Anyone an aficionado with relationship astrology?

Cypocryphy

Yes, Juno is allegedly about relationships, relationships among equals. What I've read about it sounds mostly like a different version of Venus. But I haven't done any research on that. IMO, we still haven't really mastered the outers, so asteroids aren't really something I would look into at the moment.

Not to be contentious, but I was amused by your statement " haven't done much research" on Juno, which is followed by "IMO, we still haven't really mastered the outers . . . asteroids aren't something I would look into . . . ." Seems odd to make a statement like that after admitting to knowing very little about it. :smile: And I'm not picking! I just thought I would bring an awareness to that, so I hope this is not taken the wrong way. :unsure:

Personally, I've been into astrology for quite some time now, going through different systems, using this and that in a hodgepodge manner, I suppose. I was very much into traditional astrology, which is a very fine, accurate school of study. Nonetheless, what matters to me is what works. I don't care how I get over the mountain, and if it means taking a path that others think won't get me there, I often like to call them up and notify them that I made it to the other side—by going down that path. All that matters is the end result, the accuracy thereof.

I went to a professional astrology (meaning someone who does this for a living, day in and day out) and she used some asteroids. She was shockingly accurate. I have seen readings done by various other astrologers, such as Demetria George, etc, and it works for them. They get information that would not come from any other place in the chart. So, I think that it is premature to be dismissive of such things.

On that note, I think you'll find this interesting. Levee and others did a study of relationships. This is what he found:

After the Sun, Juno is the next most aspected heavenly body. There are 10 Often occurrences and 5 Seldom occurrences. The occurrence frequencies are divided more evenly than the Sun’s; Juno is a significant indicator of marriage for both men and women. The wife’s Sun and Mars Often oppose the husband’s Juno; the husband’s Venus, Mars and Mercury Often trine the wife’s Juno.

The study can be found here: http://www.astroinvestigators.com/marrsyn.htm

I hope you find it interesting. :smile:

Girl_from_Jupiter

So, as promised here goes my take on your synastry (I didn't read through most of the previous posts, so you'll get my unbiased view :biggrin:)

Let's start off with the negatives first, to get those out of the way: The biggest problem I see here is your Mars squaring her Pluto. It's potentially destructive if not violent (not necessarily physical violence, but words can hurt too), even more so since Mars co-rules your Ascendant. With her Mercury in Aries she probably enjoys nice heated arguments every once in a while, but there's always a limit. Her Moon/Neptune conjunction squaring your Pluto won't be all that easy to handle either. I see some hurt feelings on her part.

On a more positive note: I can see why you feel attracted to her. Your Sun/Venus conjunct her Mars and sextile your Mars is just about as hot as it gets. Also, many of her planets fall in your 5th house, so the attraction is definitely there. Your Moon/Saturn conjunction trine her Venus is a lovely aspect to have (one of the best, if you ask me). It adds a lot of sweetness to your relationship. Her Moon/Neptune conjunction trine your Jupiter probably adds some forgiveness, though, in all honesty, I don't think it will be enough to smooth over the problems with the square to your Pluto mentioned above.

Another thing that kind of pops out to me is the conjunction between her Sun and your Chiron. It's kind of two-sided sword. Yes, you can potentially help her heal old wounds. However, wounds are often buried somewhere deep inside our soul and digging up past hurts isn't always an enjoyable process. It will depend on her maturity level how she deals with it and if she's up for that. I'd think that she might be more open for that during or after her Saturn return, when Saturn crosses her Moon...

As for why you can't seem to take this relationship to the next level: well, there's a lot of Plutonian energy flowing around between the two of you which can seem intimidating to some. Also, with your Sun, Venus and Mercury in her 12th house you touch the most private part of her being. Again, having someone around who can see your innermost being can feel intimidating. Good communication might help, however, your Mercuries don't connect, which might be a problem. Also, although not directly related to your synastry, I see transiting Saturn in Sagittarius as a bit of a party pooper here ... it's really raining on your parade right now. :innocent:http://www.astrologyweekly.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

katydid

It is a pretty intense chart. Moon/Pluto, Sun/Chiron, with a yod, or Finger of Fate, pointing to the Sun/Chiron. I think in some ways it feels like things are outside of your control. Something will happen between you two, something will play out, because it is supposed to. Whatever it is. Maybe it will be for the better although it might be difficult or painful at some point in the process.

Sun/Chiron wants to lick it's wounds to try and make it all better. :alien:

There are some very nice, supportive indicators which make it all worthwhile. But it will be a bit of a bumpy ride. She does have that See Saw in her natal chart, and Composites can't change that. I think she is drawn to your intelligence and compassion. I think she usually likes to have the upper hand, but somehow, she trusts you enough to open up to, even though she knows you are more perceptive and more together than her usual 7th house interaction. She trusts you, but not really, because it is intimidating for her to feel that Chiron, and Pluto gazing down. This is new territory for her, to give up some of the control that she usually latches on to.

With a Finger Of God pointing to the Sun/Chiron, it seems that both of you need a good healing from this time together. Whatever it turns out to be, it will be cathartic, aggressive, and emotional. Like pouring rubbing alcohol on an open wound, which is necessary. :tongue:

muchacho

Not to be contentious, but I was amused by your statement " haven't done much research" on Juno, which is followed by "IMO, we still haven't really mastered the outers . . . asteroids aren't something I would look into . . . ." Seems odd to make a statement like that after admitting to knowing very little about it. :smile: And I'm not picking! I just thought I would bring an awareness to that, so I hope this is not taken the wrong way. :unsure:

Personally, I've been into astrology for quite some time now, going through different systems, using this and that in a hodgepodge manner, I suppose. I was very much into traditional astrology, which is a very fine, accurate school of study. Nonetheless, what matters to me is what works. I don't care how I get over the mountain, and if it means taking a path that others think won't get me there, I often like to call them up and notify them that I made it to the other side—by going down that path. All that matters is the end result, the accuracy thereof.

I went to a professional astrology (meaning someone who does this for a living, day in and day out) and she used some asteroids. She was shockingly accurate. I have seen readings done by various other astrologers, such as Demetria George, etc, and it works for them. They get information that would not come from any other place in the chart. So, I think that it is premature to be dismissive of such things.

On that note, I think you'll find this interesting. Levee and others did a study of relationships. This is what he found:

The study can be found here: http://www.astroinvestigators.com/marrsyn.htm

I hope you find it interesting. :smile:

Oh, no worries, I'm a happy camper. :biggrin:

My point was about priority. I don't mind people looking at asteroids and trying to get something meaningful out of it. But it should be understood that those are minor influences, meaning whatever they tell you, it's not going to change the chart in any significant way, it's just going to add more details to already existing tendencies. Said that, the outers are way above asteroids on the priority list. And the outers aren't even understood fully yet. That's why I rather do research on the outers than asteroids at the moment.

I've got Demetria George's book on asteroids, actually. She goes into great detail. It's interesting and definitely thought-provoking. And I am not going to rule out any potential value coming from incorporating asteroids. However, my approach is to start with the basics and keep it as simple as possible for as long as possible. Which means in your case, she already triggers your 7th House. So there you've already got it.

Anyway, as long as you don't turn this Juno aspect into the factor that describes that relationship, I'm fine with your approach.

Girl_from_Jupiter

But what about her Jupiter in a strong trine with my Mars? Wouldn't that help? (And my Sun)
That's gonna add a pleasant type of energy for sure. Together you will get things done with ease. However, I don't think it will essentially help with the Pluto energy. Although, one thing that might help, which also goes great with the Mars/Jupiter trine, is if you maybe find a way to channel all that Pluto energy into a sport that you do together so you have an outlet for all that energy. :cool:

What about the semi-square between our Mercuries? Wouldn't that help, given the other positives? Our Mercuries are harmonious to mine and her Mars and Venus, respectively.
I'm not saying you won't get along at all. The aspects you mentioned will definitely help. I just feel that with your Mercuries being in different elements (Fire and Earth) you will be coming from opposite directions, basically, and you won't always be able to get your point across. However, I do think that, the better you get to know each other, you could work around this seeing how there's other harmonious aspects involving your Mercuries. :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

thelivingsky

Sorry about the error. Yes, this is a much more difficult composite than the one I posted. Mars square Saturn is notorious for difficulty with sexual expression and the ability to work together on joint projects . Moon conjunct Pluto is intense and very tricky. Can contribute to emotional manipulation.

Curiously , I have not seen that Chiron in difficult aspects in the composite causes break-ups. Many long lasting relationships have Chiron conjunct or square the Sun or Ascendant and seem to survive though this seems to be counterintuitive. It just might be that Chiron so placed implies that the relationship will be a vehicle for the healing of some wound and therefore can strengthen the union.

Cypocryphy

Sorry about the error. Yes, this is a much more difficult composite than the one I posted. Mars square Saturn is notorious for difficulty with sexual expression and the ability to work together on joint projects . Moon conjunct Pluto is intense and very tricky. Can contribute to emotional manipulation.

Curiously , I have not seen that Chiron in difficult aspects in the composite causes break-ups. Many long lasting relationships have Chiron conjunct or square the Sun or Ascendant and seem to survive though this seems to be counterintuitive. It just might be that Chiron so placed implies that the relationship will be a vehicle for the healing of some wound and therefore can strengthen the union.

Oh. No worries. :smile:

Yeah. I'll have to see how it works out. The Chiron is very interesting. Some of the standouts for me is the "Finger of God" formation with the Sun/Chiron-Moon/Pluto-Neptune, with the Sun at the apex on the MC/IC axes.

There is Saturn in hard aspect to Mars, but I've also read that this can actually be beneficial in certain situations, ironically.

Also, the benefics (Jupiter and Venus) are conjoined with Mercury, forming a trine to the ascendant. They are in the 9th house, which is important for marriage, at least in Vedic. Also, these plants form a square to the Nodes. And the Vertex is conjoined to the descendant.

The figure of God seems to be associate with really amazing relationships, e.g., Joan Woodward and Paul Newman, as well as Brad and Angelina and John Mayer and Katy Perry.

So it seems to me that the positives might outweighs the difficulties.

Cypocryphy

I’m on my smart phone. I can’t tell what charts I posted, e.g. Solar Retuen, Progressions, etc. I’ll post what is needed but need serious help with career. What’s going to happen this year? I’m sick of working 80 hours a week for a boss that is absolute caca. She has a personality disorder. Cluster B. Maybe Antisocial. Clearly. But could be more involved. She’s my manager. My actual boss is Al Pacino from the Devils Advocate. I’m not exaggerating. He’s not the devil but that’s his personality. Luckily he likes me. Relatively.

Anyway, I need out! I’m not a tool. I’m a person. So I need out. But can’t leave cause we all have to work but looking for a new job.

Please help

Can’t post files from smart phone.

Last edited: