Would I make a good governor?

AstroAries

Would I be good as a governor of Texas? I know Texas became a state and that's a different chart but looking at the original chart of texas republic, Would I make a good governor? My chart forms a grand sextile with texas.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_c.26838.256677.jpg
    astro_2gw_c.26838.256677.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 43
  • texas.jpg
    texas.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 35

purple grace

Would I be good as a governor of Texas? I know Texas became a state and that's a different chart but looking at the original chart of texas republic, Would I make a good governor? My chart forms a grand sextile with texas.
sun in 8th house which conjuncts 12th lord,ur personality is good for a governor ,and u ll get rich from others,ur work needs to speak a lot with public

CapAquaPis

Sun and Moon in 8th here, the Moon is lord of 12th in my house, Aquarius man. Sarah Palin, former Alaska Governor and running mate of presidential candidate John McCain in 2008 is a double Aquarius, her noontime chart has the combo in the 8th (going by this, her ASC is Gemini), but I doubt she'll ever be president. All I know is she's a GOP, I'm a Dem and we care about...but I'll avoid politics.

Osamenor

Staff member
Your 10th house of government service is not very strong, and is somewhat difficult to use. I would expect you to have this be powerful and easy to use.

It's actually more common for elected officials to have strong twelfth houses than strong tenth houses, if they have either.

In this case, neither the tenth nor the twelfth has any particular emphasis.

But the best predictor of future career, when you're already in your thirties, is current career trajectory and preferences. Sure, people can change careers, but if you have any serious ambition to be a governor, you would be doing something political already. No matter what you birth chart looks like, you can't be a good governor without government experience.

So, AstroAries, what do you currently do in politics? Are you doing it in Texas?

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you have a reference for this?

I heard it from Maurice Hernandez, who's written and lectured extensively about the twelfth house, and backed it up with several chart examples of politicians, U.S. presidents in particular, who had busy twelfth houses but empty tenth houses.

His take is that to get elected, a candidate has to present voters with the archetype that most appeals to them. The twelfth house is a house that shows collective archetypes. It carries the weight of society, so to speak. The native may not get that much direct benefit out of it, but it really shows up to others. And it's through other people's responses to their twelfth house, that the native benefits from their own twelfth house placements--as in getting elected to office.

Osamenor

Staff member
Actually, if you use the astrodyne system of numerical strength and harmony,

You will find that the 12th house is emphasized by the fact that it has NO POWER at all. The power house is the 9th with a numerical rating of 116, while the 12th is at the bottom of the scale with a a power rating of 16. Both the 10th and the 12th houses have negative numbers in the harmony friction dept.

This means that the 12th house with no power means the issues of the 12 th house won’t have any carrying power at all,

That's no carrying power for the native individually, if they try to carry it all on their own. The twelfth house can translate to tremendous power when others get involved. It's a collective house. The ultimate collective.

Governors, presidents, and other politicians in a democracy only hold power when the people elect them. It takes others to give them that power. That's very, very twelfth house.

JUPITERASC

traditionally
Main Rulerships: 12th house
represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret
incapable of action or of being fully understood :smile:

Traditionally, 12th is a wholly unfortunate house, associated with sad events
sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation
captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour
all manner of affliction and self-undoing.

12th represents places that are denied access to public view
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style
such as institutions or prisons.

Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house

as places of isolation
but

otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house
which represents religious concerns.

12th has rulership over scandals generally, personal fears
and skeletons in the family closet.

12th significations include secret, unknown enemies
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours

or inform secretly against them: traitors, spies
weakness, infirmity and bondage.

12th also rules great cattle, such as horses, oxen, elephants
of which Ezra notes "...Those which serve as a mount for men..."

12th can be used to signify the mother's kin - 3rd from 10th
finances of friends - 2nd from 11th
sickness of the spouse - 6th from 7th
5th)

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

According to REx Bills:

AFFLICTIONS IN GENERAL(NOT SPECIFICALLY PHYSICAL), AMBUSHES, ANESTHETICS, LARGE ANIMALS, ASYLUMS(NOT JUST MENTAL HOSPITALS bUT ANYPLACE YOU ESCAPE TO), BLACKMAIL, BONDAGE, BROTHERHOODS(AND SISTERHOODS, LIKE ORDER OF THE EASTERN STAR), REPUTATION OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS, PROPERTY OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS, CHARITY AND CHARITY MOVEMENTS, CHEATING, DEATH OF CHILDREN, ENDING OF PROJECTS THAT WERE LIKE YOUR CHILD(LIKE A SCHOOL YOU STARTED CLOSING), CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS, CLINICS, CONSPIRACIES, CONFINEMENT, CRIME, DELUSIONS, DETECTIVES, DETENTION, DISAPPOINTMENTS, ONE'S PERSONAL DOWNFALL, ELEPHANTS, UNEXPRESSED EMOTIONS, ENEMIES THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT, ESCAPE, EXILES, BEING EXILED IN SOME WAY, FALSEHOODS, FEARS, AILMENTS CAUSED BY FEAR, FICTITIOUS NAMES, FRAUD, GRIEF, HANDICAPS, SERIOUS STATES OF HEALTH, LIFE THREATENING ILLNESSES, THE HIDDEN SIDE OF LIFE, THE UNDERSIDE OF AN ICEBERG, HOAXES, RETIREMENT FACILITIES, SUFFERING FROM IGNORANCE, IMPERSONATORS, IMPRISONMENT, INTOXICATION, INTRIGUES, LONG JOURNeyS FOR BUSINESS, KARMA, KARMIC RESPONSIBILITIES FOR OTHERS, KIDNAPPING, LIMITATIONS, LONELINESS, LOSSES, SECRET LOVE AFFAIRS, MEDITATION, MISFORTUNE, MONKS, MORGUES, OBSESSION, OCCULT RELIGIONS, OCCULTISM(THE HIDDEN SPIRITUAL LIFE NOT SEEN IN OUTWARD RELIGIONS), THE SYMBOLIC MEANING OF THINGS ESPECIALLY RELIGIOUS ONES, PSYCHIC POWERS, OIL, OIL WELLS, OPIUM, PAIN IN GENERAL, PLAGUES, POISONS, POVERTY, EVERYTHING THAT IS PRIVATE OR THAT Y9U KEEP SECRET AOBUT YOURSELF FROM OTHERS, PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS, PSYCHISM, PSYCHICS, PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES, PUNISHMENTS, RELIGIOUS FANATICISM, RESTRAINT, RESTRICTIONS, RETIREMENT FROM ANY ACTIVITY YOU DID BEFORE, SCANDalS, SCHEMES, THE OCEAN, SAILORS, SEAWEED, ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE SEA, PLACES OF SECLUSION, SECRET SOCIETIES, SELF DESTRUCTION, SUICIDE, SELF INJURY, SLEEP, SUFFERING, SWINDLES, YOUR TOES, TREACHERY, TRIALS, GENERAL UNHAPPINESS, WELFARE, WOES, WORRY.

I bolded the stuff that ib REx Bills might pertain to politics.