Should we buy this house?

Bosphorus

Hello all, we have been on the market and saving up for a long time to buy a house (prior to the recent start of Venus retrograde). We saw a house that we love yesterday but of course we are scared because of the size of the investment and also because although it is not on the coast it is near water and we are worried what might happen in 50 years.

Attaching the horary chart I cast about whether we should buy this specific house or move on.

Mercury is the ruler of the ascendant and it is in 9th house - virgo. This brings me some optimism. Aquarius moon is sextile Lillith. I read that in housing transactions the seller of the house may be signified by the 7th house, where Neptune is, and where it sextiles the sun and squares Venus. Is she pulling wool over our eyes? Or does this simply mean she might sell it for a lower price?

I should note I have a slowly-building transiting Neptune square mercury aspect in my natal chart right now.

Mars is in Taurus in the 6th house and trine Venus but square Mercury in Gemini which it rules. Does this point to communication problems during the process?

Our money is signified by second house, ruled by Venus, in Gemini in the 10th house, which is not terrible (I am an artist so I am naturally sympathetic in Venus found in 10th house, mine is in Leo there).

Thoughts? Am I totally botching this?

Thank you so much in advance - I discovered horary a few years back and I've been trying to educate myself very slowly and worry that my rudimentary understanding leads to very incorrect interpretations.

Attachments

• astro_2at_house_hr.64719.50288.jpg
    astro_2at_house_hr.64719.50288.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 45

ElenaJ

You want to buy a house, admittedly probably the most important investment one makes in a lifetime, but the one thing you haven't looked at is the house! Let's take a look at that too.
The querent is you, virgo ruled by mercury, in a double sign, so you are a couple.
The seller is the 7th house, ruled by Jupiter and Neptune, again in a double sign. Their co-ruler is Jupiter, in the 5th (seller's 11th of hopes and value of the house) so they are really anxious to sell the house, and Chiron on the cusp of the 8th shows why, they are strapped for money. Neptune in the 7th is co-ruler, so they are watching out for their best interests, but maybe hiding some things about the house to push a sale.
The 4th is the house, sagittarus ruled by Jupiter, as well as the moon in Aquarius.
Sagittarius would indicate a house up on a hill, on dry land, and Aquarius in an air sign would also confirm this, so there shouldn't be a problem with water, although it may have been built on reclaimed land, or land that was converted from some other use than residential.
Ruler of the 4th is Jupiter, a fortunate planet, so a rather large, impressive house, maybe on the elegant side, but being in its fall it is old, and probably needs repair work. Note that you entered the north node but not the south node, which falls in the 4th house. This is another indication that work will have to be done on the house.
Moon, which also shows what you are thinking about, on the 6th cusp of work, approaches a trine with Venus of creativity so it would give you a good workplace. And this also indicates the duality of the sagittarius dual sign on the 4th, dual purpose of the residence. Are there animals on the property or would be think of having any, like horses?
The selling price of the house, that is the price that would be actually paid, is the 10th house, in gemini ruled by mercury, with Venus and north node.
Venus rules your 2nd house of money, going to pay for the house (located in the 10th) and approaching a square with Neptune of the 7th, so a lot of bargaining to be done and when its over you'll find that something was left out or not as you thought and land up having to pay more (Venus retrograde and in 10th).
North node there shows a high price, as well as the 10th ruler angular, direct and dignified in its own sign, and Part of Fortune conjunct mercury on the cusp of the 10th. With the seller in need of money, they won't be open to much negotiation.
So, can you come to agreement with the seller? There is no direct aspect forming between you and the seller, or between you and Jupiter or you and moon.
There is mercury in the Face of Jupiter, but in Jupiter's detriment.
Moon (in the 6th house, which is the contract of the house) is in the Face of mercury and on the cusp of the 6th house, who's natural ruler is mercury.
Moon separates from a trine to mercury, and will make a semi-sextile with Jupiter.
So there is the possibility of coming to an agreement, but you would have to work on it.

Chrysalis

The house Jupiter is in its fall and in a pitted and Azimene degree. The house doesn't seem in great shape, there must be some damage to it your not aware of, which would be confirmed by Neptune in the 7th.

Both moon and you mercury are moving away from radical 4th Jupiter, with moon also in the cadent 6th house.

Taking the lot of rectitude into consideration for if buying this house is the right thing to do. This lot is posited @7 degrees Virgo, ruled by Mercury conjunct the MC and dignified. But this would be the next house following this one. 4th from 7th.

It looks like this particular house in question is not good for you to buy, even more so with it being Venus retrograde. But there will be another one after this one, that will be better for you.

With the bad shape of Jupiter and your L2 benign retrograde, there will be a loss. Which i expect to be repairs you will need to do to the house. Which you will find only find out about when you've moved into it. And if the house is near water it needs to be strong, but it doesn't seem like it is. The sellers are hiding this from you (Neptune).

Bosphorus

You want to buy a house, admittedly probably the most important investment one makes in a lifetime, but the one thing you haven't looked at is the house! Let's take a look at that too.
The querent is you, virgo ruled by mercury, in a double sign, so you are a couple.
The seller is the 7th house, ruled by Jupiter and Neptune, again in a double sign. Their co-ruler is Jupiter, in the 5th (seller's 11th of hopes and value of the house) so they are really anxious to sell the house, and Chiron on the cusp of the 8th shows why, they are strapped for money. Neptune in the 7th is co-ruler, so they are watching out for their best interests, but maybe hiding some things about the house to push a sale.
The 4th is the house, sagittarus ruled by Jupiter, as well as the moon in Aquarius.
Sagittarius would indicate a house up on a hill, on dry land, and Aquarius in an air sign would also confirm this, so there shouldn't be a problem with water, although it may have been built on reclaimed land, or land that was converted from some other use than residential.
Ruler of the 4th is Jupiter, a fortunate planet, so a rather large, impressive house, maybe on the elegant side, but being in its fall it is old, and probably needs repair work. Note that you entered the north node but not the south node, which falls in the 4th house. This is another indication that work will have to be done on the house.
Moon, which also shows what you are thinking about, on the 6th cusp of work, approaches a trine with Venus of creativity so it would give you a good workplace. And this also indicates the duality of the sagittarius dual sign on the 4th, dual purpose of the residence. Are there animals on the property or would be think of having any, like horses?
The selling price of the house, that is the price that would be actually paid, is the 10th house, in gemini ruled by mercury, with Venus and north node.
Venus rules your 2nd house of money, going to pay for the house (located in the 10th) and approaching a square with Neptune of the 7th, so a lot of bargaining to be done and when its over you'll find that something was left out or not as you thought and land up having to pay more (Venus retrograde and in 10th).
North node there shows a high price, as well as the 10th ruler angular, direct and dignified in its own sign, and Part of Fortune conjunct mercury on the cusp of the 10th. With the seller in need of money, they won't be open to much negotiation.
So, can you come to agreement with the seller? There is no direct aspect forming between you and the seller, or between you and Jupiter or you and moon.
There is mercury in the Face of Jupiter, but in Jupiter's detriment.
Moon (in the 6th house, which is the contract of the house) is in the Face of mercury and on the cusp of the 6th house, who's natural ruler is mercury.
Moon separates from a trine to mercury, and will make a semi-sextile with Jupiter.
So there is the possibility of coming to an agreement, but you would have to work on it.

Haha! Of course I neglected to look at the house - Neptune in 7th was looming so large. THANK YOU so much for your interpretation. the house shares a garage wall with another house so we are expecting some sort of unrevealed covenant, which might lead to loss over long term. so many warnings to thread carefully. Thank you again!

ElenaJ

Interesting you should mention the shared wall, that is where the "doubleness" of the house comes through, indicated by sagittarius. I was thinking maybe a duplex, which would fit the symbolism as well.
Good luck with it, it's a big investment so consider everything carefully.

Bosphorus

The house Jupiter is in its fall and in a pitted and Azimene degree. The house doesn't seem in great shape, there must be some damage to it your not aware of, which would be confirmed by Neptune in the 7th.

Both moon and you mercury are moving away from radical 4th Jupiter, with moon also in the cadent 6th house.

Taking the lot of rectitude into consideration for if buying this house is the right thing to do. This lot is posited @7 degrees Virgo, ruled by Mercury conjunct the MC and dignified. But this would be the next house following this one. 4th from 7th.

It looks like this particular house in question is not good for you to buy, even more so with it being Venus retrograde. But there will be another one after this one, that will be better for you.

With the bad shape of Jupiter and your L2 benign retrograde, there will be a loss. Which i expect to be repairs you will need to do to the house. Which you will find only find out about when you've moved into it. And if the house is near water it needs to be strong, but it doesn't seem like it is. The sellers are hiding this from you (Neptune).

Thank you, Chrysalis. Do you mean the next house we find or the next home we move into after this one (or whatever we end up buying/renting)? Thank you again, this is very informative.