Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Hairdressers - Venus or Mars?

Or maybe both?

Unread 04-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Account Closed

Re: Hairdressers - Venus or Mars?

Ah, well, I am a hairdresser (of 12 years) and I have Mars (sharp tools) conjunct Venus (self-explanatory) in 10th. In hair-cutting, you cant have one without the other, can you? In colouring now, there is no sharp objects, so maybe just Venus. Hair-up again, Venus. But, I do have to say that for all these imagination is so important. My Mars/Venus conjunction squares Neptune. There is nothing worse than a mechanical hairdresser. Its an art that is applied uniquely to each person's appearance/taste/personality etc. I'll bet many good hairdressers have Neptune aspects to Venus. Also, all the top names I know have gone though the "drugs" tunnel.

P.s., A bit of Virgo/Mercury detail-ism doesnt go amiss either!

Last edited by Mandy; 04-29-2012 at 11:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mandy For This Useful Post:
scorpittarian (05-11-2012)
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Ah, well, I am a hairdresser (of 12 years) and I have Mars (sharp tools) conjunct Venus (self-explanatory) in 10th. In hair-cutting, you cant have one without the other, can you? In colouring now, there is no sharp objects, so maybe just Venus. Hair-up again, Venus. But, I do have to say that for all these imagination is so important. My Mars/Venus conjunction squares Neptune. There is nothing worse than a mechanical hairdresser. Its an art that is applied uniquely to each person's appearance/taste/personality etc. I'll bet many good hairdressers have Neptune aspects to Venus. Also, all the top names I know have gone though the "drugs" tunnel.
Ha, that's brilliant, how apropos. Thank you.

What is the 'drugs' tunnel?
Unread 04-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Account Closed

Cool! I forgot to mention Mercury/Virgo too, but edited it in above

The drugs, I just meant that you know how people with the Venus/Neptune square always get informed about the likelihood of escape through drugs. Well, in hairdressing, drugs are very common in salon staffrooms, and definately after hours. Hairdressers like to party and often stylists are still tripping on Saturday morning whilst cutting your hair. Salons are always pumping with music. It only just struck me now that Neptune may be the common denominator to the imaginative/creative works and the drug/alcohol/escapist culture, in general. So, I'd definately say that Neptune seems prominent in the trade. In regard to your question, I'd say for imagination.

Mercury/Virgo for perfectionism is nice, but its a trade, so I'd assume you can perfect your skill without a prominent Virgo.
Unread 04-30-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Cool! I forgot to mention Mercury/Virgo too, but edited it in above

The drugs, I just meant that you know how people with the Venus/Neptune square always get informed about the likelihood of escape through drugs. Well, in hairdressing, drugs are very common in salon staffrooms, and definately after hours. Hairdressers like to party and often stylists are still tripping on Saturday morning whilst cutting your hair. Salons are always pumping with music. It only just struck me now that Neptune may be the common denominator to the imaginative/creative works and the drug/alcohol/escapist culture, in general. So, I'd definately say that Neptune seems prominent in the trade. In regard to your question, I'd say for imagination.

Mercury/Virgo for perfectionism is nice, but its a trade, so I'd assume you can perfect your skill without a prominent Virgo.
I never knew the hairdressing industry was such a hotbed of narcotic use.
Unread 04-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Account Closed

Well, in London it is, anyway.
Unread 04-30-2012, 04:26 AM

I can see the Mars connection (cutting instruments, etc) however I would consider "beauticians" and related professions, largely under the Venus affinity; note that many consider Neptune a higher octave of Venus**, and in light of the above post re to drug use, this is an interesting and suggestive possible connection.

(**personally I consider Neptune an amalgam of Venus, Moon and Jupiter qualities)
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
Moog (05-01-2012)
Unread 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM

Location: Noida (India), Contact e-mail-anoop.astrologer@gmail.com

Apart from all these planets, Saturn will also play a major role, reason is hairs, and dressing (Mars and Saturn)
The Following User Says Thank You to anoop.indirapuramghazibad For This Useful Post:
Moog (05-01-2012)

Tags
hairdressers, mars, venus