Australia in WC06

Hello

Wouldn't have a clue how to horary astrology. As we have just seen Australia beat Japan 3-1. I wonder if anyone could tell me about Australia's chances of getting to the next round.

The play:
Brazil - 18 Jun 06, 18:00 Munich
Croatia - 22 Jun 06, 21:00 Stuttgard

I am more interested in the Croatian match given that it is without doubt that Brazil will beat Australia. Any opinions?

Solastro

23.. I'm sorry I'm not much use on the horary charts.. but have you looked at each countries national charts to see what's brewing.. if you look at Australia's chart(jan 1st, 1901 @1.25pm.. Melbourne.. from astro.com) you will see some very good Jupiter transits & progressions.. Jupiter sextile national Sun.. while prog Sun in Aries.. moves to exactly trine the natal Jupiter.. which is in turn being transited by Pluto in Sag.. so there's a lot of power.. energy & perhaps fortunate circumstances in the air for Australia now.. with Pluto thrown in for good measure.. it doesn't get much more powerful than that.. maybe all the way to world cup champions.. anyway.. Meanwhile looking at Guus Hiddink's chart there's a real sense of destiny with this man.. especially now.. since he's having his Jupiter return.. Saturn return.. while his prog Sun & Mars have formed a powerful conjunction.. an almost unstopable force.. in achieving his life's unltimate goal.. one might say.. I think astrologically Australia is poised for a real breakthrough..

I noted during the start of the Japan game that Australia's prog Mercury was being squared by the transiting Moon.. but once this aspect faded.. the positive.. or one might say unstopable.. Jupiter transits & progressions.. really kicked in.. So with all this in mind it will be very interesting to see what happens.. Perhaps even Brazil may be in for a surprise.. especially since the match begins with Venus in Taurus.. exactly opposing Brazils natal Sun.. while being squared by Australia's prog Mars in Leo..

On another note.. using Melbourne as the reference place.. the birthplace of Australian Federation.. & the home of sport in Australia really.. I noted the Mundane MC conjunct Australia's Jupiter.. a fortunate moment(emphasising the trine by the prog Aries Sun) at the exact moment of the first goal.. ah Jupiter again.. then conjnuct Mercury in Sag.. a few minutes later as the second goal was scored.. while also when Japan scored their goal the Ascendant at Melbourne at that exact moment was in Pisces.. exactly opposing Australia's Mars in Virgo.. hence the confusion(Pisces) over the goal scored.. while also this same Ascendant sextiled the Japanese Mars in Taurus..

All very interesting.. I'll certainly be looking for Jupiter to continue it's influence over Australia's & Guus Hiddink's fortunes.. does any other country have better planetary aspects at this time...

Cheers.. & stay tuned to see what happens...

Last edited:

Amit89

The nation was born under the year of 'ox', and its the year of 'dog' in 2006, 'ox' is not being supported by the 'dog' so in astroligical terms (correct me if I'm wrong) they wont win this world cup, but who knows, by Solastro's post they might do well, hence they might even make it in the last 4 by Australias strong aspects, who knows.

But I'v never seen a soccer nation win the world cup, with their year not supported by a chineese year sign.

Solastro

Yes that's interesting.. have you researched the world Cup winners.. with the Chinese astrology animals.. each animal relates to the sign of Jupiter each year doesn't it.. this year it's the Dog.. Jupiter in Scorpio.. actually I looked up the Australian national chart to see the Federation chart says it was the year of the Rat.. 'I'll have to check the UK(Jan 1st, 1801) chart too.. Also I mentioned Guus Hiddink(8th Nov, 1946).. the Australian coach.. he is a Dog.. Jupiter in Scorpio.. conjunct his Sun.. so it's definitely his year one way or another...

Also looking at the Brazil chart('Proclamation of the Republic', 15th Nov, 1889.. 3pm LMT, Rio De Janero) I see some amazingly good transits & progressions as well.. trans Jupiter in Scorpio sextile MC.. prog Jupiter sextile Mars(just like Raphael Nadal has now.. as he takes over the world tennis scene).. also prog MC trine Jupiter.. prog Asc trine Sun.. not too bad at all.. Also when they play Australia they will also have trans Mars & Saturn trining their countries Aries Asc.. but the transiting Sun will be closely squaring their prog Venus also..

Meanwhile I noticed the UK chart looks good for England.. prog Sun conjunct Jupiter.. also has the same Jupiter transit to Sun(10deg Cap, same as Australia).. while also trining the MC.. Also I noted tonight that Ecuador has suprised everyone.. making it to next round with another convincing win tonight over Costa Rica 3-0.. after downing Poland 2-0 the other day.. all this with Jupiter transiting right over that nations Mars.. providing all the energy they need.. expanding their will to succeed.. as well as prog Sun trining their nations Neptune.. I guess I'll just keep watching & learning.. stay tuned for more developments...

Last edited:

Amit89

Are you sure Australia was born under the year of rat?, I strongly think it was born under the animal Rabbit, the only thing that makes me think this is becuase the national Australian cricket team won the cricket world cup in the year of rabbit 1987, and 1999, they last won it in 2003 with the goat year supporting the rabbit, I'm not sure though.

I have researched some past winners, I could not find some of the countries charts of past soccer world cup winners.

1934, winner: Italy, Italy was born under the animal year dog, and in 1934 it win the year of dog!.
1938, winner: Italy, it was the chineese year tiger, Italy was born under the animal year dog, but the tiget year was supporting the dog.
1958, winner: Brasil, Brasil was born under the year of dog, it was the ear of dog.
1962, winner: Brasil, it was the year of tiger, and the tiger is supporting the dog.
1970, winner: Brasil, it was the year of dog, Braisl was born under this year, Brasil had the best soccer side to ever go to the world cup and they won it in the end.
1974, winner: West Germany, it was the year of tiger, I'm not sure what year West Germant was born in, but it was being supported by the year of tiger, so Germany might have been born in the year of tiger, horse or dog.
1978: winner, Argentina, I think it was born under the year of horse of dog.
1982: winner, Italy, Italy was born under the year of dog, it was the year of dog when they won it.
1986: winner, Argentina: it was the year of tiger, Argentina was born on either of these signs, dog, tiger of horse, supporting the year, I strongly advise you to look at these 2 links http://www.astrologyweekly.com/more-horary/worldcup1986.php http://www.astronor.com/worldcup86.htm
1990: winner, West Germany, it was the year of horse, I'm not sure what sign West Germany was born in but it was beign supported by the year of horse.
1994: winner, Brasil, it was the year of dog, Brasil was born under the year of dog, but the runners up was Italy, who too was born under the year of dog, it was a close foughted contest, and Italy lost in a tense penalty shootout.
2002: winner, Brasil, it was the year of horse, Brasil was born under the year of dog, but the horse was supporting the dog that year.

So this year is the year of dog, I strongly think, in order these countreis will win the world cup:

1) Brasil
2) Italy
3) Argentina
4) Germany

Another important factor is the happines of the coach, if one of those countreis football coaches are born under the sign of dog, their is a strong chance that team will win it.

Last edited:

Solastro

Yes I have checked the birth chart for Australia(1st Jan,1901.. posted earlier) anyway my Chinese astro book says Year of Rat - 31st Jan, 1900 to 18 Feb, 1901.. so there it is.. my reference says Dog is 'amicable' with Rat.. also the Australian coach is Guus Hiddink(8th Nov, 1946.. earlier post), he is a dog(2nd Feb, 1946 to 21st Jan, 1947) so maybe it's his year then.. one way or another.. (note his Jupiter return right now.. earlier post) Also I don't now what chart your using for Brazil.. but according to the Republic chart(15th Nov,1889.. from 'Mundane Horoscopes of Nations') they are an Ox.. which doesn't fit with 2002 year of the Horse(12th Feb, 2002 to 31st Jan, 2003) my ref says the Dog has 'no sympathy'.. but I had to work this out by pen & paper as my book only goes back to 1900.. it seems the same on Chinese astrology websites.. but if you count back the years this is what I got..

However getting back to astrological analysis.. in favour of this chart for Brasil.. looking at 'the Republic chart' at the time of the 2002 Final against Germany(30th June,2002.. 8pm Yokahama, Japan) there is absolute power present big time for Brasil.. *prog Mars exactly sextile national Mars.. *prog Jupiter in Aqu.. 'the King of the Gods'.. also trine national Mars in Libra.. also forming a grand trine with national Neptune in Gemini.. also the Moon was in Pisces applying to the nations prog Sun.. becoming exact the following day.. suggesting the nations celebrating throughout the land.. also note the powerful combination of **trans Mars & Jupiter in Cancer.. trining the national Sun in Scorpio.. ***WHAMMO.. while also trining *prog Venus in Pisces.. that's two grand trines.. even though *trans Cancer Sun(entering the nations 4th house) closely opposed the nations Jupiter/MC(though seperating) & while squaring the Aries Ascendant.. the power of the underlying grand trines is overwhelming.. also Saturn was moving into orb(1deg) of sextile to national Leo Moon.. *NB.. this 'Republic' chart sure sounds like Brasil to me(Ma de gra in Rio) Leo Moon with Scorpio Sun...

So turning to Germany's chart(3rd Oct, 1990.. 00.00am, Berlin.. from astro.com) I noted that on at the time of the 2002 final.. *trans Saturn in Gemini.. closely trining the prog Libra Sun.. *prog Jupiter in Leo.. sextile national Libra Sun.. while trining nation's Aries MC.. while also *trans Neptune in Aqu.. sextile national Lib Sun.. & opposing prog Jupiter in Leo.. so none of these involve Mars.. so while 'the Jupiter signature' is there aided by by trans Saturn.. supporting the nations prog Sun.. their ability 'to shine'... the final telling transits for me on this day are trans Sun moving to square national Lib Sun.. while *trans Mercury in Gemini.. 'the messenger' applied to exactly square the national Pisces Moon during the match.. so there is not good news with the Sun & Mercury transits affecting the nations Sun & Moon.. how they 'shine' & how they 'feel'.. a feeling of disappiontment.. perhaps putting it mildly.. yet this modern Germany is ruled by a Libra Sun of course.. not Scorpio.. so perhaps defeat is taken more 'gracefully'.. also the *trans Moon in Pisces(in the sign of Brasil's prog Sun.. 'it's radiance') was also squaring Germany's prog Mars in Gemini.. becoming exact during hte match.. indicating a weakening of this prog Mars in some way.. So to me all the signs are clearly there through this detailed analysis.. so it seems like 'the time' was right.. 'the stars' were definitely in Brasil's favour...

So what of this years winner.. I'm still working on that one...

And of course there'll I'll be armed with my Winstar Express tonight to watch the big game against Brasil.. to record each pivotal moment.. to see what transitis are 'clicking in'.. which I think may be challenged tonight by the Aussies.. of course there will be some degree of nervousness for them.. indicated by a few squares to the national chart.. but they do have 'a master' coach Guus Hiddink.. a Sun Jupiter in Scorpio.. so he's definitely 'a realist' then.. experiencing his Saturn & Jupiter returns now.. & with his *prog Sun Mars conjunction in Capricorn.. he may have all the drive he wants now..

Last edited:

Amit89

The birth chart for Australia was the year of rat, and I did find some info on chineese astrology websites that the birth chart of Brazil was the year of ox, so you are correct.

I'm still in the learning phase of astrology........but by reading your posts, my knowledge of astrlolgy is increasing.

Solastro

Yes well here I am in the wee hours again.. a bit disappointed as Australia just lost to Brazil.. but they did create a lot of goal scoring opportunities.. why did they miss so much.. well sadly looking at the chart for Australia.. I see that trans Mercury squared(tense aspect) prog Venus exactly as Brazil scored the first goal(**** it).. the delivery of bad news(the ball into the net).. upsetting the nations people(Venus).. also I noted that the *trans Moon trined Brazil's prog Moon at the start of the match.. while *trans Mars/Saturn trined their nations Aries Ascendant.. during the match.. also *trans Mercury trine(supportive) prog Sun.. (NB. I usually consider only aspects within 1 degree of exact.. the closer they are the stronger they are) Also I note that Mercury squared Australia's Aries Ascendant.. more tension.. between thinking & acting.. ie. exercising Mars- 'Aries Ascendant'.. hence the inability to get the ball into the net.. despite many seemingly easy opportunities.. like a virtually open goal at one piont.. also *trans Moon was squaring the nations Mercury too.. so more 'clouded'(Moon) decision making(Mercury)..

Meanwhile looking at the coaches charts.. I noted Guus Hiddink(Australian coach) had *trans Mars/Saturn in Leo.. conjunct his natal Saturn.. while closely squaring(tension) his natal Jupiter.. 'a difficult time'.. further indicating the teams wasted opportunities.. while *trans Jupiter(r) in Scorpio.. also squared his natal Saturn.. Fir Brazil's caoch, Carlos Parrera.. he had *trans Venus in Taurus closely trining(supportive aspect) his natal Mars.. so Venus tends to bring things.. being the principle of pleasure etc.. of what pleases us etc.. so this was flowing through to his Mars.. 'the free child'.. the ability to enjoy the job he was doing.. ie. directing his team(his 'warriors') to victory..

And the final word went to Mark Vidduka the Australian captain after the match.. 'yeah we missed a lot of chances.. if we played this match at another time the result may have been different'.. yes Mark.. if you waited for the planets to align more favorably.. but anyway how much chioce do we have in these matters.. in ordinary life.. in such such a busy world etc.. I guess we just have to learn 'the lessons'(Saturn) of the hard times('tense' aspects).. like learning to surrender the ego occassionally.. & enjoy the good times('supportive' aspects)when they come along.. I guess studying our transits etc.. might help occassionally.. to understand ourselves.. 'the Universe' & others a little more.. that there is 'a system'.. of some sort to all the 'madness' in the world...

Last edited:

Solastro

Fensi88, You will find the 'Republic' chart for Brazil at www.dominantstar.com under 'Mundane Horoscopes of Nations'.. the chart is sourced from Astrodienst.. oh I see you already have that source.. 'read further down'.. Anyway it's all very interesting then.. this 'whole' idea of a country having multiple birth charts.. Nick Campion has obviously done a lot of research into all this.. anyway it seems that this 'Republic' chart represents the 'true heart' of Brazil.. ie. it fits very well to transits & progressions.. as opposed to the 'modern' chart you referred to.. also look at the symbology of it all.. perhaps they're still growing into this new sense of 'nationhood'.. the evolving 'national psyche'.. by that I mean there hasn't been much 'progression' time in the chart.. yet other nations seem to fit more to their modern charts.. like Germany.. who obviously wanted to move on completely from the old Germany.. anyway if you use this 'Republic' chart to look at the World Cup 2002(especially the final against Germany).. you will be knocked over by the power of it.. I did an earlier post on this thread referring to al this.. *Mars & Jupiter in harmony rule the roost.. with a little help from 'the others'.. of course.. also check out their current prog & transits.. it looks good again for them for sure.. but not so dominant.. look at the criticism of the great team currently.. with 'the fading star' of Ronaldo.. not so dominant now.. maybe I should look at his chart now...
['Seek until you find it']

Last edited:

Australia seems to be doing reasonably well. I have used Solastro's time for Australia's chart and boy doesn't Australia have an odd chart? But it aptly fits Australia - conservative, humourous, financially concerned, the "lucky country".

There are some good transits.

Otherwise:
natal jupiter sextile tran saturn
venus in the first house - everyone's darling?
mercury in the 3rd - that's good, a lot of thinking/strategising by the time
trans pluto conj natal jupiter in 9th house - increase in authority/power overseas.

However trans sat oppose MC a bit of a worry.

Also:
Sun conj tran chiron - opening or healing of wounds?

Hopefully we can now take down gli Azzuri!! Oi Oi Oi!

Last edited:

Solastro

***Aust v Italy tonight!!! Actually 1am AEST..

Ah '23'.. I'm sorry but how did you get *trans Saturn opposite Australia's Capricorn MC?(24deg, 24min.. see national chart at 'www.astro.com') I also notice that *trans Jupiter is hovering around the prog IC.. just recently dipping back into the 3rd house.. so yes it's opposing the prog Taurus MC.. yes if you think the Aussie chart is a bit strange(Sag) look at one of our national icons.. 'Dame Edna'.. ah yes alias Barry Humphries.. it doesn't get much more austentatious than that.. also 'Crocodile Dundee'.. Paul Hogan.. it's various sporting stars around the world etc.. yes all that Jupiter in Sag energy has to go somewhere.. backing *the war in Iraq etc.. maybe that's Sun-Saturn in Cap.. trine Mars in Virgo in the national chart..

Anyway getting back to tonights game.. I am a little worried about the Moon in Cancer closely conjunct prog national Ascendant.. while also opposing Australia's prog Saturn at the end of the match(penalty shootout?).. meanwhile I note *trans Mars in Leo.. will be closely trine the national Uranus in Sag(both trine S/Arc Mercury in Aries).. so perhaps a breakthrough again..

Meanwhile turning to Italy('Republic' chart, 10th Jun, 1946.. 6.10pm Rome) I see some good transits.. *trans Jupiter closely sextile prog Moon.. *trans Sun closely trine national Scorpio Moon.. while also *trans Mercury squares prog MC(Rome).. *trans Moon square natal Jupiter-Chiron.. so some difficult aspects here.. while also *trans Saturn in Leo.. closely conjuncts national Pluto(the match fixing scandal coming up).. while *trans Neptune continues to square tha national Ascendant.. also closely trine the national Sun/prog Nth Node in Gemini..

So weighing all this up I would assume Italy would be much happier than Australia(Moon opposite Saturn) at the end of the game.. Italy(Sun/Moon trine, Jupiter/Moon sextile) though the Sun moves to square the national Neptune at the end of the match.. So for me the big question is will *Mars trine Australia's Uranus in Sag.. lead to an upset result.. since Italy don't seem to be receiving any Mars transits.. a useful ally or transit for a big sporting contest.. also I wonder about 'the lucky' coach Guus(Sun-Jupiter conj)..

Looking at the coaches.. Guus Hiddink(8th Nov, 1946, Holland) is having his Jupiter & Saturn returns.. also what about Australia's prog Sun trine national Jupiter.. will this have it's part to play in the result also.. with Pluto in Sag thrown in.. With Italy's caoch Marcello Lippi(11th Apr, 1948) I see he has *trans Jupiter sextile his natal Mars.. while *trans Pluto in Sag sits conjunct his prog Jupiter.. so who will win out.. I'll be waiting to see what happens...

Last edited:

fensi88

So weighing all this up I would assume Italy would be much happier than Australia(Moon opposite Saturn) at the end of the game..

Solastro, you was right, congratulations!

I am a little worried about the Moon in Cancer closely conjunct prog national Ascendant.. while also opposing Australia's prog Saturn at the end of the match(penalty shootout?)..
Italy was lucky. I did not see penalty...

Last edited:

Solastro said:
***Aust v Italy tonight!!! Actually 1am AEST..

Ah '23'.. I'm sorry but how did you get *trans Saturn opposite Australia's Capricorn MC?(24deg, 24min.. see national chart at 'www.astro.com') I also

I think I slipped when I did the chart and put 18 Jan instead of 1 Jan. How embarassing.

And what a cruel way to go for Australia. Your analysis was very good.

Solastro

Yes that's OK I made an error when I looked at the Italy transits.. as I had the wrong time for their 'Republic' chart.. Libra instead of Scorpio asc.. anyway this resulted in me initially missing the most important fact of the *trans Sun trining their national Moon.. exact during the middle of the game.. anyway I realised my error before I did the posting..

Meanwhile I also noted during the game that *trans Saturn was applying to closely square Australia's prog MC.. since you mentioned the tense Saturn/MC aspect.. you were far off the track.. so yes this may not have helped them.. perhaps *Saturn in Leo representing the referee making the final decision.. & perhaps Australia's general poor run with the refs.. the last minute penalty.. also I looked at the chart from Italy's surprise defeat in the 2002 World Cup at the hands of Korea.. on this day Saturn was sitting right on their national Gemini Sun.. amoung other transits of course.. Anyway when I looked at this chart in relation to the game against Australia.. I noted a few interesting transits.. suggesting they might heal the wound of this previous defeat.. therefore gathering more evidence for the positive result for them..

So it seems even with all those great progressions.. without the right transits at the right time.. ie. the time/day of the match.. the result's just don't come through on the day.. 'As above.. so below'...

Last edited: