North Node contacts in synastry- what is the significance?

astrology02

I have known a man for 2 years now- our values are different and he is not really someone I would normally be attracted to.

However, when we first met I instantly felt like we were life long friends and there is something about him that I can't seem to let go of.

As time has passed we have both been seeing other people, but he recently contacted me- I just want to know why even though we are not the best match , we always end up coming back to each other.

His North node in cancer exactly conjunct my jupiter in cancer

My north node in aquarius is exactly conjunct his mars in aquarius

From my research north node contacts represent a karmic type bond. Important relationships in our life time almost always have north node contacts. They help us get to be the people we were meant to be.

More specifically, the north node-jupiter connection means I (jupiter) would provide him (north node) with emotional support and help him deal with difficulties in his life.

And the north node-mars contact would relate more to a physical bond- I feel very attracted to him.

Can someone share their personal experiences with these two north node connections- is it just me trying to make this relationship into something it's not- or is there actually a bond there?

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Attachments

• NatalChart.jpg
    NatalChart.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 52
  • His_Natal_Chart.jpg
    His_Natal_Chart.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Composite_Chart.jpg
    Composite_Chart.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 46
  • synastry_chart.jpg
    synastry_chart.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ethertwist

I have a similar question that relates to nodal contacts in synastry: Do the outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pisces) in one person's chart making significant aspects to the nodes in the chart of another hold any astrological weight or is it completely negligible due to the slow moving/generational quality to those planets?

Claire19

I agree we need both charts and a composite can be done to see what the dynamics are really...... The nodal contacts are siginficant but not on their own. There has to be other factors... Jupiter tends to the lucky, opportunitistc and optimistic influence, generous and life affirming.
Synastry is fine but can be contradictory and confusing.

astrology02

Hi everyone,

I posted our individual charts+ a composite

I am just really puzzled why I am not able to move on...From my observations this looks like a relationship that is not good for either of us.

Especially emotionally there are aspects like moon square mars, moon square saturn, moon square mercury AND venus- how much worse could it get? I read that the moon square venus sometimes causes people that are not right for each other to be drawn to each other.

If this was anyone else, I would move on without question, but there is something that has me coming back to him.

Other negative aspects- saturn conjunct mercury, saturn conjunct venus,

I have looked at this chart a million times, have looked up interpretations and it all comes back to this is NOT a good match. Then I found out more about north node connections.

I feel like I am not seeing things clearly or being objective at all, that is why I asked a second opinion. I have venus square neptune in my natal chart so maybe I am proned to self delusions when it comes to love :D

Does the north node contacts really have the power to make this relationship work?

I agree with you Claire- synastry is very contradicting!

astrology02

And just my thoughts on north node contacts with outer planets...I have found that the most highly regarded north node connections are the north node-sun connections. The sun person mirrors the traits that the north node person needs to develop in this lifetime. I have this aspect with my mom- my north node in aquarius is conjunct her sun...and it's very powerful. We have a very meaningful relationship and she has helped me so much.

Also north node conjuct ascendant in synastry means that since the first time you met you both feel as though it was a fated encounter and very comfortable...in a sense like it was "meant to be".

However in doing my reading on North node connections, for some reason it is very hard to find information on the outer planets. I think it's because the Moon, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Mars are considered personal planets and Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are outer planets so they have less impact on a person.

Even to find information on Jupiter and Mars was very difficult.

It would be interesting to see what effect a pluto-north node connection has- because it seems whenever pluto connects with a planet in synastry it makes the relationship very intense and transforms the individuals in some way (at least in my experience). But the information seems so limited when it comes to the north node/pluto!

ethertwist

However in doing my reading on North node connections, for some reason it is very hard to find information on the outer planets. I think it's because the Moon, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Mars are considered personal planets and Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are outer planets so they have less impact on a person.

Even to find information on Jupiter and Mars was very difficult.

It would be interesting to see what effect a pluto-north node connection has- because it seems whenever pluto connects with a planet in synastry it makes the relationship very intense and transforms the individuals in some way (at least in my experience). But the information seems so limited when it comes to the north node/pluto!

I have this aspect with someone (their Pluto exactlly conjuncts my North Node) and it is a very intense and core shaking connection, although not always for the best. I would describe the experience of being together as unsettling at times (at least for me), but it's hard to say what, if anything, can be attributed to this synastric aspect in particular and as you pointed out, there is so little information about the outer planet contacts with the nodes in synastry in general.

Vagabondgirl

I have my NN conjunct my best friends Mars:) We are both girls though. I think she is very energic and draws alot of "action" into my otherwise boring life, for better or worse ofcourse. Then there is a guy in my class born the exact same date 1 hour appart. He is attracted to me, but I like him as a friend.

My last ex had his SN conjunct my Saturn exactly. Also he had Jupiter exactly conj. my MC.

The ex husband before that had his Mars exactly conj. my MC. His chiron conj. my NN. And his Uranus/Venus conj. my Saturn.

For some reason I see alot of MC and Saturn contacts with my relationships....

My husbands IC is at 5 deg capricorn exactly conjunct my North node and also conjuncting my asc 8 deg cap. His moon is also at 11deg cap.
We have a lot of extended family issues and our relationship is conducted very privately. We do very little together outside the home.
Of course Pluto is also transiting this area at the moment so we are also experiencing a lot of family drama which is beyond our control.
Any advice or help with these connections and issues would be welcome.

Queen-Mab

I had a chiron-north node connection a few years back - NOT fun! It brought out issues for both of us we weren't ready for.

Are you still friends ? I m very curious about this . As I have a tight north node conjunction to the person I love the most ok my life .

Flapjacks

My Mars is conjunct my boyfriend's North Node (38 minutes) and his Mars is square my nodal axis 1 degree. Both of us have Mars in Capricorn. My NN is in Aries and his NN is in Capricorn, 7 degrees from his ASC in Cap, so my Mars falls in his 1st house. His Mars falls in my 9th, and is conjunct my Moon (Moon being square the nodal axis natally).

I think this dynamic plays out pretty strongly in our relationship. When we first met, Pluto was transiting over his ASC. He was in the process of completely rearranging his life. He was switching careers and trying to find a new path (interestingly, my Pluto is conjunct his MC). He says that when we met I gave him a renewed feeling of purpose, optimism and resolve for what he wanted out of life (my Jupiter is also conjunct his Sun, Mercury and Venus in Pisces). Currently, Pluto is conjunct our NN/Mars conjunction in his 1st house and my 8th. He is just now getting the the point of "all downhill from here" about his decisions that started when we met, and I'm encouraging him all the way. He if finally breaking past his barriers and fears.

He's encourages me to act when I should (Mars), to trust my gut (Moon), to be more open to opportunities and become more confident in my abilities and fight for myself instead of being self-effacing (NN in Aries/SN in Libra). I've felt more capable due to his presence, but sometimes I also feel like he holds me back (perhaps the square to both NN and SN? His Mars also being oppose my Sun) and I work toward his dreams more than my own sometimes.

There was also an instant attraction. Apparently he "fell in love" with me from afar months before I even knew about him! When he actually did work up the nerve to make himself known, I was sold pretty much immediately. :bandit:

Last edited:

PlutoLibScoAsc

When I see that you say you guys have saturn conjunct venus, my first word is 'oh, ****'. Other than nodes, this aspect also binds people for a long time but there will be hardships, obstacles that usually make them unable to be together but i also read that, if they could overcome it then it would be long-lasting Or they finish their saturn lesson then they will go their separate ways.