Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Re: Astrology Shame

In case you were wondering what the insult train is, this is it.

StillConfused (03-06-2014)
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Love to know where the Asteroid Nemesis is in your natal, StillConfused. Since none of your charts from previous starter threads still exist, perhaps you would PM me the data---confidentially of course.
The asteroid Nemesis is at 0207' Leo (tropical).

This is conjunct the 6th cusp if Placidus is used, in the 5th using equal house, and in the 6th using the whole sign house system.

conjunct Chiron (3)
semi-sextile SN (this applies for both true and mean nodes but is exact with mean)
quincunx NN
sextile Sun (exact)

EDIT: bi-quintile AC (1)

EDIT again: As you know I'm currently into Vedic astrology, but looking back at your website Zarathu, I'm intrigued by the wholistic approach you have to looking at charts within what is available to Western astrologers, so I'll PM you my birth details.

Last edited by StillConfused; 03-07-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 03-07-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
In case you were wondering what the insult train is, this is it.
You're sor riht about the opinions and insults and....right now I'm so pissed off at the world, my shame is from the fact that I live here. Until now I constantly repeated that school won't get us anywhere, that studying won't get idealists anywhere, that civilazation(the greatest mistake and sin) will get us only....nowhere. But yesterday I was in a situation where everyone, if observant enough, could see it right in front of their eyes - a teacher with a big, Big ego, 'full of principles and so many years of experience and teaching, and time-tested qualities of the personality' and blah-blah...full of complexes and with a fragile ego. I wrote an essay. No, I didn't - I envented a new philosophical concept in a moment when my psychic powers were so high, I literally felt everything there is to be felt, it was brilliant, it was mine and my friend, who is like-minded, loved it so much and....The teacher(which is the teacher that I "hated"since the start. Since the moment she came in the classroom, she hasn't even uttered a word when I sensed her aura) didn't know what to say. She couldn't comment on it. She just said that it wasn't close to the topic(it was) and I got a lower mark than the guy who have copied his essay from internet(and she knew it and said it before the whole class that he had copied it and still...). But I don't care about the mark. OMG, you should have seen her! She literally struggled with showing the "right"emotions! She didn't even comment on what I have written, her ego was questioned(because she perceived herself as a philosopher, an abstract thinker, a higher being) so deeply, she couldn't bare to say a good word about what I've written. She even asked me to rewrite it! Either she is more stupid(for not understanding it) than I thought(the first guess of my friend) or her ego and false-perceived character were her problem. But can someone be that stupid? I'm out of my mind, the world has again proven to be useless.
Sorry for the off-topic comment, but Jesse, when you said that we should stand behind our opinions...I have no shame, not even in front of myself!
P.S. A day will come and I will be one of the most famous writers and I will post my essay in my personal blog(that, of course, will be followed by the whole world xD no, I'm not humble. Just two years and I burn this world.) and everyone that have wronged me will cry inwardly. And those who haven't will cry, too. Everyone will cry. But nobody can 'repay' me my tragical child and teen years. No one.

~INFJ, 4w3~

I will do what queens do, I will rule. - Daenerys Targaryen

Last edited by Yanel; 03-07-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Unread 03-07-2014, 04:18 PM

Jesse Booth hit upon another area that I have experience in - being interested in "new age" stuff like astrology, tarot, and so on - realms that are populated nearly 100% by people that are politically on the left. I'm also very conservative and Libertarian, and one of the handful of people who fit this mold of being into "new age" stuff (I hate the term "new age" as it is neither new nor an age) and on the right, politically. These very "liberal" people cannot even see the dichotomy of what they believe politically versus "new age" ideals - the entire premise of the new age is that we are all responsible for ourselves, we create our own reality and we need to work together while also taking care of our own and making our own decisions and doing what is best for ourselves. This is the very opposite of what the left believes ideologically, yet these people hold new age beliefs but have a political view that is the exact opposite - that government should force people to do things to modify behavior (like telling me what to eat, or not smoke, or what to drive, etc), that nobody is responsible for what they do, it is society's fault, your parents fault, and that "tolerance" only applies to what they consider ok, but not to you if you don't fall in line as your view "offends" them, or upsets them.

That said, I make no apologies for astrology or being politically on the right. If I'm with a group of friends and someone makes an incredibly ignorant or bigoted comment, I'm going to call it out. If that makes you uncomfortable because you can't find the words to defend it, that's your problem. Keep your yap shut next time and your opinions to yourself. I never discuss either subject in mixed company unless someone else brings it up first and sometimes not even then.
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:26 AM

I can't imagine why anyone who studies Astrology wouldn't be a libertarian; when you know without a doubt that everyone is entirely unique, and has their own talents, gifts, and challenges to use and to deal with over the course of their lives, why on Earth would you think that having a government that takes as much control of your life as possible would be a good thing? Many people I've had the great personal fortune of running circles around in debates complained almost endlessly about how corrupt capitalism is, and how evil businessmen are. Unfortunately, some of those people are on this forum. I actually noticed quite a few communists on the thread about the difference between men and women. I'm not insulting someone, these people actually called themselves communists. If something like money has an area of influence in Astrology, how can it be inherently evil?
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:53 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I can't imagine why anyone who studies Astrology wouldn't be a libertarian;
I study astrology, and I'm not a Libertarian. I'm a dyed in the wool Liberal, and hey, ho that's in my natal chart. I also study Traditional astrology, and that, too, is in my natal chart. Maybe you just need to spend more time studying natal charts before you make sweeping comments like this one?

Quote:
when you know without a doubt that everyone is entirely unique, and has their own talents, gifts, and challenges to use and to deal with over the course of their lives, why on Earth would you think that having a government that takes as much control of your life as possible would be a good thing? Many people I've had the great personal fortune of running circles around in debates complained almost endlessly about how corrupt capitalism is, and how evil businessmen are. Unfortunately, some of those people are on this forum. I actually noticed quite a few communists on the thread about the difference between men and women. I'm not insulting someone, these people actually called themselves communists. If something like money has an area of influence in Astrology, how can it be inherently evil?
I have abstained from your idea of debates, because while I may be a dyed in the wool Liberal who studies traditional astrology, I also remember what it was like to be 17 and know absolutely everything. You'll get there someday, too. When you realize that you don't know everything. Once you do, perhaps your mind will be opened to other ideas. If not? Enh.

If you are not part of the solution of compromise you are part of the problem.

Not everyone is entirely unique. That, Luke, is the lesson you ned to learn. There is nothing new under the Sun...

We can come to astrology thinking that we are all special snoflake indigo children, and please tell me what in my natal chart points to my being right about everything...me, me, me. One day, we wake up and realize that me isn't so special in the grand scheme of things, and the only thing that me can infulence is possibly the close world around me.

If something like money has an influence on astrolgy how can it be inherently evil? Which, money or astrology?

Everything is influenced by money. Including astrology. Including the Pauls. including...everything. So the real question is...is your personal astrology influenced by money? If not, what exactly can you do to help humanity with it?
Zarathu (03-09-2014)
Unread 03-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdinaz View Post
Jesse Booth hit upon another area that I have experience in - being interested in "new age" stuff like astrology, tarot, and so on - realms that are populated nearly 100% by people that are politically on the left. I'm also very conservative and Libertarian, and one of the handful of people who fit this mold of being into "new age" stuff (I hate the term "new age" as it is neither new nor an age) and on the right, politically. These very "liberal" people cannot even see the dichotomy of what they believe politically versus "new age" ideals - the entire premise of the new age is that we are all responsible for ourselves, we create our own reality and we need to work together while also taking care of our own and making our own decisions and doing what is best for ourselves. This is the very opposite of what the left believes ideologically, yet these people hold new age beliefs but have a political view that is the exact opposite - that government should force people to do things to modify behavior (like telling me what to eat, or not smoke, or what to drive, etc),
Dear Lord, save me.

Ok, it's late, but really? really? Who exactly in the political equation is saying that I as a woman hold no reproductive rights, and who exactly is saying that it is perfectly fine to discriminate against those who do not believe the way libertarians do? As in, who is it that wants to build discrimination back into the good ol' US of A?

Quote:
that nobody is responsible for what they do, it is society's fault, your parents fault, and that "tolerance" only applies to what they consider ok, but not to you if you don't fall in line as your view "offends" them, or upsets them.

That said, I make no apologies for astrology or being politically on the right. If I'm with a group of friends and someone makes an incredibly ignorant or bigoted comment, I'm going to call it out. If that makes you uncomfortable because you can't find the words to defend it, that's your problem. Keep your yap shut next time and your opinions to yourself. I never discuss either subject in mixed company unless someone else brings it up first and sometimes not even then.
This is a convoluted opinion based on personal prejudice. Sorry, but I have Jupiter clinging to the ASC, and I think that fair is fair. If you want to introduce politics or religion into astrology then I have a Frawley to introduce you to.

Lack of tolerance breeds lack of tolerance. It's just that simple. And those who proclaim to be so much further evolved in their spiritual journey should just know better than to start or participate in conversations like this.

In my experience, which is sorely limited and so not a basis of any kind of conclusion, it is mostly those "on the right" that want to believe in the free will debate, and mostly those "on the left" who are willing to open themselves to the idea that the stars can actually tell us what will happen.

Also, I kind of expected more tolerance from you, mdinaz...
Unread 03-09-2014, 06:27 AM

tsmall:
I noticed that you have criticized both me and mdinaz for our political beliefs. While it would be, at least in my opinion, rude to defend mdinaz for him, as he is perfectly capable of doing that himself if he so desires, I will only be defending my own opinions.

Perhaps "entirely unique" was the wrong choice of words. Point is, unless you were born in the same hospital at the exact same time as another person, you have a birth chart that will not be duplicated again for a couple million years. And yes, astrology is influenced by astrology. Everything in this universe is part of an interconnected web of ebbing and flowing influences and currents in the collective conscience(I'm a Jung fan myself). There is a time and a place for everything, money and business included.

Quote:
We can come to astrology thinking that we are all special snoflake indigo children, and please tell me what in my natal chart points to my being right about everything...me, me, me. One day, we wake up and realize that me isn't so special in the grand scheme of things, and the only thing that me can infulence is possibly the close world around me.
I suppose that's right. Unless that "me" is Josef Stalin, who executed almost 25,000,000 people during his rule over the USSR. That is how communism works: a classless society with no need for money, with the exception of the all-powerful dictator at the top with all the money. Personally, I think I'll stick with our "brutal and inhumane" capitalist system. Or whatever you liberals call it.

What I failed to properly convey is that I am a diehard libertarian because of my knowledge of astrology; everyone is an individual, and there has never been a system of government, religion, or morality that has been perfect for everyone. Therefore, it would be best for everyone if government were kept to a minimum, and people were allowed to choose for themselves what they wished to believe in and what code of ethics they followed, with the government playing just enough of a role to stop different religions and codes of ethics from being forced on others.

Quote:
If something like money has an influence on astrolgy how can it be inherently evil? Which, money or astrology?

Everything is influenced by money. Including astrology. Including the Pauls. including...everything. So the real question is...is your personal astrology influenced by money? If not, what exactly can you do to help humanity with it?
I wish you wouldn't misinterperet my words, you know. I said "influence IN astrology. I was asking how money is evil, if it is something that astrology rules over. You might not think that, but then again I wasn't asking you specifically, just liberals in general. Everything has a time and a place in our world, and money is one of those things.

You asked if my personal astrology is influenced by money, and it would be wonderful if you would explain what exactly that question means. What exactly is "personal" astrology? Are you asking if I am corrupt? As I don't charge people for my inexperienced astrological opinion, I guess not? Or are you asking if my birth chart influences my money matters? Yes it does. I assume 100% of people with birth charts are influenced by birth charts, and as money is held under the influence of astrology, I assume everyone's birth charts show the influence of money on their lives.

You also asked what I can do for the world with my money. My honest answer? Nothing. Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty than charity ever could. If I have a product or skill to ply, than I can offer it to people who want or need my assistance in exchange for their money. I can then exchange that money for someone else's services, in order to meet my own wants and needs. When everyone offers their products or skills to each other, everyone will be able to meet their needs and as many of their wants as possible without interfering with the rights of others. The world as it is is nothing like that, because mankind has ignored the higher knowledge of metaphysics for too long. Everyone has a lesson they must learn, and a gift to give the world. As such, there is no reason you should throw away what you have earned on people who refuse to develope their own gift. If you want to actually help the world, you help others learn to be self-sufficient. As a student of astrology, I intend to learn how to advise people on how best to discover their own innate talents, so that they will not rely on the charity of others.
Unread 03-09-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post

Not everyone is entirely unique. That, Luke, is the lesson you ned to learn. There is nothing new under the Sun...

He said nothing about needing to be special snowflake children, or about the necessity of having a far-reaching influence, to be unique.
The Following User Says Thank You to StillConfused For This Useful Post:
Jesse Booth (03-09-2014)
Unread 03-09-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Its a struggle that I've has for more than 40 years.

I finally just tell people, and let the chips fall.
I'm increasingly coming into the beauty of this post, with the help of Jesse's philosophy about being ourselves no more no less, and about a million other factors.

But basically what I want to post on here, is this.

In showing myself to others, I can only give what I have at any given moment, and let that be enough or not enough <3.

And any attempt to hide the totality of my authenic self, be it an "irrational" or "needy" feeling, or a "spacey" interest, etc., is a reflection of deep, unhealed shame I have for that aspect of myself, no matter how we might bend it/ justify the conservatism by saying it's the OTHERS that aren't ready to see me. This shame is so common, it's easy not to take it seriously and settle for a life of it. That's why people are private.

<3

Quote:
Then perhaps "shame" is not the right word. "Shame" implies guilt, which implies a recognition that what you have done is wrong and needs to be corrected. I've done nothing wrong, so there is no guilt and thus no shame. If someone else has a problem with it, they can feel the shame for being close-minded, bigoted, ignorant, or whatever adjective fits.
The Following User Says Thank You to StillConfused For This Useful Post:
Jesse Booth (03-09-2014)
Unread 03-09-2014, 02:43 PM

I guess what I'm getting at, is to

CHALLENGE OURSELVES to wonder

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN,

if we exposed more of ourselves on a daily basis, including about our practices, and were willing to let the chips fall.

It's easy to feel comfortable about something we don't feel the obligation to share.

Do you accept yourself THAT deeply?
Unread 03-09-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
Dear Lord, save me.

Ok, it's late, but really? really? Who exactly in the political equation is saying that I as a woman hold no reproductive rights, and who exactly is saying that it is perfectly fine to discriminate against those who do not believe the way libertarians do? As in, who is it that wants to build discrimination back into the good ol' US of A?

This is a convoluted opinion based on personal prejudice. Sorry, but I have Jupiter clinging to the ASC, and I think that fair is fair. If you want to introduce politics or religion into astrology then I have a Frawley to introduce you to.

Lack of tolerance breeds lack of tolerance. It's just that simple. And those who proclaim to be so much further evolved in their spiritual journey should just know better than to start or participate in conversations like this.

In my experience, which is sorely limited and so not a basis of any kind of conclusion, it is mostly those "on the right" that want to believe in the free will debate, and mostly those "on the left" who are willing to open themselves to the idea that the stars can actually tell us what will happen.

Also, I kind of expected more tolerance from you, mdinaz...
You appear to be suffering under the affliction of which you place upon me. If you read my post, you'll notice that I said I never bring up the subject myself unless someone else does first. You are free to believe whatever you want, and I won't say a word about it unless you bring it up first in which case I am free to respond, or not. The idea that you appear to be offended or defensively righteous in response really makes my point.

As Jesse points out, unless you were born at the exact same moment in the exact same place as I was, NO ONE on earth possesses my birth chart. This by definition is "unique". To each his own. And to be clear, "tolerance" means accepting people's opinions and going your own way. It does not imply "agreement". This is also the core of Libertarianism. We can agree to disagree and I'm perfectly fine with that.

As for the money discussion, I'm not clear on how that came up in this but money, for me, is just a tool, like a hammer or a dinner plate. It is neither good nor evil, no more than the same hammer or dinner plate - only in how it is wielded. Astrologers have to eat too, and pay rent. Unfortunately for most of us it will only buy rice and a grass hut, so off to my day job I go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdinaz For This Useful Post:
Jesse Booth (03-09-2014), Zarathu (03-09-2014)
Unread 03-09-2014, 06:52 PM

Oh, and one more thing before we get back to the discussion of astrology shame. tsmall, you said:

Quote:
I don't even know how to respond to something this ridiculous. Would you PLEASE try to find out what a libertarian is next time you want to debate our viewpoints? Because you certainly don't seem to know what libertarians are. As such, your argument is invalid.
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ram View Post
Although I do believe that the planets are physical representations of forces that do influence us.
While this may be true, and I may actually agree, since there is no way to show this in any context that can be duplicated with a significant .005 level probability for the general scientism(the religion of science as opposed to the study of science) oriented public, I prefer not to start arguments for which I have nothing to offer in a .005 defense.

it is much easier to point out the 1000's of years of human observation of signs correlated to human circumstances, than to start specifying planets making one do something when there is no known mechanism or even an understanding by the general public of the fact that planets might be the physical bodies of consciousness that are beyond comprehension.

This gets into esoteric studies that are out of the range of more than 1 out of every 10,000 people, in my estimation. I have never found anyone in real life who knows anything about this except those who specialize in its study, such as when I was a student at the Arcane School, in NYC, many years ago.
Unread 03-09-2014, 07:35 PM

I don't believe the planets act on us in a 3rd dimensional, physical way. They act on us from a higher sphere of consciousness and existence, of which quantum physics is barely beginning to scratch the surface. Time and space do not exist there, thus how big the planet or body or how far away it is physically is irrelevant. What exactly is the mechanism, I have no idea, nor does anyone else, I suspect. If anyone asks how can the gravitational pull of a planet billions of miles way affect our lives and I say that it doesn't. THAT really confuses people when they ask about astrology.
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
I don't believe the planets act on us in a 3rd dimensional, physical way. They act on us from a higher sphere of consciousness and existence, of which quantum physics is barely beginning to scratch the surface. Time and space do not exist there, thus how big the planet or body or how far away it is physically is irrelevant. What exactly is the mechanism, I have no idea, nor does anyone else, I suspect. If anyone asks how can the gravitational pull of a planet billions of miles way affect our lives and I say that it doesn't. THAT really confuses people when they ask about astrology.
Again, I essentially agree with MDinaz as I usually do. But in explaining astrology, this would be an explanation to an esotericist in training. To the general public, from unfortunately a lot of personal experience early in my adult life, these kinds of explanations are just gobble-de-gook. It takes too much to even begin to explain it.

So I just go over the signs on the road or signs of the forest trail explanation. Then I don't run into the ugly head of scientism attacking my credibility. Further I just say that it represents a part of the Spiritual World View rather than the Materialistic World View(all that is, is made of matter that can be observed with eyes, microscopes, telescopes, and particle colliders).
Unread 03-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillConfused View Post
I guess what I'm getting at, is to

CHALLENGE OURSELVES to wonder

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN,

if we exposed more of ourselves on a daily basis, including about our practices, and were willing to let the chips fall.

It's easy to feel comfortable about something we don't feel the obligation to share.

Do you accept yourself THAT deeply?
While there is nothing wrong with that and I don't disagree, I must point out that sometimes it is just simply not worth the effort in the difficulties that arise with some people who are not able to handle those that are different from them. It comes under the law of Diminishing Returns. I choose carefully whom I share with as you do. I'll never pretend to be something I'm not in order to fit in - if I don't fit in I'll either keep my mouth shut or go somewhere else. There's something for everyone, somewhere.
Unread 03-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
While there is nothing wrong with that and I don't disagree, I must point out that sometimes it is just simply not worth the effort in the difficulties that arise with some people who are not able to handle those that are different from them. It comes under the law of Diminishing Returns. I choose carefully whom I share with as you do. I'll never pretend to be something I'm not in order to fit in - if I don't fit in I'll either keep my mouth shut or go somewhere else. There's something for everyone, somewhere.
There are also some work environments where this could be a professional disaster. After all, unless we want to live in a grass hut, or work 20 hours a day(like poor Robert Blaschke did and ran himself into an early death), or unless you are retired like I am NOW, letting the chips fall might be awful.

For example a PhD level professional astronomer or astrophysicist who let people know s/he was also an astrologer would probably spell the end of his/her career. My son, the PhD experimental nuclear physicist, who has the same middle name as my first name, probably has issues of telling people that I am not him and that that's his whacko dad.

Or, there are many counseling environments which are either steeped in Scientism(science that says if you can't see it, then it doesn't exist) or fundamentalist religion, and telling people that you are a professional astrologer, would be almost as bad as admitting to be a Witch.

We don't all live in work environments where this subject is accepted. Only few people knew that I was an astrologer when I spent 40 years in professional counseling. And when I told my methodist minister, he told me to keep it to myself, and never ever again tell anyone in the congregation what I told him about my esoteric beliefs or my astrology.

Letting the chips fall works for me now that I am retired and living 800 miles away from where my professional career existed.
Unread 03-09-2014, 09:59 PM

I had to think about it but in all the corporate jobs I've had over the past 25 years, I think only two people knew I was an astrologer, and I was intimately involved with both. Otherwise nobody knows. The only other place I worked where it was accepted was at a health food store I worked in years ago, but then everyone there was into metaphysical-esoteric beliefs. I have a couple close friends who know but none of them are work friends, as most of my friends in life have not been co-workers. It would probably be more acceptable in my career field since many of the people there are dorks anyway (computer IT), but this is still a highly religious area of the country (many Mormons and Baptists) and I don't need the headaches.
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:18 PM

I live in the deep south, and don't hesitate to mention my study of astrology when the topic comes up, and yet I've never come across any major opposition from other people in the Pluto-Sagitarrius generation. The closest I've come to a seriously heated argument about the subject has been with a Baptist kid named Jacob, and all we discussed was whether various bible verses were actually stating in concrete terms that astrology was immoral, or whether they were just chiding people for putting more stock in astrologers than in God himself. He didn't believe in astrology himself, but he said that was because he didn't know enough about the subject to make a decision on the matter. If that isn't a sign of changing winds, I don't know what is.

Just from my experience, most people my age are definitely interested in astrology and other occult matters, though they don't actively seek it out. When the subject comes up in conversation, everyone in the room wants me to tell them about their sign. Unfortunately, I have to spend a lot of time trying to explain how your sun sign is only a fraction of your personality. In general, though, I feel that my generation is really going to help change the general opinion of the metaphysical sciences and help real astrologers regain the respect it has lost in recent centuries. If we all have the courage to risk getting insulted by the naysayers in order to get the word out, that is.
StillConfused (03-11-2014)
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
I live in the deep south, and don't hesitate to mention my study of astrology when the topic comes up, and yet I've never come across any major opposition from other people in the Pluto-Sagitarrius generation.
You may change your mind when you have to get a professional job in the real world way off into your future. This would especially be true if the field you are in is a scientism one, or a people oriented one.

When I was in college 45 years ago it was the "in-thing" to do. When I got into the work world run by people my parents and my grand parents age, things were very very much different than college.

I'm not surprised that you get little guff at your age. Come back at talk to us again in about 10-15 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
ashriia (03-11-2014)
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM

Zarathu, I was just commenting on how people in my age group seem to be open-minded in general, at least with astrology. I don't know if it is specifically the result of pluto's transit of Sagitarrius at the time we were born, or if we just happen to be young people. My point is that my generation in particular seems to be especially open-minded to new concepts. As I have never been a member of a different generation, I'm not sure if this is how teenagers always react to new ideas. As such, I decided that Pluto-Sagitarrians were a particularly good opportunity for us all to reach out to fresh minds, before this "scientism" mumbo-jumbo brainwashes them completely.
Unread 03-11-2014, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Zarathu, I was just commenting on how people in my age group seem to be open-minded in general, at least with astrology. I don't know if it is specifically the result of pluto's transit of Sagitarrius at the time we were born, or if we just happen to be young people. My point is that my generation in particular seems to be especially open-minded to new concepts. As I have never been a member of a different generation, I'm not sure if this is how teenagers always react to new ideas. As such, I decided that Pluto-Sagitarrians were a particularly good opportunity for us all to reach out to fresh minds, before this "scientism" mumbo-jumbo brainwashes them completely.
Truth. Although not all of them seem to belive it all, they are interested and continue asking questions. A lot of them want to know more than just their zodiac signs and I'm continuing collecting birth data and making myself look smart. But the jokes aside, there is something true about the Pluto in Sagitarrius generation.
And also, I never hide my interests. Whatever they are. If I can **** someone off it's a good day.

~INFJ, 4w3~

I will do what queens do, I will rule. - Daenerys Targaryen

Last edited by Yanel; 03-11-2014 at 03:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yanel For This Useful Post:
StillConfused (03-11-2014)
Unread 03-11-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
There are also some work environments where this could be a professional disaster. After all, unless we want to live in a grass hut, or work 20 hours a day(like poor Robert Blaschke did and ran himself into an early death), or unless you are retired like I am NOW, letting the chips fall might be awful.
Quote:
You may change your mind when you have to get a professional job in the real world way off into your future. This would especially be true if the field you are in is a scientism one, or a people oriented one.
Quote:
I genuinely see where you guys are coming from, and yet to truly understand wouldn't be possible as I haven't experienced anything like being a psychology councellor for a living yet. I wasn't quick to respond - surely your point of view is very valid. And Mdinaz, I totally get the part where you talk yourself into keeping your practice to yourself and those other few, for avoidance of headaches or conflicts that seemingly are more costly than privacy. Yeah, I get that all too well.

However I still feel like........... diminishing returns doesn't apply here, it only seems like it does. I feel like transparent living would be the ultimate gift. I guess it all depends, how high we want to live.

Of course we all have quite a bit of that transparency equals grass hut belief inside of us. But what if it didn't? What if there was a way around the grass hut? A different job perhaps. A dedication to find the right job, the right fit? Again, it depends, how much of a priority transparent living will be, but when there is a will, there is a way...
Unread 06-22-2017, 11:28 PM

Other people will laugh at you for being an astro nerd, only to turn around and praise a black rock or kiss a book that talks about talking snakes.

**** them, okie dokie?
The Following User Says Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
CancerEvolve (06-22-2017)