Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Kitchy

Banned
I actually had tried that, and like all other things it didn't do anything. I've even tried drinking apple cider vinegar (distiller with a little water) 2-3x a day as suggested by a vitamin shop owner and that didn't do anything either.

sorry to hear that....

maybe Frisiangal can help - she's a gifted medical astrologer - she doesn't read horaries, but if you post your birth chart/condition in the medical astrology section, she might offer some helpful direction. she might look at what was going on in your chart 10 years ago when this developed. just a suggestion

one last thought - a completely vegan diet - no saturated /animal fats, no dairy. plant based diet.

anyway - good luck.

Pisces13

Banned
sorry to hear that....

maybe Frisiangal can help - she's a gifted medical astrologer - she doesn't read horaries, but if you post your birth chart/condition in the medical astrology section, she might offer some helpful direction. she might look at what was going on in your chart 10 years ago when this developed. just a suggestion

one last thought - a completely vegan diet - no saturated /animal fats, no dairy. plant based diet.

anyway - good luck.

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll see if I can get in contact with her. And yeah, I've actually tried a vegan and gluten free diet too for about 6-7 months and I was eating A LOT of raw vegetables (including carrots because of their Vitamin A content) and it actually made my acne worse for the first 3-4 months, then it went back to being as bad as it was before. That shocked me considering how much I'd researched it before going on the vegan diet and how I read it was great for skin. I'm sure it's amazing for some people, but it really didn't help me. I'm scared that Accutane may actually be my only option, but I'm too young for for severe and permanant health problems. I have my whole life ahead of me, I don't want to spend it in and out of the hospital but I don't know what else to do. The acne itself is so debilitating and it's not like a couple blemishes here and there that can be covered with makeup. I'll see if Frisiangal can help, thanks for suggesting her. I really appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Tessie

Banned
Hi!

A friend of mine took Accutane. It worked perfectly and she had no side-effects on it. But, just as she came off, her uncle died and this bereavement triggered her to become obsessed by suicide for a very long time. Her doctors attributed it to the Accutane. When I did some research, I discovered a neurological side-effect which is that the high vitamin A concentration alters the metabolism in the frontal lobe of the brain and, as the drugs pamphlet says, it may not reverse. The frontal lobe is associated with executive function and is key in controlling our emotional impulses. Damage to this area results in people doing and experiencing all kinds of frightening things. I have another friend who took it with no negative side-effects except dry eyes. I totally understand how very desperate you are to have normal skin and just get on with your life. But with the negative indications of the chart, coupled with the fact the option to take Accutane will always be there, I'd encourage you to just try a couple of more things. I know it feels like you have tried everything already and you've probably received tons of bad advice. But here's some more, which I hope you will consider seriously. Have you tried Adapaline Gel? It is the external form of Accutane. It can work just as well without the side-effects. Or, have you tried combining Adapaline Gel with antibiotic medication like Erythromycin? The two can work just as well as Accutane. I personally swear by Glycolic Acid. It's my fav beauty product. I do not think it is possible to use a high concentration Glycolic Acid face wash and have any spots. Honestly, try this first. You will see an immediate difference. I advise you to source from a reputable brand. I live in the UK and purchase from Sk:n. You might contact them, see if they ship abroad. x x x

P.s., Or ask your dermatologist where you can score some high grade Glycolic Acid, either as a face wash or as a peel, or both.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas.

Which house is the doctor? Is that the seventh?

Is the trine still indicating a good outcome with the doctor when it's separating, and the appointment isn't for two months? Will the aspect between Venus and Mars on the day of the appointment (or the closest one if they're not in an aspect on that day) factor into it, too?

Two months from today's date, Venus will be in Libra applying sextile to Mars in Sagittarius. I don't know if the appointment with the dermatologist is literally two months from today, but if it's approximately then, would that still indicate a good outcome?

Osamenor

Staff member
I didn't mean with accutane.

I meant, is there a way to fashion a horary question, to ask WHAT OPTION she should try?

Or to ask if there is anything she could try that would be successful?

I understand that horary charts always show a way out if they give a no answer. I don't know enough about reading them to be able to say what this chart shows as the way out, though.

Tessie

Banned
I forgot to add how wonderful Silica Complex supplements are! I hope you will research their efficacy in relation to acne. I know, for example, one of the reasons for acne is because the sebaceous glands are enlarged and so the reason Accutane works is because it shrinks those glands. But Silica Complex is a powerful natural remedy which performs something very similar and, consequently, many report a dramatic improvement in their skin from taking Silica Complex supplements.

I'm just thinking about what Tik and Odd have said about your chart and the medication not working as good as you'd have hoped. I know some people see improvement by Accutane immediately whilst others need to take Accutane for several months, and again if/when the acne returns. It would be not good if the Accutane does not cure but makes your mental health worse and diminishes your ability to cope! This is a very real risk. I sincerely hope you will exhaust options relating to Adapaline, Erythromycin, Glycolic Acid and Silica Complex.

Pisces13

Banned
I forgot to add how wonderful Silica Complex supplements are! I hope you will research their efficacy in relation to acne. I know, for example, one of the reasons for acne is because the sebaceous glands are enlarged and so the reason Accutane works is because it shrinks those glands. But Silica Complex is a powerful natural remedy which performs something very similar and, consequently, many report a dramatic improvement in their skin from taking Silica Complex supplements.

I'm just thinking about what Tik and Odd have said about your chart and the medication not working as good as you'd have hoped. I know some people see improvement by Accutane immediately whilst others need to take Accutane for several months, and again if/when the acne returns. It would be not good if the Accutane does not cure but makes your mental health worse and diminishes your ability to cope! This is a very real risk. I sincerely hope you will exhaust options relating to Adapaline, Erythromycin, Glycolic Acid and Silica Complex.

That's one of the things that scares me the most. The whole "it didn't work and now I have a serious illness I have to live with." Silica complex sounds familiar, I may have very well tried that. I've tried glycolic acid and it didn't work. But two or three of my dermatologists have told me that the topical stuff doesn't work really because in my situation, the acne is so stubborn and its adukt custic acne that's persisted for several years and hasn't responded to topical treatment or oral medications. They've all said, "we could try Accutane because we don't know what else to give you." That genuinely gives me chills...

tikana

Argh glycolic acid.. all it is is pure honey and lemon juice BUT
the problem is this is cystic pimples they are not infected ones.
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away. Glycolic wont work.

T

Osamenor

Staff member
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away.

T
Did you get that from the horary chart? What would indicate that?

Or are you just going by the knowledge of what cystic acne is?

Being a first year herbalism student, I've been going through my books and class notes to see what I can find on acne, particularly the cystic kind. My knowledge is very general at this point, I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but some general information about it from an herbalism perspective:

Acne is not a disease in and of itself, it's a symptom, of sluggishness in the system. Hormones out of balance, blood not clearing toxins fast enough, possibly some liver and/or endocrine sluggishness. Lymphatic system overload is almost always a factor. If you have acne along your jawline and cheeks, that's a pretty sure sign of it being the lymphatic system.

Herbal treatments for acne would be herbs that support the liver (hepatics), that cleanse the blood (alteratives), and that cleanse the lymph system (another class of alteratives). Something to balance hormones would probably help, too, especially if you've been on birth control--that would result in the hormones needing to be rebalanced. If you're currently on birth control, however, the hormone balancing herbs would not be the thing to take because of interactions.

I can't tell you what to take, but I have whole lists of herbs in my notes that fit those categories. For hormone balancing, I would definitely start with vitex. It's an intelligent herb, in that it will automatically figure out which hormones are low and which are excessive and balance them out. Do not take it if you're currently on birth control. If you are not, it's perfectly safe.

For alteratives (blood and lymph cleansers), my list says nettles, dandelion, cleavers, chickweed, burdock. Cleavers and chickweed are lymph cleansers in particular. Nettles are a blood cleanser. Drinking nettle teas/infusions is often one of the first things recommended in herbal treatment, because nettles provide a good support for everything else, and they can do no harm. Burdock roots make a good stew ingredient, if you can get them.

There are particular forms of massage therapy that work on the lymph system in particular. If you can find someone who does that, it would be helpful.

I can't say what will work for you, but those are some ideas that would work on the disease instead of just the symptom.

Pisces13

Banned
Argh glycolic acid.. all it is is pure honey and lemon juice BUT
the problem is this is cystic pimples they are not infected ones.
There is an infection in Pisces'body.. it need to be driven away. Glycolic wont work.

T

I've tried three different antibiotics over the years, though. One worked okay for a few months but then stopped working. Tried an even stronger anti-biotic after that and it did nothing. But it is an "inside"/internal problem, yes. Nothing topical will work because that would literally just be taking care of what's on the surface and not the bigger problem/the source. I'm really at my wits end with this cystic acne thing.

Osamenor: I've actually tried the herbal thing, I went to one of those non-MD doctor's that work with herbs, the name is on the tip of my tongue but I forget what they're called, and use a flashlight to look into your eyes to see what's wrong, and I've done things like the liver cleanse, this "fungus" cleanse thing, all sorts of things. The last time I went was the year before last and I've tried it a total of 3 or 4 times. I've taken all sorts of herbal oral medicines as well as all sorts of teas and nasty drinks you mix up from these herbal powders. I've even drank teas that are supposedly great for balancing women's hormones. Nothing. I honestly feel like I've tried every logical suggestion and I hate that because of the Accutane--which also may not work and may just give me an illness instead of a cure.

Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
I've heard it's not okay, but it seems okay to me. Saturn is in my 7th house in Aquarius (both which go well with Saturn). It does oppose my ascendent and it sextiles my Venus--which is not in the best shape as it is in Aries and it's retrograde. But it's a sextile, so I don't know how a "bad" Venus may affect Saturn/skin if it's a good aspect. It has more negative aspects than good, though, so that may be the problem. Also venus trines my ascendent. Which sounds good, but maybe since it's not the strongest Venus placement, that's why it's bad?

Attachments

• BirthChart.jpg
    BirthChart.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
I probably should have added this earlier, but I figured it was irrelevant since the question was "Will accutane give me permanent health problems" and had nothing to do with timing. But my appointment is in a couple months, but I will tell her I'm now open to trying accutane if we've in fact exhausted every other option, but that I want to start taking it late next spring/early summer after that particular school semester is over--that way if anything bad happens, my schooling won't suffer as it will be during break. You may be thinking, "Why in the world are you making an appointment now then?" And that's because it takes months and months to get an appointment with a dermatologist in my area, it's not unusual for us to have to wait 6-7 months until the next appointment is available. So I want to get everything out of the way now to ensure convenient timing.

Does that make a difference as far as horary here is concerned? Again, I think not since this was about accutane and its effect on me, not "Will I get accutane in two months that will harm me?".

katydid

There are a few major things that jump out to me in this chart.

Saturn is in a very powerful position , in terms of the midpoints.

Saturn= Mars/Jupiter [ a difficult birth ?]

Pluto=Saturn/Asc [Suffering through suppression, compulsory confinement, retention]

Pluto=Saturn/Chiron

Saturn holds a key position in terms of your physical health because it is exactly opposed your Ascendant, and Pluto squares that opposition, and Chiron conjuncts it. So that Saturn placement is made critical and difficult.

Mars/Jupiter midpoints on the Saturn as well. And it is part of a Fixed Cross. So it is a powerful configuration.

According to Ebertin:

Mars/jupiter = the activity of the organs, smooth muscular tissue, the heart muscle, [ the completed birth, the first cry]

So it seems that the activity of the organs have a very big influence here, as they seem to have a big impact upon the Saturn.

Also, the Sun/Pluto trine, which is a positive thing, has Uranus/Neptune in Cap, at the midpoint. But that Uranus/Neptune conjunction is part of the Mars/Jupiter grand Cross.