Will My Financial Situation Improve Soon?

misskitty

Hi all. I'm hoping some of you can help me with this one because I do not have a lot of experience with finanical horaries. I am not even sure I have all the significators right here!

I have been having a hard time financially (as a lot of people have, I know). I am just becoming aware of how bad my credit is after my divorce, and all the leftover debt from the marriage. Now I am single and a student again, so I can't afford to pay any of the debt off. Most of my money goes to rent and bills. Anyway, I am wondering if my situation will improve soon, and if so, how will it improve so that I can better facilitate said improvement? I don't want a windfall or anything, just some breathing room.

I have Saturn in my 7th house, but I think that is okay since this is not a romance horary, right?

So I am Jupiter, rx in the first house. Does this mean that there isn't anything I can do right now? It is true, I am sort of stuck at my job because of my educational requirements.

I believe Venus rules my finances, and it is about to station Retrograde and is in the 8th house.

I think the answer is no, things are going to stay this way for a while? :(

What does the activity of the Moon mean- it is about to conjunct Mercury, ruler of my 7th?

financial.jpg

fensi88

I believe Venus rules my finances, and it is about to station Retrograde and is in the 8th house.

I think the answer is no, things are going to stay this way for a while? :(

Yes, your analyse is right, it will not improve soon. Ve is pergrine and in detriment really bad position and in the middle of the sign, so must travel long way to enter Sag and then you can expect improvement it will no longer be in detriment...

misskitty

Thank you for the confirmation fensi. Hopefully this lag time is pointing to the fact that I can't leave my job until I finish my thesis this May. After that, hopefully my job prospects and income will improve! I just have to find a way to make it work until then.

Should I disregard the activities of the Moon, since it is not aspecting or affecting Venus in this question? It's next aspect is to conjunct Mercury which rules my 7th and 3rd house, but I don't see how that is relevant to my question?

BobZemco

For a better assessment you might want to look at your natal chart and primary directions.

Specifically what you'd be looking at is your Natal 2nd House Ruler, the Dispositor of your Part of Fortune and Jupiter.

Just add your current age to the degrees of your 2nd House Ruler and where ever it is, see which Planet rules that Term. That will also tell you how many more years you'll be in your current situation. Do the same with the Part of Fortune.

misskitty

That's interesting, this is the first I've ever heard of this method!

Ok, so if I am doing this right... my 2nd house dispositor is the Sun. My natal Sun is at 15 degrees Aries. If I advance it by 35 years, that puts it at 20 degrees Taurus, exactly conjunct my natal Venus (dispositor of my POF) and almost exactly conjunct my progressed Sun (will be exact in February). Progressed Sun conjunct natal Venus can mean a new significant relationship coming into my life, so maybe it is saying I will get out of my current finanical situation by "marrying above my station?" :p The dispositor of my Jupiter is Mars, and if I advance it then that places it at 29 Pisces, pointing to a situation that is coming to a close?

Thanks for the tip! I hope I am doing this right.

Last edited:

BobZemco

That's interesting, this is the first I've ever heard of this method!

It's ancient, and the best predictive method especially if used with Profections.

There's some examples on the relationship forum in a thread about marriage. The math kind of puts people off I think and it is a little tedious to do, but it works, provided you have the right significators.

Ok, so if I am doing this right... my 2nd house dispositor is the Sun. My natal Sun is at 15 degrees Aries. If I advance it by 35 years, that puts it at 20 degrees Taurus, exactly conjunct my natal Venus (dispositor of my POF) and almost exactly conjunct my progressed Sun (will be exact in February).

You got the math right. There are tables that you can narrow it down to the month and day, and even the hour, but I don't fool with that since people's charts are usually 30 seconds to 2 minutes off. That isn't that big of a deal, but you'll never be accurate on the hours.

The dispositor of my Jupiter is Mars, and if I advance it then that places it at 29 Pisces, pointing to a situation that is coming to a close?

