Will he reply

8thstellium

If I ask him out for coffee via text, will he even reply/acknowledge?

I have been thinking a lot about it but it came to my mind yesterday at 5.38 PM to ask a horary Q so using that time to do the horary chart than the time I am actually posting this Q.

Please help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_should_i.61043.5466.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_should_i.61043.5466.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 99

Zarathu

Account Closed
I appreciate your lack of self confidence that causes you to want an astrological answer here, I really do. But its not really a big thing in life here, just asking him out for a coffee.

You can do it. Just ask. What's the worst thing that could happen?: he could say not today.

Tessie

Banned
Late ascendant suggests you know the answer. I think he will acknowledge you. You are Saturn. He is Sun. The question is the moon. There is a mutual reception between your significators. The Sun is in fall but this may be mitigated somewhat by the moon receiving it by face. He is also in the sign of your exaltation, suggesting he thinks well of you. Is this possible?

I am a total beginner, however. It would be good if someone chipped in. I am concerned about Venus conjunct Sun. Are you sure there is not another girl he is involved with?

Edited to add: I chipped in when there were no replies but was delayed in posting...

Last edited:

8thstellium

He is also in the sign of your exaltation, suggesting he thinks well of you. Is this possible?

Would this mean I think well of him rather than other way round? Just wondering.

Thanks for your reply.

Late ascendant suggests you know the answer.
I keep thinking he will just ignore.

He is from my old office. I don't work there anymore.

8thstellium

I appreciate your lack of self confidence that causes you to want an astrological answer here, I really do. But its not really a big thing in life here, just asking him out for a coffee.

You can do it. Just ask. What's the worst thing that could happen?: he could say not today.

Yes, but it means too much to me to ask and not even be acknowledged. Hope you understand.

8thstellium

In my rookie opinon: My significator is Saturn in an enemy sign, Scorpio. His significator is Sun in debilitation in Libra. Our significators are 2/12 to each other which is not good. So the answer is No?
But Venus is a significator for women along with moon being the co-significator of querent which are both extremely well placed. So it's a Yes?

I am confused.

Also Venus is at 0 deg - Void? So he cannot have a girlfriend at this time. Right?

Last edited:

tikana

why would venus be VOID?!
void is when a planet makes no aspects at all and out of the orbs with the other
venus is his gf from the look of it

if he replies, he might blow you off

You need to get to the core of the question. What is it that you really want?
Him replying to you or him agreeing to go to have a coffee with you?

Tessie

Banned
Would this mean I think well of him rather than other way round? Just wondering.

Thanks for your reply.

I keep thinking he will just ignore.

He is from my old office. I don't work there anymore.

I read somewhere that if you are in the sign of that person's exaltation it means you are thinking good of them. It makes sense. If you were in the sign of his exaltation, it would mean you are thinking good about him. He is in the sign of your exaltation, however, so he may just think well of you. But that same position makes him in fall, because Sun is in fall in Libra. He may think well of you. But it may be possible he is not personally invested to the same degree you are. Maybe this is because he does not know how you feel or maybe there is some possibility that another woman is involved.

Tessie

Banned
Yes, but it means too much to me to ask and not even be acknowledged. Hope you understand.

But it also means too much, sometimes, to want something and not even try. That can drive a person crazy just as much.

Maybe he has just got into a relationship, maybe he is unhappy in one. Who knows. Worst case scenario is that he can say "no" and you can move on, knowing you faced the situation like a woman and everyone likes to know someone finds them attractive. Good for you, good for him. That is not really a bad outcome. I would rather that than caught in fantasy and regret, for months, for what may be nothing. Just my 2 pents.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie
He is also in the sign of your exaltation, suggesting he thinks well of you. Is this possible?

I'm with you, 8thStellium.

Traditional astrology would say that his being in the sign of your exaltation means that you think well of him, and perhaps in an exaggerated way.

Tessie

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie

I'm with you, 8thStellium.

Traditional astrology would say that his being in the sign of your exaltation means that you think well of him, and perhaps in an exaggerated way.

Hi Ilene, this is the reference from where I got my information. Second post, point 4. I am not suggesting I am right, btw.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi Ilene, this is the reference from where I got my information. Second post, point 4. I am not suggesting I am right, btw.

I did not mean to suggest that my comment is right either and thank you for the link to a thread.
I do recognize there are different views on the interpretation of reception, and there are some very skilled astrologers who read it as you suggest. I am just pointing to what I think might be most widely held as traditional, and agreeing with 8thStellium's interpretation of the reception. And I think it may well reflect the circumstances surrounding the question.

tikana

exalt is putting a person on a pedestal / hoping for more than there should be

girls .. itis her that is exalting him not the other way!

IleneK

Premium Member
So you think the answer is negative too?

Thanks.

The reception, the willingness, in this matter, appears on your side only. There is no reception from him/Sun to you/Saturn. But more importantly, there is no aspect between your significator with his, either with you as Saturn or as Moon. So I just don't see the connection between you.

I agree with tikana that it appears you are not posing the true underlying question which is how he feels about you, is there a potential relationship here? I do not find the chart encouraging in that respect. Venus in the 7th suggests that there may be another woman.

Last edited:

tikana

i am wobbling on current gf situation because sun is moving away from venus and the conjunction happend before both planets moved into libra .. nevertheless you still havea problem with no aspects