Chara Karakas

Crystalpages

A good astrologer is concerned in the first place about the time of birth.The chart is rectified?
Why you want to give me a test?

Marian

Don't worry, I am not testing you; please shed any such misgiving. I am just trying to understand the methodology better, which we are discussing about. I do not bear any malice against you; in fact I barely know you! :)

The data is fine. If something does not work out, then we both will learn from the experience. If it works, I will learn and both of us will feel more confident with the methodology. Belief and faith is fine, but as practical astrologers, we all need to learn and then test, unless we are psychic or aided by paranormal help, etc.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

If we don't have some issues with this chart, like a unsure time of birth (unrectified), or some 'daylight saving' weirdness, we have Cancer Lagna in Rasi and Saggitarius Lagna in Navamsa.
In Rasi we have a Kalasarpa yoga, who is ended in Leo in the 2nd house.Generally, Kalasarpa yoga gives a materially oriented person (when Rahu is the last planet) and Kalaamrita yoga gives a spiritually oriented person (when Ketu is the last planet).On the other hand, I've seen charts of saints with Kalasarpa yoga.Some rules based on the Nakshatra dispositor of Rahu/Ketu can change everything (as per some).Anyway, this yoga is not to be found in the sages books, but only in some families with tradition in learning of vedic astrology.
We can say for sure that Rahu is afflicting the 2nd house in this chart, moreover he is the end of a Grahamalika yoga started by Sun, Mercury and Saturn in the 11th house.Rahu may show untruthfulness shown in speech.The character of the person may suffer.The 2nd house rules samskaras (impresions) and Rahu can show bad impresions, who results in bad character and bad acts.

Marian

Crystalpages

If we don't have some issues with this chart, like a unsure time of birth (unrectified), or some 'daylight saving' weirdness, we have Cancer Lagna in Rasi and Saggitarius Lagna in Navamsa.
In Rasi we have a Kalasarpa yoga, who is ended in Leo in the 2nd house.Generally, Kalasarpa yoga gives a materially oriented person (when Rahu is the last planet) and Kalaamrita yoga gives a spiritually oriented person (when Ketu is the last planet).On the other hand, I've seen charts of saints with Kalasarpa yoga.Some rules based on the Nakshatra dispositor of Rahu/Ketu can change everything (as per some).Anyway, this yoga is not to be found in the sages books, but only in some families with tradition in learning of vedic astrology.
We can say for sure that Rahu is afflicting the 2nd house in this chart, moreover he is the end of a Grahamalika yoga started by Sun, Mercury and Saturn in the 11th house.Rahu may show untruthfulness shown in speech.The character of the person may suffer.The 2nd house rules samskaras (impresions) and Rahu can show bad impresions, who results in bad character and bad acts.

Marian

Yes KSY etc are considered questionable by many jyotishis and have their sources in some southern literature or possibly the mystical, almost tantric sounding nadis, which according to this book on Gayathri jyotish, posted by a fellow member constitute the demoniacal form of astrology and not divine form (the book attributes those to the sages who wrote under 'divine' inspiration).

My curiosity about this chart was mostly because he was a gifted person (intellectually, scholastically, etc) but it did not pan out that way.

I was hoping that you would be able to remain within the scope of our interest, hence I had stated, "Focusing only on the karakas, karakamsa, argalas, navamsa, vimshamsha" -- which was of mutual interest.

If we begin bringing in factors such as KSY and others then we risk running into the forest rather than focusing on the trees, if you catch my drift!

Anyways, thanks for your time and effort!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

Sun has argala on Lagna, but even though Sun is with Saturn and Saturn is combust, Sun is defeated in Graha Yuddha (planetary war).Hence, the real spiritual traits of Sun are lacking in this person.Sun is the 2nd lord, is the dispositor of Rahu (who is the lord of the 8th house) and is defeated by Saturn in Graha Yuddha, in the sign Taurus (food and drinks, natural 2nd house).Saturn is, also ,the 8th house lord.Sun in Krittika in the 4th pada and afflicted by malefics gives fondness for alcoohol, drugs, gambling etc.Th 8th house shows here self- destruction.The Lagna Lord, Moon, though in Cancer in Lagna, is in Gandanta.Moreover, the Mars and Rahu causes Asubha yoga (Papakartari) on Lagna, and this shows again a sinner.Is it like if Mars and Rahu are in Lagna.Rahu is the 8th house lord, and this is a very bad combination (Rahu causes eclipses to Moon-mind).8th house lord in Lagna shows an adharmic person.
Rahu and Ketu are in Vargottama.In Navamsa, the atmakaraka Moon is in Pisces, and Ketu is in 12th house (this is good for spirituality) but Rahu is in 9th house from Lagna in Navamsa, the chart who shows dharma.This shows again an adharmic person, disconnected from good advises of others.AK Moon is replaced by Mercury, who has becomed the new AK planet.In the 12th from Mercury is Rahu, and this can show a fallen soul.
In Rasi, Rahu is in 5th (future) from AL.This shows that the future is blocked by the bad choices of the native.
The good news is that I'm just an amateur astrologer.

Marian

Last edited:

pmodizzle

That was very interesting to say the least. Wonder where I stand spiritually according to the planetary alignments. Marian even though you state that you are a amateur astrologer, you seem very knowledgeable about the subject. Keep informing people with what you learned as you will reap positive karma from such actions. P.S. check your inbox for a query that i have.

Thanks and looking forward to more jyotish

pmodizzle

crystalpages according to jagannatha hora software the moon is the AK planet and in navamsa is in pisces with ketu in aquarius. According to that the soul will go to superior lokas after death as ketu will strive for enlightenment of the soul. However Marian stated that mercury is the AK planet, and in navamsa has rahu in the 12th from it, showing that the native will not achieve moksha.

Crystalpages

crystalpages according to jagannatha hora software the moon is the AK planet and in navamsa is in pisces with ketu in aquarius. According to that the soul will go to superior lokas after death as ketu will strive for enlightenment of the soul. However Marian stated that mercury is the AK planet, and in navamsa has rahu in the 12th from it, showing that the native will not achieve moksha.

???
Read Marian's posts for clarification if the moon vs mercury exchange is confusing you! :) I think he or she has explained that elsewhere too!

Whether one goes to superior lokas is very difficult to verify, so most of us can only go by belief and faith in what we follow, such as scriptures. That can be a rather delicate matter for public discussion, even more than horoscopes of saints and saintly persons ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

???
Read Marian's posts for clarification if the moon vs mercury exchange is confusing you! :) I think he or she has explained that elsewhere too!

Whether one goes to superior lokas is very difficult to verify, so most of us can only go by belief and faith in what we follow, such as scriptures. That can be a rather delicate matter for public discussion, even more than horoscopes of saints and saintly persons ;-)

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

I'm a male.In my country, names as Mara, Maria or Mariana are for females, and names as Marin or Marian are for males.

Marian

Crystalpages

Sun has argala on Lagna, but even though Sun is with Saturn and Saturn is combust, Sun is defeated in Graha Yuddha (planetary war).Hence, the real spiritual traits of Sun are lacking in this person.Sun is the 2nd lord, is the dispositor of Rahu (who is the lord of the 8th house) and is defeated by Saturn in Graha Yuddha, in the sign Taurus (food and drinks, natural 2nd house).Saturn is,also , the 8th house lord.Sun in Krittika in the 4th pada and afflicted by malefics gives fondness for alcoohol, drugs, gambling etc.Th 8th house shows here self- distruction.The Lagna Lord, Moon, though in Cancer in Lagna, is in Gandanta.Moreover, the Mars and Rahu causes Asubha yoga (Papakartari) on Lagna, and this shows again a sinner.Is it like if Mars and Rahu are in Lagna.Rahu is the 8th house lord, and this is a very bad combination (Rahu causes eclipses to Moon-mind).8th house lord in Lagna shows an adharmic person.
Rahu and Ketu are in Vargottama.In Navamsa, the atmakaraka Moon is in Pisces, and Ketu is in 12th house (this is good for spirituality) but Rahu is in 9th house from Lagna in Navamsa, the chart who shows dharma.This shows again an adharmic person, disconnected from good advises of others.AK Moon is replaced by Mercury, who has becomed the new AK planet.In the 12th from Mercury is Rahu, and this can show a fallen soul.
In Rasi, Rahu is in 5th (future) from AL.This shows that the future is blocked by the bad choices of the native.
The good news is that I'm just an amateur astrologer.

Marian

Thanks Marian. I am happy to note that you are taking interest in this chart! Like I mentioned early, we all are amateurs here. I am not sure how many rely on astrology as a source of their livelihood which would make them professionals. By the way, professional label does not make one an expert! Particularly in the field of Jyotish which is self-regulated and even unregulated as per many (!) and different schools, theose that exist, have no common platform for accreditation. So, that is neither here nor there and should not become a self-imposed limitation or boundary, etc! At least that is my view; others might differ.

