Temperament

dr. farr

Notice how the calculator Moog references gives compound temperaments in both cases: Moog has the choleric/phlegmatic krasis and Sandstone the melancholic/choleric krasis; as I posted earlier, most people are a compound usually of 2 and sometimes even of 3 tempermant elements, usually with one predominating but oftentimes with 2 alternating, depending upon the circumstances and specific influences activating now one of the temperaments present, and now the other.

JUPITERASC

Notice how the calculator Moog references gives compound temperaments in both cases: Moog has the choleric/phlegmatic krasis and Sandstone the melancholic/choleric krasis; as I posted earlier, most people are a compound usually of 2 and sometimes even of 3 tempermant elements, usually with one predominating but oftentimes with 2 alternating, depending upon the circumstances and specific influences activating now one of the temperaments present, and now the other.

I'm just Sanguine - seems there's an exception to every rule... and remember that includes exceptions
:smile:

Lightrider

I have to get that book by Greenabum, it seems to be very interesting. Also that temperament calculator is very useful. Well not much to me, but it was fun nonetheless (coordinates system was a ***** to figure out...).

Choleric: 0
Melancholic: 8
Sanguine: 1
Phlegmatic: 3

Retrograde Jupiter in the ASC is the only hot planet in my chart. Melancholic is my middle name...

o-(a_a)-o

sandstone

Banned
i definitely concur dr. farr.. i think phlegmatic is a bigger part of my pic then melancholic too, so i think one has to take the data with a 'grain of salt' if that is okay with rebel u..

i note the program that moog has shared here isn't using whole sign houses... it seems to evaluate the data a certain way based on an orb that is written into the program that we don't get told about.. i don't know what it is, and am not surprised they don't make this info readily available.. i think it is a fun program to play around with that might have some use, but i would qualify this to a degree and remind folks to remain skeptical on the data gotten on temperament based on my impressions anyway...

Moog

Yeah, first thing I thought was, how do I change the house system :whistling:

Interesting that this is the first temperament calculator that pegs me with a substantial level of cholera. I've always known it's there :devil:

There's a thread on skyscript about the application, you could probably pose questions there? I haven't yet signed up for that forum

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5955

sandstone

Banned
thanks moog.. i am not sure if this is my melancholic or phlegmatic side speaking, but i will ask him at a later time as i am curious.. thanks for pointing the thread out to me.. i read the 4 pages of it..

tsmall

Premium Member
I haven't tried the calculator (nope, haven't been able to figure it out yet) but most of you here know me pretty well...last time I took a temperament test it was after reading some personality book (if I thought for a few days, I could come up with the title, but it had nothing to do with astrology..) I got Choleric/Sanguine, almost equal, with Choleric winning. Sound about right?

JUPITERASC pure Sanguine? NOO, the type face never would have been a clue..:whistling:

Sanguine: I just want to have fun
Choleric/Sanguine: Do it my way and we can all have fun

Rebel Uranian

Here are my results:

Choleric: 4
Melancholic: 4
Sanguine: 2
Phlegmatic: 3

Melancholic/choleric: Now do it my way and we all suffer together!

I'd go with the choleric/sanguine if I were you.

Last edited:

Lightrider

For some reason, whatever system i use my chart looks roughly the same to me.

Not being a choleric at all seems so much like me. I seldom act that way.

dr. farr

Rebel Uranian:
Choleric/melancholic krasis: Fire and Earth; in Chinese 5 element theory Fire is the "Mother" of Earth (Fire produces Earth) Can indicate a temperament which "blows hot and cold", but also where Earth can modify the potential excesses of Fire, and where Fire can warm up Earth (and thereby reduce the potential excess cold connected with Earth)

MSO

A bit of a shock, I'm sure...

Choleric: 3
Melancholic: 3
Sanguine: 5
Phlegmatic: 1

Who'da thunk I'd be Sanguine? :lol:

Last edited:

sandstone

Banned
tamara - my solarfire prog says you are all balanced, lol... it couldn't pick a side when it saw all the libra i guess... try the prog moog left and let me know what it says if you feel like..

JUPITERASC

I haven't tried the calculator (nope, haven't been able to figure it out yet) but most of you here know me pretty well...last time I took a temperament test it was after reading some personality book (if I thought for a few days, I could come up with the title, but it had nothing to do with astrology..) I got Choleric/Sanguine, almost equal, with Choleric winning. Sound about right?

JUPITERASC pure Sanguine? NOO, the type face never would have been a clue..:whistling:

Sanguine: I just want to have fun
Choleric/Sanguine: Do it my way and we can all have fun
tsmall are you being Sirius when you say that? I mean Siriusly... Remember - Non semper es sunt quae videntur....... Things are not always what they seem and is any software infallible? QED :smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
Firstly, I want to thank all of my friends here (and yes, you all are) for forcing me to install a new browser on my computer so I could try this out. :annoyed:

Here's the thing, the results came up (based on my chart, and wasn't that fun trying to get the ASC right...have I mentioned that I hate math? GMT minus what plus daylight savings time?)

Choleric: 1
Melancholic: 6
Sanguine: 4
Phlegmatic: 1

But (isn't there always one with me? :joyful:)

I got "modifiers" in the form of Moon square Mars = Choleric
and ASC conj. Sun = Choleric

how "Choleric" do the modifiers make a person?

I am seriously grooving on the 6 score for Melancholy, though. :smile:

JUPITERASC, of course nothing is ever what it seems. :smile: And I like the typeface, so there. Software infallible? Just got a 0x0000007E error on windows XP Pro on my oldest's laptop.:pinched:

And of course, we are looking at an interpretation that takes into account the tropical zodiac. Is there a way to change the zodiac setting? :lol:

dr. farr

I would definitely question attributing elemental (ie temperament affinitive) qualities to aspects (as this program apparently does)-I KNOW this was not done in the earlier Hellenist and Islamic-transitional era, and is not done in Vedic astrology; however, it is an interesting wrinkle (just because it wasn't done in the oldtimes doesn't mean its wrong!!)...and, I think ascribing elemental qualities to aspects based upon the dominant planet in that aspect, was done in medieval and Renaissance European astrology.

sandstone

Banned
solar fire program 7.3.1 version is using lillys method apparently.. tsmall comes out 2 hot, 2 cold, 2 wet, 2 dry..
i come out phlegmatic on the solar fire, whereas i am apparently a very melancholic baby on this prog..

MSO

solar fire program 7.3.1 version is using lillys method apparently.. tsmall comes out 2 hot, 2 cold, 2 wet, 2 dry..
i come out phlegmatic on the solar fire, whereas i am apparently a very melancholic baby on this prog..

How do you get to that on Solar Fire? I've been trying to figure it out for a while...