Why does it feel as if I'm being punished but for what I don't know

Cary2

Banned
It is common for people to feel that way in reaction to the difficulties in their chart. Your chart has difficulties, but it is not devoid of hope. Having Mars/Jupiter on an angle shows that very clearly. In fact, it is common in people who feel lucky.

Saturn, Uranus, Moon on the IC square to Mars on the Descendant is a very difficult combination. With outer planets involved, you can easily feel that the difficulties are beyond your control.

Some of our difficulties are probably beyond our control, and they are symbolized by outer planets.

The difficulty I mentioned suggests a bad attitude, and bad attitudes are subject to your will and your intentions. Bad attitudes poison your life. You have a tendency to be volatile. You are angry when you are bored. You are often hostile. You have violent shifts in mood. You have severe depression. You may be quite violent. Your irritability can lead to cruel acts.

By working on your very difficult attitude with a professional counselor, you can improve things a great deal. With Sun/Neptune sextile Pluto, you may have some extraordinary gifts for the paranormal and some deep, deep insight into metaphysics, but it also suggests that you might have little concept of why you are here on this planet. That would be worth exploration. Anger management classes are usually helpful.

Harmelia

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85597&d=1591076930

I feel as if I am being punished and that things just never go right and something always gets in the way of me accomplishing my goals and desires.

Virgo rising is prone to being a scapegoat - punished unfairly. Virgo can be extremely self-critical and self-doubting and even guilty. The remedy for this is to do positive Virgo - analyze yourself and others to deeply understand them. Turn the criticism to analysis for understanding.

Your South Node is in Libra, 2nd house. To me, it implies that you rely on other people for your self-concept or self-worth - or getting positive feedback from them to feel recognized as accomplished. Chiron suggests that you THINK or PERCEIVE of your social / career self in a way that is a problem. Virgo rising can contribute to great self-doubt and self-criticism. It can literally make us think we're a piece of **** when other people don't see us that way at all.

All those planets in the lower part of the chart suggest you're here to develop yourself - to work on the inner you more than the outer you. Your accomplishments are likely to be of a private nature. Not everyone is here to make great contributions to the world. Some of us are here to develop ourselves and be better people. Better people make a better world.

This is a very inward chart. It'd be great to write - journal - a little bit of the ways you've grown internally which aren't social or career accomplishments, but personal ones. Give yourself some recognition. Your Aries North Node in 8th house is about the courage to explore yourself deeply. You will do that through personal one-on-one relationships. Your accomplishments may go unnoticed there too, but you will know.

With all that Capricorn added to the Virgo earth - there is a greater chance you are prone to depression. You might feel quite alone in your own private space. Somehow, you need to make peace with your solitude. It's quite possible that you can. Down deep, I think you don't mind being alone except when you think about wanting to be more social. When you are social, try practicing being authentic - like how you feel when you're alone. You might put on a happy face and then no one gets to know you.

You're developing a true sense of self, integrity, living from the inside out - being authentic. You tend to keep a stiff upper lip and not express yourself - so - there's that too. But, you can work on that.

I don't know if you drink or do drugs, but you might be prone to it. If you are doing that, please get some help for it. This will not help you.

Other than that, just know that inner work, personal growth work - isn't very supported in our culture. We don't place value on it - especially if you are a man. Men are told they have to earn lots of money and have a successful career. Well, that's not for everybody. And yet, some of us are here to do the inner work and not the outer stuff our culture supports. You have to give yourself kudos and find like-minded people to befriend who are also doing inner work.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Last edited:

clip11

Virgo rising is prone to being a scapegoat - punished unfairly. Virgo can be extremely self-critical and self-doubting and even guilty. The remedy for this is to do positive Virgo - analyze yourself and others to deeply understand them. Turn the criticism to analysis for understanding.

Your South Node is in Libra, 2nd house. To me, it implies that you rely on other people for your self-concept or self-worth - or getting positive feedback from them to feel recognized as accomplished. Chiron suggests that you THINK or PERCEIVE of your social / career self in a way that is a problem. Virgo rising can contribute to great self-doubt and self-criticism. It can literally make us think we're a piece of **** when other people don't see us that way at all.

All those planets in the lower part of the chart suggest you're here to develop yourself - to work on the inner you more than the outer you. Your accomplishments are likely to be of a private nature. Not everyone is here to make great contributions to the world. Some of us are here to develop ourselves and be better people. Better people make a better world.

This is a very inward chart. It'd be great to write - journal - a little bit of the ways you've grown internally which aren't social or career accomplishments, but personal ones. Give yourself some recognition. Your Aries North Node in 8th house is about the courage to explore yourself deeply. You will do that through personal one-on-one relationships. Your accomplishments may go unnoticed there too, but you will know.

With all that Capricorn added to the Virgo earth - there is a greater chance you are prone to depression. You might feel quite alone in your own private space. Somehow, you need to make peace with your solitude. It's quite possible that you can. Down deep, I think you don't mind being alone except when you think about wanting to be more social. When you are social, try practicing being authentic - like how you feel when you're alone. You might put on a happy face and then no one gets to know you.

You're developing a true sense of self, integrity, living from the inside out - being authentic. You tend to keep a stiff upper lip and not express yourself - so - there's that too. But, you can work on that.

I don't know if you drink or do drugs, but you might be prone to it. If you are doing that, please get some help for it. This will not help you.

Other than that, just know that inner work, personal growth work - isn't very supported in our culture. We don't place value on it - especially if you are a man. Men are told they have to earn lots of money and have a successful career. Well, that's not for everybody. And yet, some of us are here to do the inner work and not the outer stuff our culture supports. You have to give yourself kudos and find like-minded people to befriend who are also doing inner work.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

Does this mean I'll always struggle financially or have to be by myself?

Harmelia

Does this mean I'll always struggle financially or have to be by myself?

Oh no, of course not! You asked why you feel punished and I was just responding to that. You will have to work with your feelings - do your inner work - grow - and change . . . just like the rest of us. Everyone has some kind of pain that they have to deal with. The chart is telling us where we are starting. It's up to you what you do with it.

Growing and changing is hard work, but it's the only game in town that makes life feel worthwhile. That's my opinion, anyway. We all do better if we do what we enjoy and make it work for us. Some people are more comfortable making little or moderate amounts of money if they are happy with what they do. Other people are money hungry and don't feel secure unless they're making a lot of it, even if it means doing work they don't really care about. People generally do what feels important to them. But we're all different. Try to not to compare yourself with others too much and follow your own instincts as to what is right for you.

clip11

It is common for people to feel that way in reaction to the difficulties in their chart. Your chart has difficulties, but it is not devoid of hope. Having Mars/Jupiter on an angle shows that very clearly. In fact, it is common in people who feel lucky.

Saturn, Uranus, Moon on the IC square to Mars on the Descendant is a very difficult combination. With outer planets involved, you can easily feel that the difficulties are beyond your control.

Some of our difficulties are probably beyond our control, and they are symbolized by outer planets.

The difficulty I mentioned suggests a bad attitude, and bad attitudes are subject to your will and your intentions. Bad attitudes poison your life. You have a tendency to be volatile. You are angry when you are bored. You are often hostile. You have violent shifts in mood. You have severe depression. You may be quite violent. Your irritability can lead to cruel acts.

By working on your very difficult attitude with a professional counselor, you can improve things a great deal. With Sun/Neptune sextile Pluto, you may have some extraordinary gifts for the paranormal and some deep, deep insight into metaphysics, but it also suggests that you might have little concept of why you are here on this planet. That would be worth exploration. Anger management classes are usually helpful.
I thought Mars/Jupiter conjunction were supposed to be positives. Especially in the 7th house?

Zeuses

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85597&d=1591076930

I feel as if I am being punished and that things just never go right and something always gets in the way of me accomplishing my goals and desires.

I know the feeling and I'm Virgo asc too. However, I would look at your transits to see what is happening there. Do you always feel like this or is it particularly pertinent at the moment? Sometimes we have really good times in life astrologically where things seem to flow well whilst at other times it may seem a lot more challenging.

Cary2

Banned
I thought Mars/Jupiter conjunction were supposed to be positives. Especially in the 7th house?

That is not how Houses work. The house position does not immunize the occupant from affliction. Rather, the affliction to a house occupant modifies the house interpretation.

Conjunction is a hard aspect. It must be assessed by appraising the afflictions. In theory, an isolated Mars/Jupiter conjunction is positive generally, but not when it is afflicted. The aspects that accompany a conjunction, alters the conjunction. Few conjunctions are in fact isolated.

Last edited:

clip11

I know the feeling and I'm Virgo asc too. However, I would look at your transits to see what is happening there. Do you always feel like this or is it particularly pertinent at the moment? Sometimes we have really good times in life astrologically where things seem to flow well whilst at other times it may seem a lot more challenging.
I mean in a general sense. When I reflect back over my life, even to the beginning of it, things happened of a medical nature over which I had no control. But those things determined the course of my life and unfortunately for me, those things were negative.

Zeuses

I mean in a general sense. When I reflect back over my life, even to the beginning of it, things happened of a medical nature over which I had no control. But those things determined the course of my life and unfortunately for me, those things were negative.
I'm sorry to hear that and hope that some of the responses above have helped you a little more.