Pluto or saturn -pain beginning in lower back

gemini59

I have had intermittent problems with my lower spine but of late it seems to be rather steady. It seems to be in my lower back and more so in my hips where there is a stiffness and pain with walking, climbing stairs, and bending. Of course I have beaten myself to death gardening over the years and lifting too much but it is of late that it seems to be settling in.
I have read some of the articles on medical astrology. In one of them it talks of Pluto and also saturn and then the ruler of 1st , 6th and 9th though I don't understand 9th.
I have also read that a disease begins with us and can also be healed by us. So I am looking for some clues.
I see Plutos transit to the top of my chart and will cross the MC soon as well as square the AC...Pluto is suppression? It is housed in my sixth house and rules my 8th. It will join saturn in my 10th. SAturn rules bones, teeth, skin. Is this the beginning of this?
I see Saturn in the sixth transiting to square itself when it reaches Libra. Is this the cuprit?
I have read that Pluto rules genetic disorders that sort of lay in wait. With Pluto to trine itself in my natal chart is this the 'genetic' cue to awaken a dormant disease? It being in the sixth in Virgo? would this be connected more to internal organs.
There was an article on the '"monastic moons" Virgo, Pisces and Sagittarius moons implying that those with moons in these signs tend toward an emotional process that ends in disease. Could this be this Virgo moon triggered by saturn and uranus last passage to erupt this sacrificial instinct?
What is the way out?
I see so many tell tale signs but not sure of there meaning.
Saturn inconjunct to mars/venus rulers of first and 7th. Sun and moon forming semi-squares to mars/venus. An inconjunct from sun (ruler of 6th) to jupiter (ruler of 9th).
The transit of Neptune triggering sun and moon and jupiter.
The transit of Uranus triggering all points above.
The transit of Saturn to all points above.
The Transit of Pluto to angles and Mars/venus
The transit of Saturn to angles and mars/venus.

Attachments

• oct42009transits.23974.gif
    oct42009transits.23974.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 31

Carole

gemini59:

Transits usually activate whatever aspects we may have that indicate some potential for illness in our charts.

We examine the Ascendant (your health), the 6th house (your illnesses),
the 8th house (your death), their rulers, position and aspects they make to other planets, to evaluate possible health problems.

Your asc is ruled by Mars which conjuncts Venus in Leo. Venus in Leo may cause problems with the vertebrae. Mars, if in hard aspect with Saturn, among many other problems, may cause arthritis or osteoporosis, which may be also caused by Venus in hard aspect to Saturn.

Your 6th house is ruled by Leo. Leo is very often responsible for backache. It rules the upper back (dorsal vertebrae), but also Libra, as it rules the lower back (lumbar vertebrae), and Sagittarius (sacral-coccygeal vertebrae).

Your Sun, Leo's ruler, is in aspect (quincux) to your Jupiter, Sagittarius' ruler.

Virgo rules the lower nerves of the back and it's intercepted in your 6th house, and Mercury, ruler of Virgo is in hard aspect (opposition) to Saturn, so all of this might be a part of the problem also.

Carole

gemini59

wow....thank you....!
I just turned 50. They had me complete the bone scan last month and it did show bone loss in the lower spine.
They recommended calcium.
Are there implied 'cures' also in the chart..what would help?
It seems like everytime I start an exercise program I injure myself more (mars inconjunct saturn).

Frisiangal

though I don't understand 9th.

Hi Gemini59,
I have observed more and more how the 9th house is involved where there are issues regarding the health and welfare state. One doesn't need to have a complaint from birth or be susceptible to a particular disorder, as the 1st and 6th houses might suggest. It's those 'other' complaints that can creep up and need a pill or potion to ease or get rid of them.

It isn't really all that odd to connect the 9th house with health rather than physical disease and disorder. Sagittarius as 9th sign is the epitome of viewing life through an optimistic, happy, sunny nature. The glass is half full rather than half empty, the cloud has the silver lining and doesn't block the sun, and things will look much better in the morning.....that sort of thing. Jupiter rules Sagittarius and is the natural healer because it gives the individual the opportunity to see circumstances through the lens of Sagittarius. So, an adverse aspect from Jupiter can cloud any jovial part of one's nature trying to co-exist with the other parts.

The 9th house is not only concerned with one's belief system and philosophies of life. It's the first of the social signs and deals with
those sides of life of which everyone, and not just a single individual, can take advantageof the social welfare systems......including the health system. The same applies to the systemised functioning of the body.

I have also read that a disease begins with us and can also be healed by us. So I am looking for some clues

'Healing' a disorder by thinking pleasant Jupitarian thoughts for a week or two isn't going to work. There is Saturn to contend with that brings about physical manifestation of events, as well as of pain. Chiron, known as the (wounded) healer, works in healing the emotional 'cause' of the pain that brought about the physical disorder from within. This can bring about another outlook upon circumstances of life through which one's view changes....Uranus. Old patterns can be resolved or dissolved....Neptune, Pluto brings about the 'new me'.

Further to what Carole has already written, it is interesting that Sagittarius is on your 9th house cusp, implying that Jupiter's role is important to your state of health (not sickness!). Idealism is all rolled up within the Jupiter-Sagittarius-9th house functions. Have you seen yours fulfilled? Sagittarius rules the hip region (how many hip transplants occured during Pluto in Sagittarius??). Jupiter has connections with sciatica and 'slipped discs'.

