a convenient internet source.
Don't forget to find the declination of the ascending degree and then (using the constellationsofwords star list of declinations) find any major star within 1 degree of parallel with that declination. You would contrast the influences of that star with the star in longitudinal conjunction with the ascending degree (in the Fixed Stars section here on AW I have posted a list of major star declinations entitled "Declinations of several stars along the Solar Path")

so 1 degree orb is the maximum orb for parallel?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What's the maximum parallel/orb given to fixed star?
one degree :smile:

btw, remember that although Royal Star Regulus 'is in Tropical Virgo'

IF anyone personally views the night skies at their location, it becomes obvious that Royal Star Regulus is clearly visible in early Sidereal Leo

and

Royal Star Regulus shall remain in Sidereal Leo for approximately the next one thousand seven hundred and twenty eight years

Stellarium a visual astrology program is free online - also Bernadette Brady explains:

VISUAL ASTROLOGY LECTURE

PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cao-fyS3Ao

PART 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc7-sUt5d9w

PART 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qbi5djL1ZY

dr. farr

so 1 degree orb is the maximum orb for parallel?

I follow other authorities and have found the following orbs to worrk very well in my (extensive) use of stars in delineation:

Magnitude 1 stars: 2 degrees of declination
Magnitude 2 or 3 stars: 1 degree 30 minutes of declination
Magnitude 4 or more stars; nebulae: 1 degree of declination

Regarding parallel of latitude, which I rarely use, a 1 degree orb I would consider as maximum.

scorpika

I saw a chart where the ASC was exactly conjunct the Royal Star Regulus. The Querent's AC of course was so late at 29 degrees Leo and therefore a consideration before judgement.

What does that mean when the person's AC is right on a very royal star? I know Napoleon Bonaparte was born with his Sun conjunct Regulus in his Leo Midheaven, so for NB, this would bring connections, notoriety, fame or kingship, etc,...

What would it mean for a querent in a love question perhaps?

I recently cast a query and the ASC was too late but conjunct Regulus.

Does the consideration before judgement invalidate the chart even in the presence of the tight conjunction with Regulus?

The house position where the Sun ruling my ASC is located clearly describes my present situation/state of mind.

In addition the Moon was a 0° Virgo, thus in an out-of-sign conjunction with both the ASC and Regulus. I wonder if that has particular significance, too.

Also, it is said that when the ASC is at 29°, it is too late to answer the question. Does this imply that the querent already knows the answer in her heart or that the query is moot, i.e. nothing will come of it, and the answer is in fact a big fat NO?

I apologize for the pedestrian questions but I'm still a newbie. :)

Thanks for bearing with me.

dr. farr

The pioneers of Horary (both Vedic and Western), prior to the time of Bonatti, were not bothered in the least by too early or too late, ascendants-they would have answered "no" to your question about the chart being invalidated: and so would I!

(only I get skittish about the likely reliability of a horary if the degree rising is under 1 or much-ie many minutes-over 29)