fiance's classes to boost his career?

isismagdalenne

As I stated in my other thread (the one with no chart) I was wondering about Saturn in the first. I read one of the considerations of saturn in the first was that it may compromise or restrict the ability of the astrologer to jugde the chart IF the querent IS the astrologer. I wasnt sure what to think about this one, because though I am asking the question, it is not ABOUT me directly. I didnt even plan to take the 1st house as a significator for myself when I started making the chart. However, the question IS about my fiance. I have asked, "will the classes my fiance is taking be a benefit to his career"
He is a union laborer. For the first 3 years he worked exclusively as a mason tender. Since then he has been doing that, road crew, and concrete pour...and a few other things less frequently. All in all, construction (saturn? I couldve sworn I read that in Manly P Hall, Astrological Keys. I cant go get it right this second though) He has taken all the aprentice classes that are required and now that he is a journeyman, he has stated taking the optional advanced journeyman classes. The one he took last week was on GPS and this week is the advanced class of that it is GPS total station. He is thinking this could lead out of the grunt pool and into the more superviseral ...more specialized work. Maybe even being a foreman with a company truck after like 4 or 5 years or so. Ok, I know that was long, but now...time for the chart stuff. So he is the 7th, which makes him Jupiter. His school is the 9th (3rd from 7th?) which will be Venus, and his success is 12 (4th from 9th, which Im not sure I understand why it would be that, because in a non-turned chart - wouldnt that be the 6th house? success is seen there?) but anyway, that would be the sun. (I used alcabitius houses)

Jupiter is +0 and peregrin, which Im not sure what that means in reference to Eric. Venus is strong in Pisces but just changed signs. Maybe thats talking about changing focus in the job aspirations. Only a semi-square seperating between jupiter and venus....I dunno maybe its because when I woke up this morning I noticed he left half the cr ap he packed to take with him lol. Jupiter is in the 7th and venus is in the 6th. I admit, when it comes to career questions I dont know what the 7th would mean. lets seeeee, The sun (his success) his also there in aries in the 7th with jupiter but will not make a conj for 7 more degrees ( I get confused what orb is acceptable) but right after the sun gets to jupiter it will hit a opposition with that saturn. So, the moon is peregrine and in the 5th. and leaving a square with merc (me?) (Im not thrilled if it will make him work a ton of hours..) moon is applying conj to mars, but mars is not a sig, so I dont know if that counts for anything. And moon just left trine with Asc. Ok so thats about the best I can do at this point. so here is the chart.

Attachments

• classes horary-e.jpg
    classes horary-e.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 27

26Degree

As I stated in my other thread (the one with no chart) I was wondering about Saturn in the first. I read one of the considerations of saturn in the first was that it may compromise or restrict the ability of the astrologer to jugde the chart IF the querent IS the astrologer. I wasnt sure what to think about this one, because though I am asking the question, it is not ABOUT me directly. I didnt even plan to take the 1st house as a significator for myself when I started making the chart. However, the question IS about my fiance. I have asked, "will the classes my fiance is taking be a benefit to his career"
He is a union laborer. For the first 3 years he worked exclusively as a mason tender. Since then he has been doing that, road crew, and concrete pour...and a few other things less frequently. All in all, construction (saturn? I couldve sworn I read that in Manly P Hall, Astrological Keys. I cant go get it right this second though) He has taken all the aprentice classes that are required and now that he is a journeyman, he has stated taking the optional advanced journeyman classes. The one he took last week was on GPS and this week is the advanced class of that it is GPS total station. He is thinking this could lead out of the grunt pool and into the more superviseral ...more specialized work. Maybe even being a foreman with a company truck after like 4 or 5 years or so. Ok, I know that was long, but now...time for the chart stuff. So he is the 7th, which makes him Jupiter. His school is the 9th (3rd from 7th?) which will be Venus, and his success is 12 (4th from 9th, which Im not sure I understand why it would be that, because in a non-turned chart - wouldnt that be the 6th house? success is seen there?) but anyway, that would be the sun. (I used alcabitius houses)

Jupiter is +0 and peregrin, which Im not sure what that means in reference to Eric. Venus is strong in Pisces but just changed signs. Maybe thats talking about changing focus in the job aspirations. Only a semi-square seperating between jupiter and venus....I dunno maybe its because when I woke up this morning I noticed he left half the cr ap he packed to take with him lol. Jupiter is in the 7th and venus is in the 6th. I admit, when it comes to career questions I dont know what the 7th would mean. lets seeeee, The sun (his success) his also there in aries in the 7th with jupiter but will not make a conj for 7 more degrees ( I get confused what orb is acceptable) but right after the sun gets to jupiter it will hit a opposition with that saturn. So, the moon is peregrine and in the 5th. and leaving a square with merc (me?) (Im not thrilled if it will make him work a ton of hours..) moon is applying conj to mars, but mars is not a sig, so I dont know if that counts for anything. And moon just left trine with Asc. Ok so thats about the best I can do at this point. so here is the chart.
If you turn the chart to make 7th house cusp the ASC, not only there's no aspects between Jupiter & Venus, Saturn is on the 7th house directly opposing Jupiter. The chart is not radical I'm afraid. Also the Moon has also been through a sreies of bad aspects...

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with acquring new career related skills, it might just take some time to find out if it's worthwhile. Perhaps wait until he completes the classes and ask the question again?

isismagdalenne

yeah, I can do that. I had wondered if maybe it was a "too far down the road" kinda question. We have just been pretty poor the last few years, so hope at the end of the tunnel was lookin nice. But its ok, I can pay my dues for a few more years with mac and cheese for dinner:)

RayAustin

Hello again Isis,
As I stated in my other thread (the one with no chart) I was wondering about Saturn in the first. I read one of the considerations of saturn in the first was that it may compromise or restrict the ability of the astrologer to jugde the chart IF the querent IS the astrologer.
Since you're asking, I would use you as the ascendant and vice versa. In my experience Saturn in the first house isn't an automatic no, but it always shows certain delay in the matter. This says maybe the classes wouldn't benefit immediately if they did, or perhaps he would be delayed in taking them.

So I made the chart in regiomontanus and the ascendant/dsc is Libra/Aries.. So he's Sun/Mars. What is good, is that Sun, him is exalted (very good for your question) approaching a conjunction to Jupiter (elevation) which is in good shape being angular and in triplicity. Jupiter is also conjunct fixed star Alpheratz
Jupiter conjunct Alpheratz 0 20'
Alpheratz (or Sirrah), meaning "the horse's navel," refers to the star's position when it was a part of Pegasus. Known also as "head of the women in chains." Of the nature of Venus, Alpheratz is regarded as an indication of good fortune, wealth, honours, freedom, and love. When well placed, it brings about harmonious relationships and popularity. If close to any of the personal points, then can lead to becoming well known in public. Alpheratz is in Andromeda.
.. which is a benign influence especially for the context of your question.
However, Jupiter is opposing Saturn. So while in a generally good position something is challenging him and slowing him down. It could involve you, since Saturn is in your house. Maybe it's some responsibility towards you. Do you have children? Saturn rules 5th house. I do see that he could get a boost in his career but Saturn is holding things up.

The next and last aspect is Moon sextile Mars with real good reception from his tenth house. This is a very good sign, and I see other good things, I'm just concerned about Saturn because it shows delay.

isismagdalenne

we have 2 kids actually. But I didnt get it to move as far as a libra ASC, even when I did use reg house system...did you put in daylight savings?

isismagdalenne

I am updating...
at the beginning of this week my fianc'es BA called him and told him he had a new job for him to report to. It is the GPS job. He has worked it for 3 days now, they are already talking about giving him a company truck, work cell phone, gas credit card, and he is making extra money per hour. He is replacing a guy who retired. so, yay!

dr. farr

Following is part of my continuing test of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball method of astro-divination and is not standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format.

Since this is now a known-outcome question (yes he did advance in his career after taking the classes), what would the Magic 8 Ball have indicated?

-taking the 10th from the 7th (7th = him, 10 from 7th = his career) as quesited signifying house, Sagittarius is on that house which = Jupiter which = a "yes" answer to this question by the 8 Ball.

-if simply taking the 7th to represent him and what will happen to him, this = Pisces = Jupiter = a "yes" answer to the question

I myself would have taken the 10th from the 7th as signifying house; regardless, in taking either of the potential quesited houses (either the 7th or the 10 from the 7th), the Magic 8 Ball indicated the correct answer to this question.

Last edited:

isismagdalenne

well, the thing with this one was that I didnt really understand the signifactors I was using. A friend suggested that I use 1st for me, 7th for him, 9th for his classes, and 4th from 9th for his success. But, I must admit I didnt understand why to use these. If I take the 7th from 10th, I get the same old problem I KEEP coming across and cant get the answer to. The same significator. 7th would be Jupiter, and 10th from 7th would be Jupiter. I dont know how to do that. Is that automatic positive?

I also wanted to mention. Jupiter (my fiance) is under the sun's beams here. Alot of times Ive seen people say this reflects the subject's emotional state. And I think it worth mentioning...soon after getting this new position...My fiance went "Mr. Hyde" again. Like he occasionally does. (Still trying to work this out by tracking his transits and such, but Im still learning so not much progress on that yet) But anyhow. It affected him weirdly. He is used to intense physical aspect of the job and that wasnt there in this. He felt strange riding around on the 4 wheeler...shooting the workers some numbers and figures then going back to the trailor to sit and look over blue-prints. He mentioned that a few times he went back out to the site for no reason except to be closer to the stuff going on so it wouldnt "Seem" so much like he wasnt "working" He is used to being paid for muscles and productivity, not brains and availabilty. So it gave him some stress and he ended up bringing that stress home this week. This second week he has been rained out from the job (slow start?) And he's still acting that way he gets where he is touchy and irritable and his reactions are erratic.