You come across as a tough ol' bird....meant as a compliment....and Jupiter, for whatever reason, may have inclined you to take too much upon yourself (Sun quincunx Jupiter). As Sun rules your 6th house, this is going to effect any predisposition towards physical disorders of the manner Carole mentioned.

There is a long term Jupiter-Chiron-Neptune transit in Aquarius that has been effecting the fixed cross, separately and together, for a very long while. It has been activating your natal Jupiter-Chiron square. Maybe the time has arrived for you to look at your Jupiter idealism and what has come of/prevented it occuring? Natal Moon is also activated by the transiting conjunction, and Moon is exact square natal Sun. Are you ruled by your motivations or your feelings? Maybe a change of Moon in Virgo attitude might be a way to ease a long-term emotional as well as physical pain, especially with transiting Saturn bringing about facts of proof for the feelings to deal with? There is no reason that Saturn should turn a physical complaint chronic, other than through one's perception of their circumstances that itself refuses to change (Mercury opposing Saturn). The positive with a Gemini Sun is that it can always be counted upon to remain flexible and change its mind.:biggrin: The long term conjunction from Jupiter & Co. is positively trining natal Sun.:wink:

You have a natal Saturn trine Pluto. By coincidence, each has or will be conjoining the other by transit. This could suggest that the strength of that trine upon which you have built your life can undergo the transition that will bury old patterns that have outlived their necessity for good and lay the path for the 'new me' to take over.

Who knows? Maybe your physical pains with the help of a good therapist (Chiron) will subside as well?

Good luck to you.

Frisiangal

gemini59

Thank you Frisiangal. Much 'food' for thought.
It is quite odd the feedback I get form others who perceive me outwardly as 'too giving' 'too passive or trusting' "seeing the best in others' 'taking on too much' Yet the inward perception is quite different. My inner perception is that I am paranoid of others, angry at the world, not doing enough or being too lazy, self-focused and critical. Maybe that is the 'tough old-bird' picture you see in the chart.
I am not sure of what change in attitude 'lunar' connection. I know that Virgo moon can be self-sacrificing' and in the 6th can be a bit of a 'monk or nun. ie monastery moon ' and gets off kilter when others are not playing by the same ethical or moral standards. Maybe there in lies the key....
Ah well, thank you for your input.. all is good. I learn something new everyday and as long as I can do that and try to evolve it is all good.(jupiter 9th)

Frisiangal

gemini59 said:

It is quite odd the feedback I get form others who perceive me outwardly as 'too giving'...........'taking on too much' Yet the inward perception is quite different. My inner perception is that I am paranoid of others,.....................
Maybe that is the 'tough old-bird' picture you see in the chart.

I based the tough ole bird on a Saturn-Pluto in Earth, with Saturn leading the Plutonic power behind it. Someone who rigidly sticks to their guns and is not easily persuaded to make any kind of change. Maybe the opposition between Mercury-Saturn can reveal a tendancy towards mental depressive pessimism (Mercury, ruler and natural ruler of 3rd house) but is this the same as being paranoid, even with a Mercury working itself out of an aspect sextile to Pluto?
"It's all a state of mind" perhaps?

angry at the world, not doing enough or being too lazy, self-focused and critical.

Maybe it's a question of the world not working out as you would like it to, and I have yet to see a Sun in the subjective signs and below-the-horizon that is not self-focused.:smile:

I am not sure of what change in attitude 'lunar' connection. I know that Virgo moon can be self-sacrificing' and in the 6th can be a bit of a 'monk or nun. ie monastery moon ' and gets off kilter when others are not playing by the same ethical or moral standards. Maybe there in lies the key....

You said yourself you are 'critical', which is very much part of the Virgo characteristic of being able to find the faults, sort the chaff from the corn and find any needle in a haystack. That sounds very much like a nit-picking Moon in Virgo influence (although getting rid of nits is very well worth-while) that is set in the inclined towards narrow-mindedness ways of the sign and will not allow a Sun in Gemini its right to be more easy going.
A Virgo Moon sacrificing; a monk or a nun????? Possibly one that demands service to a reprimanding God (or one's self?) in the hopes of being found acceptable for an after-life? Sacrifices do not come easy to Virgo, but doing without and not having enough might seem so.:wink:

Ah well............I learn something new everyday and as long as I can do that and try to evolve it is all good.(jupiter 9th)

With Jupiter in Scorpio and in the 8th house (and square 6th-12th cusps axis), I hope that does not mean that you will sit on your backside.... from where your physical pain is arising?.... and emotionally do nothing, just letting nature take its course, which it undoubtedly will without your helping yourself.:whistling: Unfortunately, with a progressed Sun continually below the horizon and itself slowly creeping towards Jupiter and the 6th house, no one else can do it for you.

All the best to you.

Frisiangal

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Ingrid Naiman has been my inspiration for continuing with medical astrology. She gave two seminars at the med. astro. school I attended, so I was able to meet her personally. Even treated her to dinner. The most down-to-earth spiritual astrologer I have ever met.:biggrin: She explained everything so logically, which appealed to my Earthy side even if I didn't incline towards the past lives theories.
She gave me a couple of tapes in exchange for translating the school's manual for her, but they were concerned with her findings regarding the astrological aspects towards Cancer. It's probably all on her site. Got to admit I haven't looked at it for quite a while, after hearing that she had moved towards ayuvedic healing.

Thanks for reminding me of the past.:wink:

Frisiangal