Aspects for TALL people

Angel of Light

Air and fire rising generally makes the natives tall but there can be exception to the rules--I think the sun and also the planets that are in the first house helps gives one tallness or not. I have a friend who has Sagiitarius rising and but most of her other personal planets are in Scorpio--she is very short and round.

deanna

Here is another way of determining height-

Whatever a child is at 2 years and 2 months double that and it’s a guesstimate for their height.

This would put my Son (who is Aries Sun/Cancer rising) at 5' feet 11 inches when he grows up.

I am 5 feet 1 inch. The shortest person around in the family.
I am Sag. Rising.

-De

deanna said:
Here is another way of determining height-

Whatever a child is at 2 years and 2 months double that and it’s a guesstimate for their height.

-De

Then i would have been tall.:p
Maybe it's in my mind. Everyone kept saying "if you get tall you can model" and my "anti" Aqua stopped growing.

Courtney Love

Claire19 said:
Sagittarius or Gemini rising. Mercury or Jupiter aspecting or in the 1st house.
Planets above the horizon.

Sag Rising here, Mercury in the first house (capricorn) 7 planets above the horizon yet I'm 5' 4" :(

And my name is Deanna.. Hi to another Sag Rising Deanna!

Ostara75

This is a great post. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking if height could be determined by ascendant.
That's interesting that some people have said Gemini would give higher stature. I wouldn't have thought that, but I could see thinness.
One thing I have noticed is that Aries people tend to be on the short side- but they all wish they were tall, and act like it ;)
I have 27 degrees Aquarius rising and mercury near the ascendant. Quite tall for my mother's side of the family. That comment about Uranus makes sense.
Also, I have noticed that the moon sign seems to have a BIG influence on body type overall, sometimes more than the ascendant.

nejispirit

alliewar said:
What aspects would a tall person have?

A tall male, about 6'0
or
A tall female, 5'7-5'9
Well, let's see, my younger brother is 6'3 and he is a Gemini/Cancer rising/Scorpio moon guy, here are some of his interesting aspects:

Moon opp Mercury
Moon conj Pluto
Sun exactly semisextile Chiron
Sun trine True Node

And next, we have my mother, who is 5'8, she is a Taurus/Aries rising/Virgo moon:

Moon trine Venus
Moon trine Jupiter
Venus conj Jupiter
Sun opp Mars

I note that her Mercury is pretty much right on her ascendant, but my brother's Mercury is in the 11th.

I have a good friend, a Leo/Virgo rising/Virgo moon girl and she is, I believe almost 5'10:

Sun conj Venus
Sun conj Mars
Mercury semisextile Mars
Saturn conj Uranus
Sun trine True Node

Like my tall brother, her Mercury is also in the 11th.

Last edited:

tikana

hey guys

i was thinking .. Height has a lot to do with genetics... and nationality
so i dont know how that would fit into astrology natal charts

Tik

Ostara75

Personality, psychological tendencies, and intelligence levels have a lot to do with genetics too, but that doesn't mean you can't learn a lot more about yourself and others through astrology.

tao

I think Uranus on the ASC or an Aquarius ASC could be one factor.

I'm Aqua Rising, my chart ruler is Uranus in Libra in the 8th House. I'm female and 5'10.

babs

Very interesting thread...

Im a 6'1" female, porportioned very well, who has been told that while I am pretty, its an intimidating kind of beauty marked by certain facial bone structures and eyes that make me "beautiful" but have seen that that makes people afraid to approach me. I have always been a little shy because of my height and appearance and thought I was ugly until someone read my chart (without ever seeing me) and described my appearance to the exact. They said that when I dont smile, I scare intimidate people, and when I smile, it magnetically draws them to me. Also, that my appearance gets me things in life. Apparently, I am quite egoistic as well from my chart, the reader said instead of planets he sees ME ME ME all over my chart. I guess that comes from my Mars in Leo huh? They mentioned something about my asc in leo, and mars and jupiter in first houses. Then again, who knows what it is.... chart attached if anyone can make out an appearance lol

babs

opps forgot the attachment

Attachments

• babs natal.gif
    babs natal.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 61

memento mori

tao said:
I think Uranus on the ASC or an Aquarius ASC could be one factor.

I'm Aqua Rising, my chart ruler is Uranus in Libra in the 8th House. I'm female and 5'10.
i know a very short women [5"0"] whose ac is conjunct uranus.

freeskyblue

I have Sagittarius AC bi-quintile Jupiter.
I'm 5'5. People always say I'm tall the first when they meet me. :rolleyes: Typically, Asians are shorter than most races so it might just be a contrast effect.

Claire19

Sagittarius rising, strong Jupiter aspects to ascendant. Planets in the upper hemisphere of the chart perhaps. Gemini is also another tall sign.
Mercury in the 1st as my daughter who is 6 feet tall.

INteresting to look into all this.

Claire19

I agree that Aries tend to be rather on the shorter stockier side and over compensate in some cases. Aquarius is another tall sign and angular.Gemini rising with my two nephews means well over 6'2" Tall parents in both cases though. :)