What are you learning from COVID?

aquarius7000

Yes I know, it will be that, but it just makes you think what an impact all the pollution is having on our wildlife....not that many people care. Even certain fish that's not been seen for a while has been now seen in an Italy river, I think ive heard this is the same for China too.
The fish and other flora and fauna must be like - finally, a breath of 'fresh' air. Finally we can breathe. :love:
Finally, a little less plastic and other garbage. It is amazing...

It is also teaching some of us - how difficult it is to have to stay within your four walls and learn to get to meet your own self, to spend time with you and yourself.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

What I have learnt and would like to share:

Please note that to stay safe from corona:
1) STAY INDOORS. Avoid crowds.
2) DRINK HOT LIQUIDS AND BEVERAGES, like .tea and coffee
3) DRINK HOT WATER TWICE A DAY WITH Salt or Turmeric - best anti-septic
4) Do NOT DRINK Cold liquids at least for 6 weeks.
5) If you go to do groceries or anything important, when you come home, change top layer of clothes and put in detergent water. Corona spreads very easily through clothes. Best is to take a shower and wash your hair. REGULARLY MANY TIMES A DAY WASH YOUR HANDS WELL WITH SOAP
6) Corona virus sits on metal and concrete for upto 10 hours, so use dettol, or bleach or soapy water to daily clean the door knobs and handles
7) GARGLE with hot water with salt and pinch of turmeric every day.

#Main #thing is coronavirus becomes stronger and survives best in cold so it attacks the sinuses and lungs. If it reaches the lungs, it can endanger one’s life!! You have to kill it in the throat area, so gargle and drink hot water.

#Symptoms of having corona are: fever and loss of sense of smell - that combination is very telling.
STAY SAFE STAY INDOORS

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, and am sharing the above information to the best of my knowledge and with best intentions. If you feel sick, get help from a medical doctor.

AppLeo

Hi,

There's something positive in everything. So, to see the glass as half full, how would you say has the COVID situation been positively affecting you?

For instance, COVID seems to be unifying people even with social distancing instructions in place :lol:

I, for instance, have been reading quite a bit and found how relaxing that is. Of course there's more positive I have discovered, but I will let you have a go now with how the COVID situation has positively affected you.

Wow, how much more Aquarian can you get? Lol

Personally, I like the virus because, as an introvert, the social pressure to go out and do **** has ceased to exist. Now I can practice my hermit lifestyle with pride.

I also love doing my classes online. Way less work to learn the same information. Idk why we don’t have online classes for everything normally? Why do anything when you have the internetz?

aquarius7000

Wow, how much more Aquarian can you get? Lol

Personally, I like the virus because, as an introvert, the social pressure to go out and do **** has ceased to exist. Now I can practice my hermit lifestyle with pride.

I also love doing my classes online. Way less work to learn the same information. Idk why we don’t have online classes for everything normally? Why do anything when you have the internetz?
Yes, I live my Aquarian Sun out much more than my Leo Asc. more often than not. I am a very we (broader humanity) oriented person. Other astrological placements in my chart contribute to that, but I'd rather not digress from the real topic of the thread. :lol:

Yes, I am also learning that COVID in its own morbid way, as in the social-distancing is easier for introverts to manage - out of habit. :happy:

AppLeo

Yes, I live my Aquarian Sun out much more than my Leo Asc. more often than not. I am a very we (broader humanity) oriented person. Other astrological placements in my chart contribute to that, but I'd rather not digress from the real topic of the thread. :lol:

Yes, I am also learning that COVID in its own morbid way, as in the social-distancing is easier for introverts to manage - out of habit. :happy:

Introverts are superior to extraverts so this is a blessing disguised as a curse.

Chrysalis

Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?:lol:

david starling

Speaking of introverts is there a name for rebellious introverts? Up until this pandemic, I've always classed myself as an introvert, but now I'm actually being told to stay indoors, I want to go outdoors?:lol:

It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!

Chrysalis

It's less crowded out there, since most of the natural extroverts are obediently "sheltering in place". Much nicer outdoor environment for a natural introvert!

I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.

david starling

I like how you say "obediently" the strange thing is the extroverts I know of are the most obedient ones during all this. I have an acquaintance across the road from me, she is usually so extroverted but with all this going on, she's been the most compliant. Interesting.

I think that most extroverts are socially oriented, and are attuned to what the social hierarchy expects of people. Whereas, introverts are usually more individualistic, and prefer to go their own way.

Hkk

Account Closed
MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise it’s not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system

aquarius7000

MayBe we have to live with this or thru this for a long time. In this case I feel the economic system will need to change to live or get thru this.

At the moment the only thing we can do is play it by ear. So once we finish playing it by ear and realise it’s not going away things will have to change starting with the economic system
Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it. :andy:

david starling

Not just the whole economic system will need to change, but I feel the entire thinking of mankind, this feeling of might is right that man essentially lives by and abuses it in so many ways - from little things like all this plastic, etc stuff we have been using completely mindlessly and out of convenience - without a thought about what we are doing to this beautiful world we live in, how we are so recklessly harming our environment and hurting all the other beings in it. How seeing monetary gain in everything has completely dominated the minds of our leaders and most everybody governed by them. And how that leads us to so much destruction in so many ways. I think for our own selfishness - will to survive - will need a complete overhaul.

Only, seeing some even today, I am not sure this coronavirus will do it. Unfortunately, I feel there is much more intense morbidity to come. We have had many, many warnings in the form of many tsunamis, SARS 1, etc, but look where we are today. Nature knows how to become the voice of those that cannot speak and deal with us, each time more painfully and severely, and we deserve it. :andy:

It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.

Chrysalis

I was walking down my road today to the local corner store, and three times people were walking up towards me on the same side, but beforehand crossed the road to walk on the other side.

I think we have been programmed now to always act like this.

aquarius7000

It's difficult for many, especially those afflicted with a need for wealth and power, to realize that the Earth is a living, sentient entity, upon which we depend for our survival as a species.
Then I would say let us stop looking at such people. Let us each start with our own selves and expand outwardly - from us to our children, parents, siblings, family, friends, wider social circle. Otherwise, we are just looking for ways to shirk that very critical responsibility and pass the buck / responsibility on to others. After all, we to partake of this nature's beauty and everything in it. The real problem lies in the highly individualistic attitudes we have developed in this modern world, where as long as everything is fine with me and my immediate family (sometimes we don't even care about family) who cares about society, the environment... It is for somebody else to worry about. We have to all develop an inclusive attitude. Think about what I do - how will that effect others, not just my own kids and family. It is not an impossible task if at least some of us start.

A small e.g. is if people stopped using plastic bags and cutlery as much as possible, its demand will reduce. Demand controls supply and that controls the amounts to be produced or manufactured.

aquarius7000

I am learning to use Patience.

Yes, very correct. It is also teaching us to discover our own selves and really getting to know our family because if you notice - there is very very little right now to distract us from ourselves and our families.

Yesterday, after getting so fed up of TV and Internet Surfing, I actually thought, let me do my eyes a favour and give them a break from all this screen time. Let me go to the state library close by and get a book or two and do some old-fashioned (so to say) quality reading. Then realised, wait a min., can't do that even.

Also learning to really be content with what we have.

eekndyn

I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.

Hkk

Account Closed
I have been documenting a sad but materialistic reality. Amazon has been building there prime air hub <2 miles from my home. They cleared out generation of farm/forest land for said project. To cater to peoples one click ease of purchasing. Upon clearing this land, many bald eagles, deer and every creature had to relocate. They blast the earth 2x's m-f @1:50 & 5:20. It shakes our whole county and affecting many homes within its radius. Its opened my eyes that we living materialistic reality and those with wealth and power r**p**g the earth.

That’s pure evil and you knocked the nail on the head when you say they are R’ing our earth 🌍