Will she take the job?

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi folks,
This question is *continuing on with a saga*. I've posted previous questions in regard to the querent but this time there's a solid foundation for the question.
She has an interview with the company to whom she made earlier contact (last year).I have set the chart for the time this interview is scheduled to occur, so in a way its more of an *event* chart, but asking the horary question:
Will she take the job.The job is offered to her. A contract is being sent to her prior to this interview.If she is happy with what's offered she will take the job.
To add more background, she has an offer from another employer but she has already decided to decline the second offer, but I mention it in case it comes up in the chart.
I am going to take the querent herself as the ascendant.The person who interviews her I take to be house seven cusp. The job itself I take as the tenth in this instance. She would be working for a major company.
I'll post the chart now and get back very soon with an interpretation. If anyone disagrees with my house allocations, I am happy to hear about it.
Thanks Lillyjgc.

Last edited:

lillyjgc

My take:
The querent is signified by Mercury,which is in Gemini and close to the MC.(the job). The MC is also ruled by mercury, which I read as *it will be up to the querent*. alternatively it may mean that there is a certain harmony between the querent and the job. Yet Mercury, ruler of both querent and job, is making no aspects to planets and is closely square the ascendant.

I also notice that the querent's first house is intercepted by a whole sign-Libra-the sign that rules partnership matters, and as she would be leaving a partnership to take the new position it would seem that there is a detour she must take or an obstacle to confront before her ruler holds any sway.Venus, the intercepting sign ruler is in the eighth house about to combust with the sun. The sun rules her twelfth house!
Uranus is right there on the seventh cusp. Mercury, the querent and the job are both suddenly square uranus...Does this mean the interviewer will unexpectedly have a change of heart? Or has the job changed between the conversation and the interview?

The moon has just conjuncted pluto- something came to an end. Jupiter rules the house wherein lies the moon.poor old jupiter, trudging wearily back into the fourth, in capricorn (Saturn) and saturn's making mischief *behind the scenes* in her twelfth...
The moon will, however conjunct Jupiter while still in capricorn, in about 17 days I'd say. Jupiter rules the Interviewer...This could be a *don't call us, we'll call you* type situation.
So what could possibly go wrong?
Mercury is very talkative.In the chart, Mercury isnt aspecting anything (except an inconjunct to jupiter-they don"t see eye to eye?) As an inconjunct means, the two don't see each other, does this mean the interview won't be going ahead?
The moon will trine venus (the interceptor) but venus under the beams.Something will come to light? I really dont know how to interpret this.
as the ruler of income of new job (H11) is the moon, I see the moon is in Fall and separates from a trine to saturn.
Maybe the new job isnt financially viable.
This is a shame as the querent has to make a very long journey by land to attend the interview. I hope it won't be a wasted journey for her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Lillyjgc

starlink

Hi Lilly, I do agree with the house locations, it shows so much better what will happen to the person in question.

So she is Mercury, about to hit the MC in about 4°. She is in a strong position as Mercury is in his own sign. He is also in term of Saturn.
Co-ruler of the 7th is Mars, maybe another person there who also plays a part in this. He is in the 11th, looks like the financial director or someone who has to do with the salaries. The interviewer is not really supportive as Venus rules his 2nd and is combust. Either that or he is someone with little self confidence.

The main interviewer is Jupiter, still in fall and term of Mars, in her 5th. This could be an interview about a creative project. The interviewer is quite aggressive, in the way that he probably really wants her, aggressive in the way he wants to put his point across. Also possible that he does what Mr. Mars tells him to do because he is in his term, so probably the salary issue could be a stumble block here, because the Moon who co-rules the querent will inconjunct Mars, before conjuncting Jupiter. So something will have to be re-arranged most probably.

Uranus just jumps out of this chart there on the cusp. I guess it is an urgent matter or they need an employee urgently. Uranus rules her 6th.

Mercury will square Uranus and maybe shows that the querent does not like the pressure or askes for more autonomy in that job.

Merc. will also square the Asc. Here I see Mercury as job ruler, squaring the querent. Looks like there are some difficulties to overcome, but eventually Mercury will conjunct the MC.
I could also have taken the Moon right from the beginning for the querent as the job is already ruled by Mercury, but I did not.

Last aspect of the Moon is a conjunction to Jupiter. I dont think Moon gets to the trine to Venus in time, but Jupiter is good enough.
Moon is also in the 10th house of the interviewer and in the 7th of the job, which is the contract department. So I do think she will decide to take this job.

There is however a problem to be seen. Mercury will very soon turn retrograde, which could be an indication that the querent will break the contract and retreat from commitment (that Uranus there is also very suspicious...... )or that the job will not be given to her (they retreat). Jupiter is also retrograde!

Merc will turn stationary retro in 1.5 days and square Uranus also in about 1°, so who knows what that might bring.
The contra-antiscion of Mercury falls conjunct the Moon ((8°57' Cancer)

Also Moon is in MR with Venus several times over and because Venus is combust, this maybe shows that she is not seeing something. I know, this is not the usual way to go about it, but somehow there is an interchange between Moon and Venus. Also an enormous amount of Mercury-Saturn MReceptions (4 no less) which I find auspicious. Saturn rules the Moon and is in secretive 12th. Saturn also rules the interviewer. I dont know but there is something fishy I have the feeling.

POF is strong in the 7th and in term of Mars which is co-ruler of the 7th.
North Node is in the 6th, showing that this work would be good for her (according to Frawley).

Well, that's about all I can see. correct me please where I am wrong, otherwise I dont learn!! Cheers, Star.

lillyjgc

Hi Starlink.
Wow. thanks for this very detailed analysis...
One thing here you may be interested to know. The nature of the job requires her to be covered by very costly insurance. I would say insurances come inder the rulership of the eighth.The company's 8th is ruled by mars,the interviewer's co ruler! So the issue of who might have to pay for this insurance may well arise. The querent's eighth is ruled by Venus which is coming to combustion with the sun...
I think the Interviewer might *go back on his word* as jupiter is going back and actually backing away from the sextile to Uranus. Jupiter gains in strength by going back into the fourth, but is otherwise weak,and peregrine.
Its a while until the moon kicks into action and mercury is as you have pointed out, about to station retro. (Interestingly the querent has mercury retrograde in her natal).

Mercury is stronger than Jupiter in the chart...the querent is in a better position than the Interviewer? Mercury being right near the Mc and in its own sign gives it considerable strength but the applying square to Uranus, the unexpected gives me the heebyjeebies....

I will definitely be updating over the next few days as this scenario plays out-then we can all learn from it.
Thanks Star.
Lillyjgc

eedwards

Hello LillyJgc and Starlink,

This is a very interesting chart! I do think that the querant will take the job. However, I do not think that she will be happy with her decision.

Mercury rules both the ascendant and the 10th house, the job is essentially hers\his. The Moon will conjunct Jupiter, (the interviewer), trine the ascendant and finally square the POF in the 7th house before leaving Capricorn. Mercury, (the querant), is the strongest planet in this chart with Jupiter, (the interviewer), being the most detrimented.

My concern doesn't lie in the actual job as much as it does with the interviewer. Venus, the ruler of the hour and the intercepted sign of Libra is combust. The Sun and Venus are travelling into the 3rd house of the interviewer. This tells me that the querant is not seeing the whole truth and should be advised to review all contracts before signing.

Uranus' tight conjunction to the 7th house cusp is somewhat worrisome as it shows unexpected events...perhaps the interviewer may offer a last moment offer that is too good to be true, (and not trusted)? Jupiter retrograde definitely points to this person going back on their word or promises. I also notice that there is MR between the Sun and Jupiter by face....weak but very interesting in this chart.

Mercury recieves Mars by term. Mars rules Aries which is intercepted in the 7th house. This tells me that the querant is in the hands of the interviewer and will take the job. Perhaps the querant feels "stuck" at this point in time or that they must hurry up and work somewhere? Mercury's close placement to the 10th house cups would validate this. There is sudden changes going on in their life right now.

Mercury will trine the N Node in the the 6th house, square the Ascendant and finally trine Neptune which is also located in the 6th house. This points to them taking the job after much difficulty in making the decision. It ends in deception...perhaps to themselves...it could possibly mean that the querant realizes that this is more of a menial job than a career?

Finally, the Ascendant conjuncts the fixed star Denebola:

If rising: Riches, preferment and good fortune attended by many dangers and anxieties through own folly, benefits seldom last, trouble and sickness. (Robson*).

Whew...I should have just used the yes\no technique for this one
:eek:

I will be looking forward to the outcome!

Take care,
Ed

LionKing

Nope. I think the house placements are wrong. (Yes... I do want people to write and say I was wrong, we can all get better with problem solving when we do these things.) I took your friend from the chart from the 11th House, then counting 10 House's well there seems to be a combustion there, not good. Sure it is on the cusp, but the planet it is combusting is Venus and it is the ruler of the present house. Please write back and tell me I was wrong because I do like to see these things go. V/r LionKIng

eedwards

Hi LionKing,

I believe that Lilly's use of the 1st\7th to represent the contract, (interview), and the 10th to represent the job is correct.

Lilly stated that the chart was set up for the actual time of the interview and the 1st house would reflect the querant at that future moment in time. I also believe that Lilly is referring to her sister and not a friend, (may be wrong on this).

In Lilly's original post that ties into this one she stated that she was asked by her sister....so it would again be a 1st\7th house issue. If Lilly was asking the question for\about her sister it would become a 3rd\9th matter.

lillyjgc

Hi .thanks Ed, Lionking...
I take your points. I have an instinctive feeling that something is hidden from the querent....I will be able to let you know as I'm scheduled to meet with the querent after the interview.(yes, ee, you remembered correctly that this question pertains to my sister as this saga has been going on for a year now.The job she's being interviewed for DOES involve a contract and she has agreed to let a Legal person view the contract before she signs.
Star, there apparently will be a second person present at the interview-a woman, whose job it is to ensure company and legal compliances are met, so your comments about that were interesting.
Lionking, the querent is my sister, so h11 would not apply on this occasion.She asked the question *of me*-or rather *of the chart* so her question gives her the asc.
Yes ed, the time of the chart is the time scheduled for the interview.
When Uranus plays such a big role its quite difficult to assess *what might change* unexpectedly,but as uranus is in Jupiter's sign it appears more likely something coming from the company's side. Can't forget that mercury will soon be going over old ground again though! <sigh>
Thanks folks!
Lillyjgc

barbh

Account Closed
I would use the ruler of the 10th as the interviewer, as this person is just an agent of the job. The 7th house would be her open enemy, or possibly a competitor for the job. I would take Uranus as signifying something about this competitor.

(I had a similar event chart for a job interview, and the 7th house planet person got the job...I did not.)

Mercury in the 10th, and ruling both querent and quesited doesn't always mean a 'yes', as Frawley pointed out, it is a minor testimony of success. We need other aspects to make it so.
Keeping it simple seems to be the best plan. Querent 1st, job and agents of job 10, competitors 7. If Jup rules 7 and moon conjuncts it as last aspect, maybe she'll end up working with someone else in this job....another person, that she hadn't planned on.

Merc stationary never makes it to inconjunct jupiter before it retrogrades. No 'adjustment' necessary. The moon does make it to jupiter however.

I think the querent will back out and say no.

can't wait to hear what happens!!
barb

lillyjgc

Updating you all:
The querent attended the Interview. Everything happened on time. There was a second female present and her role was to oversee a financial aspect.The woman apparently really *clicked* with the querent on matters non job related. The Interviewer was a *bit left out* at one stage while the querent and the financial manager chatted about astrology (!).

The contract was discussed but one or two small matters relating to the querent's qualifications remained unresolved.There is to be further clarification *next week*. The querent is concerned about money issues...as she wont be salaried her income would be variable and initially non-existent-in fact the job requires that she pay for insurance costs-not all but part apparently...but a fair sum to outlay without knowing how long her work will take to bear financial fruit.Its definitely a risk.

Her legal advisor is looking closely at the contract and so far seems to think it meets legal requirements.It is almost impossible for her to accurately assess what her income will be.
Meanwhile, the partnership in which she has been involved is sinking into a pit of red tape.
As per the chart, in one way the querent is in a better position than the Company who interviewed her..They definitely want to hire her.however, if she was to get *a better offer* in the light of the chart, she might well consider it as there are inherent problems with this one.Nothing has been signed yet, and with mercury stationary, anything could happen here!
Will keep you posted.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

starlink

Thanks very much Lilly! I can't type much for a while, only with left hand, as I injured my right hand in a nasty fall today. Not broken but in half cast and two week rest! So forget about typing much. So I will be reading more for now. Ca^'t even drive a car or do my hair!! What a stink!!! Anyways, could have been far worse.

OK for now, Cheers to all, Starlink

lillyjgc

Star-so sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it heals quickly.(You're pretty good with your left hand btw!)
Take care.
lillyjgc

lillyjgc

Further update
The querent was contacted by the company today. She must complete two small qualifications before she can commence work for them. The querent estimates this may take her a couple of months. Meanwhile, the Company assures her the position will be hers.
I think that it's also interesting that the querent was signified by Mercury-*go back and do something over* and come back to the MC with your completed assignment!
I'm sure this will be another saga so I'll keep you posted!
Cheers, Lillyjgc

starlink

-*ambidextrous*. Oh great, thanks Lilly! it is already far less painful now, so I am glad.
Good update!Very interesting this Mercury retro thing and Mercury also rules this 9th house of studies, sooooo good!! Yes, by all means, do keep the saga going.
By the way, is she willing to do these qualifications?

Cheers, Star.

lillyjgc

Star-she's already started! And has support from the people who can help her speed things up a bit...(although, with her sig.retrograding...it might take longer than she thought).Yes now I see why her sig was in h9. I had asked about that but she *didnt see a problem* (Ah, the things we don't see!) .
cheers, lillyjgc

starlink

Hi Lilly, I only saw your answer today as I did not get a notification this time. Glad to hear it. Lets see what comes next!
Cheers, Starlink

daisy1

hi Starlink,
update on that discussion
"She" was happy to take the job - she did the study - the offer was withdrawn!!! at the eleventh hour...
due to a dishonest disclosure by another party that was believed by the interviewer over her own provably correct disclosure
this caused her to feel very angry and took action against the company thereby losing any further possibility of working for them - i think this action caused others to suffer also not just her!!!
unfortnately directly contacting the company director and informing him that the interviewer had breached the privacy act when he disclosed her application to her current employer who denied that their contract had been terminated!!!!
very funny now looking back
however reading all your interpretations - who wants to say "hey i got that right?"
long story - she obtained a far better position with a company from another state - which she was not happy with but hung onto for security hoping for a miracle to change things for her
and recently was made an even better offer from a local firm who had declined her application at the time of the first applications being made - and the reason given was the same as for the first application (good thing she didnt know that at the time!!! she was pretty angry!!)

the outcome in retrospect is hilarious.... however how so many of you saw so much - i so am trying to learn this art - science - thing - so that i can help others as much as i have been helped... but ... for so long i had someone to rely on who just did it all for me - and so i didnt learn how to do it for myself - and now the time has come
but
i figured you all need to know exactly what the outcomes are so you get to better understand the process of dissemination etc... um ... i mean i would like to know if i were right or wrong so i would be able to be more sure of being right next time (YUP - i so hate being wrong i have to find out so i get it right - that way i am going to far more right far more often!!)