One of these is not like the other: Placidus vs. Whole Signs

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thanks.
I know very well that astrology is not clearcut simple.
Interesting query though. Even though all not seems to think so.

I didn't mean to put the post down. I have to reminding myself that most people on the forum don't have more than 50 years of experience in astrology, and have not written their own comprehensive multi-book on their own system of astrology.

Shanti

I didn't mean to put the post down. I have to reminding myself that most people on the forum don't have more than 50 years of experience in astrology, and have not written their own comprehensive multi-book on their own system of astrology.

Yes that's true.

I find it may be an interesting avenue of contemplation for OP of this chart and it's manifestations with the difference with a mars like that across the various systems.

JUPITERASC

Yes that's true.

I find it may be an interesting avenue of contemplation for OP of this chart
and it's manifestations with the difference with a mars like that across the various systems.
Another interesting avenue for the OP to consider is that of accuracy of time of birth

because
IF the OP had been born only FOUR MINUTES later than the given time
then the OP could have had an Aries ascendant

and
Aries is Mars home territory

FURTHERMORE

IF the ascendant had been Aries
then
there would have indubitably been a 12th house Mars
:smile:

heretolearn

I've had this pointed out before. Birth time is officially recorded. It also happens not to be a rounded number, so there is less reason to assume it to be incorrect. I know there are some astrologers who think every chart should be rectified; I don't really think that would help clarify things.
Does changing the Ascendant to Aries actually account for the native's Arian characteristics... or is it the Moon in Aries?
I really think one should not alter birth time unless it is for some reason suspect. Otherwise, it's the slippery slope where the chart is being manipulated to conform to some preconceptions about the native.

Maybe I should look more closely at Saturn.

dhundhun

I've had this pointed out before. Birth time is officially recorded. It also happens not to be a rounded number, so there is less reason to assume it to be incorrect. I know there are some astrologers who think every chart should be rectified; I don't really think that would help clarify things.
Does changing the Ascendant to Aries actually account for the native's Arian characteristics... or is it the Moon in Aries?
I really think one should not alter birth time unless it is for some reason suspect. Otherwise, it's the slippery slope where the chart is being manipulated to conform to some preconceptions about the native.

Maybe I should look more closely at Saturn.

A good astrologer should never trust recorded birth time. Recorded birth time is for kids. As you grow up, you will find always vibrating to time few minutes plus minus.

Astrological birth time is not clinical birth time. No one is sure what is actual birth - the fall, the cutting of umbilical cord, the first breadth, or the first time from self breath blood has oxygen or any other factor.

A PREDICTION CAN BE MADE USING AN ASTROLOGICAL BIRTH TIME, NOT A CLINICAL BIRTH TIME.

heretolearn

A good astrologer should never trust recorded birth time. Recorded birth time is for kids. As you grow up, you will find always vibrating to time few minutes plus minus.

Astrological birth time is not clinical birth time. No one is sure what is actual birth - the fall, the cutting of umbilical cord, the first breadth, or the first time from self breath blood has oxygen or any other factor.

A PREDICTION CAN BE MADE USING AN ASTROLOGICAL BIRTH TIME, NOT A CLINICAL BIRTH TIME.
At what point does one "grow up"?

I'm aware of contention over birth time as a concept, and as I said above, I know there are astrologers that insist on rectification of all charts. However, given the agreed upon in the bolded above, I think it's fair to say that one cannot immediately discount a clinical time because of arguments regarding what constitutes actual birth. This is similar to the question I posed above about growing up. Certain countries, legal majority is 18, but not others. What if one is Jewish? Or part of Hispanic culture? Again, these numbers are different.

I know there are Vedic techniques involving life events that attempt to rectify a chart. I am happy to provide such information, but am not familiar enough to attempt them myself.

Barring the existence of better data, I don't think it prudent to discard clinical time just to obtain a more easily interpreted chart.

dhundhun

Barring the existence of better data, I don't think it prudent to discard clinical time just to obtain a more easily interpreted chart.

Choice is yours only when you do your self and keep on failing.

When you make a visit to any successful professional, they know their job better.

THIS THREAD SEEMS TO BE GOING IN SEVERAL WASTEFUL DISCUSSIONS.

JUPITERASC

At what point does one "grow up"?

I'm aware of contention over birth time as a concept, and as I said above,
I know there are astrologers that insist on rectification of all charts.

However, given the agreed upon in the bolded above, I think it's fair to say that one cannot immediately discount a clinical time because of arguments regarding what constitutes actual birth. This is similar to the question I posed above about growing up. Certain countries, legal majority is 18, but not others. What if one is Jewish? Or part of Hispanic culture? Again, these numbers are different.

