findin' lot of marriage

d00dle

I was given lot of marriage @2 Aquarius...findin my own lot of marriage using different parts and i still couldn't match that number. which lot of marriage should i use? I'm a male.

for examples,

Fortune = ASC + Moon - Sun (Scorp 4 + Gem 21 - Vir 0 = Leo 25)
Love = ASC + Venus - Sun (Scorp 4 + Lib 6 - Virgo 0 = Sag 10)
Marriage = ASC + Cusp 7th - Venus (Scorp 4 + Tau 4 - Lib 6 = Gem 2)
Marriage of Man = ASC + Venus - Saturn (Scorp 4 + Lib 6 - Lib 7 = Scor 3)

my planet positions

Sun virgo 0 degree 53'
Moon Gemini 21 degree 27'
Mercury Virgo 13 degree 57'
Venus Libra 6 degree 38'
Mars Cancer 24 degree 17'
Jupiter Libra 10 degree 9'
Saturn Libra 7 degree 47

Houses (Plac.)

Asc. Scorpio 4 degree 34'
house 5 Pisces 6 degree 6'
Desc. Taurus 4 degree 34'

dr. farr

You could use the generic Lot of Marriage OR, to be more specific, you could instead use the Man's Lot of Marriage (which does fall @ 3 SCORPIO)

SagiCap

So what happens after he identifies it? How does he translate that lot position into meaning? If he has it at 3deg Scopio, does he then look at what house and position that is in his chart. If it's in the 5th (as an example) then he's most likely to find "marriage" during a creative pursuit, hobby, while working with children, or at a party? I never understood that part...

dr. farr

Any Lot used as primary quesited significator is judged just as if it were a planetary significator: you look at the strength of the Lot by placement and position; you look at the querent significator and co-significator and the relationship they have to the place of the Lot (and secondarily their relationship to the Lot's planetary significator): for examples of how to use a Lot as primary quesited in horary, I refer you to many of my horary delineations in which I have used various Lots as primary quesited significator.

(In the OP's question, I think that the most specific Lot would be the Man's Lot of Marriage, UNLESS, say, the OP was already married and the horary question was about that marriage-then the generic Lot of Marriage would be more specific because the question would have been about the marriage as a thing in itself, rather than only about the OP's (Man's) participation in that marriage)

Aquarius358

So what happens after he identifies it? How does he translate that lot position into meaning? If he has it at 3deg Scopio, does he then look at what house and position that is in his chart. If it's in the 5th (as an example) then he's most likely to find "marriage" during a creative pursuit, hobby, while working with children, or at a party? I never understood that part...

Hi - That's a good start!

Just to add: It's written in lots of places that the planet dispositing (or disposing or ruling) the actual Part or Lot is considered to be most important because it will be one of the planets: eg the Lot is in Taurus, so the dispositor is Venus. Venus is then read like any other signifier to back up the main signifiers, ie 1 ruler, Moon, and quesited ruler (if it's not already signifying something.)

A Part or Lot is like the Nodes - a fixed point - it doesn't make any aspects by itself. It can only be aspected BY another planet - but you probably knew that anyway.

If the Lot itself is aspected by one of the main signifiers, then it does signify something worth noting in connection with that Lot and, in horary, should form part of the judgment.

Bonatti's Treatise on the Parts notes that for each House there are quite a few Lots or Parts! ie 7th House Marriage ones include, would you believe no fewer than 16 Parts!! I won't list them but they do take account of many different kinds of marriages! Including whether or not they will be long lasting, lascivious etc.

The way to read Lots themselves - briefly condensed - in natal charts or otherwise - seems to come down to the House where the Lot is located; if benefics or malefics aspect the Lot closely - no more than 3-4 deg;
AND, importantly, the dispositor of the Lot - whether or not it makes or is aspected by benefics or malefics and whether or not located in angular, succeedant or cadent houses and whether or not the dispositor is dignified, accidentally or essentially.
Cheers.________

Aquarius358

I was given lot of marriage @2 Aquarius...findin my own lot of marriage using different parts and i still couldn't match that number. which lot of marriage should i use? I'm a male.

Hi - What did you come up with in your calculation?

You could use for Part of Marriage the one that's given first in Bonatti's Treatise on the Parts of the 7th House because it includes Saturn and is therefore likely to be long lasting, esp if it's aspected by benefics or its dispositor plus the Part and dispositor are both well located.

This is taken by day or night from Saturn to Venus and is projected from the asc = ASC+Venus-Saturn. In your case, I think this would be at 3SCO25.

If you use the Part of Men's Marriages - this is taken by day and night from the Sun to Venus and projected from the ascendant = ASC+Venus-Sun. What did you get from that one? ________

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Regarding lot of marriage - along with 7th house, and its lord we can not ignore role of 11th house and its lord, 9th house and its lord, then 11th house from 7th house ie. 5th house.
Relationship of these houses with Benific as well malefic planets. Importantly Venus can not be ignored with 12th house.

SagiCap

What if you've had a marriage? How do you find a second marriage? How about in the case of Elizabeth Taylor? Was her lot conjunct Jupiter or something... I wonder?

PS: This question probably shouldn't be in Horary Technique.

Last edited:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

In case of Vedic Astrology, if promises are there, then dasha will guide date and period of event. But Delivery of the fruits of events will be on the guidance of transit of Planets (specially transit of Jup and Sat is must- double transit).

dr. farr

Using the Lot in natal:
-whenever the profection year comes to the Lot there is a potential for marriage
-by progression, whenever key significators (in the natal) progress to the Lot there is a potential for marriage
-certain firdaria years connected with the significator of the Lot are potential for marriage
-and of course, if applying Vedic time periods (dasa periods), dasa/bkutki times of the planet which is significator of the Lot, offer potential for marriage...

Aquarius358

What if you've had a marriage? How do you find a second marriage? How about in the case of Elizabeth Taylor? Was her lot conjunct Jupiter or something... I wonder?

PS: This question probably shouldn't be in Horary Technique.

Good question, tho.

One way of finding out is of course to ask a horary - like, will I marry again and use 1 ruler or Moon applying to 7 ruler with good reception to give a yes and also to check out the Part of Fortune and Part of Marriage in that horary chart (and to examine their dispositors.) But that won't tell you (as in Liz's case!) how many times you might be married in your life.

This is the only way of finding out how many marriages that I've found: in Carmen Astrologicum, The Second Book of Dorotheus - Judgments concerning Marriage & Children (ed David McCann) - the following. I've used to predict this from a NATAL. I've not used it a lot tho.

"If you wish to know how many wives he will marry, mark off from the MC to Venus; whatever number of planets is between these two, he will marry that number of wives; ... In the nativity of a woman, if you wish to know how many husbands she will marry, count from the MC to Mars (if Mars is in the MC, then count to Jupiter); whatever number of planets is between these two, this is the number whom she will marry. If you find Venus cadent from the MC, say that there is little constancy toward women in men and say similarly in the women with respect to their husbands if you find Mars in the 7th."

He also says: "... If you find Venus in a bicorporeal (ie mutable) sign, then the native will marry more than one wife.

There's also stuff about knowing if the marriage will fail or how it "will end".

I don't know what you think but the number of 'husbands and wives' COULD also possibly be counted as the number of serious - say, fairly long term - partners, given that marriage is not everyone's preference these days.

Another suggestion is Bonatti's Part of Intelligence and Ease of Marriage = Venus+Moon-Sun. (I'd reckon that it should be reversed for a night chart seeing as its projected from the Sun altho Bonatti doesn't say to do this, ie Venus+Sun-Moon.) He talks a bit about what this means -

" ... if this Part falls in a sign of cunning and is of good condition [dignity etc], fortunate and strong and well disposed, it signifies that he who aspires to marriage will attain it with ease as he planned. If, however, it is impeded and of evil condition, his marriage will be attended by severity and affliction and he will hardly ever be able to attain that which he intended. ..."

That would be the Part/Lot to cast if you wanted to know if you'll have a good and lasting marriage - and could also be used in a horary. _______

SagiCap

Good question, tho.

One way of finding out is of course to ask a horary - like, will I marry again and use 1 ruler or Moon applying to 7 ruler with good reception to give a yes and also to check out the Part of Fortune and Part of Marriage in that horary chart (and to examine their dispositors.) But that won't tell you (as in Liz's case!) how many times you might be married in your life.

This is the only way of finding out how many marriages that I've found: in Carmen Astrologicum, The Second Book of Dorotheus - Judgments concerning Marriage & Children (ed David McCann) - the following. I've used to predict this from a NATAL. I've not used it a lot tho.

"If you wish to know how many wives he will marry, mark off from the MC to Venus; whatever number of planets is between these two, he will marry that number of wives; ... In the nativity of a woman, if you wish to know how many husbands she will marry, count from the MC to Mars (if Mars is in the MC, then count to Jupiter); whatever number of planets is between these two, this is the number whom she will marry. If you find Venus cadent from the MC, say that there is little constancy toward women in men and say similarly in the women with respect to their husbands if you find Mars in the 7th."

He also says: "... If you find Venus in a bicorporeal (ie mutable) sign, then the native will marry more than one wife.

There's also stuff about knowing if the marriage will fail or how it "will end".

I don't know what you think but the number of 'husbands and wives' COULD also possibly be counted as the number of serious - say, fairly long term - partners, given that marriage is not everyone's preference these days.

Another suggestion is Bonatti's Part of Intelligence and Ease of Marriage = Venus+Moon-Sun. (I'd reckon that it should be reversed for a night chart seeing as its projected from the Sun altho Bonatti doesn't say to do this, ie Venus+Sun-Moon.) He talks a bit about what this means -

" ... if this Part falls in a sign of cunning and is of good condition [dignity etc], fortunate and strong and well disposed, it signifies that he who aspires to marriage will attain it with ease as he planned. If, however, it is impeded and of evil condition, his marriage will be attended by severity and affliction and he will hardly ever be able to attain that which he intended. ..."

That would be the Part/Lot to cast if you wanted to know if you'll have a good and lasting marriage - and could also be used in a horary. _______

Fascinating. Thank you.

I looked up ET's chart and she only has 7 planets between her Mars and MC. To be honest, I found this sad because I have only 1 between natal Mars and MC, Venus and that is in Scorpio. I am hoping there is more to this and that by some stretch I did this completely wrong and that first marriage of mine is not the last. :(

Last edited:

Aquarius358

Fascinating. Thank you.

I looked up ET's chart and she only has 7 planets between her Mars and MC. To be honest, I found this sad because I have only 1 between natal Mars and MC, Venus and that is in Scorpio. I am hoping there is more to this and that by some stretch I did this completely wrong and that first marriage of mine is not the last. :(

Yeah - I've not found it to be "true" in some natals, either but then it's spot on in others - esp males’ charts actually. You counted anti clockwise of course?? and only the traditional planets?

Try this from Lilly perhaps on WOMEN’S MARRIAGES indicated in a female’s natal chart : Taken from Book III of CA, Ch 137.

Sun, Mars, 7th House & 7 ruler OR any planets in the 7th are the main significators to use in women’s charts. [Sun and Mars replace Moon and Venus in men’s charts.]

How many husbands? Sun in double-bodied Sign indicates more than one.
So, if you had a Sun in Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Pisces = more than one husband.
7 RULER and Sign on the 7th and Sun in Common Signs = more than one husband.
Sun or Mars in a double-bodied sign the same.
Venus and Venus’ dispositor in a Common Sign = ditto.
also
how many planets aspect the sun (in the same Sign as the Sun) - either partile aspect or not = no. of husbands.
If Sun doesn’t aspect any planets, see how many planets have dignity in the same Sign as the Sun = no. of husbands. ___