Role of the 12th house in relationships

wan

Especially the intimate/romantic kinds.

I have read that having planets in the water houses is very important in synastry, and the 12th house is definitely a water house. However, I have also read that if someone has planets in your 12th, you feel like that you can't trust this person completely. The 12th house is the house of sorrows, and all things unfortunate. So I am just wondering how it would play out.

I have my Moon (a very important planet indeed) in my real life friend's 12th house. We go out and have lunch from time to time, but we are not particularly close. I sometimes wonder how she sees me.

Anyway would like to hear your thoughts on this. Is having planets in the other person's 12th good or bad for intimate relationship?

CapAquaPis

The 12th house is one of secrets, deep desires and inner feelings they haven't expressed to others. It could pinpoint on how you may relate to others in romantic partnerships. I have the asteroid Juno in my 12th Cancer conjunct 17' ASC, a major influence in my Aquarius moon conjunct natal sun.

The role of Juno has in the signs (and maybe houses).
https://cafeastrology.com/articles/juno-signs.html

Juno in Cancer: Your emotions, family, ability to care and nurture, sense of safety, and attachments are soft spots for you. When you feel threatened or insecure, you do whatever you can to regain a sense of comfort and safety. You are self-protective sometimes to an extreme. You don’t want others to know how vulnerable you are, and you may resort to trickery or manipulation to get your way, forgetting that being aboveboard doesn’t diminish your security in the long run.