Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

How important do you think the Sense of Purpose is? If someone has no Sense of Purpose placement, do they become disoriented?

Glad you asked! There are placements I'm calling "Self-Direction". It implies that you basically know which direction to choose, but not necessarily where you're going. It's also an independent attitude.
Then there's Domiciles, which impart a sense of confidence for no apparent reason. Sun Leos have that quality, for example.
Trines provide a Sense of orientation, especially Grand Trines.
I would say that more than one Sense of Purpose placement could be problematic, if they are at cross-purposes with one another. Same with Self-Direction.

david starling

If one has two Sense Of Purpose placements that don't matchup well, and one is heavy-going due to Aspects, whereas the other is smooth sailing, the easier one wins out, but the other is also operational when opportunities present themselves.

Last edited:

david starling

In achieving a Purpose, there are two placements that can be necessary, or at least make it easier. One is Catalytic ability, the other is Facilitating skill. Facilitating is good for a teaching career.

Gemini888

Glad you asked! There are placements I'm calling "Self-Direction". It implies that you basically know which direction to choose, but not necessarily where you're going. It's also an independent attitude.
Then there's Domiciles, which impart a sense of confidence for no apparent reason. Sun Leos have that quality, for example.
Trines provide a Sense of orientation, especially Grand Trines.
I would say that more than one Sense of Purpose placement could be problematic, if they are at cross-purposes with one another. Same with Self-Direction.
I ask because I don't think I have any Sense of Purpose placement or aspect. And I don't know how this will play out in my chart.

Also if you have two placements working cross-purposed, and you favor one, do you feel stressed out by the pressure of the other?

david starling

I ask because I don't think I have any Sense of Purpose placement or aspect. And I don't know how this will play out in my chart.

Also if you have two placements working cross-purposed, and you favor one, do you feel stressed out by the pressure of the other?

What about Sense of Self-Direction?

david starling

Self-Direction in 12/12:

Sun in Scorpio
Moon in Libra
Asc in Pisces
Mercury in Virgo
Venus in Capricorn
Mars in :cancer:
Jupiter in Sagittarius
Saturn in Aries
Uranos in Taurus
Neptune in Gemini
Pluto in Aquarius

david starling

Some choose one as a profession, the other as a cherished hobby. Many amateurs have made great contributions.

david starling

Sense of Purpose placements:
Sun in Aries
Moon in Pisces
Asc in Leo
Mercury in Aquarius
Venus in Gemini
Mars in Sagittarius
Jupiter in Taurus
Saturn in Virgo
Uranos in Libra
Neptune in Scorpio
Pluto in :cancer:
Age-indicator in Capricorn (c.400-2150 A.D.)--
In the aggregate, we ALL have a very generalized Sense of Purpose, like life is supposed to have meaning. Lacking that in a personal way can make you feel like you're missing something.

Last edited:

david starling

Just checked your list and I only have Jupiter in Sag :(

What is the difference between Sense of Purpose and Sense of Self-Direction?

Purpose is about striving towards a goal. Self-Direction means you can trust your own judgement. Jupiter in Sagittarius is especially strong, and has those good Jupiterian characteristics. What House is it in?

Theories of citation are as elusive as theories of information science, which have been debated for decades. But as a basis for discussion I offer the term citationology as the theory and practice of citation, including its derivative disciplines citation analysis and bibliometrics Several maxims, commandments if you will, have been enunciated.

Gemini888

Purpose is about striving towards a goal. Self-Direction means you can trust your own judgement. Jupiter in Sagittarius is especially strong, and has those good Jupiterian characteristics. What House is it in?
In 8H.

So if I don't have any Sense of Purpose placement, I can trust my judgement... For what?

david starling

In 8H.

So if I don't have any Sense of Purpose placement, I can trust my judgement... For what?

For a meaningful existence. Why does there have to be an end-goal? Now I'm wondering if you have any Catalytics or Facilitators.

Catalytic abilities:
Sun in Sagittarius
Moon in Scorpio
Asc in Aries
Mercury in Libra
Venus in Aquarius
Mars in Leo
Jupiter in Capricorn
Saturn in Taurus
Uranos in Gemini
Neptune in :cancer:
Pluto in Pisces
Age-indicator in Virgo (c.6600-4850 B.C.E.)
Facilitating abilities:
Sun in Taurus
Moon in Aries
Asc in Virgo
Mercury in Pisces
Venus in :cancer:
Mars in Capricorn
Jupiter in Gemini
Saturn in Libra
Uranos in Scorpio
Neptune in Sagittarius
Pluto in Leo
Age-indicator in Aquarius (c.2150-3900 A.D.)
Benefactors:
Sun in Capricorn
Moon in Sagittarius
Asc in Taurus
Mercury in Scorpio
Venus in Pisces
Mars in Virgo
Jupiter in Aquarius
Saturn in Gemini
Uranos in :cancer:
Neptune in Leo
Pluto in Aries
Age-indicator in Libra (c. 4850-3100 B.C.E.)

Last edited:

david starling

I haven't included a number of Secondaries, like Chiron and the Nodes. For the M.C. and Desc, it's the same placements as the Asc. The I.C. is opposite those, since it's below the Horizonal line. Chiron is a secondary Domicile-ruler in Sagittarius, so it's also the same placements as the Asc, which is the primary Domicile-ruler of Sagittarius, along with the M.C. & Desc.
I'll fill them in later.

Last edited:

Gemini888

Aries Asc, Aries Moon, Virgo Mars (what is age indicator). So I got one from each :sideways:

About the end-goal, this may very much be my Cap Neptune speaking, but having no goal just bugs me. I mean, I just feel the need to know where exactly I'm heading for, or else I'm not going anywhere. I'm not a fan of wasting time.

I would be happy if you can convince me otherwise though, because I'm aware this mindset causes me pain sometimes.

david starling

Aries Asc, Aries Moon, Virgo Mars (what is age indicator). So I got one from each :sideways:

About the end-goal, this may very much be my Cap Neptune speaking, but having no goal just bugs me. I mean, I just feel the need to know where exactly I'm heading for, or else I'm not going anywhere. I'm not a fan of wasting time.

I would be happy if you can convince me otherwise though, because I'm aware this mindset causes me pain sometimes.

Age-indicator in Capricorn is a Sense of Purpose placement we all share. Neptune in Capricorn could be emphasizing that.