Let’s talk about exaltation degrees

tripleooo

According to the traditional astrology, for each planet in the sign of its exaltation there is one specific degree which is especially potent and dignifying for this planet. In case you’ve never heard of it or forgot what these degrees are, here is a list of them:

Sun: 19th degree of Aries (18°00'-18°59')
Moon: 3rd degree of Taurus (2°00'-2°59')
Mercury: 15th degree of Virgo (14°00'-14°59')
Venus: 27th degree of Pisces (26°00'-26°59')
Mars: 28th degree of Capricorn (27°00'-27°59')
Jupiter: 15th degree of Cancer (14°00'-14°59')
Saturn: 21st degree of Libra (20°00'-20°59')

I suppose it’s impossible to find how and why these particular degrees were calculated, but I’m interested whether they have some importance or not. I personally have no planets in these degrees and none of my friends and family members do too. I only know one musician I really like who has his Venus in this degree of Pisces, but I don’t know his birth time, so I suppose it could have shifted to another degree during the time he was born.

Do you have any planets in these degrees? Do you know someone who does? Are the qualities of the planets expressed here better than in the rest of the sign? Tell me all you know. :cool:

JUPITERASC

The Origins of the EXALTATIONS: A New Discovery :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHRBCSfV300

astrologers Chris Brennan and Benjamin Dykes unveil a new discovery

about the origins of the exaltations
derived from a lost Hermetic text preserved by Abu Ma'shar.
Paula Belluomini made a number of diagrams to illustrate the concepts
so I would recommend watching the video.
Ben plans to publish his translation of the Great Introduction by Abu Ma'shar
sometime in the next few months, his website to receive a notification when that is released: https://bendykes.com

Last summer Keiji Yamamoto and Charles Burnett released
their long-awaited translation of The Great Introduction to Astrology
by the 9th century astrologer Abu Ma'shar.
This was the first time this text has been translated into English in its entirety.
Abu Ma'shar frequently cites a lost Greek text
attributed to Hermes Trismegistus.
This appears to be the same text called the Panaretos
that the 4th century astrologer Paulus Alexandrinus drew on
for his treatment of seven planets Lots
although Abu Ma'shar shares much more from the text than Paulus did.

The Hermes material preserved by Abu Ma'shar contains a set of rationales
for the domicile and exaltation schemes
that are unique :smile:
and it seems to preserve what may be the original conceptual rationales
for both of those schemes.
The exaltations chapter in particular
provides a much more detailed explanation for the exaltations than any I've ever seen
and it is also unique because
it provides an astronomical rationale for the exaltations degrees
not just the signs of exaltation and fall.

Arguments for the domiciles and exaltations presented by this text
are based firmly rooted in the tropical zodiac
and this raises some major questions about previous assumptions
that the exaltations had their origins in the sideral zodiac
and the earlier Mesopotamian tradition.
The discovery also raises questions
about the extent to which Hellenistic astrology
and western astrology in general
partially represents a sudden invention or technical construct
that was put together sometime around the 1st century BCE.
According to the traditional astrology,

for each planet in the sign of its exaltation

there is one specific degree which is especially potent and dignifying for this planet. In case you’ve never heard of it or forgot what these degrees are, here is a list of them:

I suppose it’s impossible to
find how and why these particular degrees were calculated,

but I’m interested whether they have some importance or not. I personally have no planets in these degrees and none of my friends and family members do too. I only know one musician I really like who has his Venus in this degree of Pisces, but I don’t know his birth time, so I suppose it could have shifted to another degree during the time he was born.

Do you have any planets in these degrees? Do you know someone who does? Are the qualities of the planets expressed here better than in the rest of the sign? Tell me all you know. :cool:

vembek

This is a question I was very much interested in as well. I was wondering how tight would the orbs need to be to be of significance?

It would seem that my Moon is exalted: I have my natal Mars at 3°32' Taurus in the 1st house (my natal Moon is also in Taurus at 27°33') - I would definitely consider myself one who loves stability, but I wonder if there are any further interpretations anyone would like to chip in?

My rising is 17°45' Aries & Sun 23°05' Cancer.

CapAquaPis

According to the traditional astrology, for each planet in the sign of its exaltation there is one specific degree which is especially potent and dignifying for this planet. In case you’ve never heard of it or forgot what these degrees are, here is a list of them:

I suppose it’s impossible to find how and why these particular degrees were calculated, but I’m interested whether they have some importance or not. I personally have no planets in these degrees and none of my friends and family members do too. I only know one musician I really like who has his Venus in this degree of Pisces, but I don’t know his birth time, so I suppose it could have shifted to another degree during the time he was born.

My ascendant is 17' 33" Cancer and in the 12th is my exaltation degree of Jupiter. My brother's birthdate is Apr 23, 1981 which I think is the 2nd degree of Taurus. And 21' Libra is in the 4th house opposite my Venus in 7' Aries.

JUPITERASC

This is a question I was very much interested in as well. I was wondering how tight would the orbs need to be to be of significance?

It would seem that my Moon is exalted: I have my natal Mars at 3°32' Taurus in the 1st house (my natal Moon is also in Taurus at 27°33') - I would definitely consider myself one who loves stability, but I wonder if there are any further interpretations anyone would like to chip in?

My rising is 17°45' Aries & Sun 23°05' Cancer.
these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile: