Are you a loner?

Gemini888

And what placements do you think contribute to this?

I can describe myself as a loner. Although I like socializing, when it comes to solving problems, I prefer to do things myself. I also don't like chitchatting just for the sake of it, I want deep bonding with people. If it's just exchanging stupid gossips, I'm out, I got better things to do.

I think these placements are what cause this:

• Mercury square Saturn (makes me more serious)
  • 12H Saturn (makes me enjoy alone time more)
  • Capricorn MC, Mars in 0 deg Virgo (make me want to be practical and productive)
  • 10H Uranus as the second most elevated planet, Moon conjunct Asc in Aries (makes me want to do things my way)
  • 8H Pluto (makes me obsessed with intimacy)

SunConjunctUranus

I think Mercury square Saturn is definitely the major factor of "loner". What is your Saturn degree in Pisces? I guess it's in early Pisces. SN in either 9H or 8H house probably makes you stuck in your mind too. No wonder you're good thinker and great worker by this statement
(Mars Asc ruler).

If it's just exchanging stupid gossips, I'm out, I got better things to do.

Last edited:

Lykanized

I'm a loner for sure
I can't only theorize...I have 5 retrograde planets, Mercury, Saturn, Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune and I know that can make for either idiosyncrasies or an individual more self focused. I read an article once that said if you have 5 retrogrades, just find a line of work where you can work alone lmfao. Pluto's in my 3rd house so communication just doesn't appeal to me if it's superficial unless I'm in a buoyant mood, which does happen sometimes. My 11th house is very active with Sun and Mercury which is curious, but perhaps my moon(the ruler of that house) not being in the greatest shape and Mercury being retrograde says something. Uranus and Neptune both form very hard aspects to my inner planet sphere, Sun and Mercury. Chiron is in my 12th house which I theorize can lead to empathic capacity which can make it more favorable to stay away from others when picking up too much of their energy. With Mercury being the most powerful planet in my chart and being retrograde and closely opposed to Uranus and Neptune, that might be why I'm either a lot more independent or just roaming somewhere in the cosmos
But my Venus is in Gemini and it's my most elevated planet so a part of me really desires socializing and I think that's where an odd buoyancy can come in as an opposing force, plus Jupiter aspects favorably. I'm just very energy sensitive and independent minded but also am the kinda person who likes to talk about things that most people don't

Starsareround

I remember the first time I had my chart read the astrologer told me I would have a lonely life and not have many friends. I think that was due to all my 12 house planets. At the time, I couldn’t have believed it if I wanted to, I was surrounded by an amazing community of people who were my life blood and it just seemed impossible, we inspired each other and lived in each other’s pockets. My friends were absolutely everything to me. 20 years later and I understand the interpretation, in that my journey has been one I’ve had to walk alone although I’ve often had great company. I do attribute it to the 12th house placements, because it’s just the way the 12th house works. I wouldn’t trade it because I have worked really hard to get where I am with myself and I wouldn’t really understand another way, but maybe next lifetime I’ll have the house on fire with comings and goings and ease with relationships...

Gemini888

I think Mercury square Saturn is definitely the major factor of "loner". What is your Saturn degree in Pisces? I guess it's in early Pisces. SN in either 9H or 8H house probably makes you stuck in your mind too. No wonder you're good thinker and great worker by this statement
(Mars Asc ruler).
Actually My Saturn is quite late in Pisces, 23 deg. My Mercury is in 18 deg Gemini. My North Node is in 7H but in Scorpio. So yeah, Scorpio just intensifies 7H.

SunConjunctUranus

Actually My Saturn is quite late in Pisces, 23 deg. My Mercury is in 18 deg Gemini. My North Node is in 7H but in Scorpio. So yeah, Scorpio just intensifies 7H.

You are good saving your privacy :applause: which house system are using btw? And why?

I just trying to aproach your natal with traditional astrology, maybe we could spot on your loner personality. Nothing more.

Could you tell us more what bother you?

Last edited:

Witchyone

South Node in 1st is a big loner tendency too.

Is it? I have that placement and find it hard to understand.

I'm having one of those days when I don't know what I am and describing myself sounds like a lie, but I do often identify as a loner.

loner placements:
Gemini sun (I'm calling it. An extreme need for self-determination can lead to isolation even if we appear to be social.)
Chiron in 12th
Venus in 12th
Saturn conjunct Mercury
Saturn square Pluto
SN and/or sun in 1st?

SunConjunctUranus

I'm having one of those days when I don't know what I am and describing myself sounds like a lie, but I do often identify as a loner.

loner placements:
Gemini sun (I'm calling it. An extreme need for self-determination can lead to isolation even if we appear to be social.)
Chiron in 12th
Venus in 12th
Saturn conjunct Mercury
Saturn square Pluto
SN and/or sun in 1st?

I should add his/her moon is Aries

Ukpoohbear

loner placements:
Chiron in 12th
Venus in 12th
Saturn conjunct Mercury
Saturn square Pluto
SN and/or sun in 1st?

There’s a lot more information on it if you type in Ketu instead of South Node, there’s nothing written about the south Node for some reason!

bakalhau69

I can see those aspects that you mention make someone want to be alone specialy when it includes Saturn , Pluto , 8H.

I understand when you say you do not like superficial talk , in my case i have a dificulty maintaining a long distance relationship and i do not mean intimate. It´s very hard to talk to someone you haven´t in a long time just to say " hi , i´m doing this and that" but they can have something to do it my damaged ego.

The aspects that i think make me want to be alone are:

Pluto conjunct /ascendant 1t House
Moon oposite Saturn
Sun Square Saturn ( rather do things alone for fear of rejection from "father")
Sun 8th house
Neptune 3rd House ( Makes me daydream )
Chiron conjunct Mars
Chiron conjunct moon
Pluto and ascendant being in scorpio.

Ukpoohbear

This article on Ketu in Lagna/first is very informative

http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/graha/Ketu/Ketu_in_bhava01.htm

“Psycho-emotionally,

chidrakaraka Ketu in bhava-1 inflicts an impossible loneliness.

The only effective solution is total surrender to the Divine. Any less-than-absolute approach may provide only temporary relief at best.

There is a profound and incessant yearning to reconnect with the Other, but the state of yearning is incapable of resolution on the physical, emotional, mental, social, or financial levels of perception.

The only viable environment for reunification is the spiritual plane; and thus the only authentic and viable Other is the ineffable Divine itself.”

Last edited:

Witchyone

This article on Ketu in Lagna/first is very informative

http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/graha/Ketu/Ketu_in_bhava01.htm

“Psycho-emotionally,

chidrakaraka Ketu in bhava-1 inflicts an impossible loneliness.

The only effective solution is total surrender to the Divine. Any less-than-absolute approach may provide only temporary relief at best.

There is a profound and incessant yearning to reconnect with the Other, but the state of yearning is incapable of resolution on the physical, emotional, mental, social, or financial levels of perception.

The only viable environment for reunification is the spiritual plane; and thus the only authentic and viable Other is the ineffable Divine itself.”

Thank you. I'm a bit speechless reading this and seeing qualities I've tried to describe listed in someone else's vocabulary...

Ukpoohbear

Thank you. I'm a bit speechless reading this and seeing qualities I've tried to describe listed in someone else's vocabulary...

Np I’m the same, this is the best article I’ve read about it so far. There’s a part near the bottom that talks about how to navigate relationships because we will attract strong partners with Rahu in 7th. It’s mind-blowing.

wan

I am definitely a loner. I enjoy dining alone. I enjoy doing things alone. I currently go for monthly lunch with a friend, but truth be told, I'd rather go alone. I don't feel very close to her and I have pretty much zero friends other than her, a fact I am very OK with. It's strange, when I was younger, about 15, 16-ish, I remember going to this department store alone and I had a milkshake that tasted so good, I just wished I had someone around to tell it to. That feeling was so intense that, after 24 years, I still remember it. But to contrast that with where I am now, the difference is just so stark. Now I go anywhere and do everything alone. I have absolutely no need for a companion. I have no need for other humans. If I could, I would just keep to myself and not talk to anybody for literally weeks on end. Its strange how people change and evolve over time.

I attribute my solitary ways to my Pisces rising. I also have Saturn conjunct my Descendant nearly exact.

Last edited:

Emeraldstar99

And what placements do you think contribute to this?

I can describe myself as a loner. Although I like socializing, when it comes to solving problems, I prefer to do things myself. I also don't like chitchatting just for the sake of it, I want deep bonding with people. If it's just exchanging stupid gossips, I'm out, I got better things to do.

I think these placements are what cause this:

• Mercury square Saturn (makes me more serious)
  • 12H Saturn (makes me enjoy alone time more)
  • Capricorn MC, Mars in 0 deg Virgo (make me want to be practical and productive)
  • 10H Uranus as the second most elevated planet, Moon conjunct Asc in Aries (makes me want to do things my way)
  • 8H Pluto (makes me obsessed with intimacy)

Someone I know has Saturn in 12 conj Asc, Uranus in 10th,8Th Pluto, Aries Ascendant like you and from I saw he is a loner(even tho he is a very easygoing person, so not a social rejected)

In my case, I have a hard time with people, they drain so much of me because whenever I unleash my wild self, people are scared for their lives.

I have Saturn in 10th
Mars, Neptune and Uranus in Aquarius in 7th
Moon in Sagittarius
Venus in Scorpio
Cancer rising