Eris

CapAquaPis

Eris is the goddess of discord,bad omen and conflict, and astrologers associate the largest dwarf planet with politics, business and corporate capitalism to represent it can hold good luck depending on aspects in a natal chart or used in a horoscope.

And Eris can be assigned co rulership in Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, as well Taurus or Leo. The signs with a dual gender nature when a masculine sign is under a feminine planet named for a goddess unlike Venus or Ceres with their attributes to beauty and maternity (the moon is femininity).

Bunraku

Using Ptolemaic logic,

Eris is a body, that we consider is nocturnal. She is of night sect, and rejoices under the beneficence of the Moon. The Moon represents the ebb and flow of life, of everyday mundane happenings, its motions, and the apparent chaos that comes with it; and as the ruler of all things water, and thus representing fluid mechanics which are notoriously known for their difficulty in calculations due to the chaotic and random nature of the particles of the universe.

Eris rejoices in the feminine nocturnal signs. Eris is paralyzed if in a masculine sign, or a sign of a planet from the opposite sect (Sun, Jupiter, Saturn). Eris is of extreme, intemperate natures, from the lack of warmth from the Sun or moisture from the other beneficent planets.

She has dignity in Capricorn and Aquarius, the signs furthest away from the Sun, matching her nature of excessive coldness and dryness.

Bunraku

Eris is visible to the naked eye of those whos charts are ruled by Pluto, therefore it is sane and rational to apply this logic to Eris.

leomoon

The masculine signs are Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, and Aquarius. The Feminine signs are Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio, Capricorn, and Pisces. By understanding which duality the sign is in, you can understand on what field the energy works.

I never checked Eris before. Seems it is exactly on my MC at 05Aries, a masculine sign. However it is Trine to my Sun sign ruler Saturn and trine to Venus in Sag. Does that help or hinder? :love: Seems my husband who is Sun in Libra, (and his Venus here too) has Eris 04Aries and trine to his Mars 04Leo. Born 9 months apart, to the day!

Last edited:

CaprLibraSquared

I never checked Eris before. Seems it is exactly on my MC at 05Aries, a masculine sign. However it is Trine to my Sun sign ruler Saturn and trine to Venus in Sag. Does that help or hinder? :love: Seems my husband who is Sun in Libra, (and his Venus here too) has Eris 04Aries and trine to his Mars 04Leo. Born 9 months apart, to the day!

Eris changes signs every 100 years so everyone has Eris in Aries.

CapAquaPis

Eris in Aries, which is a strong sign placement for that dwarf planet. The midheaven or when it conjuncts Venus will make Eris stronger for some... like myself. I think Eris was in the feminine and last sign of the zodiac Pisces in the 1940s and 50s though.

CaprLibraSquared

Eris in Aries, which is a strong sign placement for that dwarf planet. The midheaven or when it conjuncts Venus will make Eris stronger for some... like myself. I think Eris was in the feminine and last sign of the zodiac Pisces in the 1940s and 50s though.

I am pretty sure Eris entered Aries around 1923.

CapAquaPis

I am pretty sure Eris entered Aries around 1923.

Oh...sidereal Pisces, my bad. I'm beginning to think the use of the moon, Venus and Eris together are highly useful, which are the most feminine planets in many modern astrologers natal charts and horoscopes. For example, an astrological part of pregnancy: Moon plus Venus minus Eris. There has been a part of pregnancy based on a bio woman's natal chart with ascendant plus moon minus venus, the ascendant is a personal point. But, anyone born from 1925-1999 has an Eris in a sign like Aries, a century of more gender equality and female empowerment.

waybread

One book on Eris that I highly recommend is Henry Seltzer, The Tenth Planet: Revelations from the Astrological Eris .

I'm not so keen on Keiron Le Grice, Discovering Eris: The Symbolism and Significance of a New Planetary Archetype. He's an evolutionary astrologer, with an analysis that to me seems to be more based on wishful thinking.

Mythological Eris was the sister of Mars/Ares, and shared her brother's warlike characteristics. I see her as the Woman Warrior.

Assigning a planet a sign rulership has to be based on a lot of research with Eris as a house cusp ruler (lord.) However, she does seem to have an affinity with the sign of Aries.

Eris has an orbital period of 558 years. It is very eliptical sometimes appearing between Pluto and Neptune. In a horoscope it would operate very differently from the conventional planets.

CapAquaPis

Currently, Eris is in tropical Aries and sidereal Pisces (soon to Aries) with still effects of the goddess of discord in the sign of the ram. I believe since 2005 when Eris was discovered, it was a significator of a global conflict like the War on Terror. In Jan 2005, Eris was strongly close to Mars when the Iraq war happened in 2003-09. Soon in the 2040s, Eris will make a transit into Taurus and last decade, Eris conjunct Uranus, the world since 2018 enters a harsh time period not since the 1930-49 period, the last time Uranus is in Aries and later Taurus. The two planets conjunct in a time between the great depression, the rise of fascism and the Advent of WW2.

Edit: Mars in retrograde in Aries (the planet in its ruler sign for 6 months from Jul to Dec) from 28* to 15* conjunct Eris' current placement (23* Aries) - from Sep 9 to Nov 15. The last time this happened was in 1988, world events occurred in the last Mars-Eris conjunction: The USSR/Soviet union began to collapse, Al-Qaeda was formed, an abortion drug was launched, the transition of US presidential power from Reagan to VP George HW Bush (father of later president George W Bush) and development of the world wide web/internet started. On Jan 5, 2005-11:20 PST, Eris was in 19* Aries when it was first discovered while Mars was in 7* Sagittarius.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

My natal Eris conjunct Venus, Ceres and MC since it is the 10th house brings a huge load of feminine energy in my life, an addition to Pallas Athene in 30*/1* Pisces/Aries cusp (the first degree of the astrological zodiac year)...and Eris in Aries (some of us have stronger Eris placements and more powerful aspects) like anyone currently alive today in 2020...and for the next quarter a century.

Eris is thought to herald great disasters since the advent of WW1 (1914) when it was in 29* Pisces then to transit to Aries in the early 1920s. I suppose when Eris transits Taurus (esp. the 1*), the accumulation of what would be the most dangerous time for humanity is to come, sometime in 2043-45. Currently, the farthest dwarf planet Sedna is in Taurus since 1968 to transit Gemini in 2024.