Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6601  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:55 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I grew up Christian and have about 5 bibles in my house but I havenít read them in years.

Have you finished any of them? I was given an International Version Bible by a girl who wanted to convince me to adopt Christian. I was only able to read all the versions of the same story about Jesus and I was done, the story about the other prophets just bored me out. But that experience was very Gemini Mercury to me. I learned a lot about the basic structure of the Bible and I can see where all the Bible reference comes from.

__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6602  
Unread 09-25-2019, 03:34 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

I just realized, much to my horror and embarrassment, that I'm horrible at reading horary for myself. I have a high chance of getting a 1H Saturn for every chart I draw. One time I even got a void Moon for my chart. I guess that is because I always ask questions when I'm highly emotional. But it's hard to be both unemotional and want to ask a question. I've seen people doing horary charts for themselves, but guess I haven't reached that point yet


Oh well, I'll just stick to Tarot for my own questions then, at least until I learn to be less emotional.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6603  
Unread 09-25-2019, 04:57 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I just realized, much to my horror and embarrassment, that I'm horrible at reading horary for myself. I have a high chance of getting a 1H Saturn for every chart I draw. One time I even got a void Moon for my chart. I guess that is because I always ask questions when I'm highly emotional. But it's hard to be both unemotional and want to ask a question. I've seen people doing horary charts for themselves, but guess I haven't reached that point yet


Oh well, I'll just stick to Tarot for my own questions then, at least until I learn to be less emotional.
I donít think that means youíre horrible at doing horary for yourself. It just gives you information about the nature of questions you are able to ask in such a way that the chart can be radical. Itís good information to have about the scope of the tool. Tarot is more forgiving, but I also find the cards to lie. Or, rather, I can make them give me the desired answer when it isnít true. Confession under duress.

Anyway itís annoying to not have a reliable tool because of course you want guidance when your emotional mind is cloudy or when things seem uncertain.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (09-25-2019)
  #6604  
Unread 09-25-2019, 05:11 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,718
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

@ Sun conjunction

The last season I paid keen attention to was 2007-2008, when Avram Grant was the manager at Chelsea. I wanted them to win the Champion's League (really I wanted Manchester United to lose) because I wanted to see all the bandwagonists wail, nash their teeth and jump ship. But Man United was totally in the flow that year, and the combo of Rooney and C. Ronaldo was magical.

The 2008 Euros and the 2010 world cup were also the last ones that I followed keenly, since my interest in keeping abreast of all the players, teams and strategies began to wane. The Spanish team that was active in those years was definitely a golden generation. Ridiculously talented and great team synergy.

I did football, martial arts, track, cricket (put it down after a year), table tennis and I was in dance tropes as a small child for a couple of years. The only regret I had was that I didn't take up the drums or guitar and stuck with it. They made you play recorders in elementary, which I was good at and was singled out for, but I eventually began to be delinquent about carrying the instrument in class and got punished as a result. I made it into a game though, since I tried to write as much lines as I possibly could in an hour, always trying to beat my personal best. I remember my highest number being over 200.

I like the idea, it would fit that culminating Mars among Aquarius planets if you were successful in opening up a sports academy. I'd share something related to that in my own life but then that would be too revealing.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6605  
Unread 09-25-2019, 05:21 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,718
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Never played pro, so couldn't tell you. As well as the youth league, I played for my high school team.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6606  
Unread 09-25-2019, 05:43 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 24,354
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I donít think that means youíre horrible at doing horary for yourself. It just gives you information about the nature of questions you are able to ask in such a way that the chart can be radical. Itís good information to have about the scope of the tool. Tarot is more forgiving, but I also find the cards to lie. Or, rather, I can make them give me the desired answer when it isnít true. Confession under duress.

Anyway itís annoying to not have a reliable tool because of course you want guidance when your emotional mind is cloudy or when things seem uncertain.
Ever tried throwing coins for I Ching readings?
Reply With Quote
  #6607  
Unread 09-25-2019, 06:16 AM
passiflora's Avatar
passiflora passiflora is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Ever tried throwing coins for I Ching readings?
No, but it sounds elegant!
Reply With Quote
  #6608  
Unread 09-25-2019, 06:20 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 24,354
Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
No, but it sounds elegant!
Yes. Elegant and very ancient. Goes back to King Wen, c.3000 B.C.E.
Very popular in the 1960s.
Reply With Quote
  #6609  
Unread 09-25-2019, 11:23 AM
SunConjunctUranus SunConjunctUranus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,694
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Conspiracy

Ohhhh!?

You see, how Didi Drogba when celebrated clutch goals? Always in the name of O Supreme Lord Jesus Christ's sign!!! That was my favorite!

[To be continued]
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunConjunctUranus For This Useful Post:
conspiracy theorist (09-25-2019)
  #6610  
Unread 09-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
I donít think that means youíre horrible at doing horary for yourself. It just gives you information about the nature of questions you are able to ask in such a way that the chart can be radical. Itís good information to have about the scope of the tool. Tarot is more forgiving, but I also find the cards to lie. Or, rather, I can make them give me the desired answer when it isnít true. Confession under duress.

Anyway itís annoying to not have a reliable tool because of course you want guidance when your emotional mind is cloudy or when things seem uncertain.
These days I mostly do reading with my TdM. I like it because it has the most neutral images out of all decks I have, so it doesn't do too much pampering or too much negativity. But after hearing about how the cards can lie I think I have to reevaluate my decks
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6611  
Unread 09-25-2019, 11:49 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,718
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

@G8

I remember you asked me about how you could be so reserved despite having an Aries Rising + Moon, and if it had to do with it's progressions into Taurus. I think there are a couple of explanations. The one I want to focus on is the fact of your chart being a night chart, which according to sect theory means that there is a temperance of more aggressive energies as a result of the cooling of the night. This also means that the coldness increases naturally "cool" energies too, like the Moon and Venus, and makes Saturn more frigid and intemperate.

You could go through some of the placements of planets in signs and compare the differences of them compared to them being in day vs. night charts.
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aries-moon.html

Then, it's a Virgo Mars that rules your ascendant, which will increase strategic action and decrease wanton recklessness and acting out, all the more so when it's cooled by the night. It's said to be a good placement for military strategists as a result.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Gemini888 (09-25-2019)
  #6612  
Unread 09-25-2019, 01:49 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Have you finished any of them? I was given an International Version Bible by a girl who wanted to convince me to adopt Christian. I was only able to read all the versions of the same story about Jesus and I was done, the story about the other prophets just bored me out. But that experience was very Gemini Mercury to me. I learned a lot about the basic structure of the Bible and I can see where all the Bible reference comes from.
I take it your family isnít religious?

I grew up with it and have a basic idea of the ĎFather, the Son and the Holy Spirit.í I remember I used to go to bible camp study and I was one of the youngest there, about 8 years old I would read out a verse from Genesis about cows and sheep and all the young people would groan because they heard it the night before and night before that lol

Iíve never read it like I would a book and deliberately sit down with it but the last time I used the bible was about 3/4 years ago during a particularly difficult night of soul searching and asked god for guidance and opened up the book to where I was drawn to, and it ended up being quite a famous passage that is good for soul-searching (canít remember what t is off the top of my head).

Next time I use the bible it will be the same scenario. I believe in God, but I think religion is just a path you can choose but you can get there without it. I donít think Christianity has the authority on it.

God to me is pure consciousness, what cane before the Big Bang and we are all derived from that.
Reply With Quote
  #6613  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:01 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Thank you, uk! Repent and stop worshiping planetary spirits. A Catholic monk, Nicholas Coppernicus, have been exposing them many thousand years ago.
I donít worship planetary spirits but I do believe that archetypes can be connected with. I connected with Lilith one sleepless night before I had an experience of being completely present for like 28 hours (which I refer to as Satori).

Lilith is an amazing goddess. Sheís been continually used and abused and is great for any people who can relate to being a misfit but especially women who have experienced being condemned. It makes you stronger and wiser. Her energy is powerful but wise, understanding. Thereís no innocence because it was taken away from her. But sheís there if anyone else feels abandoned or scapegoated.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 09-25-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6614  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:02 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

*18 not 28 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #6615  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
@G8

I remember you asked me about how you could be so reserved despite having an Aries Rising + Moon, and if it had to do with it's progressions into Taurus. I think there are a couple of explanations. The one I want to focus on is the fact of your chart being a night chart, which according to sect theory means that there is a temperance of more aggressive energies as a result of the cooling of the night. This also means that the coldness increases naturally "cool" energies too, like the Moon and Venus, and makes Saturn more frigid and intemperate.

You could go through some of the placements of planets in signs and compare the differences of them compared to them being in day vs. night charts.
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aries-moon.html

Then, it's a Virgo Mars that rules your ascendant, which will increase strategic action and decrease wanton recklessness and acting out, all the more so when it's cooled by the night. It's said to be a good placement for military strategists as a result.
Hey, that's a cool website. For once a website that doesn't fall into the pop astrology **** rambling. I have bookmarked it.


Oh, and I have been wondering this for some time now, but when did the father/mother indicators swap place between the 10H/4H? I can understand how modern changes a lot of trad's original significators, but that one just seems out of nowhere.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6616  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I take it your family isnít religious?

I grew up with it and have a basic idea of the ĎFather, the Son and the Holy Spirit.í I remember I used to go to bible camp study and I was one of the youngest there, about 8 years old I would read out a verse from Genesis about cows and sheep and all the young people would groan because they heard it the night before and night before that lol

Iíve never read it like I would a book and deliberately sit down with it but the last time I used the bible was about 3/4 years ago during a particularly difficult night of soul searching and asked god for guidance and opened up the book to where I was drawn to, and it ended up being quite a famous passage that is good for soul-searching (canít remember what t is off the top of my head).

Next time I use the bible it will be the same scenario. I believe in God, but I think religion is just a path you can choose but you can get there without it. I donít think Christianity has the authority on it.

God to me is pure consciousness, what cane before the Big Bang and we are all derived from that.
No, my family has never been religious, and the day I adopted Camus's belief was the day of no return for my religious belief. I respect everyone's religion though and I have zero intention to argue against your faith in God. I have seen a lot of people claiming to be "saved" by God, some of some are even my friends, so I guess they are onto something. If God works for you then I hope he will continues to help you for a long time
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6617  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
No, my family has never been religious, and the day I adopted Camus's belief was the day of no return for my religious belief. I respect everyone's religion though and I have zero intention to argue against your faith in God. I have seen a lot of people claiming to be "saved" by God, some of some are even my friends, so I guess they are onto something. If God works for you then I hope he will continues to help you for a long time
I donít believe in the Christian God, so I wouldnít argue that side anyway but I believe in a god. I donít identify with any religion but take what I can from any sieve that I think has some truth to it.

ĎAll roads lead to Rome.í

My Gran said, Ďnever talk about religion or politics.í
Reply With Quote
  #6618  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Source not sieve. (iPhone)
Reply With Quote
  #6619  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:43 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Have any of you seen the "Psychology Horoscope" on Astro.com? Basically you draw your chart and that will be a report of your overall personality, done in a rather psychoanalysis fashion. I've seen a bit of the preview and they don't mention any placements to back up their claim. I don't know if the full report have them or not, but I'm not so impressed by the preview. Plus, I have to pay $65 something for a PDF file, and I'm not paying for something I could have done research on myself.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6620  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:44 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Whatís Camus belief btw? Havenít heard of that.
Reply With Quote
  #6621  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:44 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

How is the work UK? You said somewhere you're quite stressed out.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6622  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
How is the work UK? You said somewhere you're quite stressed out.
Well I quit my job just as I was successful for the interview and then the manager went on holiday for 4 weeks and phoned me and said my previous job wouldnít give me a reference, so she said without a reference I canít start the job. I need 1 more and my 3rd previous job was 4 years ago which she said is too late, so I basically donít have any job lined up now and Iíve been super stressed about that..

So Iím currently going through a stressful time. Need a **** job. And need to stop giving people chances when they prove themselves wrong the first time around.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 09-25-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6623  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:49 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Whatís Camus belief btw? Havenít heard of that.
Albert Camus. I believe I talked about this a long time ago. So Camus proposed the idea of "absurdism", meaning everything in this world just happens for no reason, and the meaning of the world is just a human's invention. So the best thing you can do is to go create your own meaning, anything you see fit. You are not bounded to any limiting definition of belief, the world is as good as you make it out to be.
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
  #6624  
Unread 09-25-2019, 02:55 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
Albert Camus. I believe I talked about this a long time ago. So Camus proposed the idea of "absurdism", meaning everything in this world just happens for no reason, and the meaning of the world is just a human's invention. So the best thing you can do is to go create your own meaning, anything you see fit. You are not bounded to any limiting definition of belief, the world is as good as you make it out to be.
Yeah I agree with basically that. I think the Ancient Egyptians believed in chaos, hence Ďchaos magicí because they believed chaos was evil and caused trouble.

I basically believe religion is man-made too but it can contain wisdom because some of the people in it were genuinely spiritual.
Reply With Quote
  #6625  
Unread 09-25-2019, 03:06 PM
Gemini888's Avatar
Gemini888 Gemini888 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,544
Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Well I quit my job just as I was successful for the interview and then the manager went on holiday for 4 weeks and phoned me and said my previous job wouldnít give me a reference, so she said without a reference I canít start the job. I need 1 more and my 3rd previous job was 4 years ago which she said is too late, so I basically donít have any job lined up now and Iíve been super stressed about that..

So Iím currently going through a stressful time. Need a **** job. And need to stop giving people chances when they prove themselves wrong the first time around.
So sorry about the job Is there any more option you can look into?
__________________
A birth chart is like a check board. Improve your position and you'll win.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.