Astrology Software

Cruiser1

Astrolog 7.10

placidus.gif

It's been over 7 months since anybody's posted to this thread. However, the past 7 months have featured improvements in astrology software, such as new releases of Astrolog (7.00 and 7.10). Astrolog at http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm has been available since 1991, however it's latest versions offer a wide variety of classic and modern features, for example:

Astroyog

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient :D). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

You can once use Astroyogi Application I am using too. Astrology app with chat with astrologer feature in it.
They have also iOS version Astroyogi Online astrology app

Cruiser1

Anybody got anything good free for an iMac?
Astrolog is free, and has a Mac version (along with Windows and Linux versions). :) The pre-compiled Mac version of Astrolog is for Intel chips, which modern iMacs have. There's no iPhone mobile version of Astrolog yet, but the Web versions of Astrolog will run in any browser.

Note that the Mac version of Astrolog has a command line interface, which (although powerful and can access every Astrolog chart and setting) isn't the GUI that casual Mac users expect. Still, if you want more information about Mac Astrolog and how to install it, see: http://astronomicon.co/en/download-astrolog-for-macos-with-x11-graphics/

chay

Banned
Re: janus 4

Now is the time to download the 30 days free trial version of Janus 4, the new version of Janus, available now (since December). I totally loved Janus 3, I thought it's perfect, but Janus 4 gives even more.
www.astrology-house.com
Agree, I have tried many kinds of software but Janus is hands down the best. I also met the creators of this software many, many moons ago & can vouch for their expertise. In fact they were planning & creating this computer astrology software before we all had access to technology, because as great astrologers they already had foreseen it.

The Everqueen

Re: janus 4

Agree, I have tried many kinds of software but Janus is hands down the best. I also met the creators of this software many, many moons ago & can vouch for their expertise. In fact they were planning & creating this computer astrology software before we all had access to technology, because as great astrologers they already had foreseen it.

I've been using Janus for 20 years now (I have SolarFire and a few others too!) but Janus is my go to and the one I use everyday. It's the only program that allows you to turn the chart which I find incredibly useful. It's at version 5.5 now and there are a few things about it's layout now I don't like but it's still my favourite!

Cruiser1

turning.gif

It's the only program that allows you to turn the chart which I find incredibly useful.
"Turn the chart" means to rotate houses so that the 1st house becomes (for example) the original 3rd house. It's a technique often used in Horary astrology, and I agree quality astrology programs should support it. Astrolog allows you to do this as well, and you can turn the chart in several different ways. :) For example, in the above animation:

• Upper left corner: Original chart.
  • Upper right corner: Turning the signs. (Only the signs are rotating, while planets and houses stay the same.) This is done by changing Astrolog's "Zodiac Offset / Ayanamsa" setting. In addition to sidereal astrology, this setting can be used for things like adding 180 degrees to positions of charts in the southern hemisphere, which some have suggested should be done.
  • Lower left corner: Turning the wheel. (The entire wheel is rotating.) This is done by changing Astrolog's "Wheel Chart Rotation" graphics setting. For example, usually the Ascendant is always on the left edge of the wheel, but some might prefer the MC to be on the top edge of the wheel.
  • Lower right corner: Turning the houses. (The house wheel is rotating, however since the 1st house is always on the left edge, it looks like both the signs and planets are rotating instead.) This is the standard Horary method of "turning the chart". To do this, change Astrolog's "Solar Chart Setting" to move (for example) the 3rd house to the location of the 1st house.

VirgoMoon

Re: Astrolog 7.10

It's been over 7 months since anybody's posted to this thread. However, the past 7 months have featured improvements in astrology software, such as new releases of Astrolog (7.00 and 7.10). Astrolog at http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm has been available since 1991, however it's latest versions offer a wide variety of classic and modern features, for example:

Thanks for the advice! I'm also looking for astrology software for my Mac. I was thinking about solar fire, but I'm going to try astrolog.

Edit Feb 2022 update: My best friend is now using astrolog (free software), he's a software engineer and is very impressed by the software and all the possibilities. I decided to use Astro Gold for Mac, I'm not the most technical person, so for me Astro gold was the best decision. Truly happy with my choice! Astro gold costs 200 US dollar after using 15% discount from the astrology podcast.

Last edited:

FraterAC

The primary astrology software I use is Halloran AstroDeluxe Platinum.
It does progressions (Secondary/Major, Tertiary, Minor, SA), Solar and Lunar returns (in reference to the tropical or sidereal Zodiacs), allows the user to put in any desired ayanamsha (allowing one to correct transits or returns for precession while keeping the "tropical" birth signs, among other uses), has 12 different house systems available (including a user-defined option), does three kinds of Primary Directions, does chart synastries and composite charts, calculates all planets in Gauquelin sectors, declinations with declination chart, does Modulus and harmonic charts, calculates Antiscion positions and allows multiwheels (up to 4 wheels) to compare those positions to other charts, has Draconic and Heliocentric Zodiac calculations, Asteroids, midpoints, Arabic parts, Witte's 3,800+ Sensitive Points with delineations, planetary nodes, rising and setting times in local clock time or sidereal time, does astro-mapping, plus a multitude of other features and extensive documentation, and has thousands of famous or celebrity charts.
I started out 30 years ago with the free shareware version of AstroDeluxe and eventually popped for the Platinum version. I really appreciate the increased functionality, although it does have a lot of features I still don't use.

I use Astrodynes for Windows to calculate Astrodynes for charts calculated in AstroDeluxe.

I also have the Church of Light's Horoscope 2020 software. While somewhat more limited, this is extremely good at rotatable progressed (Major and/or Minor) and Transit wheels, does tropical Solar, Lunar and some planetary returns, calculates Astrodynes for natal or progressed charts, has graphs to illustrate time periods progressed configurations are in effect, various other features, and has very good chart delineation in text and diagrams (including Astrodyne delineations).

Both of these programs allow the user to override the atlas and locate a chart by terrestrial longitude and latitude only (somebody here asked about that).

FraterAC

Haloran’s programs are great---too great. Most of these programs now have really sophisticated computer modules that will do a standard interpretation or a tabulation with a mini-interpretation so that it makes you look like you are a real astrologer. The only way you can tell if the person now is real is if their interpretations fall into a different frame of reference from that standard ones.

There are several people here on this forum who make themselves look as if they are terrific astrologers, but can’t answer when you ask a very specific question because they are only using a program to make it look like they are real astrologers.

I wish I could name names, but it would be mean.
I don't think names need to be named (as they dance by waving signs).
I have to agree some of these programs have pretty nice delineation modules. I kind of like Horoscope 2020 although it does read kind of keyword-assembled. It's probably OK for a start. Plus it has Astrodyne related features (which I'm still investigating).
If someone is just using keywords, WTH, software can easily be set up to do that.
Maybe one day we can cut out the middle-man (-person?) and let the computers delineate each other?

FraterAC

Halloran's AstroDeluxe, like some of the other more or less high-end programs, is loaded with features the average user is probably not going to get to. I just discovered it does altitude, and a chart based on the prime vertical.
Who knew?
(Well, lots of people...)

FraterAC

BABYLONIAN ASTROLOGY SOFTWARE
Is anyone here actually using this software?
Kolev was one of the first, as I recall, to do primary directions. I remember when this program, or its progenitors, first came out (20+ years ago?).
At the time it seemed somewhat expensive (as well as being kind of exotic).

Machervi

Hi,

I've read all comments and recommendations posted for the last 5 years. Therefore I would like to know what it would be the software to go or the one used the most for professional astrologers?

Thanks