OW, my neck & shoulders!!--Transit Saturn conj. my Sun

J.Lily

:pinched: I haven't been able to sleep because I currently have been having probs with my R shoulder and what really stinks is that I already have had chronic (for years yes) probs with my L shoulder and (for even more years) neck in general. I have had a generally tough year I am 0 Libra so yes Saturn is approaching my Sun. I am thinking this represents my extreme stiffness again:pinched: ouch...
So what I am thinking. I am thinking that If I were to go buy those sticky heat pads that I can put on my neck--or heating pads or chiropratic & tens unit or MASSAGE!! or basically all of this I NEED!!!
I bought the 2 cd Lee Lehman lecture from NORWAC about Medical Astrology and was thinking should I counteract that Saturnian COLD DRY with some maybee?? Moist Heat?? although I prefer DRY Heat because I think having a Wet Neck irritates me.

any suggestings appreciated ouch:pinched:
I will try to post my natal once I remember how I did it once before, but I will say I am also 28 Capricorn rising. Saturn in 20 Gemini, 10 Aries Moon.

starlink

Hello J.Lily, use this link for uploading:

subscribed.gif
sticky.gif
Sticky: Attaching Chart as a Thumbnail!

Transit Saturn conj. my Sun

Yes, no surprise here! This is often seen. There must also be some aspect like that in your chart maybe. Will wait and see what I find once you have uploaded the chart.

Your Saturn in the movable sign of Gemini also suggests problems with mobility. As do Saturn-Mercury connections, it is all the same mix. Saturn has to do with bones after all and teeth, skin, and Mercury rules movements. And because Saturn rules your Ascendant..... Well, there you have it.

J.Lily

Ok I think here it is, yes its a bit hard to read but I got it up much easier than last time using the R click! Yes, That thinking about Gemini Merc Mobility being affected by Restrictions Stiffness from Saturn is so True. I am just becoming interested in the Medical although you think I would have had the interest before because I am a nurse. (note my Scorpio MC & Mars Virgo, 8th house,N.node 12th) I am also thinking of going into Massage Therapy, yet I wonder if physically I can even make it, but mentally I experience ALOT of stress working in the hospital already. Stretching and movement helps. I did take one Reiki class which I also enjoyed. I like that saying-- physician heal thyself- I am not a physician,but I would like to heal myself!! I want also to try and keep myself healthy- generally I don't probably eat enough but I do eat healthier than most. I avoid pop, chips, junk food, processed sandwich meats, etc. I am not a vegetarian, lost too much weight when I tried that yrs ago. I do have a lump in my thyroid and a new one in my R breast which I need to go get checked this also is a source of pain, (but it fluctuates monthly so I am thinking Moon related perhaps because Cancer is cusp of 6th) Is it because the Moon is in the 2nd and the 2nd is Taurus natural house and that would be Neck or am I oversimplifing?

Attachments

• me Oct 2009 w transits &progressions.jpg
    me Oct 2009 w transits &progressions.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Carole

J.Lily:

I would like to add that having a Capricorn Ascendant, your health is ruled by Saturn. Saturn is in Gemini, position that may cause, among many other things, arthritis and/or dislocations of arms and shoulders.

Saturn is in opposition to Jupiter in your chart, indicating some kind of mineral imbalance (probably calcium), and Jupiter is in Sagittarius, which also may cause reumathism.

Transiting Saturn is conjunct your natal Sun, affecting your energy levels and overall health one way or another, and transiting Uranus squares your natal Saturn, adding up to the stress you already may have in your life.

Transiting Pluto in Capricorn exerts its influence over your health through a conjunction with your natal Jupiter and opposition with your natal Saturn, increasing the possible lack of calcium or any other minerals. With Uranus influence via the square to your natal Saturn, you could start to experience pains in your legs or spasms and cramps soon. If that were the case, then checking your calcium levels would be wise to confirm or discard a possible need of this mineral.

Another thing to consider in your case: People with many planets on 8th house tend to be, act and feel intensely, so they are also more prone to get stressed over almost everything, worsening their health problems because of that. Your neck stiffness could well be caused by stress.

It might be great for you to try Reflexology massages to relax your neck and shoulders muscles and to deeply control stress.

Good luck!

Carole

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi Lily,
I'm one of those people who, through astrology, place an emphasis upon physical problems being the result of inner issues one has not dealt with.

Gemini rules the arms and shoulders and the ruler of the Ascendant, Saturn is in the sign, as has already been stated. Saturn can infer 'burdens' one feels to carry upon one's shoulders. So, what is the weight you have been carrying around with you for so long that you won't/can't shug off? Saturn is ruler of the 12th house, and there is an astrological theory that when the 12th and 1st houses are in the same sign, one can be one's own worst enemy!

Mars in Virgo is square Saturn as well as Jupiter. It is the instigator of the Jupiter-Saturn opposition that might otherwise be considered too wide. High highs followed by low lows, mentally speaking? Virgo can be very nitty-gritty, aggravating, bitter, hold on to irritational grievances, which Mars can turn into bitter gall if someone does not have the gall to take action about that which aggravates and grieves them. Gall stones, another Mars-Saturn affliction, that I was told take 7 years to form, can also give pains between the shoulders, yet arising from the Virgo-ruled gall passage.
Mars-Saturn; sure hot packs will relieve the pain in the shoulders but they will not get to the root 'cause' of the problem, which may not be entirely physical.

Gemini is ruled by Mercury. There is also a Moon-Mercury opposition and, by coincidence, Moon is ruler of the 6th house of physical disorders and 7th of private relationships. So, what's been on your mind for too long that makes you so emotionally angry, yet unwilling/unable to talk about in order not to upset any apple cart?

2 cents of thoughts.

Frisiangal

J.Lily

J.Lily:

Saturn is in opposition to Jupiter in your chart, indicating some kind of mineral imbalance (probably calcium), and Jupiter is in Sagittarius, which also may cause reumathism.

Transiting Saturn is conjunct your natal Sun, affecting your energy levels and overall health one way or another, and transiting Uranus squares your natal Saturn, adding up to the stress you already may have in your life.

Transiting Pluto in Capricorn exerts its influence over your health through a conjunction with your natal Jupiter and opposition with your natal Saturn, increasing the possible lack of calcium or any other minerals. With Uranus influence via the square to your natal Saturn, you could start to experience pains in your legs or spasms and cramps soon. If that were the case, then checking your calcium levels would be wise to confirm or discard a possible need of this mineral.

Another thing to consider in your case: People with many planets on 8th house tend to be, act and feel intensely, so they are also more prone to get stressed over almost everything, worsening their health problems because of that. Your neck stiffness could well be caused by stress.

It might be great for you to try Reflexology massages to relax your neck and shoulders muscles and to deeply control stress.

Good luck!

Carole
Yes Carole, I have taken your suggession and I do have some Calcium supplements as well. There was a time a few years ago that I overdid myself at work and I did have leg spasms and cramps- I did a late shift only to return again after only 4 hrs sleep my son was only 10months at that time and I was also trying to breastfeed so I would bring the pump to work and try to express milk to save for him- yeah I ended up in the ER with a heartrate of 165 BP up and legs cramped like they locked up and then I realised I better calm down- I do not want that to happen again. As for the hot pack- I have been keeping it on almost constantly. I will find out when they are doing bone scans I think I might get one for free as an employee. About Uranus- I hadn't really looked at that but yes its a part of the picture and I may be having to look for another job to supplement the income for my family- Sure I saw it coming up on my 2nd house, but I haven't yet redone the resume- lately I have been called off work ALOT. The bank has dropped to an all time low. I realise also what I do is when I work-I work nonstop. I do set limits and always try to at least stop to eat, because when I am at work it IS intense- I deal with critically ill people plus I am a resource so I never really know where or even if I will work until the last minute (sounds like Uranus right!). I think I need more of a relaxing and or peaceful job if that is at all possible. Today I am gonna get myself off to the massage therapist maybee even for 30min. I also think I will take your advice on the minerals perhaps by drinking mineral water, I have been drinking alot of tea and I probably shouldn't due to its caffiene, but I love tea with cream and honey! Thanks again ..
Julie

J.Lily

Hi Lily,
I'm one of those people who, through astrology, place an emphasis upon physical problems being the result of inner issues one has not dealt with.

Gemini rules the arms and shoulders and the ruler of the Ascendant, Saturn is in the sign, as has already been stated. Saturn can infer 'burdens' one feels to carry upon one's shoulders. So, what is the weight you have been carrying around with you for so long that you won't/can't shug off? Saturn is ruler of the 12th house, and there is an astrological theory that when the 12th and 1st houses are in the same sign, one can be one's own worst enemy!

Mars in Virgo is square Saturn as well as Jupiter. It is the instigator of the Jupiter-Saturn opposition that might otherwise be considered too wide. High highs followed by low lows, mentally speaking? Virgo can be very nitty-gritty, aggravating, bitter, hold on to irritational grievances, which Mars can turn into bitter gall if someone does not have the gall to take action about that which aggravates and grieves them. Gall stones, another Mars-Saturn affliction, that I was told take 7 years to form, can also give pains between the shoulders, yet arising from the Virgo-ruled gall passage.
Mars-Saturn; sure hot packs will relieve the pain in the shoulders but they will not get to the root 'cause' of the problem, which may not be entirely physical.

Gemini is ruled by Mercury. There is also a Moon-Mercury opposition and, by coincidence, Moon is ruler of the 6th house of physical disorders and 7th of private relationships. So, what's been on your mind for too long that makes you so emotionally angry, yet unwilling/unable to talk about in order not to upset any apple cart?

2 cents of thoughts.

Frisiangal
..... that was deep, I want to meditate on this one...very deep and weird that you brought up the apple cart thing reminds me of my first Astrological read when I got my chart rectified. I am the type who doesn't talk much or complain about circumstances. I do tend to get dumped on at work being that I am not a part of any one unit- the freedom is great but I know I really get assigned all the difficulties. I feel like I am taken advantage of I do end up there long after the rest of the shift has gone home. I recently had to write a report (my boss suggested that I write the complaint) about a certain troublemaker who I found out from her was abusing alot of nurses. Ok so I wrote that complaint out and actually that time was the week this shoulder pain came out. I will be trying to get to the root of this. You are right I do carry the burdens and I hold in alot of anger, in fact I am still seething about this person who suddenly went off at me like an insane person. (Sure it happens alot to me as a nurse alot, but the difference was he accused me of cheating him) I polietely went to get the charge nurse- because I am not allowed to speak out basically with my job its like-- the customer or patient is always right its our motto How can I help you? Very 12th house like , well yes its a hospital I am like the servant nurse who I basically am the type who goes out of the way to help people, so I get alot of compliments in fact I should be happy that I do get alot of patients that compliment my service much more than complaints so I should be happy you would think. (I just wish all those people who appreciate me would speak up) Then I also know I basically should be happy I even have a job in this economy.
I think everyone who has a job hears this one, especially when it gets tough.

I really have alot to contemplate here, theres more..perhaps I need to scream!!

Thanks again very insightful
Julie

gemini59

Sometimes we can't say what we feel to our patients, customers, consumers, patrons. But we can talk about it it to someone.
The key is acknowledging our anger and expressing it ,....'apropriately'
I was thinking about neptune. It appears neptune has a postivie relationship to mercury sun and moon however it has been forming an inconjunct to that stellium and in particular to your natal mars...assertion.
Neptune is the planet of dissolve and with mars it may tend to dissolve our assertion making our 'umph' disappear and our edge not so edgy:)
This further emphasizes this idea of your anger not fully expressed because right now and of late you may have a hard time really feeling it and recognizing it. It may come out sideways:(
With mars/venus square neptune in my chart others end up being mad for me! I just get depressed and I don't know why! Then I get mad a dumb stuff like someone borrowing my mascara which I rarely use.
My two cents.:)

J.Lily

Cassandra, Yeah, I am probably taking some of this out on my loving Pisces rising Husband. Well I have been told that my natal 10th house Neptune will do me good and I probably should look into mediatation. I also love to study Dreams Lucid dreaming and dream therapy, its just that if I can't sleep well I do tend to get irritated as you can probably tell. Yeah generally I will hold in anger, ... writing it out does help ....thanks again
Julie

katastro

You have a magnesium deficiency. Take the supplement before bed as it will make you sleepy. This will also help you to better sleep through the night and avoid the pulsing spasm feeling in your muscles.

Best,
Kathryn

J.Lily

Thanks so much for the reply- I still am in pain (its actually worse) and just earlier today maybee even right when you posted I had a chance to read the Diane Cramer Managing your Health and wellness book ( its from the Astrology made easy series) so I was looking at all my placements of the planets in signs and Magnesium showed up alot! reading about Magnesium- Then You confirmed it! sounds like a good idea (its gotten so bad now that I can barely lift my son barely lift groceries and for the past 2 or so weeks I feel like the shoulder is actually out of socket it clicks back and forth)Never did get a massage yet- I am just about to call a chiropracter now too. I will definatly pick up that supplement Thanks again

Last edited:

J.Lily

Ok I am trying Mineral water now, can't find cell salts but I will definatly look. I did finally get a massage (although I must say it was really Saturnian to get a Massage Therapist who was complaining about her hand from the start then about her boss then etc yes very restricted and so yes I am still feeling sore &restricted lol!) I did get a chiropracter and am getting the TENs unit when I go which is great if they crank it almost all the way which I like!!:biggrin:. Been thinking about the effects of Transit Uranus in my 2nd opposite my natal Mars in the 8th too. I may take up Yoga or Mediatation. I know I definatly need the relaxation in my life. Thanks again for all the support and replies.

yelena234

:pinched: I haven't been able to sleep because I currently have been having probs with my R shoulder and what really stinks is that I already have had chronic (for years yes) probs with my L shoulder and (for even more years) neck in general. I have had a generally tough year I am 0 Libra so yes Saturn is approaching my Sun. I am thinking this represents my extreme stiffness again:pinched: ouch...
So what I am thinking. I am thinking that If I were to go buy those sticky heat pads that I can put on my neck--or heating pads or chiropratic & tens unit or MASSAGE!! or basically all of this I NEED!!!
I bought the 2 cd Lee Lehman lecture from NORWAC about Medical Astrology and was thinking should I counteract that Saturnian COLD DRY with some maybee?? Moist Heat?? although I prefer DRY Heat because I think having a Wet Neck irritates me.
Hi Julie,
As I have problems with neck muscles as also with right shoulder, my massage therapist told me years ago to do X-Rays from my right shoulder to see, what is wrong? She told me also, that is not good to have a massage.
After X-Rays there was some kind of calcinations of the right shoulder. Later was wrong with ligaments (tendons) all along from the shoulder scapula muscle until upper arm. I was told in one Forum that that should be operated. Fortunately it was better; I didn’t do that because I have started to eat easy and healthy food.
I don't understand why you talking here about muscles? They are between shoulder and the neck. As a nurse, you know that there are joints and ligaments or tendons (the last one is difficult to heal).
About Magnesium: I took them for about 2 years as long as they did help. Later, no more!
There are still some massages, like Chinese massage or Ayurveda massage that can help you. You need very soft massage.
About Chiropractors: I have enough experiences with them. They are for disks, joints but not for the muscles. I was 6 years with them and they never did help me for my neck and shoulder muscles.
My Chart: ruler of Gemini (shoulder), Mercury is in Aries (head); my Sun is in Taurus (neck and thyroid). In my case all is going from the head down: over neck, scapula and shoulder until upper arm.
As I have bad experiences with all, they have to do with shoulder and neck; I am trying to find some good Nutritionist.
Some members in Health Forum wrote to me, to visit Osteopath.
In my book about Medical Astrology is: planets having good aspects with ruler of 6th house can help. In your case: Neptune in Sagittarius and Venus in Leo have good aspects with Moon, ruler of your 6th.

Hope, you are going better.

http://www.round-earth.com/ShoulderPainIntro.html -

Y.

J.Lily

Thank you for your concerns. I have had neck problems sience I was in High school and now thats 20 years ago. I am no sure exactly when then possible injury occured, or if I was just born with a misalignment. Chiropracters do help me (sorry you had a bad experience). Do you actually see something in my chart that indicates I should aviod them, or is it just your personal bad experience? I actually have had wonderful results so thats why I thought go back. Saturn is MY chart ruler-BONES- and this is originating in my stiff neck. I understand there are other specifics in the human body and appreciate your detailed diagrams. Personally also, I do not like soft massages, (I really like it deeper, could be that I have Pluto conj Sun in my stellium haha) but I really do think the Chinese lady at the mall nearby SHE IS THE BEST massage practicioner I have ever had. I am thinking even though I get massage therapist for 15min along with the chiropracter adjustment, I want to go back to her- The way that she streches me out even in 10min was 100% better than a 1 hour massage I got at the office. Again I do well with adjustments, it increases my range of motion. Stiffness is a major issue for me, Saturn ruled chart. My natal Mars in Virgo is square my natal Saturn in Gemini. Do tell me if you see any indicators (chart wise) if I should avoid chiropractic-I am openminded. If you think of chiropracters as Uranus-like which I do- especially the TENS unit which I LOVE- then you can see that Uranus has alot of Good aspects, currently Transit Uranus is Trine my midheaven. Uranus has a sextile to Venus in Leo which Yes has a current transit by Mars and Mars will be stationing very close this month prior to retrograding (in fact Mars could be indicating injury itself besides the Saturn going over all my Libra placements). Sure, I know my Natal Uranus is opposite my Moon- well electricity doesn't go well with water anyways TENS unit is dry & electric. When Saturn reaches this point conj. Uranus- then these options may not work as well. Just like the stiffness is Saturnian factor, I may just have to wait it out with the Transit and stretch along the way. I have had periods of stiffness that come and go over the years, I also feel that I should have been working out (Yoga or something Mars Virgoish) while Saturn was in Virgo, because now that its in Libra its apparant how weak & stiff I am. Alot going on lately not just medical-besides this my Dad just got put in the hospital for chest pain, and my kids are very demanding, also I am working alot so I am distracted from myself by taking care of others. (thats actually moon like- nurturing isn't it!)
Take care,

waybread

Julie, this is a dumb question, but nowhere do you mention that you have actually seen a MD about your health problems! If not, why not? As a nurse, you wouldn't seem to be totally averse to the medical establishment.

Also, if you received muscular-skeletal injuries from your job [stuff like lifting patients], are you eligible for worker's compensation? Even if you don't have your own health insurance, your hospital is probably required to carry it and it may cover physiotherapy. In the Canadian province where I live, my employer-provided extended health care benefits also include a few chiropractic visits.

But for sure, you need a breast exam by a MD. With Chiron conjunct your moon facing opposition, it seems prudent.

J.Lily

I wish, I could say I had done this at work, well either way I am resource so I don't get benefits through them. Fortunatly I do have insurance through my husbands work. It will cover chiropracter after I pay the 1st 400 dollers deductable. Which because its the end of the year any thing that I pay isn't gonna count really:annoyed:. Sure I don't mind to see the general MD. thats an option, with all that going on around me it wouldn't hurt.
OK what you said about Breast exam For sure, I will call them today I have been thinking about that as well but never mentioned it, Thanks for mentioning
In general been caring for others need to care for self too

yelena234

Hi Julie,
For our health is on the first place: Sun sign and Sun place. You have Sun in Virgo in 8th house, also house of health (more surgery). You have 5 planets in 8th house and is no wonder, you have problems with health. I have only Venus, ruler of my ASC in 8th, but have very bad 6th and 12th house. I have pains, doesn't matter what Transit is: maybe I have so long pains, because ruler of my 6th, Neptune is in 12th, house of chronic pains. Neptune is tooo long in Aquarius, enemy of my Taurus and Leo planets.
Now you had Progressed Venus and Mercury moving to other signs and it could be better but not immediately. You should wait, maybe one year.
About deep massage: I like it also better than soft massage. At least I feel, where are my weak points, where exactly are my pains. Doctor told me different. In fact I have enough from both: doctors and chiropractors. For muscles they didn't help me at all.
If I was you, I would have complete medical examination: from the head (Moon there, ruler of your 6th) until stomach (Mars and Sun in Virgo), liver and kidney (Mercury, Uranus and Pluto in Libra). Your Jupiter is part of T-Square and Jupiter is for liver.
I have read that from liver, pains are going to the shoulder and from shoulder over to the neck.
You must know that all is connected: in our body..
As your Mercury, ruler of your 8th is in 8th, there is for sure, you will have some surgery.

Use your profession for your health. At the same time you can learn, what is important in Medical Astrology: with your own pains.

Wish you good luck and good health,
Y.

Claire19

So sorry about your troubles. Saturn in Gemini is the culprit. I guess it is the bones there. You may need a little manipulation again. It could also be arthritis. I would need your whole chart.

If you can go to astrodienst and get one done there and post it. Or put your details here and I can download it.

Capricorn rising gives you Saturn as ruler also. Saturn is transitting in early Libra right now and is a slow mover. So unless you have something around 2-4 degrees anywhere, it wont necessarily be the culprit.

By the way 8th is not the house of health, it is the 6th along with the 1st, or if planets there are connected by aspect to the 6th then okay. The sign of Virgo can point to health issues.

Surgery belongs to the 12th of hospitalisation etc. Mars is the planet of surgery along with the 10th for the doctor in charge.
Plastic surgery can be a Pluto/ 8th house issue because of major transformation and if life and death issues are involved with the surgery. There are several things to consider.

Last edited:

J.Lily

I will put a clearer chart up to see. I tried the 1st link I posted earlier in this thread and I can't get it now. It could just be I am having a hard time with things are slow well that Saturn is now transitting my Natal Mercury at 4 degrees Libra. BTW, I am a 0 Libra-not a Virgo- this was one detail that brought me into Astrology years ago I was sick of not knowing which one I was from the general newspaper which would say either or. (yeah for the ephimeris). I do have a Mars in Virgo though. Ok going to try posting alink a different way

Attachments

• withasteroidsnatalme.gif
    withasteroidsnatalme.gif
    80.5 KB · Views: 24