Pluto Sextile Neptune

piscesascendant

Hi Ray,

I think you are missing the whole point of this post which is a question about an aspect, and others that can relate to it or have an opinion. I understand you probably know a lot about astrology and more so than some on here. But, I feel that you're looking for an outlet to pick apart the responses of others (because you feel you know more, OR your answer IS the correct one) to gain the attention or the "oooo's and ahhh's" you probably haven't heard from anyone else when you try to impress them with your knowledge about astrology.

If you have anything meaningful to say, I'd like to hear. But if you're going to be critical of the people that graciously respond to help me, you're response will not be needed, and maybe you can find a chat room to argue with someone.

Thanks

lol, that certainly cut to the chase and regained focus.

RayAustin

Neptune sextile Pluto could have the capability of "introducing" more spiritually minded/conscious people into positions of power; or artists/creators that will have an especially powerful effect on culture--specifically those in my generation that also have the inner planets interacting with one of these (especially if the planet rules the ascendant ruler or midheaven or is posited in those mentioned places). It seems like the Pluto-in-Scorpio generation will be leaving a deep mark (I'm pretty sure the facebook creator is in this group, there's one example). So combined with the Neptune influence I think it will produce extremely influential artists as one aspect.

Does anyone go on skyviewzone.com at all? I see how it really isn't a rare aspect at all, but wondering why they would say that it is I guess. What would be considered an actual rare aspect to have?

RayAustin

Hi Ray,

I think you are missing the whole point of this post which is a question about an aspect, and others that can relate to it or have an opinion. I understand you probably know a lot about astrology and more so than some on here. But, I feel that you're looking for an outlet to pick apart the responses of others (because you feel you know more, OR your answer IS the correct one) to gain the attention or the "oooo's and ahhh's" you probably haven't heard from anyone else when you try to impress them with your knowledge about astrology.

I don't need attention, or "oohs", or "ahhs", nor personal attacks ^ on my need for attention; apparently you didn't read where I mentioned I'm saying what I'm saying for people who don't know better or would like to know. So your feelings are wrong about me.

I'm not missing the point. I discussed a very valid point that Pluto cannot aspect Neptune. That really does change the interpretation, since Neptune is coming towards Pluto and with that has a different meaning. I work with horary which makes a lot of use out of things like that. Yes I know some people considered the chart fixed, but this topic did not mention specifically Neptune sextile Pluto in a natal chart. It was very open ended. I'm sure people can benefit from what I'm saying so it's unfortunate you take what I say so negatively.

:smile:
helpfully,
R.a.

Last edited:

waybread

Ray, I am happy to justify my points and rebut yours--but on another thread, perhaps, at the OPer's request.

Sagiquarius, I don't know why someone would say this is a rare aspect! It would be extremely common for two people close to the same age during the long period of Neptune sextile Pluto. (There, Ray!)

RayAustin

Ray, I am happy to justify my points and rebut yours--but on another thread, perhaps, at the OPer's request.

Sagiquarius, I don't know why someone would say this is a rare aspect! It would be extremely common for two people close to the same age during the long period of Neptune sextile Pluto. (There, Ray!)

Lol ... I agree, I don't see why someone would say it is rare either.

Caro

Im interested in the note about rare aspect between two people.

in the natal chart -huge numbers of people have that aspect, those born in 60's the pluto in virgo sextile neptune in scorpio. it is a nice placing for both

then I started to read some of the other replies - what is going on here! :rightful:really! can you consider the way you write and the general hostility. this is a discussion and debating forum. some manners please. life is not black and white and neither is astrology.

(I get the feeling that this will be picked up by the wrong people) every post I see its the same two who keep popping up.

waybread

Great point, Caro!

Olivia, There are branches of astrology in which applying and separating/faster and slower planets do make a critical difference. But in ordinary synastry of the kind the OP asked about, I don't see it.

Makes me wonder, though, if you had Neptune retrograde or stationary while Pluto forged ahead, whether it might sometimes technically be the faster planet. The outer planets are retrograde a lot of the time.

RayAustin

Makes me wonder, though, if you had Neptune retrograde or stationary while Pluto forged ahead, whether it might sometimes technically be the faster planet. The outer planets are retrograde a lot of the time.
You don't need to wonder very much, of course it would sometimes technically be the faster planet. :smile:

RayAustin

Caro, that's the whole issue. Perceived hostility. I wasn't being hostile if you are referring to me, and perhaps you should name people rather than allude to them or not mention them at all?

Honestly, I find it really annoying that you and others are responding encouraging this kind of argumentative post. If you or anyone else likes to just argue, do just that, SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's one thing to explain your opinion but I felt she was degrading others by suggesting she knows best. Honestly, if anyone is going to argue or continue to conflict within this post, just don't. Geez.

RayAustin

Honestly, I find it really annoying that you and others are responding encouraging this kind of argumentative post. If you or anyone else likes to just argue, do just that, SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's one thing to explain your opinion but I felt she was degrading others by suggesting she knows best. Honestly, if anyone is going to argue or continue to conflict within this post, just don't. Geez.

Sagi,
Maybe you shouldn't see it as arguing.
Maybe you should use less feeling and be a little more objective about the posts here. I wasn't degrading anyone. :rolleyes: Who is arguing? In fact you were the only one to be rude and uncalled for in this whole thread. Whether you see it or not, my posts were very on topic and I introduced a valid point to this thread, I don't come here to degrade infidels.

By the way, this is a silent medium. You shouldn't assume so much intention through text.

Edited to say: I do apologize that this led to derailment due to me and WB debating (debating, not arguing) but that still is not a justification for petty insults. I also see the original post was more synastry based; I interpreted it more open ended (it seems others did as well).

Last edited:

Oren

hmm...lots of misunderstandings happening in the forum the last weeks...mercury retrograde maybe? only 3 days left of that right? SMILE PEOPLE :biggrin:

anyways, I have natal neptune sextile pluto, but in terms of synastry, wouldn't the rarity depend on further details? like in what signs the respective neptune and pluto are in?

waybread

Sagiquarius, just to try to stay (ahem) on-topic, I just did a quick scan of an ephemeris. Using a 5 degree orb, Neptune and Pluto were in a sextile relationship from roughly 1943 to 1992. Obviously one could narrow this orb, but the sextile actually had a much tighter orb for much of this period. This is why I say it would be a common aspect between two people born at roughly the same year throughout this lengthy period; because both people's Plutos and Neptunes will conjunct one another's at a time when the sextile was in effect. Right now, only seniors older than 67 and young people would not share this aspect with their cohorts.

So in synastry, the Neptune & Pluto sextile on its own would have a generational effect that you would share with your entire age cohort.

Also, to pick up on/debate Ray's point, to get a sextile operating for 40 years, you would have to have plenty of times when Pluto moved faster than Neptune. Otherwise Neptune would have closed the gap, because it generally has a shorter orbit period.

Oren, for anyone born in that 40 year period, the sextile would still pertain. Quite likely, the signs of two people born around the same year would also be the same, unless two people were born around a time when Pluto or Neptune changed signs. So it would make sense to look at house placements, the planets ruling the signs on Neptune's and Pluto's house cusps, and aspects between Neptune or Pluto to personal planets. Beyond that you could look at midpoints, or what-have-you!

And yes, in astrology forums there is a fine line between a member genuinely trying to be helpful in a teaching mode vs. correcting or even goading people as a means of registering her superiority. This line can exist one way in the poster's intention, and in another way in the (annoyed) minds of the recipients of her posts, moreover.

RayAustin

Also, to pick up on/debate Ray's point, to get a sextile operating for 40 years, you would have to have plenty of times when Pluto moved faster than Neptune. Otherwise Neptune would have closed the gap, because it generally has a shorter orbit period.
I have already acknowledged that consideration. :smile: And just like any form of language you modify to the context -- that should be assumed.

Oren, for anyone born in that 40 year period, the sextile would still pertain. Quite likely, the signs of two people born around the same year would also be the same, unless two people were born around a time when Pluto or Neptune changed signs. So it would make sense to look at house placements, the planets ruling the signs on Neptune's and Pluto's house cusps, and aspects between Neptune or Pluto to personal planets. Beyond that you could look at midpoints, or what-have-you!
Necessarily I'd consider this in synastry to be very underlying and perhaps unable to be perceived--considering the fact many people share this aspect and would probably be accustomed to the energy.

And yes, in astrology forums there is a fine line between a member genuinely trying to be helpful in a teaching mode vs. correcting or even goading people as a means of registering her superiority. This line can exist one way in the poster's intention, and in another way in the (annoyed) minds of the recipients of her posts, moreover.
OT (may it be moved if necessary to please the OP): On the horary boards people are used to me writing in the way that I do and do not assume (as their comments express) I am "goading" which means "to provoke or annoy", which is a very strong difference than being helpful rather I am quite thanked; obviously the OP hasn't seen many of my posts there then they would notice I was being no different--most of my posts on this thread were enlightening Waybread on her incorrect assumption of my thoughts/ideas of astrology.
Secondly .. what I was mentioning in my initial post on this thread was not "my opinion for the sake of expressing it or register superiority(lol)" (which would be vapid) but making light of an age old philosophical concept of sidereal movement; I think it's silly to have to defend something like that. :smile: And then also be accused of goading. :rolleyes:

:smile:
r.a.

Last edited:

Inside Out Orange

I'm not sure what the orb for a sextile is but using 6 degrees and checking the ephemeris ...

From 2016 to about 2040 there will be a Neptune sextile Pluto aspect.
- in 2016, Neptune is at 11Pis and Pluto at 17Cap.
- in 2040, Neptune is at 2Tau and Pluto at 26Aqu.

Looking to the past ... Neptune sextile Pluto was in effect from 1940 to 1994.
- in 1940, Neptune was at 25Vir and Pluto at 1Leo.
- in 1994, Neptune was at 23Cap and Pluto at 27Sco.

As I say that's a 6 degree orb and there are times in the early/later years where they're drift out of orb, but essentially it's not that rare for this century.

At some point it'll be very rare as Neptune accelerates away from Pluto. In fact after 2040, I don't think it'll happen again for about 200 years.

waybread

Ray, let it go.

I don't think you are interested in actual debate so much as in dominating our exchange, which has become tiresome. You are not asked to "defend" anything, let alone to rebut whatever you believe I might think about you personally or your knowledge of astrology. Your most recent remarks to me appear goading, when you talk about your "enlightening" me. Which didn't take, unfortunately.

But hey, thanks for conceding my point about occasions when Pluto does sextile Neptune.

RayAustin

But hey, thanks for conceding my point about occasions when Pluto does sextile Neptune.
There's nothing to concede; a logical astrologer would assume that, Waybread--that's a given concept that a slower planet would at times be the faster; so for you to claim it as some triumph is trivial.

Edited to say,
I appreciate you addressing me further with off-topics off the board (otherwise I'll ignore it). :smile: Thanks.

Last edited: