29th Degree Support Group (All welcome)

astrology02

Hi everyone,

I am sure anyone who has a planet at the 29th degree can relate to my experiences. The 29th degree is known as "the weakest point of a sign" or a bit "fuzzy". I didn't really think much of it but I really think this degree is the main reason for a lot of my troubles. Yes there are probably some other aspects that contribute too, but the 29th degree fits my life to a tee.

My sun is a 29 degrees, 46 minutes. Up until recently I had no concept of who I was. If I was in a relationship I would basically conform to whatever I thought the person wanted. If someone asked me "who are you? " Seriously I wouldn't even have an answer.

My sun lies at the end of the 7th house and relationships have just been very confusing. How can you have a relationship with someone else if the one with yourself is a little shaky?

Also I couldn't make a decision if my life depended on it. I graduated college, did well in school but then when it came to my career I just had this constant doubt about everything. If I had to decide what to do first I would just get so stressed out at the thought of making a decision. I am 25 years old and I feel like I am still asking myself questions like "what do you want to do with your life?" …it's almost like I am set back 5 years from everyone my age. Due to all my indecision.

Or I will decide to go back to school for something and then go through every possible scenario until I am paralyzed with fear.

They say this degree is very karmic and represents being so close to learning a lesson in this lifetime. But how exactly do you learn the lessons when it comes to the 29th degree? Is it something that takes a lifetime? Or will the energy always be there?

I guess if anyone has any experiences when it comes to the 29th degree can you please share them in this thread? :)

I keep trying to read about it, but it always seems to say the same thing.

astrology02

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 2.22.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 2.22.11 AM.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 60

astrology02

The degree of your Sun is one of the factors in this situation, although important too. What I see standing out are also two outer and one social planet in your 12th house, Neptune, Uranus and Saturn. These planets can be a significant influence in your life.

Here is one of the descriptions of Saturn in 12th:

Each planet in the twelfth house represents energies that an individual may be denying even exists. Saturn in this house could mean an early life setback which prompts you to push the realities of life into the unconscious.

People with this position of Saturn often are plagued with guilt and it is difficult for them to know where the guilt is coming from, or even to define their anxieties. Fear of the unknown and of being overwhelmed or controlled by emotions may be the source of your general anxiety in life.

It can be difficult for you to submit to the idea that you may need help from others, preferring instead to withdraw and handle your problems in solitude. The idea of exposing your innermost feelings makes you feel painfully vulnerable and dependent on others.

A deep-seated feeling of loneliness and separateness can be the result. While self-control seems to be the most attractive route for you, you might find that letting others inside you, even in little ways, will help you overcome many of the vague feelings of guilt, self-doubt, and anxiety that prevent you from enjoying life in a free and natural manner.

Learning to embrace your sorrow, free from guilt, is the first step towards true self-acceptance. You may be an escapist from life itself. Address your escapism. Question yourself, or talk things through with an alter ego. Make sure that you understand the demands of the real world, as well as its joys and pleasures. This will help you lead a more fulfilling and rich life.

Pluto near midheaven is also quite significant.

Thanks for the information Moor! I just feel like there are so many forces working against me when it comes to my natal chart. I have tried meditation,yoga etc...but the anxiety always comes back. Especially with Saturn I just feel like sometimes karma is karma and there's nothing we can do about it.

Andrea_

Thanks for the information Moor! I just feel like there are so many forces working against me when it comes to my natal chart. I have tried meditation,yoga etc...but the anxiety always comes back. Especially with Saturn I just feel like sometimes karma is karma and there's nothing we can do about it.

This is one common mistake people do... they assume they are on the minus side, or that something is against them, where in reality, where you come into life without something, you are given something else on another side! (and we are not talking about very bad genetical disorders against which little can be done unfortunately) Of course, the first step is learning to have healthy barriers... this means you must learn to overcome the barriers that are only hindering and not letting you express yourself. I'm a heavy Cap (Sun + Asc, 1 asteroid and other 4 planets there), Saturn is my final dispositor and Pluto is my cutting planet, so i do know a bit about restrictions or barriers

Many hindering barriers come of course from fear. In your case, this fear might probably be related to not feeling the other one, to not wanting to feel alone, to not wanting to be left dealing with your shadows? Because of your pretty active 12th House (my Sun is in the 12th too) you won't escape a feeling through meditation. You will have to deal with it and try to modify it, work on the root of the problem if you don't want your stomach clenched by fear or your heart closed by it. If you can indentify it psyhically, then the next step is to take action: if your heart doesn't want it anymore, then break away from the pattern. You must learn to trust your heart/feelings more.

You actually have a pretty cool Kite there: Pluto on the MC in Scorpio! trine saturn (again in domicile) and neptune, which trine mars and essentially trine that domicile Moon in its own 4 house as well. You also have that venus in Libra in domicile again, Mercury in domicile in Virgo, Jupiter exalted in Cancer... This gives you a lot of energy for transforming your experiences and maybe teaching others to do it as well. Mars is in the 8th, again, a natural house for him. Chiron is indeed in the DSC area, which can mean wounds related to your roots, feelings and such that need to be healed.
Sun being on the verge there (on Regulus) must learn to adapt to its new sign, the Virgo, and with the idea of "completing a circle". Even if you did give your free will, and it is hard to make decisions, you might also be given a sense of urgency. And saturn likes to take things slowly but surely, so that they can be efficiently transformed through pluto or into spiritual lessons (neptune). This is good because otherwise you could make some hasty decisions (?)

ps: i also have NN in aqua, MC in scorpio with pluto there, Asc in capricorn, chiron in the 6th house ;)) I also have sagittarius and gemini as my duplicate signs in the 11th-12th/5th-6th houses and Aqua& Leo intercepted.

The fact that your 7th house where the sun resides is intercepted might mean that coming in tune with your own being is even harder, and yet, when you do it, there are a lot of hidden treasures in store, or at least this is the description for intercepted signs. (I for my part have intercepted Moon and Venus which by traditional description means that it was harder for me to trust my intuition and come in tune with my feelings, and this was the reality indeed, but not really anymore)

Sure there are hardships... you are also trying to balance a moon opp pluto there which is quite intense, both strong by positions, and you might give in to the comfy moon. You must seek a solution through actually changing something on an earthly level :)

As for those squares... it is said that having Jupiter squares is better than having no aspect to jupiter at all : ))

Sure some might also mention the strong karmic sense to your chart... i wasn't really born into such conceptions, but i become familiarised with them through reading and i did start to embrace them a little for they aren't really that bad and humans should become aware of the consequences of their actions and their role as interconnected beings, more or less.

You must also remember that nothing stays in one point and everything moves, and there are also progressions = developpments that naturally occurs over time even with a minimal effort in that certain direction. It's always a question of what you choose to focus on, how well you learn to channel the energies you have and your intention.

As for the 29 degree, i have a 28 55' Neptune in Capricorn, i guess it does enter in the 29 realm...

ps, sorry for my english, i guess i'm still learning :D

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Here is one of the descriptions of Saturn in 12th:

Each planet in the twelfth house represents energies that an individual may be denying even exists. Saturn in this house could mean an early life setback which prompts you to push the realities of life into the unconscious.

People with this position of Saturn often are plagued with guilt and it is difficult for them to know where the guilt is coming from, or even to define their anxieties. Fear of the unknown and of being overwhelmed or controlled by emotions may be the source of your general anxiety in life.

It can be difficult for you to submit to the idea that you may need help from others, preferring instead to withdraw and handle your problems in solitude. The idea of exposing your innermost feelings makes you feel painfully vulnerable and dependent on others.

A deep-seated feeling of loneliness and separateness can be the result. While self-control seems to be the most attractive route for you, you might find that letting others inside you, even in little ways, will help you overcome many of the vague feelings of guilt, self-doubt, and anxiety that prevent you from enjoying life in a free and natural manner.

Learning to embrace your sorrow, free from guilt, is the first step towards true self-acceptance. You may be an escapist from life itself. Address your escapism. Question yourself, or talk things through with an alter ego. Make sure that you understand the demands of the real world, as well as its joys and pleasures. This will help you lead a more fulfilling and rich life.
That sounds like me, and I don't have Saturn in the twelfth at all. The only body in my twelfth house is the moon, at 15 degrees Sagittarius.

Some similarities between my chart and the OP's: we're both Leos with Capricorn rising, although my sun's around 22 degrees Leo; we both have Mercury in Virgo; and we both have Pluto in the ninth house, although my Pluto is right in the middle of the ninth and solidly in Libra.

Pluto near midheaven is also quite significant.
While I don't have Pluto near midheaven, I do have Uranus near midheaven, in the tenth house, about as close to the MC as the OP's Pluto is... and my Uranus is at 29 degrees Libra! That's what puts me in the 29 degree club. Until I got into this thread, I never realized how close I was to having Uranus in Scorpio.

I have a similar problem with career, and I'm 39, so really have no excuse. I've never had a career in the sense of being able to identify with what I do. There's been what I wanted to do, which always either changed or was taken from me, and the bread and butter jobs that never earned me much. Is Uranus at midheaven at 29 degrees of its sign really to blame? Somehow I doubt it, although it might play some part.

Osamenor

Staff member

Karma is karma, and we can't change that, but we can work with it. It's rather like an old time sailing ship: you can position the sail to catch the wind, and you can take in the sail if there's too much wind, but you can't change how much wind there is. If you're in the doldrums (that's an actual place in the Atlantic Ocean, where winds and currents are weak), you can't make your ship go faster, and if you're caught in a heavy storm, you can do your best to ride it out, but you can't make the storm diminish.

It's no accident that you feel powerless in the face of karma. You have a strong western hemisphere emphasis in your chart. Your sun and moon and five of your planets lie between the fourth and ninth houses. People with the western hemisphere emphasized strongly feel the forces of fate working on them and are keenly aware of what's outside their control. (Conversely, people with more of their planetary energies in the eastern hemisphere, between the tenth and third houses, are apt to believe they can make their own luck and control their own destinies.) The reality is that we all have free will and we're also subject to forces beyond our control. Our actions are limited by the forces beyond our control, and the forces beyond our control are influenced by our actions. The difference is that most of us perceive one of those realities more strongly than the other.

Since you have western hemisphere dominance, it wouldn't be very helpful to tell you that you can control your own destiny, but it should be very easy for you to observe the forces working on you and align your actions with them. Studying your birth chart, like you're doing, is one way to understand those forces.

MissScorpio

Hi there,

My ascendant is Gemini 28 degrees 36.. My whole life is flavored by indecision and restlessness and very much, can't deny a constant untenable feeling.

miquar

Hi astrology02. The last degree of a sign is the 30th degree, since there are 30 degrees in each sign. In a book on the Sabian symbols it will usually be listed as Gemini 30 or Cancer 30 or whatever.

The need to label this degree accurately is illustrated by MissScorpio joining the discussion on the basis of her asc at 28GE36, which IS in the 29th degree. Trouble is, this thread isn't about the 29th degree - its about the 30th degree.

astrology02

This is one common mistake people do... they assume they are on the minus side, or that something is against them, where in reality, where you come into life without something, you are given something else on another side! (and we are not talking about very bad genetical disorders against which little can be done unfortunately) Of course, the first step is learning to have healthy barriers... this means you must learn to overcome the barriers that are only hindering and not letting you express yourself. I'm a heavy Cap (Sun + Asc, 1 asteroid and other 4 planets there), Saturn is my final dispositor and Pluto is my cutting planet, so i do know a bit about restrictions or barriers….

Wow Andrea!! Thank you so much for this. You really put things into a new perspective for me. I appreciate all the time you took to write that. And I guess we have similar charts so you understand where I am coming from :)

I guess a lot of times it is easier to blame things on astrology than to take full responsibility and make the changes we need to. I'll admit ever since transiting pluto hit close to my ascendant I really "got real" with myself and changed somethings at the core level. However I always tell people being introduced to astrology was both a blessing and a curse- on one hand it gave me a true understanding of self. But on the other hand I have become paralyzed by the whole "everything is already set in stone" way of thinking.

And wow 5 planets in Cap+ your ascendant! With Saturn as your chart ruler, I can't imagine :O That is a lot of saturn energy. But I guess it's all how you handle it right? Do you find yourself restricted sometimes? Like you never fully enjoy life because of saturn and the capricorn influence? + with it being your chart ruler it just amplifies everything 10x!!

Really though - thank you so much for your advice, I will take what you said into consideration :) + it was very well written too!

astrology02

Osamenor said:
I have a similar problem with career, and I'm 39, so really have no excuse. I've never had a career in the sense of being able to identify with what I do. There's been what I wanted to do, which always either changed or was taken from me, and the bread and butter jobs that never earned me much. Is Uranus at midheaven at 29 degrees of its sign really to blame? Somehow I doubt it, although it might play some part.

I think with Uranus at the midheaven it can show that you are someone who is against the conventional 9-5 kind of job. You may feel like your boxed in when it comes to a job, so you can find yourself jumping around from one to another. Even if you keep telling yourself "I need to find a career type job" your subconscious beliefs will go against that. Also where some people get validation in life by making authority happy, your bosses opinions really have no bearing on you. You in a way rebel against the idea of authority. Also money probably isn't your primary concern- instead you value personal freedom and flexibility when it comes to a career.

But on the flip side theres also great creativity with this aspect- you can see things in a way that others can't really grasp. So if you find a job your passionate about than this could be used to your advantage- maybe in technology or something like that.

Uranus conjunct MC would represent an instability in career but I don't think that's the main reason for your career struggles. It's more to do with Uranus being at the 29 degree. Because that shows you don't really know how to fully integrate all the uranus energy in a positive way. 1 of 2 things could be the case:

1) Your either too conventional- where all those Uranus conjunct MC qualities you reject and go against anything out of the norm.

OR

2) You are so unconventional that it is very hard for you to live in the world because of all the rules, societal norms etc.

There might be a sense of urgency around career- like your convinced that you've messed up career so badly and you need to do something RIGHT NOW to fix it. (because wherever the 29 degree planet is in the chart shows there's urgency and also some form of seesawing when it comes to decision making) . You just have to cut yourself a break and find a balance between tradition and the unconventional. That's kinda the karmic lesson with uranus at 29th degree.

Also any planet close to the angle of a chart is going to be a focal point of ones life.

The sabian symbol for Libra 30 is "3 mounds of knowledge on a philosopher" it shows that you great spiritual insight and knowledge compared to the average person. So the more you tune into that it will help you along your path.

also i am not 100% sure because you didn't specify your birthdate, but by the info you gave your uranus is also part of a t-square involving saturn (your chart ruler) so it is an important part of your life. Capricorn is the missing leg of the square so you need to embrace Capricorn qualities in this lifetime. Also chiron is opposing your midheaven.

Really your chart shows someone who has great possibility- you are very creative, can see things in an interesting light and has great wisdom, so don't be afraid to share it with the world :)

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
astrology02: This is the most insightful reply anyone's ever given me on this forum! Wow!!!!:happy:
I think with Uranus at the midheaven it can show that you are someone who is against the conventional 9-5 kind of job. You may feel like your boxed in when it comes to a job, so you can find yourself jumping around from one to another. Even if you keep telling yourself "I need to find a career type job" your subconscious beliefs will go against that. Also where some people get validation in life by making authority happy, your bosses opinions really have no bearing on you.
Actually, bosses' opinions do have plenty of bearing on me, not because they come from authorities, but because they're personal opinions. Most of my bosses have been people I have some degree of personal relationship with, usually not close friendship, but personal enough for me to care what they think. If a boss were just an authority figure and I didn't have much sense of him/her as an actual person, you're right, I probably wouldn't care, but that's usually not the case. Everything else you say is spot on!
You in a way rebel against the idea of authority. Also money probably isn't your primary concern- instead you value personal freedom and flexibility when it comes to a career.

But on the flip side theres also great creativity with this aspect- you can see things in a way that others can't really grasp. So if you find a job your passionate about than this could be used to your advantage- maybe in technology or something like that.
Very true, only I'm not at all passionate about technology. I'm not passionate about anything that I could see making a career of. And I don't have what it takes to be self employed. I need external structure to be able to work day to day, which I'm incapable of creating for myself, and I can't live with the uncertainty of not knowing if or when I'll have work or get paid.

Uranus conjunct MC would represent an instability in career but I don't think that's the main reason for your career struggles. It's more to do with Uranus being at the 29 degree. Because that shows you don't really know how to fully integrate all the uranus energy in a positive way. 1 of 2 things could be the case:

1) Your either too conventional- where all those Uranus conjunct MC qualities you reject and go against anything out of the norm.

OR

2) You are so unconventional that it is very hard for you to live in the world because of all the rules, societal norms etc.
Both. I can't live very well in the world, and can't live very well as an outsider, either!

There might be a sense of urgency around career- like your convinced that you've messed up career so badly and you need to do something RIGHT NOW to fix it. (because wherever the 29 degree planet is in the chart shows there's urgency and also some form of seesawing when it comes to decision making) .
There sure is! And transiting Uranus would be somewhere around opposition with my natal Uranus right now, so conjunct natal Jupiter and IC, which are opposite that... and there was an eclipse conjunct my natal Uranus at the end of October, so that energy must be affecting me, too.
also i am not 100% sure because you didn't specify your birthdate, but by the info you gave your uranus is also part of a t-square involving saturn (your chart ruler) so it is an important part of your life. Capricorn is the missing leg of the square so you need to embrace Capricorn qualities in this lifetime. Also chiron is opposing your midheaven.
:surprised: Did you read my previous posts?! I have a whole thread going about that T-square:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79393

Flowergirl

I guess if anyone has any experiences when it comes to the 29th degree can you please share them in this thread? :)

I keep trying to read about it, but it always seems to say the same thing.

Hi there, I have a lot of family members with planets at the 29th degree and I have done a lot of reading and meditation on it... a lot. I find these descriptions the most useful http://www.astrology.com/anaretic-degree/2-d-d-297539
and some other articles about it creating the extremes of the planet that is at 29th degree.

Astrologyweekly also had a really good article on the 29th degree and how the planets play out but I can't find it. I hope it is not deleted, as I find it so accurate. Such truths need to be shared with the world. There is very little information about natal planets at the 29th degree and yet it is very significant. Because I know so many people with personal planets mostly, in 29th degree, it is pretty obvious that it is significant and can be a real thorn in the foot, leaving one psychologically limping, feeling disadvantaged and thinking there is something wrong with you.

My own Sun is at 29th and I feel it keenly - not fun at all.

Personal advice I can give is as follow: during and after my Saturn return things changed for me drastically. Saturn teaches taking responsibility for your life, but your Saturn return may be particularly challenging as Saturn and Neptune conjunct and you will have to deal both with the energies of taking responsibility and going with the flow of life. Both very different and opposite energies. Practise both these energies at interchanging times during your Saturn return. It turned out to be very useful for me. Best wishes

astrology02

astrology02: This is the most insightful reply anyone's ever given me on this forum! Wow!!!!:happy:

:surprised: Did you read my previous posts?! I have a whole thread going about that T-square:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79393

No I just saw that post now

You have 2 t-squares! The one is a mutable t-square…they say mutable t-squares are easier to deal with than a cardinal or fixed square.

The good news is that a fixed tsquare is the hardest to deal with- the energy is hard to change because fixed signs are stubborn. A cardinal t-square is possible to work with- but because saturn is the focal point of your chart and it is involved right in the middle of this t-square it requires commitment.

Saturn is

a) your chart ruler- so every time saturn is involved by aspect or transit you will feel it more than someone who doesn't have saturn as their chart ruler.

b) It is the only planet in your chart that is in a water sign (besides NN) so it gains significance.

So the only way to deal with this is to heal saturn…saturn is karma based. But saturn can be worked with and squares don't mean your doomed - it just means you have to heal what's going on inside you before the outward circumstances change.

Don't focus on how your career isn't working out or life isn't going as you planned- focus on clearing your karma. Because if you start to work with saturn it will reward you.

Reiki- it isn't a quick fix but it is a form of energy healing. And maybe the reiki practitioner can tell you what exactly needs to be healed. Because until you can identify that - you won't make any progress.

Yoga- helps raise vibration- release good karma to your life.

Stay away from foods with preservatives, gluten, dairy, animal products …try just to eat vegetables, fruits, whole foods.

Also there may be some relationship karma you have to resolve as well- read more about saturn in the 7th house to understand what needs to be healed.

+ you have your sun and moon both in cadent houses which are karma houses. So the main goal is to - understand your karma, find ways to heal it- then saturn will reward you :)

astrology02

Also everyone- just read that the 29th degree (especially if you have it in the sign of aquarius can indicate clairvoyant abilities :) )

Osamenor

Staff member
You have 2 t-squares! The one is a mutable t-square…they say mutable t-squares are easier to deal with than a cardinal or fixed square.
I'm not sure if that mutable t-square is actually a t-square. The orbs are very loose. Venus and Mercury both square Mars and Neptune, but Mars and Neptune are out of the orb of opposition with each other, unless you extend the orb to 9 degrees. And Neptune is conjunct the moon and both of them square Mercury and Venus, but the moon isn't within the orb of opposition with Mars by any stretch of the imagination.

In any case, my 29th degree planet is in the strong cardinal T-square, so that's the main one we're looking at here. Perhaps that weak mutable T- square is a quieter note, present but less noticeable.
Reiki- it isn't a quick fix but it is a form of energy healing. And maybe the reiki practitioner can tell you what exactly needs to be healed. Because until you can identify that - you won't make any progress.
I'm a reiki practitioner myself. And I've spent the last two or three years receiving lots of healing work in other modalities, and studying healing arts as time and money and opportunities have permitted. But now I'm in a slump with that, and I want more!

ScorpioCrow

Oh yes. I have Moon square Mercury and Sun conjunct Mercury ("combust" or too close according to some texts). My feelings and my words never seem to match up, no matter how hard I try. Moon square Mercury was described somewhere as "trying all one's life to put one's feelings into words." And I'm a writer.

I also have Ceres at 29 Pisces - problems with parents/children? Yeah, my parents had a ****ed up relationship and both have issues with addiction/self-deception.

ImNotThere9

I have Pluto at 28/29 degrees Scorpio, one degree from the third house. It's also my most aspected planet. I read this:

'SCORPIO — People with a Sun or other planet in late degrees of Scorpio are known for their passions or dedication to goals. Or a life identified with just one thing. Gangster “Lucky” Luciano had Uranus at 29 degrees Scorpio sextile the North Node at 28 degrees Capricorn. He had total control (Scorpio) of New York brothels (working the prostitutes 60 hours a week) and made the drug trade an international business by establishing the “French connection”. Capricorn ties in because his legacy of narcotic racketeering outlived him. Author Gustave Flaubert had Mercury at 29 degrees Scorpio, expressed in his masterpiece novel “Madame Bovary”, considered a very realistic depiction of adultery. That it was at first condemned is seen in Mercury’s trine to Pluto at 27 Pisces. Swiss psychoanalyst Carl Jung had his Midheaven at 29 Scorpio; plumbing the depths of the human mind was his life’s work. Scorpio also rules the occult; famous witch Sybil Leek had her Part of Fortune at 27 degrees Scorpio.
Passion, goals. They sometimes want to reform and change people, such as the person they marry. They make good politicians. In show business, they are likely to work backstage in some capacity or as an agent.'

http://milkywayastrology.wordpress.com/2008/08/15/planets-in-late-degrees-what-do-they-mean/

http://horoscopespot.net/category/signs/scorpio/days-scorpio/