I know there are Vedic techniques involving life events that attempt to rectify a chart. I am happy to provide such information, but am not familiar enough to attempt them myself.

Barring the existence of better data,
I don't think it prudent to discard clinical time
just to obtain a more easily interpreted chart.
Interesting that it was because you attended a rectification workshop
that was the inspiration for this thread
:smile:

Hi everyone.

So I recently attended a workshop on rectification
which brought my attention to the whole signs house system.

I know there are a lot of threads discusssing house systems here.
Out of curiosity, I took a look at my natal chart using whole signs and the "view" seems to be quite different at first glance than compared with Placidus.
I'm including both charts.
I shared with the workshop leader that it seemed that the house systems placed emphases on considerably different themes, or that similar things might be said, but for different reasons.

What strikes you about the "differences" (if any) between these two charts?

heretolearn

Choice is yours only when you do your self and keep on failing.

When you make a visit to any successful professional, they know their job better.

THIS THREAD SEEMS TO BE GOING IN SEVERAL WASTEFUL DISCUSSIONS.
It's not always easy to determine the skill level of someone, even if a professional. I am open to recommendations, but I suspect we are not geographically close,dhundhun.

heretolearn

Jupiterasc, yes, I stated as much. The differences between the two house systems remain. It wasn't deemed necessary to rectify my birth time, a notion which you brought up in this thread.

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc, yes, I stated as much.
The differences between the two house systems remain.
It wasn't deemed necessary to rectify my birth time,
a notion which you brought up in this thread.
OP introduced the notion that you are interested in natal chart rectification
simply by stating that you have just completed a workshop on that subject :smile:

So would it be an accurate statement then,
that at the rectification workshop you attended
it was thought unnecessary to rectify your birth time?

dhundhun

I used "WASTEFUL" word in discussion and was wondering, why it came from me.

So, I happen to look you chart. And TRULY, if I looked at your chart, I could have told you that with Astrology you are going NOWHERE (western astrology). I feel sorry stating that.

You may attempt with full force due to Jupiter's influence, but after Uranus there is big gap. Everything will be wasted.

Uranus cuts influence of planets in your chart in two parts (ZERO PLANETS in SECOND DECANATE) -
- The first one with Mars, Sun, Saturn, Node and Jupiter.
- The second one is Venus, Neptune, Par Fortuna, Moon, Pluto, Mercury.
You might feel yourself (torn) apart in these two group.

As astrological suggestion, the second group helpful to you, which is THIRD DECANATE planets.

heretolearn

OP introduced the notion that you are interested in natal chart rectification
simply by stating that you have just completed a workshop on that subject :smile:

So would it be an accurate statement then,
that at the rectification workshop you attended
it was thought unnecessary to rectify your birth time?
My statement was in pointing out that you introduced the idea of a different birth time for the nativity, not that rectification as a general practice was first brought up by you. As for the second, it was in fact in workshop where it wasn't deemed necessary to rectify my chart. The workshop was with Hellenistic astrologer Chris Brennan. He has an online presence, if you are interested in his methods.

heretolearn

I used "WASTEFUL" word in discussion and was wondering, why it came from me.

So, I happen to look you chart. And TRULY, if I looked at your chart, I could have told you that with Astrology you are going NOWHERE (western astrology). I feel sorry stating that.

You may attempt with full force due to Jupiter's influence, but after Uranus there is big gap. Everything will be wasted.

Uranus cuts influence of planets in your chart in two parts (ZERO PLANETS in SECOND DECANATE) -
- The first one with Mars, Sun, Saturn, Node and Jupiter.
- The second one is Venus, Neptune, Par Fortuna, Moon, Pluto, Mercury.
You might feel yourself (torn) apart in these two group.

As astrological suggestion, the second group helpful to you, which is THIRD DECANATE planets.
Hi, dhundhun, I appreciate you coming back and taking a look at my chart. I don't know that I grasp fully your entire comment, or whether the scope was limited to astrology or the entirety of my life's pursuits, but thanks, nonetheless. My inclination is to interpret it as being the latter. Not everyone can be prince or even pauper. I appreciate your suggestion and will try to figure out application. Thanks.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My statement was in pointing out that you introduced the idea of a different birth time for the nativity, not that rectification as a general practice was first brought up by you. As for the second, it was in fact in workshop where it wasn't deemed necessary to rectify my chart. The workshop was with Hellenistic astrologer Chris Brennan. He has an online presence, if you are interested in his methods.
Chris Brennan is also a member of our forum :smile: