Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-14-2017, 12:05 PM
aquabutterfly aquabutterfly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

Hello

I see many theories about twin souls when looking to synastry but wouldn t make more sense if twins have similar placements (and not opposite placements)? We are looking for a twin (similar not different -opposite). Would like to read your thoughts on this. Thanks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12-24-2017, 03:32 PM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

I've seen this term around sometimes but I haven't seen it isolated to opposite placement. If it is... it is probably because opposite signs are part of the same polarity; approaching the same goal in different ways. In that sense, when two meet they would be bringing to the theme/goal what the other lacks, completing each other.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 01-05-2018, 09:46 PM
love-thinking love-thinking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 576
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabutterfly View Post
Hello

I see many theories about twin souls when looking to synastry but wouldn t make more sense if twins have similar placements (and not opposite placements)? We are looking for a twin (similar not different -opposite). Would like to read your thoughts on this. Thanks
There's this guy that really reminds me of myself. Not everything though, just some things. I looked at our synastry, and he has sun in scorpio opposite my moon in taurus(which is in the 8th house). So there is this aspect of mirroring. My feminine energy is familiar with the scorpio energy as it is in the 8th house, but also mirrors his masculine sun energy. We also have his moon conjunct my sun in a wide orb if that counts?

I can't be with him since he is married and I'm perfectly fine with it. He shows signs of being very fascinated or maybe obsessed with me(stole my pictures and shares them in his social media-my glamourous ones for perhaps his friends to see-it's kind of weird honestly-i don't know how I feel about it) and I'm not going to lie I was very fixated on him for some time, stalking his social media from time to time as well and I wouldn't have found out he shares my pictures if I hadn't found his social media accounts myself through searching for it.

We don't have any pluto aspects aside for one wide orbed sun pluto conjunction. His mars also conjuncts my ascendent.

Anyways, he's the most magnetic person I've seen. Almost all his planets are in scorpio and the one planet that's not(mars) is in libra. I've watched women who would never ever date him because of reasons I don't wish to mention, ponder over the fact that he called them pretty.

My attraction towards him could be solely because of his magnetism and his attraction toward me could be because of the fact that I'm a plutonian myself that reminds him of himself and because of his mars on my ascendent.

Anyways, off topic. I think that we are or at least near twin flames if his sun in scoprio is in his second house. Sadly, I don't know his birth time.

I think with twin flames there's this mirroring going on. Try and find feminine and masculine energies mirroring eachother. Example: libra ascendent opposite aries ascendent. Venus in sag 2nd house opposite other partners mars in gemini 8th house. Then sun conjunct/opposite moon. etc. The more of those you can find the more likely they are twin flames.

Additional things to look for: Usually one of the only people that are going to have their twinflames incarnated on this planet are old souls, maybe mature souls. Look for old soul qualities, and old soul indicators in the chart

Old soul indicators: pisces, capricorn, aquarius, lots of transpersonal planets aspecting the lumanaries and personal points-pluto is more of an indicator of a mature soul, also some lunar mansions I am going to mension (vedic astrology: (reveti, purva bhadrapada, uttara bhadrapada)

Traits of old souls: they are interested in spiritual, metaphysical occult topics; they like being alone unless they feel a deep connection with someone they had past lives with.

These souls that are in between-old and mature soul are going through excruciatingly painful near twin flame relationships because they want to get rid of karma and so they can be ready for twin flame relationships in this lifetime or future ones.

Other than that, these people usually live in countries that give them the freedom to explore their non-conforming interests and allows them to partake in deep and trans formative relationships unless their souls have other purposes. This is because they have gone through the phases of their rebirth cycles where they are required to gain needs like food, a partner to have sex and procreate with for the sake of learning to live in the material world.

These phases are where they gain spiritual purification so they can attain gnosis/moksha and leave the material plane.

Other than that, you need to look at parallels in eachother's lives. Like sometimes you'll find that opposite things will happen at each point in you guys' lives.

I had a friend once, she stopped being muslim. She met a guy who converted to islam when she became an appostate. They got close, and they both shared their perspectives on why they made their decisions. No matter how opposite their views seemed, they always had a soft side for eachother and highly respected one another. Eventually they both moved on with their lives but still remember one another in a good light.

He may be his twin flame or even just a soulmate but he was definitely important in her life. There's something of a dual nature.

For those literally meant to be with their twin flames: You'll have the opposite yet same aspects AND things like venus conjunct pluto or moon conjunct pluto, venus conjunct neptune. These are aspects of obsession-yes even venus conjunct neptune. venus conjunct neptune being a soulmate aspect. The orbs MUST be small though.

Sorry long post. This is just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 05-08-2020, 12:15 AM
aquabutterfly aquabutterfly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by love-thinking View Post
There's this guy that really reminds me of myself. Not everything though, just some things. I looked at our synastry, and he has sun in scorpio opposite my moon in taurus(which is in the 8th house). So there is this aspect of mirroring. My feminine energy is familiar with the scorpio energy as it is in the 8th house, but also mirrors his masculine sun energy. We also have his moon conjunct my sun in a wide orb if that counts?

I can't be with him since he is married and I'm perfectly fine with it. He shows signs of being very fascinated or maybe obsessed with me(stole my pictures and shares them in his social media-my glamourous ones for perhaps his friends to see-it's kind of weird honestly-i don't know how I feel about it) and I'm not going to lie I was very fixated on him for some time, stalking his social media from time to time as well and I wouldn't have found out he shares my pictures if I hadn't found his social media accounts myself through searching for it.

We don't have any pluto aspects aside for one wide orbed sun pluto conjunction. His mars also conjuncts my ascendent.

Anyways, he's the most magnetic person I've seen. Almost all his planets are in scorpio and the one planet that's not(mars) is in libra. I've watched women who would never ever date him because of reasons I don't wish to mention, ponder over the fact that he called them pretty.

My attraction towards him could be solely because of his magnetism and his attraction toward me could be because of the fact that I'm a plutonian myself that reminds him of himself and because of his mars on my ascendent.

Anyways, off topic. I think that we are or at least near twin flames if his sun in scoprio is in his second house. Sadly, I don't know his birth time.

I think with twin flames there's this mirroring going on. Try and find feminine and masculine energies mirroring eachother. Example: libra ascendent opposite aries ascendent. Venus in sag 2nd house opposite other partners mars in gemini 8th house. Then sun conjunct/opposite moon. etc. The more of those you can find the more likely they are twin flames.

Additional things to look for: Usually one of the only people that are going to have their twinflames incarnated on this planet are old souls, maybe mature souls. Look for old soul qualities, and old soul indicators in the chart

Old soul indicators: pisces, capricorn, aquarius, lots of transpersonal planets aspecting the lumanaries and personal points-pluto is more of an indicator of a mature soul, also some lunar mansions I am going to mension (vedic astrology: (reveti, purva bhadrapada, uttara bhadrapada)

Traits of old souls: they are interested in spiritual, metaphysical occult topics; they like being alone unless they feel a deep connection with someone they had past lives with.

These souls that are in between-old and mature soul are going through excruciatingly painful near twin flame relationships because they want to get rid of karma and so they can be ready for twin flame relationships in this lifetime or future ones.

Other than that, these people usually live in countries that give them the freedom to explore their non-conforming interests and allows them to partake in deep and trans formative relationships unless their souls have other purposes. This is because they have gone through the phases of their rebirth cycles where they are required to gain needs like food, a partner to have sex and procreate with for the sake of learning to live in the material world.

These phases are where they gain spiritual purification so they can attain gnosis/moksha and leave the material plane.

Other than that, you need to look at parallels in eachother's lives. Like sometimes you'll find that opposite things will happen at each point in you guys' lives.

I had a friend once, she stopped being muslim. She met a guy who converted to islam when she became an appostate. They got close, and they both shared their perspectives on why they made their decisions. No matter how opposite their views seemed, they always had a soft side for eachother and highly respected one another. Eventually they both moved on with their lives but still remember one another in a good light.

He may be his twin flame or even just a soulmate but he was definitely important in her life. There's something of a dual nature.

For those literally meant to be with their twin flames: You'll have the opposite yet same aspects AND things like venus conjunct pluto or moon conjunct pluto, venus conjunct neptune. These are aspects of obsession-yes even venus conjunct neptune. venus conjunct neptune being a soulmate aspect. The orbs MUST be small though.

Sorry long post. This is just my 2 cents.
Wow after all this time I'm here reading it and it's so spot on! Thank you for taking the time to answer although just now I saw that I did not reply back at the time. 🙏
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-08-2020, 03:01 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,328
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

I'm not sure if I believe in 'twin flames', or at least by conventional, new agey terms, but there is a person who I match that energy with. We mirror each other, we illuminate each others' shadows, we've completely inflamed each others' egos and forced the other to grow. We have no opposing aspects though


and I want to say, two people can have very opposing energy while also not having opposing aspects or have very similar energy while also having opposing aspects. This isn't gonna show up cleanly in astrology nor is 'masculine' and 'feminine' because the truly sacred and spiritual facets of femininity and masculinity don't fit our modern constructs which are felt throughout astrology regardless of its roots



Instead, we more similar aspects, but one crucial difference is that her chart is completely non-retrograde, and mine is full of retrogrades. She's a Scorpio and I'm a Cancer, though our suns technically square, they don't trine. She's a Gemini moon, Scorpio Mars and Mercury, Virgo Venus. I'm a Virgo moon and Mars, Gemini Venus, Cancer Mercury. Our Draconic charts have some interesting patterns as well



our connection is truly a very deep and soulful one and one we both can feel that transcends all logic and all expectations, all desires of those around us. Our meeting has put us both on our needed paths of growth and we have this weird quality of being opposite in some ways, but very much the same internally. We moreso represent the qualities the other has has to integrate for each other, like I said, our shadow sides


relationship was extremely rocky at first, but we had to integrate those changes to get onto a path of reconciliation. I still don't know if I believe in 'twin flames', but if twin flames are real, she is mine. Definitely


and I cannot underexpress the magnitude and depth of the soul connection and how our meeting each other spurred this immense growth for each other in such a way that if we had never met, neither of our lives would be the same even if we weren't meant to be together. If we had just met, known each other, and decided to be with different people, we'd still have had such an intense impact on each other that was integral. It has a lot to do with each others' respective traumas


We learn from each other in ways we can't learn from anyone else and there's something unspoken, a very powerful energy between us both as if we could create anything in this world together. So I wouldn't throw this term around erroneously either. We both have massive ambitions and desires to do great things for the world and we're both very focused on growth, but in some ways, it is like we're the inside out of each other
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 05-08-2020, 03:03 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,328
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

It is important to note, astrology is more of a human construct. Deeper, true spiritual ideas like the soul, twin flames, old souls... you're not gonna find defined patterns in astrology because the mode of understanding these is so much deeper and more unfathomable than the construct of astrology. Astrology is far more superficial and there's other issues like the fact that outer planets aren't important in terms of ancient astrology. They have no impact. So given that, if we're talking about something as deeply sacred and beyond ancient as spirituality, much of what we hold in modern astrology isn't gonna matter even if some facets arguably do

Last edited by Lykanized; 05-08-2020 at 03:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 05-08-2020, 03:14 AM
Lykanized's Avatar
Lykanized Lykanized is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: iamamiwhoami
Posts: 4,328
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

Btw, I think certain terms in new age spirituality are given too much credence particularly because when people speak of them, they do so in such superficial terms that have no import in terms of true sprituality. All these popular terms like 'twin flame'... they don't matter. You can feel the connection with someone and what kind of connection it is, and that connection defies all words because words themselves are human constructs. You don't need that term to qualify your relationship as valuable. However, if twin flames are real, not everyone is gonna have one. It's a very very intensive experience and most people are just not at all ready to even start approaching their needed transformations and therefor would not be able to handle that experience of having a twin flame. That's just the truth of it


most people are much too static for it
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 05-10-2020, 11:32 PM
aquabutterfly aquabutterfly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
Btw, I think certain terms in new age spirituality are given too much credence particularly because when people speak of them, they do so in such superficial terms that have no import in terms of true sprituality. All these popular terms like 'twin flame'... they don't matter. You can feel the connection with someone and what kind of connection it is, and that connection defies all words because words themselves are human constructs. You don't need that term to qualify your relationship as valuable. However, if twin flames are real, not everyone is gonna have one. It's a very very intensive experience and most people are just not at all ready to even start approaching their needed transformations and therefor would not be able to handle that experience of having a twin flame. That's just the truth of it


most people are much too static for it
Thanks for taking the time to reply and share your views. I do agree about the terminology issue going on. And in the end there is no labels needed I guess... When it comes to us we will know it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 05-26-2020, 04:46 PM
agnes11 agnes11 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 30
Re: twin souls in astrology - similar placements not different

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabutterfly View Post
Hello

I see many theories about twin souls when looking to synastry but wouldn t make more sense if twins have similar placements (and not opposite placements)? We are looking for a twin (similar not different -opposite). Would like to read your thoughts on this. Thanks
I have same reservations about twin flame terminology. But I've been researching it so much, I can't avoid thinking about it.

My boyfriend and me are twin flames based on all these definitions.
We are complete mirrors, in every way. He is Jupiter type, I am Mercury type. His sun Capricorn, my sun in Cancer, his ascendant in Sag mine in Gemini in opposition of 6 degrees.
His ascendant is conjunct Mars, he's very masculine, my ascendant is conjunct Venus, I'm very feminine. Our Venuses, Mars, Mercury, trine, so we communicate easily despite language barriers, and have same taste and preferences, our moons in 4th house double whammy.
Our composite is Pisces ascendant, trine Pluto, sextile Jupiter and Neptune. Neptune is square our Venus/sun/mercury stellium, and we have so many obstacles to overcome to be together, I sometimes wonder if it's all possible, if this will ever be a stable relationship. We are currently on long-distance.
He completely mirrors me, his interests are my interests, we are the same person but in two different bodies. We have entirely different backgrounds, are from two different parts of the world.
We met through our occult and spiritual interests. The connection was instant, the universe pulled us together so we were always physically close in various different locations even before we knew of each other.

I have to admit, Neptune is exhausting me... one thing is for sure. This relationship has come to show me a way to go beyond the ego and embrace the unknown... but it's scary as hell.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 06-01-2020, 02:55 PM
GypsyBee GypsyBee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabutterfly View Post
Hello

I see many theories about twin souls when looking to synastry but wouldn t make more sense if twins have similar placements (and not opposite placements)? We are looking for a twin (similar not different -opposite). Would like to read your thoughts on this. Thanks
Ok so my husband and I have known each other over 30 years he's a Sag Sun Libra Moon Leo Asc. Im a Sag Sun Sco Moon Ari Asc. We have 13 out of 24 EXACT aspects in our synastry. We have the same signs occupied but his are in the first quad into the 2nd and mine are in the 2nd into the 3rd. His From Libra to Sag mine from Libra to Cap. His NN in 7th mine in 10th. We have some of the most beautiful aspects in synastry like Venus Venus, Mars Venus, Sun Merc, Nep Merc conjunctions etc. Our opposites are tricky but not unmanageable. We communicate well so we have grown so much as a couple. People who meet us say how we act like a couple who just met totally in love with each other. Our oppositions in the past were the make it or break it points that forced us to change. And let me tell you there were some really explosive moments even tho they were rare they could have easily sent us over the edge. With all our scorpio heaviness (I have a super stellium in 8th hs Scorp Moon Merc Mars venus Im in NO WAY easy because I demand a certain amout of loyalty respect and show of decorum hard for people to live up to. But i dont demand more than i give) and with his easy breezy Libra Moon, cocky Leo and mouthy Sag im sure u can see how our heads would butt. Im quiet about our personal life and he likes everyone to know what a rocket his woman is in bed. We got that one str8 the fist time I heard about it. But there were times where he'd tell someone we were fighting and i just wasnt with that. Or he lied about gambling and it took me to a place of "What else are u lying about?" But we got through it. Because at the end of the day what we have is on a spiritual level. When we make love we go to another planet. When we cuddle or touch each other we heal each other. Well if thats not twin flame/soul energy I dont know what else to call it. When we seperated once we thought we would die without the other...like literally DIE! So whatever u want to call it...we have it. And we dont have a bunch of oppositions but the ones we had were enough to make us realize that what we needed to work on. But its our similarities that make us know the reasons why we cant be apart. It makes us one in the same. We are each masculine or feminine in the way the other isnt which is another key factor. But its in the same signs. So there u have it from the center of my world 😉
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-11-2020, 04:23 PM
aquabutterfly aquabutterfly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes11 View Post
I have same reservations about twin flame terminology. But I've been researching it so much, I can't avoid thinking about it.

My boyfriend and me are twin flames based on all these definitions.
We are complete mirrors, in every way. He is Jupiter type, I am Mercury type. His sun Capricorn, my sun in Cancer, his ascendant in Sag mine in Gemini in opposition of 6 degrees.
His ascendant is conjunct Mars, he's very masculine, my ascendant is conjunct Venus, I'm very feminine. Our Venuses, Mars, Mercury, trine, so we communicate easily despite language barriers, and have same taste and preferences, our moons in 4th house double whammy.
Our composite is Pisces ascendant, trine Pluto, sextile Jupiter and Neptune. Neptune is square our Venus/sun/mercury stellium, and we have so many obstacles to overcome to be together, I sometimes wonder if it's all possible, if this will ever be a stable relationship. We are currently on long-distance.
He completely mirrors me, his interests are my interests, we are the same person but in two different bodies. We have entirely different backgrounds, are from two different parts of the world.
We met through our occult and spiritual interests. The connection was instant, the universe pulled us together so we were always physically close in various different locations even before we knew of each other.

I have to admit, Neptune is exhausting me... one thing is for sure. This relationship has come to show me a way to go beyond the ego and embrace the unknown... but it's scary as hell.
Hi Agnes thank you for sharing your story. There are indeed connections that are so strong that go beyond anything. Im also in long distance relationship. Its not easy but rather wait for the right one than being with someone that is not for me!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-11-2020, 04:27 PM
aquabutterfly aquabutterfly is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBee View Post
Ok so my husband and I have known each other over 30 years he's a Sag Sun Libra Moon Leo Asc. Im a Sag Sun Sco Moon Ari Asc. We have 13 out of 24 EXACT aspects in our synastry. We have the same signs occupied but his are in the first quad into the 2nd and mine are in the 2nd into the 3rd. His From Libra to Sag mine from Libra to Cap. His NN in 7th mine in 10th. We have some of the most beautiful aspects in synastry like Venus Venus, Mars Venus, Sun Merc, Nep Merc conjunctions etc. Our opposites are tricky but not unmanageable. We communicate well so we have grown so much as a couple. People who meet us say how we act like a couple who just met totally in love with each other. Our oppositions in the past were the make it or break it points that forced us to change. And let me tell you there were some really explosive moments even tho they were rare they could have easily sent us over the edge. With all our scorpio heaviness (I have a super stellium in 8th hs Scorp Moon Merc Mars venus Im in NO WAY easy because I demand a certain amout of loyalty respect and show of decorum hard for people to live up to. But i dont demand more than i give) and with his easy breezy Libra Moon, cocky Leo and mouthy Sag im sure u can see how our heads would butt. Im quiet about our personal life and he likes everyone to know what a rocket his woman is in bed. We got that one str8 the fist time I heard about it. But there were times where he'd tell someone we were fighting and i just wasnt with that. Or he lied about gambling and it took me to a place of "What else are u lying about?" But we got through it. Because at the end of the day what we have is on a spiritual level. When we make love we go to another planet. When we cuddle or touch each other we heal each other. Well if thats not twin flame/soul energy I dont know what else to call it. When we seperated once we thought we would die without the other...like literally DIE! So whatever u want to call it...we have it. And we dont have a bunch of oppositions but the ones we had were enough to make us realize that what we needed to work on. But its our similarities that make us know the reasons why we cant be apart. It makes us one in the same. We are each masculine or feminine in the way the other isnt which is another key factor. But its in the same signs. So there u have it from the center of my world 😉
Hi Gypsybee thanks for your input. The Scorpio energy does demand loyalty. Im a scorpio moon myself so i know lol. I came to understand indeed there are many signs about who is the one. And the most clear sign is within us! There is a knowing of how special a certain person is!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, placements, similar, souls, twin

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.