Virgo

Victoria

A Virgo makes a post and wonders about focusing on the negative?!? That's rich! It was probably a Virgo who wrote those descriptions! And how typical of a Virgo to introduce their post with "I'm sorry. . ." To judge by their passive-aggressive behavior, they must truly believe that the meek shall inherit the earth, and act accordingly!

I put that there because I wasnt sure if the discussion on the negative aspects of virgo would fit under the category of "natal astrology"
As for the "wondering of focus on the negative" is just because I feel generally offended by the steritypical Virgo description.

Passive-aggressive? Clearly we have not met :tongue:
I am one of the most confrontational people I know, and not AT ALL afraid to speak my mind nor am I afraid that someone will take offence.
Sorry if that shatters your view on me or virgo-esque traits, but that's the truth as far as I am concerned.

I love that you guys have taken this discussion onwards!
Finally us virgos might get some pride and confidence!!!

I think there are alot of virgo traits that do NOT fit under the "perfect houswife/perfect husband" category - Like most virgos I know have a
WICKED sence of humor (sarcastic and sometimes mean) yet are ofcourse equally hard on themself, and the fact that virgo to me also is a very creative sign. Perhaps the only sign with the knowledge of the background of whatever field of art sparks his/her intrest, and with the power to get behind it 100% and 'make it' themselves. Though, ofcourse we are a service sign.

Keep it up, people ;)

Judy_AzVirgo

i am Virgo:virgo: Sun and Mercury. I think Virgos are the most boring people on this earth! I've never heard and read any astrologers and sites that Virgo being the sexiest sign (like Scorpio), adventurous (like Sagittarius), or sensitive (like Cancer). Virgo is a very negative sign...introvert and cold hearted. Virgos people are narcissists and too critical of others and themselves. Scorpios like being mean, but we (Virgos) are straight up mean in nature. I really hate being a virgo :( it's just the worst and stupid sign ever.

You want personality, adventure and creativity? Acquaint yourself with a few of these Virgo Sun people: Leo Tolstoy, Hans Arp, Mary Shelley, Michael Jackson, Agatha Christie, Buddy Holly, Johan Wolfgang von Goethe, Keanu Reeves, John Cage, Leonard Bernstein, D. H. Lawrence, Lyndon B Johnson, Liz Greene, David Copperfield, Gene Simmons, Shaun White, Julio Iglesias, Rene Levesque, Reinhold Messner, Cleveland Amory, Temple Grandin, Peter Sellers, Eldridge Cleaver, H L. Hencken, Oliver Stone, Cannonball Adderley, and Charlie Sheen.

You want sexy? Sophia Loren, Sean Connery, Greta Garbo, Raquel Welch, Lauren Bacall, and in my personal opinion, Keanu Reeves. I'm sure there are many younger Virgos who fit this bill ... but I'm old!

Some Virgos have done great services to humanity: Mother Teresa, Jane Addams, Maria Montessori, to name a few.

No reason to trash the sign when you haven't lived long enough to truly explore what it is.

d00dle

One good thing about Virgo sign is that you usually look younger than your actual age!!! YES!

omg lol 100% agree. im in my 30s and people say i look like a 20yrs old (and innocent). Little do they know, i had this dark side.

poyi

Premium Member
omg lol 100% agree. im in my 30s and people say i look like a 20yrs old (and innocent). Little do they know, i had this dark side.

My 1st house Virgo Mars and ascendant are just started shining!! I used to look a lot older than my age when I was younger because of my Sun conjunct Saturn and Capricorn Moon. Surprisingly I am becoming more like a child as I age!! You gotta love that!! Lol!

May be the Myth is Real forever like a Virgin:innocent:! Hahahaha (no way...)

Last edited:

Noth

I put that there because I wasnt sure if the discussion on the negative aspects of virgo would fit under the category of "natal astrology"
As for the "wondering of focus on the negative" is just because I feel generally offended by the steritypical Virgo description.

Sorry. . . I should have made it more clear that I was trying to be humorous!

Dobrev

Awe, kinda sad. I'm a Virgo rising and I get mistaken for being older all of the time. Is the looking younger thing supposed to happen when I'm older?

poyi

Premium Member
Awe, kinda sad. I'm a Virgo rising and I get mistaken for being older all of the time. Is the looking younger thing supposed to happen when I'm older?

http://astrolojay.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/what-is-ascendant-or-rising-sign.html

I heard it somewhere that your ascendant will become more obvious or weaker when you are approaching 30 years old or your Sun sign is naturally weaker. Just some theories. :)

http://astrology.astrozoom.com/index.php?title=Ascendant

I remember that is something to do with the transit/progressions between 27 to 35 years old period, seem to be something to do with the solar returns...not too sure.

By about 30 years old, you progressive moon will complete it cycle.

"The Moon Progresses one-month for every Degree. So, thirty months after your Moon Progressed into Aries, it will now Progress into Taurus, and will Progress thru Taurus for the next thirty-months. This Progression of the Moon is what helps us become compassionate towards others because, by the time we're around 30-years-old, our Moon has gone full circle around the Wheel. This helps us understand others' feeling/emotional-nature better.

p.s. Why the number 30? Because there are 30-Degrees in every Sign. Multiply 30-Degrees by 12-Signs and you get the 360-Degrees of a full circle... the Natural Wheel.
"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120122124514AABlSRn

But people with Mutable signs such as Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius & Pisces are believed to be younger than they look. May be in my case is the Virgo Mars in 1st house. And Capricorn Moon is brighter and happier as we age.

"But Caps have the last laugh on everyone because even though they are born as very old souls, heavy, serious, and rigid; the older they get the more the old goat becomes the playful, young goat, and Cap will often look much younger the older they get while the rest of us start young and end old looking. "

http://www.astro-counseling.com/Sun%20Signs/Capricorn%20Personality/capricorn.html

Last edited:

Victoria

I had the same thing, I could get into any club, pub, whatever by the time I was 14-15, but when I was 20, everyone started checking id's and saying I look younger than I am..

Personally my mars is in the 12th house in virgo,
and all my first house planets (Mercury and Venus) fall in Libra.
But I do believe that we tend to look younger as we age.

I can only speak for myself, but the more I've grown up, the more innocence I see in myself and others and the world, so i feel like today i am younger than i've ever been before.

Judy_AzVirgo

By about 30 years old, you progressive moon will complete it cycle.

Actually, the progressed Moon makes its complete cycle in about 28 years... roughly the same time as one's transit Saturn return. A time of growing up, maturing.

But people with Mutable signs such as Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius & Pisces are believed to be younger than they look. May be in my case is the Virgo Mars in 1st house. And Capricorn Moon is brighter and happier as we age.

"But Caps have the last laugh on everyone because even though they are born as very old souls, heavy, serious, and rigid; the older they get the more the old goat becomes the playful, young goat, and Cap will often look much younger the older they get while the rest of us start young and end old looking."

I've read this before, but am not sure it if actually corresponds to LOOKING younger, or maybe it's a frame of mind or a way of acting/being? I have known a few Virgo rising people who do look young for their age at, say, 30, but it doesn't seem to last. I was married to an old Cappy who definitely looked his age, but who was young at heart. Probably depends on what else is going on in the chart. Just citing my own experiences here.

poyi

Premium Member
Actually, the progressed Moon makes its complete cycle in about 28 years... roughly the same time as one's transit Saturn return. A time of growing up, maturing.

I've read this before, but am not sure it if actually corresponds to LOOKING younger, or maybe it's a frame of mind or a way of acting/being? I have known a few Virgo rising people who do look young for their age at, say, 30, but it doesn't seem to last. I was married to an old Cappy who definitely looked his age, but who was young at heart. Probably depends on what else is going on in the chart. Just citing my own experiences here.

I think that has something to do with happier on the inside so acting younger on the outside hahaha

i am Virgo:virgo: Sun and Mercury. I think Virgos are the most boring people on this earth! I've never heard and read any astrologers and sites that Virgo being the sexiest sign (like Scorpio), adventurous (like Sagittarius), or sensitive (like Cancer). Virgo is a very negative sign...introvert and cold hearted. Virgos people are narcissists and too critical of others and themselves. Scorpios like being mean, but we (Virgos) are straight up mean in nature. I really hate being a virgo :( it's just the worst and stupid sign ever.

I have to disagree. I'm an Aquarius with Scorpio moon and Cap Rising. My best friend is a Virgo. Virgo Sun, Virgo Rising and Virgo Mercury. She is one of the funniest, most creative people I know. In fact, I've noticed a trait among Virgos to have an amazing (if slightly unusual) sense of humor that I adore. Every Virgo I've met so far has had that unique energy and humor. Virgo also shows up prominently in the charts of many successful writers. Look at Stephen King (Virgo Sun) and JK Rowling (Virgo Moon and Mercury). Don't think that Virgo is a boring sign because from an outside prospective it is anything but! ;)

Victoria

we need more, folks!

I'd hate that people feel virgo is the boring sign, and just read sun sign descriptions in magazines.

For one, I am no neat freak, controling when in MY OWN HOME, yes,
but neat freak? Hell would sooner freeze over.

I thing Virgo people tend to be good with words, and good talkers.
They can be amazing people to lean on and talk to and will always come up with a solution to a problem.

Also, I must say, again, The people in my own life I have found can make me laugh to the point that my body hurts have been Virgo.

Male or female, Virgo knows how to take care of people.
We are rather good at feeling what people need.

I would just hate it if any people think of themselves or us as drab people, and I want this debate to get bigger and bigger and for people to read up and understand that Virgo is more than perfection seekers and neat freaks.

charmvirgo

All the twelve signs are equal divisions of the Sun's cycle, there is not any one sign better than the other they are just all different sides of the one Sun and could not exist without each other. You shouldn't undervalue any sign or be personally undervalued for its qualities.

In the Sun's cycle signs of the same element act as a group - Earth signs Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn relate to the physical. First consider the opposites of the Earth element:
Taurus is young, female, beautiful, soft, sweet, rich, fat, full, and the growth of the physical.
Capricorn is old, male, ugly, hard, sour, poor, lean, shrivelled, and the decline of the physical.

Now consider that Virgo comes exactly at the half way mark in between Taurus and Capricorn, therefore Virgo is the balance of the Earth element. That means physically all of its qualities are exactly in the middle.

Virgo is neither too young nor too old, not too sweet or too sour, not too fat or too lean, not too soft nor too hard, neither beautiful nor ugly (practical not aesthetic), it is the physically perfect form - from this comes the reputation of being 'picky' and 'just so' because everything must be just right, Virgo talks about physical order and things in their proper place.

From physical balance and physical order you can guess that this would include physical health because Virgo marks the peak of the physical between Taurus and Capricorn, when something is exactly perfect, in perfect health.

Virgo is the moment of the harvest in nature when the grain has reached its ultimate moment of ripeness, when the fruit has reached its ultimate peak of perfection but has not yet been picked - from this you can understand the allegorical virgin because it is so physically perfect and untouched. Taurus brought the beginning of physical growth, and the moment the fruit is picked the decline of Capricorn begins, Virgo brought the physical perfection in between.

Virgos often seek to retain their physical perfection, they don't want to go past that moment of perfection. Some remain virgins, some are health freaks, some are obsessed with keeping things tidy and in their place, etc.

When something is said to be on neither or both sides it is called neutral. Virgo is neutral which is neither male nor female because it is neither Taurus nor Capricorn. But Virgo becomes female because it turns towards a female sign. You can consider Virgo as the female child/teen who is about to discover the female potential within, who has just reached their peak of physical perfection or sexual maturity and is ripe but untouched. The mutability of Virgo is important because it shows that the physical perfection cannot last. Virgo is neutral transmutable to female.

VIRGO THE VIRGIN IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN

Gemini and Virgo are related by the same ruling planet.
Traditional astrologers know that earth and air elements signs share the same ruling planets, because Mercury, Venus, and Saturn each rule both an air and an earth sign. Earth and air elements are the reverse of each other and that is how their signs relate to each other, and the relationship is reciprocal.

Mercury is one planet/entity/energy expressing its two elements as two signs because each planet has an active side and a passive side to make up its whole. Air is active and earth is passive. Gemini is the active side of Mercury and Virgo is the passive side. Just as Virgo is the practical earth or physical expression then Gemini is the practical air or mental expression, and both being the two sides of the same planet they contain each other's energies - tidy space tidy mind. Where Virgo passively describes a practical object, Gemini will be the idea that actively created that practical object or the concept behind it.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Gemini is Mutable air and is the only air sign not in conflict with the Sun and as such, is not reliant on any element. I don't agree that air would ever rely on earth for anything when it's completely the other way around.

Air is independent and freely exists without any of the other elements so why the heck would Gemini, the strongest air sign have a need for the weakest earth sign? Fire needs air to fan it, water needs air to form it, and earth needs air for it breathe.

[deleted and modified attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: