Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 03-17-2014, 01:57 PM

6 reasons you're single (Astrology)

http://astro-chologist.com/6-reasons-youre-single/

Unread 03-17-2014, 10:32 PM

Re: 6 reasons you're single (Astrology)

Hmm, I've got Moon and Mars in an Air sign which satisfies one of the reasons. But I've also got Venus in Aries conjunct Mercury in Pisces, which I think is a bigger factor. This sounds strange, but I often find that I'm more attracted to fictional characters than real life people. It's mostly because fictional characters can exist in an ideal way in my mind whereas real people obviously cannot. I often find myself too disappointed in real people to be attracted to them.
StillOne (03-18-2014)
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:23 PM

I have moon in Aries and Mars in Libra...no wonder!
Unread 03-18-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCareALot View Post
Hmm, I've got Moon and Mars in an Air sign which satisfies one of the reasons. But I've also got Venus in Aries conjunct Mercury in Pisces, which I think is a bigger factor. This sounds strange, but I often find that I'm more attracted to fictional characters than real life people. It's mostly because fictional characters can exist in an ideal way in my mind whereas real people obviously cannot. I often find myself too disappointed in real people to be attracted to them.
That's interesting.

I have 12th house venus and moon in gemini, mars in fire/leo. I definitely have an attraction to fictional people as well. Especially in film, and in books. and for me, it's never the conventionally good looking one, or person that saves the day. I like the misfits and outsiders with all the emotional depth and substance.

Sometimes I get enamoured by someone in a painting! I know they are not real, ( since I am not a nutter) but I can so easily fall in love with them. lol.

My venus and moon are mercury ruled and venus is opposite neptune.

And to address the Original posting..

intimacy for me, is definitely time to be with my thoughts, read a book, take a stroll, watch a film at home in the dark. I don't usually mind being alone. I can easily entertain myself, by watching and listening to other people and being out in the world.

yep. yep.

the Venus in Aqua description, I think also applies too Aqua moons. They make better friends than partners too. since their friends often come before their partners anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashriia For This Useful Post:
StillOne (03-18-2014)
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:05 AM

Course I had to check this out to see if I had some of what was listed! I have the Venus Nep conjunction (3) and also my Moon in an Air sign (4).
Unread 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM

I have 2 of these definitely, and all 6 maybe

Venus conjunct saturn.

Moon in an air sign.

The maybes:

Venus in the 11th house - a lot like venus in Aquarius

Venus sextile pluto, but the closest aspect in my chart, & pluto in the 1st in libra - a bit like venus in scorpio

Mars in Virgo - the sun's not the there but the ascendant is

Venus trine neptune, & mars square neptune - similar to venus or mars conjunct neptune

At least now I know why
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:33 PM

Just realised I have two more of these indicators:

Venus square uranus, which is similar to venus in aquarius,

& venus in the dwad of scorpio.

Now I feel justified in my single existence
The Following User Says Thank You to junoisuppose For This Useful Post:
TamaraL (06-20-2014)
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Account Closed

At first I thought it was humorous which is why I checked it out.

I see it's not, though I'm always open and curious about research in the community.

I definitely enjoy being single. Unfortunately, none of the features are in my natal chart.

I have to say that I don't see anything wrong with being single. I'm astounded that some people (not pointing fingers) think that there's something wrong with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to byjove For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-04-2014), TamaraL (06-20-2014)
Unread 04-04-2014, 01:06 AM

Yep and loving it too! I see this a mile off in my chart. However, I have "dabbled" in marriage before "twice"

1. Sagittarius ascendant & SN. Its ruler - Jupiter Rx @ Aries/Taurus cusp
2. Pluto/Venus conjunction (5 minute orb) and conjunct Uranus (2 degree orb) in Leo, In other words, overly independent and dominant in social situations... heheh... so only by being alone can I express this!
3. Sun conjunct Mercury trine Saturn Rx in Air signs, mentally disciplined and detached with defined boundaries.
4. Mercury, ruler of the descendant semi square (perfect) Uranus + quincunx Pisces Moon (its a mixed bag of quickness in thought and neptunium flavoured emotions especially so with moon conjunct IC..)
5. Mars in 8th house Cancer T-square (4 degree orb) to Jupiter and Neptune which is in Libra. I have a preference for partners who can be "deep" in emotional conviction and not afraid to go there..
6. Consideration of the overall Elemental balance of the chart - eg. little or no earth, only air, fire and some water... so basically, I'm not practical and down to earth with the day to day challenges of being in 1 on 1 personal relationships.

Oh well, such is life! ...

Last edited by RodJM; 04-04-2014 at 01:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RodJM For This Useful Post:
StillOne (04-04-2014)
Unread 04-04-2014, 07:04 PM

Venus in Aquarius out of sect in the 11th ruled by Saturn in Pisces combust square Jupiter in Sagittarius.

Reserved and mistrustful to the point of seeming cold and indifferent.
Unread 06-20-2014, 12:14 PM

Wink Re: 6 reasons you're single (Astrology)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCareALot View Post
.... It's mostly because fictional characters can exist in an ideal way in my mind....
Maybe we could get our fictional characters to hook up so we can have a mutual romance through them
Unread 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM

Venus in Taurus square Saturn in Aquarius and Venus opposite Neptune conjunct Moon in Scorpio. Over idealising the feminine, so extremely fussy and then always feeling like they're in a much higher 'league', and at times painfully shy and insecure, not to mention fear of rejection
Unread 06-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Banned

Red face Re: 6 reasons you're single (Astrology)

Guess thats why I have Saturn in the 7th....

Because i'm Air dom (dgaf abut sh*t) with an afflicted Moon(psychotic,racist,unloving,naggy mom who wont accept my relationships either. the opposing planets are Jupiter,Uranus,Venus and Mercury)

If i brought an Italian dude at home, she'd keep an eye on him, in a bad way.
Unread 06-20-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
That's interesting.

I have 12th house venus and moon in gemini, mars in fire/leo. I definitely have an attraction to fictional people as well. Especially in film, and in books. and for me, it's never the conventionally good looking one, or person that saves the day. I like the misfits and outsiders with all the emotional depth and substance.

Sometimes I get enamoured by someone in a painting! I know they are not real, ( since I am not a nutter) but I can so easily fall in love with them. lol.

My venus and moon are mercury ruled and venus is opposite neptune.

And to address the Original posting..

intimacy for me, is definitely time to be with my thoughts, read a book, take a stroll, watch a film at home in the dark. I don't usually mind being alone. I can easily entertain myself, by watching and listening to other people and being out in the world.

yep. yep.

the Venus in Aqua description, I think also applies too Aqua moons. They make better friends than partners too. since their friends often come before their partners anyway.
I am this way, too! Watching the Thor movies, I think Loki is the sexy one. Also I had a crush on Beetlejuice when I was nine. Messed up, I know.

But I have no Aqua planets to justify it! Mars is in 8th house? I have a wide square of Uranus to Venus (Uranus being in the 7th house), I suppose, and trine from Neptune and Mars. Who knows.

The only thing on that list that applies to me is Venus in Virgo. No problems finding a partner, generally.

One of my friends has Gemini Moon (ruler of 7th house) conjunct Chiron and oppose Saturn and Uranus, Aqua Venus (ruler of 5th) square Pluto, Scorpio Mars, Cap Neptune conjunct ASC and Sun, Pluto conjunct MC. I don't ever see him finding a long term relationship with all his hang-ups even though he really wants one, but he's slowly getting to place where that might change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernowerno View Post
Maybe we could get our fictional characters to hook up so we can have a mutual romance through them
I used to do that with a friend of mine in high school. We'd "RP" on notebooks during class, and eventually our characters (mine a guy and hers a girl, both terrible people) hooked up. It's a fun past time.
Unread 06-23-2014, 05:23 AM

I think venus rx should also be there too I have venus rx in an air sign

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished. If you're alive, it isn't.
~Richard Bach
The Following User Says Thank You to oriel For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (06-23-2014)
Unread 06-26-2014, 12:56 PM

Venus in Scorpio.
Unread 06-26-2014, 11:00 PM

None of these natally but progressed Venus is now in Aquarius
Unread 06-28-2014, 06:50 AM

Ditto on the 7th house Saturn and there's Venus sq Pluto. I naturally push people away - it's my mechanism and I hate it. I don't hate being single though. Been nearly drowned trying to chase after the fish I've lost.
Unread 08-09-2014, 10:53 PM

I have none of the above, and have never been in a relationship and don't desire one: too much responsibility and stress. I like my freedom to come and go as I please and not meet the demands of anyone. I'm cautious about trusting anyone, I don't trust the opposite sex, not even my own sex. I have trust issues.

Scorpio Asc
Sun in Taurus in 6th house
Moon in Scorpio in 12th house
Mercury in Taurus in 6th house
Venus in Aries in 4th house
Mars in Pisces in 4th house
Jupiter in Cancer in 8th house
Saturn in Capricorn in 2nd house
Uranus in Capricorn in 2nd house
Neptune in Capricorn in 2nd house
Pluto in Scorpio in 12th house

A bolt load of squares to the Venus, no important positive aspects. Moon conjuncts pluto, Sun opposes both Moon and Pluto. Perhaps it's my Saturn in aspect to all my other earthy placements...And yes, Venus sq Saturn...Or it must be all of aspects to the independent Uranus...Sun, Mercury conj Uranus, Venus sq Uranus, Jupiter opposes Uranus...

According to this list, what's my problem?

Last edited by soratothamax; 08-10-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: add more
Unread 08-09-2014, 11:04 PM

Hey Sora! Please post your chart!
Unread 08-10-2014, 08:02 PM

Gemini Sun conjunct Mercury
7th house Uranus
Uranus rules the 3rd house. Mars in Leo conjuct ASC and Saturn I also have a Leo moon in 12H.My Venus in Cancer suffers the most longing for companionship lol.

Last edited by GEMINI78; 08-10-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Hey Sora! Please post your chart!
Okay. My detrimental Venus is pretty messed up with all of those squares. I feel it, I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_49_my_chart_hp.75379.12746.jpg (80.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by soratothamax; 08-10-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: clarity
Unread 08-10-2014, 09:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ThunderGoddess

Lol, we can give a new name to this forum - the Forever single club.

I am a passionate lover to ... fictional characters.

I can add to the reasons for being single Saturn in the fifth house. I have Saturn in Aquarius in the fifth hs and I personally find it the biggest challenge in my natal chart. I am trying to be nice, to be spontaneous, to have fun like people do. I like fun, I have Mars/Venus/Jupiter in Leo and I really want to unleash them but no matter what I do it's just not happening. Saturn is not actually opposing my Mars and Venus but there is no need to do so, because it already controls them.
I keep talking to myself about the things I should change in order to become more appealing person. I dig and I dig and I dig and I know a lot about what has to be done. Perhaps I shouldn't be that picky and perhaps I shouldn't search for someone who wnats to take seriousy our relationship since the beginning. Perhaps I am searching for someone who doesn't exist of even if there is such person, the chances are I won't find him. I decide change all of it but then Saturn comes to give his oppinion which is:

Saturn is conservative by nature, but when it's in fixed sign and in fixed house ... is a nightmare. I just can't make myself like someone who doesn't have the needed qualities. Yeah, I appriciate people are different and I know they are not list of traits and that phylosophy works on friendships now (a while ago it didn't), but I just feel I don't need someone who is not the image I am seeking.

I have Moon conjcuct Neptune and at the same time they apply quincunxes to Venus and Mars - so yeah, I am caught up in a dream. In some very deep level I am a romantic soul and at some point I fall in love with someone. They can be fictional characters or they can be real people. But when they are real people they are like fictional characters - there is nothing in common between the person and the image in my head. When I fall in love, I push really hard, pehaps I am tedious but when all that fire passion comes unleashed people better hide somewhere. In the end I am always rejected and at the present moment I am hurt so much about all I've been trough that I just hope I will never fall in love again. I don't want relationships with some people just because I am supposed to be in a relationship or because that makes you learn things you need in life. So when Neptune doesn't mess up things I really live my life very happy.
Unread 08-12-2014, 03:35 AM

Venus In Aquarius and Mars in Gemini :-/

But recently I have been having this deep desire for a connection; I do not mean sex or a superficial one, but something deep... I have the need to experience Love from another being that is not family or myself. Like I have all this love I want to share in an inter-independent relationship (darn Uranus in 7th). Having so many planets in pisces (mercury, moon, jupiter) makes me a hopeless romantic. Can I have a relationship without me having to change who I am?

I tend to attract men who suddenly have no time and want to spend little time with me then I turn "needy" wanting more, so I break it off when I sense there is no clarity about his intentions. I want attention then I want space, I want romance and fantasy but I also want intellectual connection... so contradictory :-(
Unread 09-19-2014, 08:10 PM

There's a lot causes for being single,because some people like their independence and that when uranus come to play,uranus making an aspect to mars or venus or in the 5th house make it hard to tame and like to be free.or Lilith she likes to be single and express her wild free side,I think lilithian women have a trouble with marriage and being under a man's hands

some people for the fear of intimacy,it could be a damaged 8th house or the asteroid Vesta who happened to causes some problem with getting intimate with other people,Pallas also happened to have aloof and distant making it hard to be intimate with other person.

I also thinks saturn also plays a part of being single,because it make feel somewhat deformed,ugly and unworthy of love.

Tags
astrology, reasons, single