A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

JUPITERASC

"European-American" is used to describe "White people".
So, if one admires the contributions of the European culture
one is also expressing admiration for that ethnic group
the "European culture" obtained much of its "scientific knowledge"
from "black" Egyptians - without crediting their source :smile:
so the admiration is for the original source - the "black" Egyptians

david starling

the "European culture" obtained much of its "scientific knowledge"
from "black" Egyptians - without crediting their source :smile:
so the admiration is for the original source - the "black" Egyptians

Personally, I have tremendous admiration for much of the indigenous culture that was savagely attacked by those of the mostly Anglo-European culture in what is now "North America". Btw, our U.S. Constitution was largely derived from the Iroquois Nations' "Great Law of Peace".

david starling

Not being obsessed with the opinion that the European culture is by far superior to all other world cultures, I for one am not at all upset concerning the mere possibility that an Asian culture just might have a slightly more prevalent and ingrained work ethic than the European. Not sure if it does, but so what if it does or doesn't, is my attitude. :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned
Christianity, as we know it, began in Roman territory, and started out as the "Roman Catholic Church". Christianity is obviously a European-centered religion, including Protestants and Anglicans. The European ethnic group includes Greeks and Italians, who are generally considered "White" in the U.S.

Jesus Christ and his disciples were all Jews.

david starling

I see that they're finally getting around to changing the racist name of the NFL team in our nation's Capital.

Wonder what the new name will be? Any suggestions? :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned
Latin lithurgy?

Then no. There is no evidence to my knowledge that the first bishops of Rome invoked saints, prayed while bowing or burning incense in front of images, or that wine wasn't distributed to a ''laity''. However, from my research, the first Christians did have many synagogue elements of the Roman and Orthodox liturgies that are lacking in most Protestant liturgies.

Last edited:

david starling

Then no. There is no evidence to my knowledge that the first bishops of Rome invoked saints, prayed in front of images or that wine wasn't distributed to a ''laity''. However, from my research, the first Christians did have many synagogue elements of the Roman and Orthodox liturgies that are lacking in most Protestant liturgies.

So where did the Catholic Church begin?

petosiris

Banned
So where did the Catholic Church begin?

The same way Rabbinic Judaism began. Over many centuries man-made traditions began to replace the commandments of God. ''So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:“‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’'' - Matthew 15

Since this is going offtopic, I am going to continue in the random thoughts thread.

Last edited:

david starling

The same way Rabbinic Judaism began. Over many centuries man-made traditions began to replace the commandments of God. ''So for the sake of your tradition you have made void the word of God. You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you, when he said:“‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’'' - Matthew 15

Well, the Christianity that dominates the European culture originated in Rome (Catholic), and in Germany and England (Protestant).

Dirius

Christianity, as we know it, began in Roman territory, and started out as the "Roman Catholic Church". Christianity is obviously a European-centered religion, including Protestants and Anglicans. The European ethnic group includes Greeks and Italians, who are generally considered "White" in the U.S.

You are wrong david.

Christianity expanded through the roman provinces first - and it took many decades before it reached continental Europe, much less the Italian Peninsula. Europeans were a minority on these areas.

The religion first in rosed in Judea - Syria. Then expanded through Egypt and Anatolia. The major centers of christian congregations in early roman empire where Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Damascus and Cyprus.

Ethiopia was also a major center of Christian expansion. The religion expanded around the same time as it did throughout the roman empire, although before it reached the italian peninsula. Ethiopia was never part of the empire.

The large majority of early christians were not caucasians. They were arab, jews and africans. Christianity is not an "european" creation.

It is also speculated that christianity was originally more popular with slaves and freedman, which the core of them were not italian. The core roman uper-classes were mostly pagan until the roman state adopted christianity.

PD: see what I mean? you need to back your claims with data.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
You are wrong david.

Christianity expanded through the roman provinces first - and it took many decades before it reached continental Europe, much less the Italian Peninsula. Europeans were a minority on these areas.

The religion first in rosed in Judea - Syria. Then expanded through Egypt and Anatolia. The major centers of christian congregations in early roman empire where Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Damascus and Cyprus.

Ethiopia was also a major center of Christian expansion. The religion expanded around the same time as it did throughout the roman empire, although before it reached the italian peninsula. Ethiopia was never part of the empire.

The large majority of early christians were not caucasians. They were arab, jews and africans. Christianity is not an "european" creation.

It is also speculated that christianity was originally more popular with slaves and freedman, which the core of them were not italian. The core roman uper-classes were mostly pagan until the roman state adopted christianity.

PD: see what I mean? you need to back your claims with data.

Also it is recorded in the book of Acts, that the apostles preached first to the Jews in exile in those Gentile areas. Those strong centers you mentioned had a sizeable Jewish population in Antiquity.

petosiris

Banned
The Mediterranean peoples deserve a lot of credit for things like democracy, philosophy, astrology, and mathematics. What's their ethnic group?

An Empire consists of many ethnic groups.

There are Roman and Greek sources (like Ptolemy) that describe their colour as somewhere intermediate between white and black. They did entertain the racist idea that the Scythian whites and the Ethiopian blacks were made savage by the extreme inclination of the Sun, while their clime was ''noble'' and allowed ''prosperity'' in the things you mention by being in the temperate region. In the Talmud, the colour of the Jews is described as between white and black, or honey coloured.

Inquisag

Admiring traits that happen to be ingrained in the culture of a particular race doesn't make one a racist.

The fact that Dirius admires things about the European culture which was developed mostly (not entirely), by the race known as "white", or "Caucasian", doesn't make him a racist. He just admires some of the traits that happen to be engrained in the European culture.
I clearly stated the statement was racist, not the person. Also, there is no Asian culture. What we call Asia consists of many countries with different cultures. In the U.S. Asian communities are made up of people who come from different countries.