Venus in IV- Trouble for Marriage??

I was reading my chart and trying to research the effects of it on a potential marriage. apparently, "parents' marriage affects your own partnering skills and style more than most."

Any ideas? Would this indicate a replica of my parent's miserable marriage? :-/
I have a fantastic girlfriend right now and it's very serious.

On a lighter note: what does Sun conjunct venus (Scorpio) illlustrate?

astro_w2gw_01_paul_espinoza_hp.67498.16599.gif

Lin

All the squares to your 7th and 8th houses represent what how marriage was "taught" to you. And Neptune conj. your Moon represents your mother's inability to be her own person or express her true identity in her marriage.
Saturn and the Moon are widely semisextile and that is an aspect of "tolerance" turning often to "resentment." (depending upon the rest of the chart....but in your case, yes.)

Looking at your parents marriage, you would see no reason to copy it.

You will have to study your squares to make sure you DON'T copy it unconsciously.
And even then: if you don't make sure you find and express your true inner authenticity, you could fall into your mother's footsteps.

Venus square Mars is never "useful" or "valuable" in relationships, and certainly in the 4th and 7th houses do not modify the issues. But Venus in the 4th, taken alone, does not necessarily mean trouble in marriage.
LIN

Thank you much!

How would I go about studying my "squares" in regards to my relationship?

And though I'm a male- I would potentially be following my Mother's footsteps and not my Father's?

Claire19

you need to post the composite chart for the two of you providing you have accurate time of birth for both. I agree that the parents marriage does affect our attitude to marriage and is largely depicted by the Sun to the Moon aspects. Sun conjunct Venus in the 4th is a good sign as is the sextile from the Sun to the Moon. I think you have a very good chance with domestic harmony.

Lin

What you want to look for is NOT harmonious conditions as much as heavy, negative ones.
You can have trines and sextiles galore with your Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Merc or even Jupiter...
But if your Pluto squares her Venus
Or if your Uranus opposes her moon....
Or if yourNeptune conjuncts her Sun and then makes any negative aspect....
well...the relationship will have a "built in ending."

So you want to pay great attention in synastry to the heavy planets of each.
Also, you don't want her Neptune in your 7th unless extremely benefically aspected. Or your's in her's.
You don't want her Pluto on your Mars...it gives her the "power" subliminally.(to cite one example.)

In fact, every heavy planet on anothers personal planet gives the other person unfair advantage.
Often these are balanced, but there's no guarantee of this.

You could emulate both your parents or either one.
If you are attracted to Neptunian females, then "she" is the mother figure and you might become your father figure.
Remember that in a man's chart, the "love image" is Venus.
The "mother" image is the moon.

To study your chart you need to be willing to be honest in your examination of your character and attitudes.
LIN

Thank you Lin! I've done a bit of analyzing and I used the cafeastrology.com relationship guide and it's "analysis" head one negative aspect. (Though I'm sure there are more).

Lin

What you said isn't quite accurate.

What you have is Moon -Neptune opposition her Moon-Jupiter. that is very different.

Therefore,, if you want to know how this plays out, you have to study the houses the moons rules in each of your charts and the houses Neptune (in your case) and Jupiter (in her case) rule and how they are affected.
LIN

Thanks Lin! that's very interesting although I've tried researching those aspects and it is much easier understanding each position does for the individual but very difficult to understand in relation to one another. would you be able to help me figure the effect of that aspects please? :]