Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:18 PM
StillConfused's Avatar
StillConfused StillConfused is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Posts: 215
How emotional am I?

In your opinion, based on this natal chart.

Thank you.


I struggle with the concept of emotion in astrology as I feel that everything is emotion. Perhaps we have been so distracted by the potential of astrological charts to "reveal our personalities" that we have forgotten that this is secondary to its potential to predict childhood circumstances and the way that our energy is inclined to be invested, from which I guess our personalities are born.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_Natal(1).jpg (88.3 KB, 52 views)


Last edited by StillConfused; 10-13-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Cypocryphy's Avatar
Cypocryphy Cypocryphy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Three Sheets to the West
Posts: 1,605
Re: How emotional am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillConfused View Post
In your opinion, based on this natal chart.

Thank you.


I struggle with the concept of emotion in astrology as I feel that everything is emotion. Perhaps we have been so distracted by the potential of astrological charts to "reveal our personalities" that we have forgotten that this is secondary to its potential to predict childhood circumstances and the way that our energy is inclined to be invested, from which I guess our personalities are born.
What do you mean? You want to know what happened to you as a child? You want to do if you are emotionally balanced or imbalanced? You want to know what the quality of your emotions are the majority of the time?
__________________
"The mind suitable for foreknowledge obtains the truth more than the one practicing the art the most."
Ptolemy (Centiloquy)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:07 AM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: How emotional am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillConfused View Post
In your opinion, based on this natal chart.

Thank you.


I struggle with the concept of emotion in astrology as I feel that everything is emotion. Perhaps we have been so distracted by the potential of astrological charts to "reveal our personalities" that we have forgotten that this is secondary to its potential to predict childhood circumstances and the way that our energy is inclined to be invested, from which I guess our personalities are born.
Be happy to tell you that. But you will need to PM me your complete birth data, since the pretty picture chart you have presented won't allow me to obtain the necessary information to answer your question.

It depends on a lot of things, but mostly the condition of your limbic system. And, BTW, everyone is emotional in a different way.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Yanel's Avatar
Yanel Yanel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 176
Re: How emotional am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Be happy to tell you that. But you will need to PM me your complete birth data, since the pretty picture chart you have presented won't allow me to obtain the necessary information to answer your question.

It depends on a lot of things, but mostly the condition of your limbic system. And, BTW, everyone is emotional in a different way.
Yes, but from what I know about astrology if you want to be considered emotional, intense and deep-feeling you have to have a significant amount of water in your chart which I still struggle to belive because I find it ridiculous how a person can be defined by astrology as intellectual, emotional and unemontial etc. When an element is missing from a chart it's called an imbalanced chart but to my opinion this is too broad a concept. In what way imbalanced? A person isn't conscious of something, is completely missing this thing or he/she is looking outward for the qualities that are not his/her to use and feel? I disagree with all of these possibilities(almost all), as a live example of someone with an imbalanced chart.
Maybe this is not the place for writing this but I and StillConfused have already discussed this before and it's a sensitive topic.
__________________

~INFJ, 4w3~

I will do what queens do, I will rule. - Daenerys Targaryen

Last edited by Yanel; 02-10-2014 at 03:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:08 AM
StillConfused's Avatar
StillConfused StillConfused is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Posts: 215
Re: How emotional am I?

I appologize to everyone who answered this post, I did not realize there were replies!

What I meant by the post - a long time ago, mind you - is something I can express with a sense of a little more clarity now. It's that I felt a sharp distinction between personality and experiences, and who we are. I literally have no idea what I think of this in this instance, but that is what I meant.

I didn't know anything about Vedic astrology at the time, but I now have a sense of, if you look at your Vedic Rasi chart, or even just your Western chart using the sidereal zodiac, you will notice the story of your circumstances. Your childhood. Look to the signs on the cardinal houses and keep your interpretations of them as basic and tangible as you can, and you will notice the link to your attitude to life, self-concept (1 and 7) and your relationship to your parents (4 and 10). Western is thought to be a lot more psychological than tangible, which is why I had a hard time relating older views about the axes, the Sun and Moon, to the sign placements they are in in my chart. Even so, just because it is psychological, and therefore more ego-oriented, it that who we are?

I was struggling with the notion that perhaps our charts could only display how we behaved, and not how we felt inside. Because I was lacking the sense at the time that astrology communities acknowledge the fact that everyone has emotions, just that they are processed differently. I am a very emotional person and given that I have a water imbalance, this was a very sensitive issue that was fiercely threatening my self-concept to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypocryphy View Post
What do you mean? You want to know what happened to you as a child? You want to do if you are emotionally balanced or imbalanced? You want to know what the quality of your emotions are the majority of the time?
I just wanted someone to either say, no no, don't worry child, here is why it is clear that you are in fact a very deep-feeling person. That or, the usual - "you're low on water so not at all." And worst of all.... "And by the way your Pisces rising makes you a fake emotional." Because those were the messages I felt I was receiving at the time, so I thought I'd give that a last shot, since I was in my initial phase of learning astrology and not even convinced it was worth bothering with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Be happy to tell you that. But you will need to PM me your complete birth data, since the pretty picture chart you have presented won't allow me to obtain the necessary information to answer your question.
It's all good, Zarathu, thanks :-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
It depends on a lot of things, but mostly the condition of your limbic system. And, BTW, everyone is emotional in a different way.
Very interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Yanel's Avatar
Yanel Yanel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 176
Re: How emotional am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillConfused View Post
I appologize to everyone who answered this post, I did not realize there were replies!

What I meant by the post - a long time ago, mind you - is something I can express with a sense of a little more clarity now. It's that I felt a sharp distinction between personality and experiences, and who we are. I literally have no idea what I think of this in this instance, but that is what I meant.

I didn't know anything about Vedic astrology at the time, but I now have a sense of, if you look at your Vedic Rasi chart, or even just your Western chart using the sidereal zodiac, you will notice the story of your circumstances. Your childhood. Look to the signs on the cardinal houses and keep your interpretations of them as basic and tangible as you can, and you will notice the link to your attitude to life, self-concept (1 and 7) and your relationship to your parents (4 and 10). Western is thought to be a lot more psychological than tangible, which is why I had a hard time relating older views about the axes, the Sun and Moon, to the sign placements they are in in my chart. Even so, just because it is psychological, and therefore more ego-oriented, it that who we are?

I was struggling with the notion that perhaps our charts could only display how we behaved, and not how we felt inside. Because I was lacking the sense at the time that astrology communities acknowledge the fact that everyone has emotions, just that they are processed differently. I am a very emotional person and given that I have a water imbalance, this was a very sensitive issue that was fiercely threatening my self-concept to say the least.



I just wanted someone to either say, no no, don't worry child, here is why it is clear that you are in fact a very deep-feeling person. That or, the usual - "you're low on water so not at all." And worst of all.... "And by the way your Pisces rising makes you a fake emotional." Because those were the messages I felt I was receiving at the time, so I thought I'd give that a last shot, since I was in my initial phase of learning astrology and not even convinced it was worth bothering with.



It's all good, Zarathu, thanks :-).



Very interesting.
It's that while some astrologers acknowledge this with maybe a sentence or two, you still will meet the descriptions of the traditional water signs traits as the only ones where it's clearly said - they're very emotional. This word 'emotional' it's not used with the other signs. You say Capricorn is practical, ambitious and blah-blah, you can mention that they feel differently somewhere in a hidden, dark place of a 'suspicious' discussian, but the first trait you come up with is not the explanation of the emotiometer, this you do only with Cancer and Pisces and Scorpio. You say they are emotional, you say they are deep, you say it only for them. I don't know if you understood what I mean but things are what they are. If I say that I have a special interest in the occult, that my emotions are intense, that I am good at psychoanalazing people what would an astrologer search for in my chart? You probably can guess - he/she won't be searching for my Libra Sun in the 6th house of servitude. But this is a very simple example and a proffessional astrologer might not take it seriously but truth is truth.
__________________

~INFJ, 4w3~

I will do what queens do, I will rule. - Daenerys Targaryen

Last edited by Yanel; 03-06-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
emotional

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.