Surgery Chart good, but VOC negates all? Or go ahead?

glowworm

I have an upcoming breast surgery to remove the leaking silicone prostheses I've had for 17 years. I'm electing not to replace. My health is of paramount concern, not my looks.

They just changed my time! So guess what, I'd be under the knife when Moon is Void of Course. (will enter Scorpio from Libra that night). The VOC starts 45 min. prior to my surgery.

If I arrive to the Surgeons office before the VOC starts, will that count as START TIME? I'd love your thoughts on just how BAD VOCs are. Is this surgery worth moving again, or shall I risk it?

Due to leaking silicone, I'm in a hurry for this to be done. I also want this over with before Mercury and Mars go retro this December. Mars is such a LONG one. Mercury goes retrograde Dec 26, and Mars starts on Dec 20, 2009 through March 10, 2010.

Chart is within 5 days before new moon, which is good. One thought I have on VOC, is NOTHING COMES OF IT, so maybe they won't discover tons of travellng silicone, which I fear. I'd love to have nothing come of it! There are so many ways to look at this. Or are VOCs always doomed to mistakes and re-dos? I view this surgery as NOT embarking on something new, but undoing or clearing the cobwebs of something I did long ago. I'm cleansing by getting rid of these implants. Does that change how this VOC is viewed?

the Day itself
20jgysz.jpg

Transit (my natal on inner ring)
25hfz88.png

30bd1e9.png

THIS IS THE TRANSIT VERSION.

I am grateful for this forum, many thanks!!

Last edited:

Carole

glowworm:

If I were you, I would change the date of the surgery again. The reasons are the following:

- Surgery shouldn't be done during a Void of Course Moon (neither 3 hours before nor after the actual VOC Moon). In Medical Astrology it's believed that VOC Moon acts like Mercury retrograde does.

- The exact degree is not shown in your natal chart and transits for that day, but it seems that your natal Moon in Taurus (strong as it's exalted there) aspects transiting Saturn with a quincux. The Moon and Cancer rule your breasts.

- Transiting Mars aspecting with a quincux this triple conjunction involving natal Mercury, Mars and Saturn. Mars is the ruler of the surgery.

- Transiting Uranus about conjuncting this same triple conjunction (natal Mercury, Mars and Saturn). Uranus rules unexpected, sudden things.

The general rules to follow when electing a date for surgery are:

- The Moon shouldn't be VOC.

- The transiting Moon shouldn't be in the sign that rules the part of the body where you will have the operation, or the opposite sign.

-The Moon should be (ideally) transiting a fixed sign (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) to ensure steadiness to your surgeon's hands. Opt for Cardinal signs next, if you can't have a fixed sign Moon.

-The Moon should be waning to reduce the risk of excessive bleeding.

-Mars shouldn't be retrograde because your recuperation might take much longer than normal.

- A transiting planet shouldn't turn retrograde or direct the day of the surgery.

- A surgery shouldn't be programmed five days before or after an eclipse, or during a month that has two eclipses. (The worst thing is to pick a date that falls between the two eclipses of that month).

Electing a perfect day to undergo a surgery is practically impossible, so you will better have to rule out the worst circumstances for it. These are:

- VOC Moon
- Transiting planet going retrograde or direct the day in question.
- Mars or Mercury retrograde.

I hope this information can be of help for you. Good luck!

Carole

glowworm

Carole, you're amazing, thank you for your insights. But, this program is rather odd; I'm not used to it and it won't give me numerical aspects.... which didn't make your work easy... Also, I learned that the minors (the negative ones) were not turned on! I just did that, and edited my post to show the corrected picture. The black dotted lines are the quincunxes turned on now. The greens are positives (like my moon to transiting Saturn for example). I'm not too versed yet on the minor aspects. I do see that sun/moon both natal and transit are doing the quincux thing... Ow?

So my next question is, which is worse, Mars Retrograde, or VOC? because if I reschedule, I will be well into the Mars Retrograde time. My surgery is a bit urgent, and I might not be able to change this time again. I did call about changing to early AM, before the VOC starts, but they said no.

Again, thanks for your insight. I am absorbing all I can about astrology.

Last edited:

Carole

glowworm:

VOC Moon is not good to start things from which you expect a definite result. It seems to me that your surgery falls in this category as you want to have a good job done without unwelcome problems and consequences.

As VOC Moon energy works like Mercury retrograde's, it would be right to suppose that it might be delays, interruptions, failure in doing what it's expected, etc. You could even need another surgery, according to what I have learned about the VOC Moon.

Mars retrograde is not good either because this energy might negatively influence the surgeon's ability, among some other problems.

I don't know how serious your problem is, but if it's too serious (life or death situation), then you should look for a transiting Moon conjunct, sextile or trine your natal Jupiter or Venus right at the moment of the operation. This might help to get some protection by lowering the risks that the other bad planetary positions and aspects would imply in this case.

I hope you can find the best solution and that everything goes according to your wishes.

Good luck!

Carole