People on the astral plane

Vagabondgirl

Are they real or just made up by your brain?

Now I just spoke to a woman standing by the sofa where I fell asleep, she said her name was Miriam and tried to explain me how I will be able to have kids later and why I had a misscarriage. She was talking about some receptor, FAS receptor, to be the cause. I have no idea what this receptor does really, but Ive heard the name before. Dont know if this is true though... I could ask her stuff and she would answer, almost like how the intuition works during daytime, just more straightforward clear answers with this woman. She was a beautiful woman in her late 20s or early 30s, with platina blonde hair, clear blue eyes, pale skin and wearing some silver dress or cape. It really felt like she was there...She started talking in my mind when I was in another dream before I "came back" to where I was sleeping and saw her. I asked if I could touch her and she took out her hand and I touched her and I could feel it like physically in my hand. It felt like I could ask her anything and she would answer. But it was a bit scary so I tried to wake up quickly!

Anyone else experience something similar? Who are these people? Fiction of the imagination? Or something else??

ariesgurl

I would say that I have seen images while in a lucid state of sleep but I have never had conversations with them. Not sure if I would want to either, I find it terrifying enough just seeing them. Would be nice to have one of them answer unknown questions for me though!

dr. farr

From my studies and experiments, they are as "real" (on that plane of manifestation) as birds and bees are on this plane of manifestation...

Last edited:

retinoid

I am not sure if I had any real experiences but I do believe there are many realms and there are astral beings. However there is a difference between being in the mind and being in the astral. How to differentiate, I am not sure. But you probably need to have your lower mind 'disabled' first...and deep meditation, trance, drugs or deep sleep could do that among other things such as training your mind.

Jesusistheway

Do you protect yourself when your aware that your in these states? I would say a little prayer to your guardian so they could make sure you go off to a place you could encounter a negative entity or spirit. I would also say that perhaps it is real cause you experienced something real, however it sounds like she was getting information for you from a higher source? hmm. If you woke up renewed okay I see nothing wrong with it, but if you felt yucky or negative then perhaps guard your astral spirit. I closed off talking in telepathy or so I thought until tonight and then a good spirt interrupted us all. So we can have peace of mind. Also St Michael is good for protection in these states. Not sure if I helped much.

Vagabondgirl

I dont protect myself actively. This is just what happens to my when I sleep quite often, I havent tried to seek them out exactly... When I was a kid I could feel another person in my room sometimes. I havent experienced any negative spirits or anything like that before. Just one time there were some dwarf looking beings, small entities, a few of them. They seemed a bit negative, but they didnt like me. I tried to go near them and they just ran away. I have been able to create some "light" from the astral body sometimes.

I've had 2 strange encounters with 'other beings' in my life. One was a spirit conversing with me. The second was me and an astral being coming into contact. Whatever it is, whereever they are, and whatever they are - they are real !

retinoid

I've had 2 strange encounters with 'other beings' in my life. One was a spirit conversing with me. The second was me and an astral being coming into contact. Whatever it is, whereever they are, and whatever they are - they are real !

Yes either way there are other whatevers all around us or 'behind us' all the time. We just don't know about it and maybe some of them don't either. I think when you are in deep meditation or on certain drugs you are disabled in a sense of whatever is tying you here. I know when I was on certain drugs and was in bed I felt like there were beings surrounding my bed talking to me and I was talking back to them. I remember saying 'yes I will do that for you' but don't remember the rest of the conversation. Perhaps many of them want things done here for them. Perhaps many are spirits who are still attached to their old lives here. I don't know. In 'Many Lives, Many Masters', one of the first books about reincarnation, he said one of the 'masters' that was channeled into his psychiatric patient said that people most often enter the astral world unintentionally through drug use.

surrealsuburb123

Do you think there are certain things in the natal chart which can indicate someone being prone to astral travel or these type of situations? Like Moon in aspect to Neptune in the 9th house? I always thought astral travel had to do with Neptune and Moon in relation to the 9th house of travel. :unsure:

I don't know, but this post got me thinking of that.

knowhow999

I am just finishing reading, The Last Frontier:Exploring the Afterlife and Transforming Our Fear of Death by Julia Assante PhD. her insight into the realms of existence as a psychic and professional are very informative and helpful.
I do not think we have to fearful the unseen world in the manner that Hollywood and organized doctrinal religious bodies have prepped us to be. Check out her insights into the world beyond the physical realm. I think you will find it revealing and empowering as well.:smile:

retinoid

And how 'real' is that one wonders - just my opinion but it is said frequently "It's all in the mind" :smile:

Yes JupiterAsc, isn't the astral world very similar to our world of many forms? Consciousness expressing itself? Plotinus (and many of Plato's teachings), which were very similar to Hindu and Taoists, taught that the ONE was the ultimate self and everything, even the spiritual worlds originated from that indescribable origination and desired to return.

mrdecc

Premium Member
'I' am of the current belief that astral entities are both real and in the mind that is to say they impress upon your mind and your mind gives them form, 'I' am not sure if the entities have much say in the form given, for 'me' the form did not seem to matter as the message and general feel of the entity become the most important things.

Sagakkan

I have had some experiences like the OP describes, I wonder about whether or not the contact was with, for instance, someone who might live in Texas and have two dogs that through mastery was able to contact me remotely,

Or, if it was a being who wasn't really perceivable in ordinary reality,

Or, if it was a projection of some part of myself with superior wisdom.

The jury is still out on which of these it is, but what they say is as important as anything, I believe, and you probably want to pay attention to it.

Zarathu

Account Closed
The Tibetan Book of the Dead had some pretty clear descriptions as does Ken Wilber(a Buddhist Philosopher) in his descriptions of their writing.

They have studied the death states for many thousands of years, taking them selves into them without completely dying.

There are many ascended individuals within the very very very old traditions of the Tibetan religions going back 10,000 years in oral traditions.

The various non-corporal states are described. They are what happens when we all die and gradually give up the various bodies that are necessary to grow and learn in this dense physical world. Those who have stopped or who are progressing through the various less and less corporal conditions until one-nees takes place with the Soul in preparation for the outward push back into phsycial plane life can be seen by those who know, and have clairvoyance.

dr. farr

We also find similar extensive descriptions in Vedic and Buddhist and (some) Taoist literature, as well as in Hermetic and Theosophical material.

Virinchi

i had these many times.. mostly in sleep.
most conversations/messages i get from others have actually become true in real life

Had spoke to spirits,alive people and angels too

princess valhalla

Do you think there are certain things in the natal chart which can indicate someone being prone to astral travel or these type of situations? Like Moon in aspect to Neptune in the 9th house? I always thought astral travel had to do with Neptune and Moon in relation to the 9th house of travel. :unsure:

I don't know, but this post got me thinking of that.

I think so. I have moon conjunct venus in the 9th house. I have sun conjunct neptune in the 8th house. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I had an out of body experience. I was just falling asleep when it happened, I was taking a nap. I was floating above myself and started floating up. I panicked, however, was really frightened, as this had never happened before and it felt weird. I got stuck on the ceiling. I was literally fighting myself to go back down. Eventually I did and that was that. Lol

Have had other weird experiences but that is a different story! :tongue:

knowhow999

I have had OOB experiences since age 7. It wasn't until I stepped out of my religious fear of the unseen and with protection allowed myself to fully sense the unseen that all kinds of things began to occur.
The astral realm is real. I think it is multi layered. The lower portions of it can indeed be frightening and I do not recommend attempting to go there.
The higher levels are wonderous to behold.
Read up on traveling there before you go and do take protection with you.
Prayers and guardian spirits are powerful and must be used.
Lots of learned folks are available like Doreen Virtue, James Van Praagh, etc. Check things out before you venture into the unseen world. Parts of it are hidden for a good reason.

Blessings & Light
Knowhow999:happy: