Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:54 PM

Is it her Neptune?

Hi! I am a Modern Astrology student and I am already reading charts for my friends, but this is a tricky one.

This friend of mine says she has the feeling of "being always watched" and that sometimes people find her "weird" She has doubts if it is only her imagination, but she did have minor problems with male stalkers in the past.

Now she is already in her 30's, this issue is making her nervous and she asked me to take a look at her astral chart.

The question is: what can be the source of so much unwanted attention? Can this feeling be a manifestation of Neptune in the first house? Or is she becoming a little paranoid?

My guess is Neptune! But please let me know your thoughts.

Unread 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Re: Is it her Neptune?

I've had a number of friends with Neptune in first house and actually conjoined the Ascendant. They are unique and as text would support have their intuitive sense wired more attuned than most folks do. She has no hard aspects made to her Neptune by way of major angles, however look closer at minor aspects as well to see if they offer some further insight.

I would also pay attention to the moon so close to the Descendant. When the Moon is "exposed" it can symbolize a hypersensitivity to vibes. How these vibrations are perceived and interpreted can be can be distorted if there are deep seated issues stemming from family history (moon) or other emotional trauma—like having been stalked.

With the Moon in the 6th house it is worth noting diet as a factor as well. We know that foods and things consumed can affect our thought processes. Too many twinkies... you know...

And then again, as we always try to find a reason for every anomaly in the human condition, sometimes it's just the way someone is wired. However, it is seldom black or white. Shades of gray surround every issue. So, you are correct in focusing on Neptune first but look at the Moon and it's square to Mercury as well. It's one thing to perceive the intangible vibes around us but Mercury has everything to do with how we process, understand and filter our perceptions.

A*L
Unread 01-10-2014, 06:50 PM

i cannot help to notice all of her planets are placed in the part of the chart responsible with 'public visibility'... just my 2 cents...
Unread 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM

I agree that the afflicted Moon with DC and Chiron provides significant hints for evaluation; the receptivity and sensitivity of Neptune, also representing the imagination, is afflicted with Mercury ...and that can manifest all manner of disruptive imaginations. Note there is also a disconnect between Mercury and Moon, so the emotions and the mind are not in proper sync, and such a disconnect can be highly destabilizing as well. Her 6th H Moon could denote a mood disorder that is in need of chemical rebalancing in the brain through variable methods. Next is of course the t-square implication with the Moon square Venus/Mars and opposition to Uranus/Jupiter in the 12th. Moon rules the 8th, so it could be definitely possible that it is fear driving her nervousness,which is common with Saturn in Scorpio, bringing up the question of Post Traumatic Stress disorder as a possibility ...in that there is much to study about the cause of her sense of instability and vulnerability. The question about paranoia is whether it is a mental disorder caused by chemical/hormonal disruptors or rather that of a vivid imagination...Moon in 6th can be indicative of actual physical disorders as well. On the other hand, many of us are feeling 'situational' paranoia due to the destabilization and havoc being created by the Pluto-Uranus square, as a background generational influence affecting us all...this must all be factored in, as per her general personality adaptation of Sun/Libra, with Moon and Asc in opposition between Gemini and Sagittarius. In such a sensitive issue, one must be cautious about making valid interpretations...
StillOne (01-13-2014)
Unread 01-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Thank you very much. Your insights were precious! Since as I am still a student, I tend to look at the configuration of every planet individually. With your help, it was easier to see the whole picture.

She is indeed very intuitive and I know she has digestive problems, more precisely IBS, due to her anxiety issues.

When I talked to her, she told me she has a sad childhood, particularly the first years. She is the youngest of three siblings and grew up with the feeling that her mother did not love her. She was also bullied at school.

I've always seen her as a beautiful and secure woman, I had no idea she was so unhappy in the past. But her painful childhood and her fragile health can be the answer to her questions.

She is now studying to be a therapist and she says this is helping her gaining more self-esteem and peace of mind
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:28 PM

I didn't see it mentioned but in this scope the Sun is square Neptune. It's not super tight but still very valid an aspect. Both these planets occupy angular houses and so may be quite prominent in the native's life.
Unread 01-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologia View Post
She is now studying to be a therapist and she says this is helping her gaining more self-esteem and peace of mind
This is a great direction for her as the potential for her empathy and intuitive sensitivity to help other—and herself by helping others—is a natural byproduct of such healing work. However, she will have to be very mindful of what might be called, cross contamination—a common occurrence in most healing arts. Being intuitive and sensitive to others is a wonderful ability yet like a sponge that absorbs liquid/fluid (liken to emotion and psychic energy), learning to discriminate and knowing what to block out is a must. She should take time to study techniques for "self cleansing" of chakras, etc. so she isn't taking her work home with her, so to speak.

The down side of this work, for someone with her "sensitivities" is, there is no avoiding the direct activation of her Moon, Mercury, Ascendant... T-square. She must risk becoming entangled in the complex vibrations of the people she is trying to help all the while learning to heal herself at the same time. The risk of being knocked off center through close emotional and mental contact with others will always be staring her in the face. She must really wrap her head around the risks. And they include becoming emotionally involved with some people on a very deep level. She just needs to go into this with her eyes wide open (Mercury)—not just her heart (Moon).

A metaphorical picture of this square is to imagine a big truck filled with water heading into an intersection where another big truck is approaching at 90˚ filled with electronics & computers... Obviously, a collision renders the computers useless and yet the water is still water but with no structure to hold it. This is a crude image of the watery, emotional impressionistic moon's hard aspect to Mercury's electrical intellect and thought processes. It demands both trucks slow to a stop and find a give and take before proceeding. Now, imagine this to varying degrees with every emotion and thought and you have an insight into a Moon Mercury square! Lay this square on top of the Ascendant/Descendant axis and you have a mix that is highly active all the time. And just try to have thoughts without feelings and feelings without thinking about them. Herein is where the loop can reach a critical state, especially if there are deep seated issues stemming from childhood. Every bit of confusion can lead back into the deep memories of the past (Moon 150˚ Saturn) and her highly impressionistic 1st House Neptune.

If not addressed through a conscious, constructive mindful manner, which can include therapy, medication and of greatest benefit, meditation, her life may well be awash in stormy periods, always trying to grasp what is going on; always trying to feel secure while understanding the nature of the upheaval...

The most challenging threshold to cross for her is the realization that she needs to take action when she IS feeling good and NOT wait until she feels everything is in a mess. Remember, the Moon trumps Mercury because the rational mind can not make sense of that which is not rooted in reason. And emotional responses can be totally off the charts when you try to make sense of them.

Yet such is the nature of these issues and you will find as you learn more about astrology and others know you have knowledge in this area, they will most often turn to you for help when life is faced with difficulty. When their life is going well they don't ask, "Why is my life so wonderful?" It's when the sky falls on them... that's when they want to understand, "What the h*** is going on?!?!" It's human nature, I suppose...

So, if your friend values your input in these matters, encourage her urge to purge and confront her demons when she is strong and feeling well. Don't wait until they have her chained in the dungeon of depression and confusion.

I do want to point out, her Sun, high in the sky, conjoined the MC, Trine the Moon, Descendant, etc., signaling that her "soul strength" can come to manage this challenging situation. And in true Libra fashion, BALANCE is the key; balance of mind and emotion. I would add that one of the greatest therapies she can embrace is to channel the Venus, Mars conjunction in Leo, which is Trine the 1st House Sag Neptune, and find a suitable form of artistic expression. If she has not yet opened this door in her life I would consider it a tragic personal loss for her. She needs to play an instrument or join a drama group—something to interact with others artistically. The confidence gained by such courage to "step out" would benefit her through a lifetime... AND she just may be really good at it! (I keep getting this image of a person who would learn to shine from behind a costume while acting out a role.)

You seem like a wonderful friend to be wanting to help her. Good for you.

A*L

Tags
neptune