Personal Style in Astrology

theoddone

Hi all,

If this topic is in the wrong place, my apologies.

I was wondering if our ascendant or our Venus sign had anything to do with our own personal styles such as clothing, how we decorate our rooms, our hairstyles and what we adore when it comes to makeup/nail styles and jewerly and even music.

I am a Scorpio rising with Venus in Aquarius. I love the whole punk/rocker chick clothing style as well as bohemian hippie. My toes and nails are never painted the color; right now my fingers have chipped red polish while my toes are a deep electric blue. I also wear eclectic earrings and I love eclectic bedroom sets as well. My music tastes consists mostly of grunge, punk, alternative rock, new wave, and hair metal. I don't do much with my hair except pull it back into a ponytail when it's hot out. It's usually long and free flowing. If I do makeup, it's black eyeliner with purple or green eyeshadow. I have dark gray eyes so I stick with colors that bring out the green and blue colors in my eyes.

I have no idea if those tastes are my ascendant or my Venus sign. It feels like a mixture of both.

Luney

Good Question..:smile:
I am Scorpio Ascendant . Venus in Scorpio.

I have Long Pink Pastal Hair.
I'm into grunge Rock and Metal.
I played in a band when I was younger and wrote very dark lyrics and Played in Drop D..:smile:
I drive a big Red SUV,,
I wear cut off denim shorts and T shirts everyday..

Its too humid to wear make up, But I do get my eye lashes tinted and eye brows.
I like Pink hair..it suits me.:love:. Colour effects my moods.

theoddone

Good Question..:smile:
I am Scorpio Ascendant . Venus in Scorpio.

I have Long Pink Pastal Hair.
I'm into grunge Rock and Metal.
I played in a band when I was younger and wrote very dark lyrics and Played in Drop D..:smile:
I drive a big Red SUV,,
I wear cut off denim shorts and T shirts everyday..

Its too humid to wear make up, But I do get my eye lashes tinted and eye brows.
I like Pink hair..it suits me.:love:. Colour effects my moods.

Your fashion sense does not match what is said what someone with a Venus in Scorpio is supposed to have. The fashion for that sign is apparently into leather and lace. Plus Scorpio Risers are said to wear a lot of black clothing, which is actually true for me.

Also I changed my nail polish last night from red to plum. Toes still have the blue polish. Lol.

It's nice to find another Scorpio Ascendant that's into some of the same music genres as I am. Apparently a love of punk rock is associated with strong Uranus aspects. I have an Aquarius Moon in addition to Venus in Aquarius and a Sun/Uranus conjunction.

theoddone

I guess my theory on our fashion sense being related to the Ascendant and Venus sign is on the right track.

While your question was directed at Luney and my apologies for answering it for myself, I actually have Venus squaring the Ascendant. It makes me feel torn between the whole bohemian hippie fashion and the punk/rocker fashion. I wish there was a medium between the two.

Hermeshadesluna

I guess my theory on our fashion sense being related to the Ascendant and Venus sign is on the right track.

While your question was directed at Luney and my apologies for answering it for myself, I actually have Venus squaring the Ascendant. It makes me feel torn between the whole bohemian hippie fashion and the punk/rocker fashion. I wish there was a medium between the two.
Me personally, I would tell you to strike a balance between those two styles. Since I'm a Libra rising and all and Venus is my chart ruler; so I have a soft spot for Venusian related topics, especially since it's in Leo. But I do understand the struggle of the Fixed square

theoddone

Me personally, I would tell you to strike a balance between those two styles. Since I'm a Libra rising and all and Venus is my chart ruler; so I have a soft spot for Venusian related topics, especially since it's in Leo. But I do understand the struggle of the Fixed square

Would you consider music we listen to a Venusian topic?

Also to me:

Scorpio Ascendant - The punk/rocker style
Venus in Aquarius - Bohemian hippie style

I've seen fashion clothing online that mix the two but I'm unsure if it would work personally for me.

I mostly stick to classic rock band tees and black leggings. Lol.

Hermeshadesluna

Would you consider music we listen to a Venusian topic?

Also to me:

Scorpio Ascendant - The punk/rocker style
Venus in Aquarius - Bohemian hippie style

I've seen fashion clothing online that mix the two but I'm unsure if it would work personally for me.

I mostly stick to classic rock band tees and black leggings. Lol.
Music is definetly a Venusian topic, but it also depends on other aspects too.
Me for example, have Venus quintile Pluto in Scorpio, trine Uranus in Sagg, and biquintile Mars in Cap, so my style is true to the traditional aesthetic and philosophy of the deep, gritty underground subcultures and genres,such as rock, punk, goth, industrial, hip-hop, and electronic music. I also have a predilection for experimental music and that also carries over to my personal aesthetics.

theoddone

Me for example, have Venus quintile Pluto in Scorpio, trine Uranus in Sagg, and biquintile Mars in Cap, so my style is true to the traditional aesthetic and philosophy of the deep, gritty underground subcultures and genres,such as rock, punk, goth, industrial, hip-hop, and electronic music. I also have a predilection for experimental music and that also carries over to my personal aesthetics.

What aspects would you say relates to music?

graay ghost

I kind of think you also need to look at the moon sign...

I like electronica, downtempo, dark ambient, krautrock, indie/folk, lo-fi. With Taurus asc and Cancer sun.

sadge

I kind of think you also need to look at the moon sign...

I like electronica, downtempo, dark ambient, krautrock, indie/folk, lo-fi. With Taurus asc and Cancer sun.

Yep, I was gonna add the same thing. Asc (outer style, the final package that's put out there), influenced by planet aspects, especially moon and Venus.

I've noticed how planets on asc play a strong role too. For ex, moon or mercury on asc can look so different from one day to the next, like the changeable nature of the planets.

theoddone

Yep, I was gonna add the same thing. Asc (outer style, the final package that's put out there), influenced by planet aspects, especially moon and Venus.

I've noticed how planets on asc play a strong role too. For ex, moon or mercury on asc can look so different from one day to the next, like the changeable nature of the planets.

My Ascendant, Scorpio, is at odds with my moon and Venus signs, both Aquarius and squares them. No planets on the Ascendant.

It's like I'm at odds with my personal style the majority of the time.

Claire19

Hi all,

If this topic is in the wrong place, my apologies.

I was wondering if our ascendant or our Venus sign had anything to do with our own personal styles such as clothing, how we decorate our rooms, our hairstyles and what we adore when it comes to makeup/nail styles and jewerly and even music.

I am a Scorpio rising with Venus in Aquarius. I love the whole punk/rocker chick clothing style as well as bohemian hippie. My toes and nails are never painted the color; right now my fingers have chipped red polish while my toes are a deep electric blue. I also wear eclectic earrings and I love eclectic bedroom sets as well. My music tastes consists mostly of grunge, punk, alternative rock, new wave, and hair metal. I don't do much with my hair except pull it back into a ponytail when it's hot out. It's usually long and free flowing. If I do makeup, it's black eyeliner with purple or green eyeshadow. I have dark gray eyes so I stick with colors that bring out the green and blue colors in my eyes.

I have no idea if those tastes are my ascendant or my Venus sign. It feels like a mixture of both.
the ascendant, its ruling planet will influence how you present yourself to the world which can act as your persona or mask. Venus shows what gives us pleasure and joy who attracts us in love. Depending on the house it is in it will express our idea of beauty and harmony. Could well be a mixture of both, as you say. My Venus is in Libra and is conjunct my chart ruler so I am very much Libran in my appearance and style.

Where is your Pluto and what sign? Scorpio tends to like blacks, dark reds and have a mysterious look, often. Venus in Aquarius would do well with sky blues, electric blues and zig zag patterns and perhaps wear a hairstyle that looks electrocuted.. Can wear anklets and tattoos on calves etc. this is the stereotype. All modified by aspects to the planets.

Last edited:

Claire19

I dont use such as biquintiles and even quintiles are iffy. If Venus is in trine Uranus in Sagi. this would tend to gypsy and bohemian styles.Maybe hoop earrings, scarves, boots and vests.... Your ascendant and its ruler would show what suits your body type and appearance.

theoddone

the ascendant, its ruling planet will influence how you present yourself to the world which can act as your persona or mask. Venus shows what gives us pleasure and joy who attracts us in love. Depending on the house it is in it will express our idea of beauty and harmony. Could well be a mixture of both, as you say. My Venus is in Libra and is conjunct my chart ruler so I am very much Libran in my appearance and style.

Where is your Pluto and what sign? Scorpio tends to like blacks, dark reds and have a mysterious look, often. Venus in Aquarius would do well with sky blues, electric blues and zig zag patterns and perhaps wear a hairstyle that looks electrocuted.. Can wear anklets and tattoos on calves etc. this is the stereotype. All modified by aspects to the planets.

Hi Claire,

I have Pluto in Scorpio in the first house. I do wear a lot of black and dark colors and was told by my parents that I always chose dark colors over anything. I'm not a huge fan of sky blue but I do love electric blue. Zig zag patterns are not my thing but I like tie dye and paisley patterns.

I also have Mars in Sagittarius sextile my Aqua Venus.

Hermeshadesluna

I dont use such as biquintiles and even quintiles are iffy. If Venus is in trine Uranus in Sagi. this would tend to gypsy and bohemian styles.Maybe hoop earrings, scarves, boots and vests.... Your ascendant and its ruler would show what suits your body type and appearance.
I do lean towards scarves, boots (especially combats) and hoops, but with a touch of darkness (Venus quintile Pluto in Scorp) and hats. Sort of like bohemian Goth. Plus, a love for corsets, velvet, leather and lace (Libra ASC, Venus in Leo 11th, Pluto in 1st)

Last edited:

Rhys

<snip>.

Interesting thread. Thanks! I agree that music is a Venusian topic in the sense that Venus touches so strongly on aesthetics and balance. But I'd look at where Pisces and Neptune are placed in the chart to get the full picture on music.

As far as wearing black is concerned, I gotta agree with what has been said so far. I'm a musician, and when Pluto progressed by solar arc in 1979 smack dap on my natal Sun, I realised much later that I had started wearing all black, and by the end of the year I was playing regularly at CBGBs! Not too long after my Sun progressed into Scorpio and I have been "back in black" ever since.

I guess there's a relationship between punk and Pluto/Scorpio due to all the death and nihilistic energy the punk scene had, at least at the start.

My progressed Sun finally moved into Sagittarius last spring. I'm only just starting to get away from black, at least on the street but old habits die hard! When I perform, it's still black, with blue mixed in... black & blue, heheh.

Best - Rhys

CapAquaPis

Venus in Aries-midheaven here, the type of sign and house combination leads to a male (that's me) to express somewhat feminine qualities and attributes. I'm genderfluid or bigender, although a straight biological male, so I expressed myself as male and has no plans to change my biological sex. I would like to express myself more and completely with lovers, friends and family members.