I am happy that you shared your views based on kshetra and navamsha, but I noticed that you did not touch vimshamsha which is specifically named by the Sages in relation to spirituality. Also, sun being involved in griha yuddha is interesting take too!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages

I'm a male.In my country, names as Mara, Maria or Mariana are for females, and names as Marin or Marian are for males.

Marian

Namaste! I too have been addressed by many as Madam, mme, etc, so decided to paste my photo since then <LOL>

Most folks on internet use handles etc with numbers and at times punctuation marks, so in those cases it becomes really difficult! :)

I am truly enjoying your postings and our conversation! Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

We must see first the Rasi, then Vimsamsa, and if the Rasi don't show some spirituality, we must not touch uselessly the Vimsamsa.
The Sun being the natural karaka for Atma, we must see the relationship of Sun with Lagna/ Lagna lord in Rasi.
1.Sun must be in Lagna (or with unobstructed argala on Lagna, I think, as I've said already) or in kendra or trikona from the Lagna Lord;
2.If those combinations don't exist, we must see if another planet links by aspect, lordship, conjunction etc.If we worship that planet we get into spirituality.
If these yogas don't exist, and Sun is badly placed from the places indicated, then only a relation of Jupiter with Lagna/Lagna lord can give spirituality through a Guru.But the religion of his country/ community of birth is shown by Sun, and if Sun is badly placed, the native can reject his own religion and take to other faith.Those who did this, they had this combinations in theirs charts.
I'm a such a case, myself, because I'm born in a Christian family, but I had adopted the Vedic ancient Truths (although I'm not initiated yet, in a authentic vedic spiritual school).
If even this link's don't exist, we must see from Chara Atmakaraka planet, instead of the lagna lord.
These theachings are from the students of Sanjay Rath.I've adopted these teachings because I've seen that they works.

In the given chart, the Sun has argala on Lagna, but is defeated in Graha Yuddha by Saturn.Moon, the Lagna lord and CharaKaraka planet, is not in kendra or trikona from Sun.Mercury is the dispositor of Jupiter and is with Sun and in Rasi Drishti with Moon, but I don't think that this native has tried to worship Sri Visnu (Mercury) or another deity who is shown by Mercury.Who will do that, if is a ignorant/ indifferent person?

Marian

Last edited:

pmodizzle

If the sun has links in the rasi and is in vimsamsa in strength would that indicate a spiritual person, your writings indicate such. Also if the significator of atma being sun is in 12th house in vimsamsha in marana karaka sthana, that would indicate that this person is not spiritual???

Crystalpages

We must see first the Rasi, then Vimsamsa, and if the Rasi don't show some spirituality, we must not touch uselessly the Vimsamsa.
The Sun being the natural karaka for Atma, we must see the relationship of Sun with Lagna/ Lagna lord in Rasi.
1.Sun must be in Lagna (or with unobstructed argala on Lagna, I think, as I've said already) or in kendra or trikona from the Lagna Lord;
2.If those combinations don't exist, we must see if another planet links by aspect, lordship, conjunction etc.If we worship that planet we get into spirituality.
If these yogas don't exist, and Sun is badly placed from the places indicated, then only a relation of Jupiter with Lagna/Lagna lord can give spirituality through a Guru.But the religion of his country/ community of birth is shown by Sun, and if Sun is badly placed, the native can reject his own religion and take to other faith.Those who did this, they had this combinations in theirs charts.
I'm a such a case, myself, because I'm born in a Christian family, but I had adopted the Vedic ancient Truths (although I'm not initiated yet, in a authentic vedic spiritual school).
If even this link's don't exist, we must see from Chara Atmakaraka planet, instead of the lagna lord.
These theachings are from the students of Sanjay Rath.I've adopted these teachings because I've seen that they works.

In the given chart, the Sun has argala on Lagna, but is defeated in Graha Yuddha by Saturn.Moon, the Lagna lord and CharaKaraka planet, is not in kendra or trikona from Sun.Mercury is the dispositor of Jupiter and is with Sun and in Rasi Drishti with Moon, but I don't think that this native has tried to worship Sri Visnu (Mercury) or another deity who is shown by Mercury.Who will do that, if is a ignorant/ indifferent person?

Marian

With due respects to all teachers and to you, this sharing of yours seems to firmly (almost categorically) seems to indicate, nay emphasize, that sainthood, saintly-ness, moksha (salvation) etc are ONLY possible through the Hindu path! The Sages that composed Jyotish scriptures wrote from a Sanatana Dharma (labelled as *Hinduism*) were writing from a religious perspective that probably was the only path and belief prevalent then since other religious paths etc came later. This represents too literal an interpretation and will be difficult to accept in modern times. This is one reason why I insist that religion and religious beliefs pose problems and become divisive when astrology (jyotish) becomes entwined with it. Beyond metaphors, of course!

There is perhaps ONE GOD that expresses through different paths (religions) and their unique perspectives, and astrology like the rest of the creation was created by The SAME!

Just saying it as I believe, and not wishing to offend you or express disrespect towards what you choose to believe.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

Vedas and Vedangas are all written from the point of view of God, and thus Jyotish has an absolute language to describe the Truth.This science, Jyotish, describes anything that exist in Creation, and hence describes also the lives of all the people, be they Sanatana Dharma persons or Non Sanatana Dharma persons.And again, Vedas and Vedangas, because they emanate from God, it is only one true absolute language in them.
Because Kali yuga has begun since 5000 years ago, on Earth has appeared Non Sanatana Dharma populations (so called mleccha- see Bhavishya Purana), and to help even those populations, the Vedas and Vedangas were rewritten for those people.Hence, exists today many sastras like Bible or Coran to match the level of understanding of those people.Even at the level of astrology, this thing it happened.You can see the astrological books of the Western world.You will not find the exact delimitation between concepts like mind or soul, and this is so even for the spiritual sastras like Bible or Coran.You can ask an western astrologer and a Christian what is the soul and you will understand what I mean.Ask a western astrologer about the after life passage of the soul.
But this don't mean that the Non Sanatana Dharma populations are left outside by God.No, those who are sincere followers of their sastras (Bible, Coran etc.) and their teachers (Jesus Christ, Mahomed etc.) will make advance, but they will not enter directly on the Spiritual World (it will take some time).
If you will understand that exist only ONE GOD you will understand everything.Only those who don't understand this Truth will believe that those who are following Sanatana Dharma are sectarian, but the Truth is exactly the opposite.

Marian

Crystalpages

Vedas and Vedangas are all written from the point of view of God, and thus Jyotish has an absolute language to describe the Truth.This science, Jyotish, describes anything that exist in Creation, and hence describes also the lives of all the people, be they Sanatana Dharma persons or Non Sanatana Dharma persons.And again, Vedas and Vedangas, because they emanate from God, it is only one true absolute language in them.
Because Kali yuga has begun since 5000 years ago, on Earth has appeared Non Sanatana Dharma populations (so called mleccha- see Bhavishya Purana), and to help even those populations, the Vedas and Vedangas were rewritten for those people.Hence, exists today many sastras like Bible or Coran to match the level of understanding of those people.Even at the level of astrology, this thing it happened.You can see the astrological books of the Western world.You will not find the exact delimitation between concepts like mind or soul, and this is so even for the spiritual sastras like Bible or Coran.You can ask an western astrologer and a Christian what is the soul and you will understand what I mean.Ask a western astrologer about the after life passage of the soul.
But this don't mean that the Non Sanatana Dharma populations are left outside by God.No, those who are sincere followers of their sastras (Bible, Coran etc.) and their teachers (Jesus Christ, Mahomed etc.) will make advance, but they will not enter directly on the Spiritual World (it will take some time).
If you will understand that exist only ONE GOD you will understand everything.Only those who don't understand this Truth will believe that those who are following Sanatana Dharma are sectarian, but the Truth is exactly the opposite.

Marian

Outside the scope of this thread, anyways -- and perhaps beyond that of this section and board! Let us return to vimshamsha etc! ;-)

I searched but could not find any passage that insisted that the finer vargas should be looked at ONLY if kshetra prompts us to do so! Please do share the source etc which made you claim so, what you wrote earlier!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

marian12345

All the divisional charts we must analyse only togheter with the Rasi chart (D-1).And about the source, I've said that is from the teachings of some students of Sanjay Rath.

Marian

Crystalpages

All the divisional charts we must analyse only togheter with the Rasi chart (D-1).And about the source, I've said that is from the teachings of some students of Sanjay Rath.

Marian

Oh okay, thanks for that clarification! I thought you were making that statement from some scriptural text which you had referred to earlier. Like BPHS or US, etc.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan