Gauquelin sectors - Is it true for you?

StillOne

Very interesting, I have Saturn rising (12th house in equal) and I studied Science in college. I don't practice that now but my approach to my vocation is very science oriented... I also have a prominent mars but it's not in the 9th.

princess valhalla

aspiring writer! :smile: hopefully one day will be published writer. LOL

I haven't read the book either and only just recently read about Gauquelin power zones online. However, I am interested in reading more about their research.

Carris

Very interesting, I have Saturn rising (12th house in equal) and I studied Science in college. I don't practice that now but my approach to my vocation is very science oriented... I also have a prominent mars but it's not in the 9th.
Thanks StillOne. Yes I think what we may find in gauquelin's book is that all the planets give their respective qualities to the individual when they are in the key sectors. It does not have to be about specific professions. They probably did not separate the role, interest, temperament etc as connected to the career. A police officer may have saturn in the sectors because he studied criminal psychology (and could be more of a scientist therefore) - whereas they may have been searching for mars. A fashion designer might have venus. Some professions such as IT and computers have become more prominent now - maybe they are shown by uranus but the job may still involve the scientific nature of saturn rather than the business or communication nature of mercury.

Last edited:

JerryRR

"Important: these results only apply to natural births.Our studies have shown that the position of the planets has no discernible link with personality when babies are induced by Caesarean section or have,in some other way,the natural rhythm of their birth tampered with by strong drugs.If their is a medical intervention that means the birth takes place earlier or later than it normally would,then the planets have no relevance to personaity."

M.Gauquelin.

I also highly recommend "Astrology and Science." by Gauquelin.There is an interesting chapter on the "Piccardi Experiments."

J.R.

Carris

"Important: these results only apply to natural births.Our studies have shown that the position of the planets has no discernible link with personality when babies are induced by Caesarean section or have,in some other way,the natural rhythm of their birth tampered with by strong drugs.If their is a medical intervention that means the birth takes place earlier or later than it normally would,then the planets have no relevance to personaity."

M.Gauquelin.

I also highly recommend "Astrology and Science." by Gauquelin.There is an interesting chapter on the "Piccardi Experiments."

J.R.
Thanks JR. I wonder what it would be for people like me - a caeserian birth but only as an emergency in natural labor. Its weird - we should still be imprinted by the planet overhead at birth - whether natural or induced.

In the books that I have read on metaphysics - as souls we choose our lives and professions before incarnating on earth so I don't think that plan can change just because of birth time.

I believe in the information that comes through "past life regression", so this quote is meaningful:

“As the time approaches for rebirth, we review a number of lives that might meet our goals. Souls voluntarily select less than perfect bodies and difficult lives to address karmic debts or to work on different aspects of a lesson they have had trouble with in the past. Souls join their assigned hosts in the womb of the baby's mother sometime after the third month of pregnancy so they will have a sufficiently evolved brain to work with before term.
As part of the fetal state they are still able to think as immortal souls while they get used to brain circuitry and the alter ego of their host. After birth, an amnesiac memory block sets in and souls meld their immortal character with the temporary human mind to produce a combination of traits for a new personality.”
Destiny of Souls – Michael Newton

I couldn't find anything specific on piccardi experiments when I googled it - can you tell us a bit about it?

Last edited:

SniperBomber328

Yea I have Venus and Jupiter in the 12th, Libra. I dont' aspire to be a musician, lawyer or any of the careers that Jupiter or Venus indicate. I actually want to be a writer...which is the Moons domain.....And she's in the 5th, Pisces.

Carris

Yea I have Venus and Jupiter in the 12th, Libra. I dont' aspire to be a musician, lawyer or any of the careers that Jupiter or Venus indicate. I actually want to be a writer...which is the Moons domain.....And she's in the 5th, Pisces.
You are 18! Your future career, vocation, or even the kind of writing you do might be influenced by your Gauquelin sector planets. Maybe you'll like to write for venus (fashion, beauty, art, society, luxury) or jupiter (politics, social issues, ethics, law, education, etc) type things. Or your career might require jupiter/venus type of work or qualities.

For example, I am not a scientist - but my work requires a lot of research, study, analysis, patience, time, contemplation etc - all very saturn like qualities.

Carris

Gauquelin also found an effect which he titled the "theory of eminence" - the more eminent a person is in their field, the greater the likelihood that the corresponding planet will be found in the gauquelin sector.

For example, doctors were found to have Saturn in the critical sectors. If you take an average, general practice physician, the chances of him having Saturn in that critical position is much less than a highly prominent physician, one who is frequently published and renowned. The more prominent you are in your field, the greater the chances to have the corresponding planet in the Gauquelin sector of the birthchart.

More sophisticated analysis confirmed the original results. For example, in a 1986 study German researcher Suitbert Ertel found: "A reanalysis of Gauquelin professional data using alternative procedures of statistical treatment supports previous Gauquelin results. Frequency deviations from chance expectancy along the scale of planetary sectors differ markedly between professions."

Anachiel

Spock (AW member) was quoted in the the other thread that there was some controversy about the times of births being reported. It was postulated that many of the dates (and times) were possibly inaccurate out of people's fear of inauspicious dates.

Now, if cesarean birth did not fit into the Gauquelin's statistics, could it be that this was because there was a "true" birth time rather than one being reported inaccurately?

So, in short, it's not that cesarean birth are not influenced by the planets but, that the times used in the research may have been cherry-picked by the reporters of the times/dates (the parents) to obfuscate a possibly less than auspicious time/date being recorded?

JerryRR

"A computer programme at the University of Paris Faculty allowed us to analyse the data collected as objectively and minutely as possible,studying one professional group after another...The precise data is published by our laboratory in our Psychology Monograph series,and each monograph gives,in English,a description of the method used,the statistical results,a catalogue of all the personality traits and,in full,the biographical references from which these were culled...To date,five volumes have appeared."

M Gauquelin. "The Spheres of Destiny."

J.R.

scorpittarian

My Jupiter's in the 9th widely conjunct my MC. I've Uranus/Neptune in the 12th conjunct ASC.

I aspired to become a psychiatrist in high school but lost interest after a year because I thought medicine was too conventional. Now I understand what exactly made me drop science.

I'm a university student & have opted for a triple major system with Journalism being one of the core subjects. I prefer politics & crime as my beats. However, I would like to do my post graduation in international affairs & not journalism. Politics has been on mind since age 13 & I will certainly try establishing myself in this field later in life. As for now, I'm most likely to get into the airline industry as an air hostess.

You are talking about an average physician with no planets in the Guaquelin sectors & an eminent physician with a prominent Saturn in the 12th/9th. Planets in the Guaquelin sectors bring eminence or indicate the type of profession one is likely to take up?

Carris

My Jupiter's in the 9th widely conjunct my MC. I've Uranus/Neptune in the 12th conjunct ASC.

I aspired to become a psychiatrist in high school but lost interest after a year because I thought medicine was too conventional. Now I understand what exactly made me drop science.

I'm a university student & have opted for a triple major system with Journalism being one of the core subjects. I prefer politics & crime as my beats. However, I would like to do my post graduation in international affairs & not journalism. Politics has been on mind since age 13 & I will certainly try establishing myself in this field later in life. As for now, I'm most likely to get into the airline industry as an air hostess.

You are talking about an average physician with no planets in the Guaquelin sectors & an eminent physician with a prominent Saturn in the 12th/9th. Planets in the Guaquelin sectors bring eminence or indicate the type of profession one is likely to take up?
Thanks - your jupiter certainly helps support Gauquelin's findings. Actually even being an air hostess is very jupiterian as it has to do with travel and trips abroad.

"Planets in the Guaquelin sectors bring eminence or indicate the type of profession one is likely to take up?"

I think this means both - it indicates the tendencies and psyche of the person as well as what they will excel in. For example, many planets and signs can give a tendency towards becoming a doctor/physician/scientist - but I guess saturn brings about excellence and eminence in it because of its qualities of discipline, responsibility, patience, hard work, etc. For some, being a physician may just be a means to earning a living - its just a business to them - they don't have any real interest in medicine - nor do they have any real desire to excel in it - in such physicians charts saturn would probably not be in a Gauquelin sector.

Last edited:

scorpittarian

Thanks!:biggrin:

I just realized that I've been sub consciously selecting jupiterian career options from the myriad I have before me, from law to wild life exploration. I always thought I had placements that were good for nothing. Lolz. I can be happy now believing that I'd gain professional eminence. :biggrin:

What about an eminent astrologer? what placement would he have?

Carris

Thanks!:biggrin:

I just realized that I've been sub consciously selecting jupiterian career options from the myriad I have before me, from law to wild life exploration. I always thought I had placements that were good for nothing. Lolz. I can be happy now believing that I'd gain professional eminence. :biggrin:

What about an eminent astrologer? what placement would he have?
Yes - thats what Gauquelin found - planets in 12th/9th affect the person's psyche - thats why you are drawn to jupiterian fields. He also found combinations - such as a prominent saturn scientist with a very jovial jupiterian nature and personality.

"What about an eminent astrologer? what placement would he have?"

Thats difficult to say - I think a strong uranus or a strong uranus connection gives interest and talent for astrology. And supportive aspects to such a uranus would make a "good" astrologer - in the sense that he would be able to see the connections, calculations and combinations in a birth chart immediately - and also be able to communicate these effectively.

I'm not sure what would cause eminence. Do you mean fame? That can be because of many other planetary combinations. A strong sun is supposed to give fame. Perhaps a strong neptune would give good intuition and some psychic ability in making accurate predictions.

Though in earlier times, a strong mercury was considered necessary to be a good astrologer. Maybe because predictive astrology is very complicated.

Coronzon

I have the following placements:
Sun, Mercury, & Venus: Sector 9+
Moon: Sector 11+
Mars: 20+
Jupiter: Sector 15-
Saturn, & Neptune: Sector 35- (But I use 35 as a Plus(+) Zone in my own work, as well as 8.)
Uranus: Sector 36+
Pluto: Sector 6-

I am a Psychology Major, with Aspergers Disorder. I study Astrology in depth also. I think the zones by the AC and MC should be extended to include Zones 35 and 8, because I have an exceptionally strong Saturn, even though it was in a Minus(-) Zone, technically. I think the outer planets, Sun and Mercury in Plus(+) Zones are indicative of either minor success, secondary success, talents/divergences that might not yield fame.

kennedyrosewhith

I have Uranus & Neptune in the 9th and Mars in the 12th in Placidus/Topocentric. I don't use whole signs, but for some comparison, in that system i have Uranus, Neptune, the Moon, and the North Node in my 9th, and nothing in my 12th.

When i was younger (from elementary school up until the first year or two of high school) i wanted to be a doctor, and then a psychologist. Hello money! :biggrin: But i'm really bad at chemistry, and i think the stress potential of both jobs, even though i really am still interested in psychology, would be too much for me. So i study astrology instead. There was a brief moment where i wanted to go into the music business, and then later do international business, but neither of those is a good fit at all. Here's what i've currently decided to do for the rest of my life:

Be a freelance translator (i'm planning on going to school for languages)
Write music and songs
Paint
Study astrology, mythology, and fairy tales/folklore

Of course that could change at any time, but i think these are the things that i really enjoy and will continue to enjoy. I guess that does all show up in my 3rd house Sun opposite Uranus and Neptune in the 9th.

joyrjw

I just discover Gauquelin Sectors and know nothing about them ... it would interesting if they could truly foretell what line of work a person would excel at... I have Moon,Venus and Neptune as Gauquelin Plus Zone Planets (Koch and Placidus,in Equal House it's Venus and Neptune). My Venus is out of bounds, I don't know if that would make a difference.
I am always working on improving my creativity and artistic skills. :)

Arena

The Gauquelin sectors are around the astrological angles – the Ascendant and Midheaven (the most powerful zones) and the Descendant and IC (slightly weaker). However, instead of angular 1st and 10th house, the key sectors are the cadent 12th and 9th houses.
It isn't about those houses, it is about planetary angularity.
Angularity makes the planets able to express much more powerfully, and it does not matter on which side of the angle they are. Most powerful placements of planets are within 5 degrees to both sides of an angle.

The Gauquelins also found sidereal zodiac to be the more accurate zodiac.