When you direct a Planet (or Chart Point like the Ascendant, MC or Part of Fortune) it won't always make an aspect (and the aspect has to be partile -- in the same degree) so you look at the Term Ruler for the location of the Directed Planet.

Your Directed MC might end up at 8° Virgo and make no aspects, but it will be in the Term of Venus. If Venus is in good condition in your natal chart, then what that says is your job/status/career etc will be okay or doing fine.

misskitty

>>When you direct a Planet (or Chart Point like the Ascendant, MC or Part of Fortune) it won't always make an aspect (and the aspect has to be partile -- in the same degree)<<

If it occurs in my chart where it does make a partile conjunction, do I still need to do the term ruler? I am getting a little hung up with figuring term rulers, but a bit more practice and I should have it. Thanks so much!

Serendipity

You probably knew this was a no as soon as you looked at. Venus is in detriment and in the 8th house of loss. Mars in the sign of Venus detriment and separating conjunction I think indicates the cause of financial issues recently. Perhaps things will improve slightly for just a bit when Venus returns to the sign of it's domicile.

misskitty

I did know immediately, my heart just sank when I saw Venus hanging out there in the 8th. :eek: This chart shows me that I am just going to have to settle into this financially challenging period and wait to finish my thesis to get it resolved. With that said, what do you make of the upcoming Moon conjunction to Mercury? Is this related to my question at all or is it a separate issue?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Just to give you a different perspective on your chart, using the whole sign house system, Mars rules your finances. Jupiter remains your ascendant ruler. Mars is in applying aspect to retrograde Jupiter, and this is called mutual application, a very favorable situation since it will perfect in a trine aspect. Both Jupiter and Mars are in their domiciles and very strong. Thus the answer is yes your financial situation will improve.

There are several methods of timing. In the chart just over 11 degrees of separation exist. However, since Jupiter is retrograde the actual perfection occures at 24 degrees on October 21. Mars will move just 9 degrees. Therefore, in about 9 to 11 months you will find a better employment situation which will help your finances. Jupiter also rules your occupation in this chart.

I do not see how to use either Mercury or the Moon as they are not in aspect to the main significators. The chart does not promise a quick solution to your financial situation but it is coming.

misskitty

I forgot to check whole sign format, thank you Culpeper! That is very interesting because 9-11 months is a sensible amount of time to expect to finish my thesis and then use my MA to get a better job. I am lucky that I have a stable job now, and one that I feel passionate about even, but it is non-profit and does not pay well at all. At least 45% of my income goes to housing costs because of the costs of living in my city, and so I am struggling to stay afloat. I am relieved to hear that it will improve within a year, as it sounds like both methods point to that answer.

BobZemco

If it occurs in my chart where it does make a partile conjunction, do I still need to do the term ruler? I am getting a little hung up with figuring term rulers, but a bit more practice and I should have it. Thanks so much!

Your Sun rules the 2nd House and it is in the 9th House in Exaltation and is also the Almuten of your 10th House/MC.

Your Part of Fortune is at 26° Taurus and Directed it's now a 1° Cancer in the Term of Mars. Mars is in the 8th House, so you might be relying on income or assistance from others.

The Directed Sun is conjunct Venus and in the Term of Saturn.

Directed Sun conjunct Natal Venus in 10th House Venus rules 10th House (Status/Honor/Advancement) and 4th House (a House of Endings) and Sun is the Almuten and located in the 9th House of higher education. I hope you're graduating soon because you might not be at university much longer.

My concern would be Directed Part of Fortune (in the 12th House) square Mercury next year and then square Jupiter about 2 years after that.

In both case, those are financial losses and it looks like legal action not just because that's what the Direction/Aspect means but also because Mercury and Jupiter are in the 9th House and PoF in the 12th.

You'll have another financial upset when Directed PoF squares your Natal Sun.

What happened when you were 19 and 24 years?

misskitty

Mars is in the 8th House, so you might be relying on income or assistance from others.

Argh. The whole point of me going back to school was so I could be self-sufficient after my divorce. My ex-husband even made the comment the other day that I must have been wasting my time the past two years if I am still not making any money. :devil: I WILL make money, but I have to graduate first.

I hope you're graduating soon because you might not be at university much longer.

My scheduled graduation date is May 2011, so I have one more semester to go. I hope this is a good sign that I will indeed finish my degree and be on with my life.

In both case, those are financial losses and it looks like legal action not just because that's what the Direction/Aspect means but also because Mercury and Jupiter are in the 9th House and PoF in the 12th. You'll have another financial upset when Directed PoF squares your Natal Sun.

That is scary. Well, I do not know what anyone would attempt to sue me for... my divorce is done, I am not legally bound to anything right now, and I have no money for anyone to sue me anyway! I have no clue what that might be about.

What happened when you were 19 and 24 years?

19 years old... would have been 1994. I had just graduated High School, started college by paying my own tuition since my family couldn't afford it, and started dating my future husband (now ex-husband).

24 was one of the toughest years of my life. I was laid off from my job. After that I literally had a nervous breakdown and had to seek treatment for severe anxiety and clinical depression that had plagued me off and on for years (runs in my family). It turned out to be a positive thing because I FINALLY accepted treatment and the medication I began taking literally turned my life around. I am still following my treatment plan today. I almost broke up with my then husband as well, over an issue that actually would break us up for good in 2008. Our divorce was final January 2009.

I hope that is what you needed to know!

Thanks so much for your time.

Last edited:

BobZemco

My scheduled graduation date is May 2011, so I have one more semester to go.

You should make it.

19 years old... would have been 1994. I had just graduated High School, started college by paying my own tuition since my family couldn't afford it, and started dating my future husband (now ex-husband).

Your significators for marriage are Ascendant, 5th House Ruler, 7th House Ruler and any Planets in the 5th or 7th Houses (and the Dispositors).

For you that would be Mars, Saturn and Moon. Your Directed Saturn came down and was conjunct the Ascendant. A better contact for you would probably be Directed Moon to either Mars or Saturn, or Directed Mars or Saturn in contact with the Moon or each other.

24 was one of the toughest years of my life. I was laid off from my job. After that I literally had a nervous breakdown and had to seek treatment for severe anxiety and clinical depression that had plagued me off and on for years (runs in my family). It turned out to be a positive thing because I FINALLY accepted treatment and the medication I began taking literally turned my life around. I am still following my treatment plan today.

That's an illness. Any time Directed Ascendant squares or opposes Mars it will be an injury/illness. I had never seen one with Mars in an Air Sign before and I wasn't sure what it would mean.

You have Natal Mars is 8th House (worries/fears) disposited by Saturn in your 12th House (in a Water Sign). That's pretty descriptive, but I would never have guessed. I can pick up medical issues in a natal chart, but not with directions, progressions or transits.

Not everyone has that. My Directed Ascendant cannot oppose Mars and it won't make a square until my late 90s.

Your Directed Ascendant will square Mars about age 54. Anyway your finances shouldn't get any worse, but they won't improve dramatically for another 5-6 years and then you should be okay, except for the few bumps I mentioned.

I almost broke up with my then husband as well, over an issue that actually would break us up for good in 2008. Our divorce was final January 2009.

That would have been Directed Saturn coming down to 15° Leo trine natal Sun. Saturn Joys in the 12th House, but if he isn't in Aquarius, Capricorn or Libra, he's Malefic for the most part, otherwise the trine would have been more positive (although I suppose from you point of view it might have been).

misskitty

I also remembered today that 1999 (age 24) was when I had my miscarriage. That happened months before the breakdown. So there is another medical problem shown by that aspect.

Your Directed Ascendant will square Mars about age 54.

Hmm, I wonder if it will be another situation related to my mental health, or something different. Well, if I can get through what I went through before then surely I will be even stronger to deal with what comes. At least every person who has ever read my palm has remarked that I will live to be "at least" 100, that brings me some comfort. ;)

otherwise the trine would have been more positive (although I suppose from you point of view it might have been).

It was one of those situations where something really bad had to happen in order for something really good to happen. I grieved a LOT over the loss of the marriage, but I was able to go chase after my dreams because I was no longer married. He cheated continuously, and I am better off without him. So, two years later, I would say that out of the pain came something very very positive. The positivity just hasn't been reflected back to my bank account yet. :p

I've learned a lot from this thread. Thank you Bob!

Last edited:

BobZemco

I also remembered today that 1999 (age 24) was when I had my miscarriage. That happened months before the breakdown. So there is another medical problem shown by that aspect.

I'm just eye-balling it. The proper method is to subtract the degrees. The opposition to Mars would occur at 25° Leo 25' so you'd do a little astro-math:

RA Leo = 120° now add 25°25' = 145°25'
RA Leo = 120° now add Ascendant = 121°30'

145°25'
121°30'

Convert for subtraction

144°85'
121°30'
--------
23°55'

That would be around mid-February to mid-March 1994. Could be later than that. It would depend on the speed of your Natal Sun. There's a table you use to figure out down to the week, but I usually only go to the month.

I think the confusion for a lot of people (especially modern astrologers) is that it is the 5th House, not the 8th that represents sex and sexual activity. The 8th House is the end result of sex and sexual activity, because the 8th House is the fourth house from the 5th House, and shows the End of All Matters concerning the 5th House. That is why the 8th House is the House of Parturition (Child-birth) because usually (at least before contraception) sexual activity ended in pregnancy. The 8th House also represents reproductive organs and of course sexually transmitted diseases that affect reproductive organs.

That might better represent the miscarriage. Mars in the 8th House of Parturition disposited by Saturn in the 12th (Separation/Loss/Sorrow) and then Saturn is disposited by the Moon in the 7th House, which points to another [person] and that might more accurately reflect that situation.

Like I said, I'm not very good with medical astrology. If it's in the natal chart, I can see it, but I have a real hard time with medical issues that arise through directions, progressions or transits (except for injuries -- those I can usually see).

For the onset of depression, maybe directing the Moon who rules the 12th House, or Saturn who rules the 6th House.

Hmm, I wonder if it will be another situation related to my mental health, or something different. Well, if I can get through what I went through before then surely I will be even stronger to deal with what comes. At least every person who has ever read my palm has remarked that I will live to be "at least" 100, that brings me some comfort.

Well I hope I didn't put you through any grief, because your Directed Ascendant will NOT square Mars until you over 100 years.

I made a mistake because I was counting from the Ascendant's position opposing Mars instead of from the Ascendant itself, so you don't have to worry about that.

Your Part of Usury is about 21° Aries or so, and its disposted by Mars in the 8th House (naturally) so really watch your interest rates. If you have student loans, try to pay them down for a year, and then consolidate them, to help lower the interest rate, and if you have problems and can't find/get laid off a job make sure you apply for a deferment, because they will really mess up your credit score if you get behind (and they are very bad with reporting to credit bureaus).

misskitty

That might better represent the miscarriage. Mars in the 8th House of Parturition disposited by Saturn in the 12th (Separation/Loss/Sorrow) and then Saturn is disposited by the Moon in the 7th House, which points to another [person] and that might more accurately reflect that situation.

That is fascinating. You say you are not good with medical astrology, but you were able to pin down this event! it is very descriptive, as you said.

Well I hope I didn't put you through any grief, because your Directed Ascendant will NOT square Mars until you over 100 years.

No, not at all, I just figured maybe it was menopause or something... although it is a relief to hear that the square won't happen until much later! :p

Your Part of Usury is about 21° Aries or so, and its disposted by Mars in the 8th House (naturally) so really watch your interest rates.

Thank you, that is actually a reminder I need because I DO need to consolidate. The reason I am actually taking classes this upcoming semester is just so I can get the deferment. I will be so relieved when my graduate years are done.

Thank you, once again, for all of the advice.