Rihanna

SecretGarden

I've been wondering what her rising sign is for years now. There has to be some element of luck in her chart because she had no trouble at all becoming famous. She also has 12 or 13 tattoos. Any guesses?

My guess is Leo.

live performance at Grammy Awards:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ArnU95eJXM

photos attached.

Birthday: Feb 20, 1988

Attachments

• rihanna1.jpg
    rihanna1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Rihanna2.jpg
    Rihanna2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Rihanna-Red-Hair.jpg
    Rihanna-Red-Hair.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Rihanna-Whats-My-Name-FanMade1.jpg
    Rihanna-Whats-My-Name-FanMade1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 48
  • carte.php.png
    carte.php.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 79

MaeMae

Banned
The Cult of Personality is powerful.

Here is a young woman who was raised poor and found fame with the likes of Pimp JayZ (has anyone noticed how fearfully hollow Beyonce has become since she's been with him?) former Drug Dealer and Gangster.

She was beaten in the face by her gangster boyfriend Chris Brown.

Her songs don't go unrecorded or unpublished without the Pimp JayZ's approval.

In my opinion, not one to be glorified.

One who needs to rescue herself.

Demographics, folks.

The cycle of abuse exists in Music Industry just as it does in domestic relationships.

I might suggest pulling off your Neptune spangly shades and having a good hard look at the situation.

Then let's talk Astrology.

AriScoPis87

All I know is that Rihanna is a Pisces w/ an Aries Moon. I think this just points to her need to have guys be in control of her and trying to put on an "image" of being tough, but feminine.

SecretGarden

The Cult of Personality is powerful.

Here is a young woman who was raised poor and found fame with the likes of Pimp JayZ (has anyone noticed how fearfully hollow Beyonce has become since she's been with him?) former Drug Dealer and Gangster.

She was beaten in the face by her gangster boyfriend Chris Brown.

Her songs don't go unrecorded or unpublished without the Pimp JayZ's approval.

In my opinion, not one to be glorified.

One who needs to rescue herself.

Demographics, folks.

The cycle of abuse exists in Music Industry just as it does in domestic relationships.

I might suggest pulling off your Neptune spangly shades and having a good hard look at the situation.

Then let's talk Astrology.

This is untrue. Jay Z simply represents her management. She is on the label Def Jam (recently merged with Island to create Island Def Jam) and A&R reps/label heads usually are the ones to decide which songs make it onto an album. Recently, she has been working with a Norwegian production team called Stargate, who have produced her last 4 #1 hits. Additionally, Rihanna is an established artist who most certainly gets her 2 cents in when it comes to making an album. Her last 2 albums, 'Rated R' and 'Loud', have been her visions. Jay-Z was the one to sign Rihanna, not the one to discover her, and he helped her a lot in the initial stages of her career - something that every artist gets from one person or another in the beginning of their career. Rihanna no longer needs Jay-Z's "approval" to do anything, really.

In regards to what you said about her needing to rescue herself, I disagree. I wouldn't feel too bad for her. Apart from the Chris Brown beating, she is doing just fine. And she spoke up about domestic violence after that like any role model should. Chris Brown really went through the sh*tter for what he did to her. It ruined his career for years and even got him banned from the UK. He has only just been able to recover career wise with his hit "Look At Me Now" featuring Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, who both outshine him on the track. Rihanna's musical chart performance went up after that incident. She has had 4 Billboard #1s in the last year.

Yes, abuse happens in the music industry, but it happens in every industry. How many times to you hear about people sleeping with their bosses to get a coveted job? This happens all the time, and I'm not saying Rihanna has done this - we will never know. I personally do not think she has. But this concept isn't anything new, and I wouldn't make Rihanna out to be some victim. As she says in one of her own songs "I never played a victim, I'd rather be a stalker."

I wouldn't say she needs to be saved or is a victim of consistent abuse. She was a victim of abuse once because she had a jerk for a boyfriend. He paid the price and she's soaring.

Back to the topic of her rising sign, I do think her sun could be in the 12th like someone above me mentioned if her rising sign is Aries. I think she has a fire rising sign - I think it could be Leo as well. She careers herself well in interviews and has incredible stage presence. The latter is apparently what made her stand out in the beginning of her career.

Last edited:

DeLaSoul

This is true. In 2011, she gained full control of the Rihanna franchise after the 4 album contract with Jay-Z/Def Jam finished. She doesn't need anyone's approval anymore.

She has a team of people working behind her, similar to haus of gaga. Would this maybe show in 11th or 6th houses?..hmm

Obviously she isn't the best live singer, I know this has been said millions of times.. but she does have natural talent when it comes to presenting herself. She intuitively knows how to appear photogenic on camera.

Wish I could figure out a true rising sign for her.

Last edited:

SecretGarden

Gemini

lengthing my post

ohh that's interesting! I've never heard anyone guess an air sign for her! Do lengthen your post :)

Another thing to add is something she said about herself and the way she comes across:

'Rihanna admits that people often think she's rude because she isn't always open and chatty when she meets new people.
She told WPGC radio: "I don't really open up to a lot of people, usually I go very quiet. If I don't know someone, often I don't say very much, I observe and people think I am snooty because of that.
"People assume that I'm a b*tch. But I don't think that I am. I just don't feel I have to be that enthusiastic if I don't know who you are yet."

I'm definitely in between Leo and Scorpio. Both fixed and powerful signs, both exude sex appeal. She said that "People think i'm overly sexy" (maybe it's because you sing songs called 'S&M' !!! :tongue:) It's hard to tell which one she is, for me, because she has a Sun in Pisces and a Moon in Aries. so it's a bit confusing to arrive at a definitive answer. She also has a Pisces tattoo behind one of her ears, so she is at least somewhat astro-aware.

IWDWSWLM

ohh that's interesting! I've never heard anyone guess an air sign for her! Do lengthen your post :)

Another thing to add is something she said about herself and the way she comes across:

'Rihanna admits that people often think she's rude because she isn't always open and chatty when she meets new people.
She told WPGC radio: "I don't really open up to a lot of people, usually I go very quiet. If I don't know someone, often I don't say very much, I observe and people think I am snooty because of that.
"People assume that I'm a b*tch. But I don't think that I am. I just don't feel I have to be that enthusiastic if I don't know who you are yet."

I'm definitely in between Leo and Scorpio. Both fixed and powerful signs, both exude sex appeal. She said that "People think i'm overly sexy" (maybe it's because you sing songs called 'S&M' !!! :tongue:) It's hard to tell which one she is, for me, because she has a Sun in Pisces and a Moon in Aries. so it's a bit confusing to arrive at a definitive answer. She also has a Pisces tattoo behind one of her ears, so she is at least somewhat astro-aware.

I think her stand-offish persona is more of a cultural thing. My mom is from Barbados, and typically West-Indian/Caribbean people are polite but a bit distant. I find people from the UK to be similar as well. There is a polite detachment to them/

DeLaSoul

Is this Rihanna's chart? What do you think? I find the angular malefic stellium very interesting in 7th house.. looks like an amazing chart to me
zm189u.jpg

C0rnholio

Is this Rihanna's chart? What do you think? I find the angular malefic stellium very interesting in 7th house.. looks like an amazing chart to me

I think this is the correct chart. I was initially thinking the exact flip of that (Sag Ascendant), but this chart also makes sense, actually even more sense.

DeLaSoul

I think this is the correct chart. I was initially thinking the exact flip of that (Sag Ascendant), but this chart also makes sense, actually even more sense.
I was thinking of how frequently hairstyle changed during GGGB era. Mutable rising aspecting venus/moon.. Also how I said Mercury retro is very apparent with her personality.

The rectification was pretty simple though so perhaps another more experienced astrologer can confirm whether Gemini rising is correct for Rihanna

Last edited:

C0rnholio

Her Mars has got to be prominent. I was thinking the 1st house. But Neptune can't be in the 2nd, she has a lot of money. It has to be in the 8th. Then the Mars and the scary stellium fall in the 7th -- makes a lot of sense, troubles with relationships. Chiron in the 1st - self-doubt and self-assertion. The ruler of the chart is in the 9th house - she is indeed a very private person. The Sun is highly visible on the MC. The NN must be either in the 1st or in the 10th, not 4th. So, here you go. I think this is the right ascendant.

DeLaSoul, which events did you use for rectification?

savanna

I think a Gemini ascendant makes sense. The MC in late Aquarius making it conjunct her early Pisces sun. This gives her a pretty large amount of planetary aspects (many sextiles!). Maybe a birthtime of about noon (12pm) or a few minutes past.