Anyone whose Sun, Moon or ASC Sign responds to parents Sun, Moon, ASC/any planet?

cocoloco

My mom's chart:
mom-1.gif

Mine:
chart.gif

I think it is so interesting how my mother and I had so many of the same planets. Thought it would be interesting to share. :wink:

JUPITERASC

I think it is so interesting how my mother and I had so many of the same planets. Thought it would be interesting to share. :wink:
That's more than 'interesting' cocoloco - that's simply extraordinary timing by the stars! :smile:

Those two Sun locations are SO close! Ignore the DATE because that is simply a calendar construct...

just focus on the degree of the Sun for you and your mother cocoloco - only 10' 15” of arc difference!

28 Pisces 25' 6”
28 Pisces 35' 21”

Many thanks for posting!

cocoloco

That's more than 'interesting' cocoloco - that's simply extraordinary timing by the stars! :smile:

Those two Sun locations are SO close! Ignore the DATE because that is simply a calendar construct...

just focus on the degree of the Sun for you and your mother cocoloco - only 10' 15” of arc difference!

28 Pisces 25' 6”
28 Pisces 35' 21”

Many thanks for posting!

No problem. Do you know if there is any significance for my Sun and her Sun being so close to each other?

Here is my sister's chart. She is very different from me personality wise. She is a tomboy. She is also very outgoing almost to the point of being abrasive which agitate me. Lol, she is the type that could walk into a stranger's house and open the fridge. We used to bump head a lot.

ElaineSister.gif

JUPITERASC

No problem. Do you know if there is any significance for my Sun and her Sun being so close to each other?
One significant aspect is that you were born within hours of your mom's Solar Return for that year! In fact both your Solar Returns would then occur at closely similar times which means the planets would all be in similar if not the exact same degrees each year - EXCEPT the ASC/DESC/IC/MC angles would vary of course
Here is my sister's chart. She is very different from me personality wise. She is a tomboy. She is also very outgoing almost to the point of being abrasive which agitate me. Lol, she is the type that could walk into a stranger's house and open the fridge. We used to bump head a lot.
Your MC is Elaine's DESC so your IC is Elaine's ASC :smile:

cocoloco

One significant aspect is that you were born within hours of your mom's Solar Return for that year! In fact both your Solar Returns would then occur at closely similar times which means the planets would all be in similar if not the exact same degrees each year - EXCEPT the ASC/DESC/IC/MC angles would vary of course

Your MC is Elaine's DESC so your IC is Elaine's ASC :smile:

Wow, that is interesting! I was actually born 4-5 weeks early. It is crazy how I chose that time to be born instead of wait lol. :happy:
I took a look at my sister's and my chart in the relationship part on astrodienst and I noticed we had mostly square and opposition. That probably explained why we don't get along much. I love her to pieces but she has the ability to annoy me like no others. :happy:

JUPITERASC

Wow, that is interesting! I was actually born 4-5 weeks early. It is crazy how I chose that time to be born instead of wait lol. :happy:
I took a look at my sister's and my chart in the relationship part on astrodienst and I noticed we had mostly square and opposition. That probably explained why we don't get along much. I love her to pieces but she has the ability to annoy me like no others. :happy:
Your mom and your sister have Saturn in the same sign separated by only four degrees :smile:

so your sister was born the same year your mom had her Saturn Return

CafeMercury

e.g.

(1) Your Moon is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon, ASC/DESC/MC/IC/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter or Saturn

My mother is a Capricorn sun, moon, and Saturn. I am a Capricorn moon. Her Saturn is conjunct my moon. Not comfortable at all, for either of us. My middle brother is a Cancer sun; my mother is a Cancer ascendant and my father was a Cancer moon. In my own family, both of my children are Virgo moons and I am a Virgo sun. In my husband's family, he is a Pisces moon and his mother and our daughter are both Pisces suns. My FIL's Pisces Saturn also sits on my husband's moon.

(2) Your Sun is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon ASC/DESC/MC/IC/
Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn

Mine isn't, but my husband and son are both Aries suns. My father was born August 23, but by birth time and location was a Leo (August 23 is one of the most tricksy birthdays astrologically, it seems). He had Venus and Mercury conjunct in Virgo. I am a Virgo sun, born August 27, and have Venus and Merc in loose conjunction in Leo. I always thought that was interesting. My oldest brother is a Virgo moon.

(3) Your Ascendant is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon ASC/DESC/MC/IC
/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn

Hahahaha, yes. My dad and I were both Leo rising. My son is also Leo rising. They are all placed no more than two degrees apart from each other. (I laughed because my son was a preemie and my mother had everything but the time keyed in to the computer when the date was determined -- I had severe preeclampsia and he was delivered by emergency c-section. When she did the chart and told me he was a 10 deg. Leo rising to my eight, I cracked up, and that laughter was much appreciated!)

Basically - is one of more of your ASC/DESC/IC/MC/Moon/Sun/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's ASC/DESC/MC/IC/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn signs? :smile:

Just a tad, especially with me. My two older brothers brought completely different signs to the astrological gene pool. I am the most tied, astrologically, to our parents -- and, paradoxically, was always the most rebellious. One interesting thing about the three of us, at least to me: my eldest brother has no water in his chart. My middle brother has no earth. I have no air. I wonder if Mom and Dad had had a fourth, s/he would have had no fire? :wink: We all have Venus and Mercury conjunct -- in different signs, but nonetheless we share that aspect with our father, who also had it. (An interesting tidbit: I am 13 and 11 years younger than my brothers.)

... and after I read through this I got the impression that JUPITERASC is interested in gathering info about this subject, so I have more to add regarding my kids, in-laws, nieces and nephews (I promise not to write War and Peace, lol).

Taurus: My oldest brother, by all appearances, introduced Taurus to our DNA. It does not exist in either of our parents' charts nor, as far as I can tell, does it go farther back (but one starts to run into difficulties with birth time and such then, so it's hard to tell). My bro is a Taurus sun/ascendant. There are six bio. grandchildren (two more adopted) on my side of the family. One nephew and my daughter are both Taurus rising (and they're 19 years apart; he's the oldest grandchild, she's the youngest). A niece (who is also my godchild) has her moon in Taurus. My son has Venus and Mercury conjunct in Taurus.

Scorpio: My kids' generation brought Scorpio to the family. Two of my nieces are Scorpio suns (in fact, the one with the Taurus moon is also a Scorp sun, and they oppose each other). My daughter has Mars in Scorpio (and can you ever tell; that is NOT a criticism). All three girls, despite having three different sets of parents and quite an age spread, are very much alike temperamentally. The eldest niece also picked up that Capricorn moon from my mother.

Aquarius: My middle brother is an Aquarius moon. My nephew -- son of my other brother -- is an Aquarius sun AND moon.

We're a Fixed lot, aren't we?

My husband's side:

MIL, Pisces sun/Sag moon. (I don't know her birth time, so I have to do a 12 noon chart for her. I don't dare ask; it wouldn't be prudent.) Her own mother was also a Pisces sun; one of my husband's cousins shares his grandmother's birthday. My MIL has Venus in Aries, as do my husband and daughter. She also shares a Saturn in Aries placement with my son and a Jupiter in Aries placement with my daughter. Hmm. Three of her six grandchildren are Pisces suns (my daughter, one niece, and one nephew). Two are Aries suns (my son and another nephew). No Sag there that I know of, but again I can't ask that side of the family what their birth times are and why I want them.

FIL, Scorpio sun/Capricorn moon. One Scorpio granddaughter. His Pisces Saturn sits on my husband's moon. He has absolutely nothing in common with either of my children astrologically, unless his unknown ascendant would change that. He and I have a lot of conjunctions and/or oppositions (including Saturn), which I find interesting since I married into the family.

Again here, my husband is the youngest and the one with the strongest astrological ties (in his case, to his mother). His sister is a Cancer sun and his brother's an Aquarius sun; I don't know the rest of their astrology but I know there's a pattern of detachment in that family and I wonder if I did everyone's chart (even with a 12 noon) if I'd find Venus in Aries or a lot of Sag moons. Since it's supposed to rain all day I know what I'll likely be doing if I get bored.

Last edited:

Arena

Decided to share with you pictures of my chart compared to my mom's and dad's respectively. I made it so that in both cases my planets are the red ones, their planets are blue... but please do ignore any axis of ASC/DSC or MC/IC as I do not have a clue when they were born other than the day ... so also the Moon in the charts can be many degrees off.

It is interesting anyway.

Attachments

• Arena red, Mother blue.jpg
    Arena red, Mother blue.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Arena red, dad blue.jpg
    Arena red, dad blue.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

junoisuppose

My sun, moon & ascendant don't match any of their planets.

BUT something I learnt the other day.

My mum is libra & my MC is in the second decan of gemini, which is libra.

My dad is aries & my IC is in the second decan of sagittarius, which is aries.

My mercury, ruling planet of my MC, is in the duad of libra (in leo).

My sun is in the duad of gemini & my dad's sun is in the third house.

My moon is in the duad of cancer & my mum's sun is in the 4th house.

I think it means my time of birth was fated.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

I have already done a great deal of this kind of work, using duads as well as signs.
I have found a very close correlation between the Moon of the child and the Ascendant-Descendant of one of the parents, or their duads or, more rarely, vice versa; as well as the Sun to the MC or IC.

In natural births the correlations are marked and often accurate to the degree.
http://aliceportman.com/category/genetic-astrology/

I have designated my findings under the 'genetic astrology' title.

The close correlations aren't there with medically assisted births, though emergency C-sections and some inductions will give some correlations.

There are also very close correlations with planet-sign-house in natural births. Even more fascinating are the exact degree correlations between the zodiac sign of one member of the family and the equivalent house degree of another member.

Some of this work has been published in the Federation of Australian Astrologers magazine with very good feedback and I plan the present some more shortly.

Alice

Flapjacks

I have already done a great deal of this kind of work, using duads as well as signs.
I have found a very close correlation between the Moon of the child and the Ascendant-Descendant of one of the parents, or their duads or, more rarely, vice versa; as well as the Sun to the MC or IC.

In natural births the correlations are marked and often accurate to the degree.
http://aliceportman.com/category/genetic-astrology/

I have designated my findings under the 'genetic astrology' title.

The close correlations aren't there with medically assisted births, though emergency C-sections and some inductions will give some correlations.

There are also very close correlations with planet-sign-house in natural births. Even more fascinating are the exact degree correlations between the zodiac sign of one member of the family and the equivalent house degree of another member.

Some of this work has been published in the Federation of Australian Astrologers magazine with very good feedback and I plan the present some more shortly.

Alice

Please do.

This is an interesting topic but claiming one has their Sun/Moon/Venus in whatever sign and then looking for whatever that sign might be doing in another person's chart isn't really revealing anything, because everyone has that sign doing something in their chart...

Ambersole11

Yes...definitely can see the connection with my father in my chart which is interesting because I wasn't even raised around him. But I know we both have a karmic/past life connection. I'm a beginner with astrology but my moon is in cancer with Scorpio in the 4th house and my dad is a Scorpio. I know that the moon naturally rules the 4th and the 4th house is usually where you find the father (some say mother but I definitely think its the father in my chart.)

Edit: not to mention my cancer moon in th 12th which I know speaks about karmic ties and secrets which ties into the 4 th house of ancestry etc. unless I'm wrong- please let me know.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Yes...definitely can see the connection with my father in my chart
which is interesting because I wasn't even raised around him.
But I know we both have a karmic/past life connection.
I'm a beginner with astrology but my moon is in cancer
with Scorpio in the 4th house
and my dad is a Scorpio.
I know that the moon naturally rules the 4th
and the 4th house is usually where you find the father
(some say mother but I definitely think its the father in my chart.)

Edit: not to mention my cancer moon in th 12th
which I know speaks about karmic ties and secrets
which ties into the 4 th house of ancestry etc.
unless I'm wrong- please let me know.
Traditionally 10th is the house of the mother :smile:

Main Rulerships of 12th house include matters that are hidden
restrained
secret
incapable of action or of being fully understood.
Traditionally, 12th is a wholly unfortunate house
associated with sad events
sorrow
anguish of mind
tribulation
captivity
imprisonment
persecution
hard labour
all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
12th represents places that are denied access to public view
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style
such as institutions or prisons.
Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house as places of isolation,
but otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house which represents religious concerns.
12th has rulership over scandals generally
personal fears and skeletons in the family closet.
12th's significations include secret, unknown enemies,
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours
or inform secretly against them:
traitors, spies;
weakness, infirmity
and bondage.
12th can signify the mother's kin (3rd from 10th)
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

Main Rulerships of 4th house include everything that relates to the foundation and roots of our existence.
Parents in general
and
fathers in particular
grandparents and ancestry.
Paternity (inheritance from parents)
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h4.html

Your father's official time of birth
would be useful to study for connections to angles
Also, there are likely to be planets other than your father's natal Moon
that are connected to planets of your natal chart

Ambersole11

Thanks for your reply-- helps to put it into perspective. Unfortunately I don't know my father's time of birth :( I recently stayed with him and it was a very strange and scary experience. I'm not speaking with him at this time. I discovered some deep secrets but he made sure to keep a lot more secrets hidden from me. He's very controlling...despite this- I do love him very much and I do regret the situation. It was just a shocking, overwhelming experience when I visited him. I do know that he loves me too. But anyway...maybe I can ask my brother who lives closer to him what hs time of birth is but I know it will go straight back to my dad! Lol

Edited because of typos.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Thanks for your reply-- helps to put it into perspective. Unfortunately I don't know my father's time of birth :( I recently stayed with him and it was a very strange and scary experience. I'm not speaking with him at this time. I discovered some deep secrets but he made sure to keep a lot more secrets hidden from me. He's very controlling...despite this- I do love him very much and I do regret the situation. It was just a shocking, overwhelming experience when I visited him. I do know that he loves me too. But anyway...maybe I can ask my brother who lives closer to him what hs time of birth is but I know it will go straight back to my dad! Lol

Edited because of typos.
astro.com creates charts for 'time unknown'
so then experiment with creating a bi-wheel, placing your natal chart centrally
with your father's natal chart on the outer rim
you can then compare planetary sign locations
:smile:

centaur88

My father is an Aries- my Mars, 6th, and 7th houses are in Aries. My mother is a Libra (with asc and moon also in libra)- my asc and 12th house are in Libra. My stepdad (huge influence in my life) is a Gemini- My moon and Jupiter are in Gemini (not conj).

My husband is a cancer- my daughter is a cancer. My rising as well as both of my children's risings are in Libra. My son and I both have Jupiter in Gemini. My husband and my daughter both have Jupiter in Taurus.

My husband's venus is in Gemini- My daughter's Mars is in in Gemini, my moon and jupiter are in gemini.

My son and my daughter both have moon in aquarius.

My Husband's mom is a Leo and my daughter's Mercury is in Leo (they are really close). His mom and I also both have rising in Libra and moon in Gemini.

Apart from the rising in Libra, Jupiter in Gemini, and moon in aquarius, my son has nothing else in common with anyone in any of our families. His houses even differ from my daughter's, mine, and his grandmother's (all asc Libra), his 2nd and 3rd are in scorpio (ours are 2nd scorpio, 3rd sag). He is an aquarius, asc Libra, moon in aquarius, mercury pisces, venus pisces, mars aquarius.

I gave you more than you asked, but I hope it helped.

Last edited:

Ambersole11

astro.com creates charts for 'time unknown'
so then experiment with creating a bi-wheel, placing your natal chart centrally
with your father's natal chart on the outer rim
you can then compare planetary sign locations
:smile:

Okay, I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure how exactly, so thanks for giving me the heads up. :)