Career advice based on my natal chart

Syanne

Hello guys (and girls),

I am just finishing my bachelor in linguistics and cannot decide on my masters. There are many fields that interest me besides linguistics, e. g. I love sports and have a personal trainer's licence (I am also a long distance runner); I am also a poet, I love to garden, I love to do all kinds of stuff (from making my own furniture to solving math problems, especially those in fields of logic). And I am completely at a loss - there is not one thing that I'd really want to do, on the other hand there are many that I'd be willing to do. There are just three things I wouldn't consider getting my masters in: 1. anything connected to medicine (I pass out at the sight of blood and needles), 2. anything connected with small children (under the age of 10 or so, because I have no patience and I just cannot cope with them) and 3. anything connected to psychology (although I don't have a problem to detach myself from other's problems, I'd feel really incompetent if I cannot help someone - I'd take it as my personal failure).

I'd be really really grateful if you take some of your time and just look at my chart and suggest a field or a vocation I should consider. With Chrion in 10th house this is probably the most difficult decision for me to make and I will be immensly thankful for your thoughts and ideas.

Best wishes,
Syanne

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.84275.2121.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.84275.2121.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 27

Etchasketch

I'm not sure where you live Syanne, but perhaps working with others to create a seed bank might appeal to you? I originally thought of a contemporary, organic, healthy lifestyle profession where you could educate others with your endless supply of info tidbits regarding such things, but I'm not sure whether that satisfies your physical activity level. I know some governments around the world have been creating seed banks in case of natural disasters in addition to global climate change, but there are many places in the world that aren't doing this and well, we need diversity in our food just as much as we need diversity in people :). Anyway, just my 2 cents worth.

Aragon

Yes, languages & cooperation & mediation. Seeds/ nurturing may be good, I would check where is your Ceres. You react by talking. Be careful about not swimming all the time in a lot of useless information you would get lost.

Your deep intensity (& emotions) may be your best friend (or worst enemy); the choice is yours: Chiron in 10th shows something important to solve with your mother (who hasn’t?). And in your life be sure you will take care and be responsible for your parents and for your unusual home environment/style.

Syanne, you wrote: "... I'd feel really incompetent if I cannot help someone - I'd take it as my personal failure). I feel It is your life’s key statement!

By a quick few min analysis, I would say this is a birth chart of a potentially very good social worker!! Poor, homeless, emigrants, criminals, ... it would give you joy to bring some beauty in their life. At a first look it seems it would bring all together. :surprised:

may your life be full of light,

Aragon
PS
If you are serious about that, get a full vocation reading by a professional (human not software)

Syanne

Thank you both. :) Frankly, I can't really see myself as a social worker. Although I said that I'd feel like a failure when not being able to help others (if I was a psychologist), this doesn't actually apply to my helping, it applies to my doing whatever I am doing. I don't know why, but I am a perfectionist. And as a social worker I wouldn't really care about the people, just about putting there somewhere so I am done with them. I'm not a nurturer at all. I'm rather harsh towards people.

Ad seed bank: it's an idea worth exploring, although where I come from (I actually live in two countries, right on the border - Austria and Slovenia) this is already well organised.

I believe I am much more ambitious: I'd like to get a PhD, do some research etc. And I feel competent doing that in most fields, I just have trouble deciding the one that would really fulfil my life (I regard my career as the centre of my life, since I decided that I won't even consider having a family).

Recently, I've been trying to explain those two Yods I have: Pluto-Sun-Neptune and Mars-Uranus-Mercury. Does anyone know anything about that? I heard that it's rare to have one yod, let alone having two ... It might mean I have two paths in life I should persue. However, they don't make any sense to me.
Help, please?

Etchasketch

If you do decide to do research, it's going to have to be outside a lab/office setting. You have a lot of physical energy and a love of movement that does not bode well for indoor settings. Cultural Anthropology/Archaeology jumped into my head a moment ago. Both should get you out and about more than say being a genetics researcher. Being into seeds/gardening, what do you think about ecological/sustainability fields regarding food production? http://www.verticalfarm.com/ is a site that might inspire you.

Aragon

I agree with Etchasketch, no close environment for too long. Nothing wrong with high education, teaching,… in your case.

As you are strong in languages, why not to carry on with that? Anything you will end up doing will have to do with communication & social.

But, may I humbly suggest that work alone will not fulfill you unless… focuses on home and domestic matters, no matter how unusual will be in your case?
Aragon

Aragon

[FONT=&quot]…Oh, yes you asked about the yod.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]About the Yods I would go this way:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mercury sextile –talent- Mars gives mental energy and a sharp intellect. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Their midpoint -where they meet- is in cancer -I take care- X house -as a job-. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Uranus -change, impatience,…- is in IV house -domestic- and is opposite -you need to find a balance- to this midpoint. By the way Uranus is also near to your IC.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So you write “…And as a social worker I wouldn't really care about the people, just about putting them somewhere so I am done with them…”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Astrologers, who uses the yod, say that is one of the aspects which requires more effort to overcome, but is a must. It is about healing wounds. So how about caring about people?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can do the same with your other Yod.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Aragon
[/FONT]