Interest

tik

Hey,

Sorry for another 'interest' post, but I am curious about this situation that is developing. My question is about a co-worker - whether he is interested in me in the way I think he is i.e. more than just a co-worker? I tried to interpret the chart from what I have read about horary so far, but I would really appreciate any inputs.

From what I think, I am mercury which is in the 5th house, he is mars in the 7th. I am not sure how to interpret aspects, but I read that mercury and mars form a sextile later this month.

Also, in the little box at the bottom, there is an 'S' and '-1'. Does this mean they are separating by 1 degree? So then he is not interested?

End of matters would be 4th from 7th, which is the 10th house and pisces. Again not entirely sure how to interpret end of matters.

Please help, I'm just confusing myself!

Attachments

• astro_2at_09_interest_hr.70030.32732.jpg
    astro_2at_09_interest_hr.70030.32732.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 67

katem

Banned
Hi

You are mercury in the fifth house and his is Jupiter in your third and his tenth. This accurately points to your comments about his being a co worker. It is also smack bang on the Ic, I am unsure what this means, but I am sure that a more experienced reader will point this out.

Judging solely by the fact that the third is the house of friends, siblings etc, then I think at first glance that he regards you as a friend.

I bow to superior readers.

IleneK

Premium Member
Moon as your co-significator is also in detriment of Mars. Moon is also dignified, exalted in the sign of Taurus, and less well-placed in the unfortunate the 12th. What I get is that you may have an exaggerated idea of what is going on with him right now, based on Moon's exaltation [which he/Mars' views as detriment], and that this may be causing you to deceive yourself a bit [Moon in the 12th] about his interest.

There is, in fact, lesser reception between Merc and Mars by term which suggests that you may like each other a bit, which is nice. But I wouldn't see any more of that now. So I guess what I am saying is: be wise and be kind to yourself and don't indulge too much in the futile practice of imagining how someone else feels. Allow yourself to meet and take in what is actually happening in the moment. Those actions show you the truth more than anything you might think.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Hi

You are mercury in the fifth house and his is Jupiter

Traditonally this is the correct way to assign the significators. The querent gets the 1st, and in any question of romantic interest the quesited gets the 7th. If the quesited is your boss, he gets the 7th. If the quesited is your lawyer, in a romance chart he gets the 7th. If he is a good friend you've known since you were in high school, but are now curious about a potential relationship, he gets the 7th. If he's your sister's best friend's cousin, he gets the 7th.

in your third and his tenth.

Almost. Her third would be his 9th. You noticed that Jupiter is "smack bang on the IC." When a planet is within 5* of the cusp of the next house it is considered to be in that next house. I forget this rule quite often, lol. Jupiter is in the radix 4th, turned 10th.

This accurately points to your comments about his being a co worker.

Jupiter is in the 4th house, but the 3rd sign. The 3rd is siblings, extended family, neighbors, friends in the sense of the people you have to associate with...like classmates in school and co-workers.

It is also smack bang on the Ic, I am unsure what this means, but I am sure that a more experienced reader will point this out.

It means that Jupiter is in the 4th as mentioned, and it also means that Jupiter is supercharged to be able to carry out his own signification because he is so close to an angle. This is what we call "fortitude."

Judging solely by the fact that the third is the house of friends, siblings etc, then I think at first glance that he regards you as a friend.

It is never wise to base judgement on only one factor. You are on the right track, but horary, like all other types of astrology, requires the entire chart to reach a judgement.

I bow to superior readers.

Don't do that. Bowing doesn't teach you anything. Keep reading, practising, and asking questions. That's the only way to learn.

What is the aspect between the significators? A separating square with some very minor reception. Jupiter in Mercury's terms and Mercury in Jupiter's face. Maybe some minor interest, but the aspect is separating, meaning that is in the past.

There is a planet in Jupiter's house; Mars. Usually this would lead us to ask/wonder if there is another person in the picture.

The Moon's next aspect in horary tells us what is going to happen next. Moon at 25* Taurus is void of course (with the traditional planets) for a really, really long time until her next aspect which will be a sextile to Jupiter. In like 26*. After she changes signs.

Mercury too makes no more aspects until he changes signs.

Notice Mercury in the 5th of romance/pleasure? There is the motivation for the chart.

Moon is also dignified, exalted in the sign of Taurus, and less well-placed in the unfortunate the 12th. What I get is that you may have an exaggerated idea of what is going on with him right now, based on Moon's exaltation,... and that this may be causing you to deceive yourself a bit [Moon in the 12th] about his interest.

Couldn't agree more. And this?

But I wouldn't see any more of that now. So I guess what I am saying is: be wise and be kind to yourself and don't indulge too much in the futile practice of imagining how someone else feels. Allow yourself to meet and take in what is actually happening in the moment. Those actions show you the truth more than anything you might think.

Is very wise advice.

tikana

I am adding more stuff so bare with me
I think he was interested in the querent but nothing serious
i think moon is on top of algol - NOT a good thing
moon in 12th means self harm in another words you might have gotten hurt if you even started dating him
he is very concetrated on his career so i doubt romance is in his head.. venus is in his 12th house
merc is about to change signs so you will change your opinion about him and move on

tsmall

Premium Member
I am adding more stuff so bare with me
I think he was interested in the querent but nothing serious
i think moon is on top of algol - NOT a good thing
moon in 12th means self harm in another words you might have gotten hurt if you even started dating him
he is very concetrated on his career so i doubt romance is in his head.. venus is in his 12th house
merc is about to change signs so you will change your opinion about him and move on

We can add stuff all day long, lol. That is the beauty of horary charts. It is also the downfall of them. tikana, look at Moon's last aspect, and Jupiter's next. ;)

tikana

yeah but it is out of a sign and out of the orb

:)

keep on going?!

next stop arabian parts!

"1000 and 1 ways we are getting a NO" - horary tale of why this is a no!

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
yeah but it is out of a sign and out of the orb

:)

keep on going?!

next stop arabian parts!

"1000 and 1 ways we are getting a NO" - horary tale of why this is a no!

Hahahaha. Arabic parts? How about "the Moon is seriously VoC?"

tikana

scratches her Sorting Hat

Tech speaking YES BUUUUUT!!!! since Moon can perform in Taurus just maaaay be it could have worked ONLY if merc and jupiter had been approaching each other!

ohh rats wrong country! she is in switzerland

ohh well maybe she can drown him in chocolate and melted cheese

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
scratches her Sorting Hat

Tech speaking YES BUUUUUT!!!! since Moon can perform in Taurus just maaaay be it could have worked ONLY if merc and jupiter had been approaching each other!

tikana, you never fail to crack me up. Moon can perform in Taurus if she is void there, but even this Moon couldn't do a dang thing if she isn't applying to somebody for 26* Lilly used the whole "forthwith" comment and had people scratching their collective sorting hats for years. Masha'Allah would move the Moon to the next sign and use that aspect to determine what will happen next, but serioulsy? 26* later and that is just confirming the rest of the chart. ASC is in mutable sign, ruled by Mercury who is about to change signs, Moon is almost as void as any Hellenist would ever want (makes no aspect for 30*) and we don't need no Parts to say that a passing fancy is what we have; one that is going nowhere fast.

Lets just hope the Viking Querent (since she is Swedish) wont start another Viking invasion at her work place! ROTFLMAO
we should propose Rune Oracle subforum since we got a few Vikings running around here if she is not happy with horary!

*pulls out her +VLFBERHT+ out and her shied with a logo IKEA* out just in case

That's funny right there. But, we have a querent who will want to know why this passing fancy doesn't work out. Can you tell her?

tikana

wellll...... Moon does pick up some speed in next sign Gemini .. lets give her ehmm dunno 20+ years for this to get somewhere?~!

so tech speaking she will date him in 20+ years!

btw the querent is from switzerland there are a couple of swedes hanging here..

WOULD love to tell the passing fancy querent.. where is she?!

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
wellll...... Moon does pick up some speed in next sign Gemini .. lets give her ehmm dunno 20+ years for this to get somewhere?~!

so tech speaking she will date him in 20+ years!

Not HIM, but the next one. What is Mercury's next aspect? I suck at timing issues...

Mercury will change signs and apply via sextile to the exaltation ruler of the 7th in the 7th, while she is received by him.

tikana

Ahh .. well ... she is not going to date this guy! lol

Timing ***** .. its a hit and miss .. i just ran through one .. we will see how that one ends up LOL

:innocent:

tik

Wow thanks for all the replies guys! Sorry didn't see this over the weekend. Really appreciate it! Don't worry, I won't eat your head about why it won't go anywhere because I was not interested in dating him in the first place. I know it won't lead to anything, was just curious because he was giving me some mixed signals which was confusing me a bit. So thank you all for your inputs :)

Just wondering about the comment that mercury will sextile mars next - does this mean in relation to me dating someone else?

Thanks again! :)

Last edited:

tik

Lol yes the part about the sextile made me curious because I don't understand what it means.

And also, in reference to this comment - I'm not Swedish. Switzerland and Sweden are different countries :)

Originally Posted by tikana
Lets just hope the Viking Querent (since she is Swedish) wont start another Viking invasion at her work place! ROTFLMAO
we should propose Rune Oracle subforum since we got a few Vikings running around here if she is not happy with horary!

*pulls out her +VLFBERHT+ out and her shied with a logo IKEA* out just in case

tikana

I KNow that i was playing with abbreviations (i am pretending to be "i dont know geography!" lol)
SW - Switzerland vs SE- Sweden lol
then i advised you to drown your co-worker in cheese and chocolate

Last edited: