Short version:Question about reception and how to apply in relation horary

Suede

Hi everyone

I m trying to understand the concept of reception / dignity better and how that can be applied in a relationship horary

Sorry I m posting it again without trying to interpret (which I m not good atl. Hope this cause less confusion this time.

I am using a chart I posted before as example

The querent's question is : Is he sexually attracted to me and will we have sex ".

Querent significator:
Jupiter: scorpio 13
Moon: Aries 19
Venus: Leo 26

Quesited significator:
Mercury: Leo 10
Sun: Cancer 14

in terms of aspect, Mercury and Jupiter will apply square, therefore the judgement lean towards YES.

But how I can use reception / dignity to help the querent to understand the situation better to come up with a decision?

Thanks

Attachments

• 0A6C66EC-CA78-4031-B2BA-6BAFFEE8638F.jpg
    0A6C66EC-CA78-4031-B2BA-6BAFFEE8638F.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Using jup/merc, merc will apply to jupiter from the sign Leo, where the square aspect perfects at 13 degrees, BUT jupiter only receives this aspect from merc by face, which is not that great for anything positive to come of it.

At this point also venus will be ready to move into virgo = a change of circumstance/heart/mind.

Dignity wise, mercury when aspects jup, will have lost its term and will be peregrine, this doesn't really give mercury any kind of confidence to pursue this square directly towards jupiter.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi everyone

I m trying to understand the concept of reception / dignity better and how that can be applied in a relationship horary

Sorry I m posting it again without trying to interpret (which I m not good atl. Hope this cause less confusion this time.

I am using a chart I posted before as example

The querent's question is : Is he sexually attracted to me and will we have sex ".

Querent significator:
Jupiter: scorpio 13
Moon: Aries 19
Venus: Leo 26

Quesited significator:
Mercury: Leo 10
Sun: Cancer 14

in terms of aspect, Mercury and Jupiter will apply square, therefore the judgement lean towards YES.

But how I can use reception / dignity to help the querent to understand the situation better to come up with a decision?

Thanks

For it to be a compelling yes, the reception needs to be mutual between the two significators, which means going in both directions, either by dignity or by exaltation or some combination of the two.

Suede

Chrysalis

Thanks for your response. Your comment trigger my next question. Thanks in advance for answering. I definite learn from it.

“jupiter only receives this aspect from merc by face, which is not that great for anything positive to come of it.”. — Does it mean Jupiter doesn’t “welcome”/interested in mercury? Or the other way round?

“mercury when aspects jup, will have lost its term and will be peregrine, this doesn't really give mercury any kind of confidence to pursue this square directly towards jupiter.” — to explain it in the content, the quesited actually don’t have the confidence to approach the querent?

- how about other cosignificator? Does it matter? Because I read something about if we look at the dignity of the planet, which the other planet located, that can tell the emotion of the querent towards the quesited

So based on your comment
- it is not likely to happen because the quesited will not approach and the action is not welcome by one of the person ?
- and the querent (venue female) will change her mind in 4 units of time so this may not matter any more at that point?

The background of this question is, the querent really really like this person for few months. She feel like he is not interested or not interested enough to have a relationship or make a move. so she is considering to approach it from a friends with benefits angle see if this is possible and whether she should be making a move.

Last edited:

Suede

Ilene

Thanks for comment. Based on your comment, it look it up, as chrysalis mention, Jupiter is receiving mercury by face, and I can’t see similar for mercury to Jupiter

How other other cosignificator? Because in this case, I think there is more positive aspect for the other cosignificator

Thanks